What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whatever happened to the guys from the old days? (1 Viewer)

It's funny, we talk similarly over at "another fantasy football board" about "the good ol' days" too.  I was a regular contributor over there... probably 45K posts from '03ish until '12 when things kinda just blew up.  That's when I found my way over here.

Those were really good years here. 2004-2010 or so.  That was the golden era. Clique battles, hilarious posting. It was preTwitter 
I think Twitter is the big one that killed it because we can all just go there now for news and comments/analysis.  Back in the day, we would find articles and post them here to discuss.  I've already seen every angle of an issue hit in the twitter comments and by the time it gets to a place like FBG it's a dead horse.

I think discord is more like this place but set up for more private channels/groups to communicate with.  Also can communicate in video games which I believe has been a major driver.

I think Twitter is the big one that killed it because we can all just go there now for news and comments/analysis.  Back in the day, we would find articles and post them here to discuss.  I've already seen every angle of an issue hit in the twitter comments and by the time it gets to a place like FBG it's a dead horse.

I think discord is more like this place but set up for more private channels/groups to communicate with.  Also can communicate in video games which I believe has been a major driver.
Reddit is the place I go to right after checking FBG.

I hear you. The most fun I have now is the 30 guy WhatsApp thread we have that centers around our Ryder Cup style golf tourney, FF leagues, trips to Del Mar etc. Non stop entertainment with people we really want to connect with. 

Those were really good years here. 2004-2010 or so.  That was the golden era. Clique battles, hilarious posting. It was preTwitter and Discord and whatever else, so this was our only outlet. And it was glorious. Honestly seems kind of meh now. Could just be me, who knows. 

I’d be curious to see the stats on FFA posts per year from 2000 to today. I bet today pales in comparison. 

i liked pre 9/11

Certainly not an old days guy, maybe a middle days guy, or something.

I think before I registered I recall a mail order bride draft, which was hilarious.

Who was the "walk a mile in my moccasins" guy? The worldwide brilliant chef guy?

That guy was funny

Users who are viewing this thread