What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whatever happened to the guys from the old days? (1 Viewer)

Pickles? 
The strangest, longest and angriest flame war I ever saw on this board was between Pickles and another poster (who I can't recall) over an anchorwoman on The Weather Channel.

Pickles had her photo as his avatar. The other poster made a sarcastic remark and they went back and forth over several pages, with insults and profanity circumvented through the language filter. Totally bizarre.

I also miss BGP with his investment strategies that he explained with mixed metaphors and Jurassic Park references. 

The strangest, longest and angriest flame war I ever saw on this board was between Pickles and another poster (who I can't recall) over an anchorwoman on The Weather Channel.

Pickles had her photo as his avatar. The other poster made a sarcastic remark and they went back and forth over several pages, with insults and profanity circumvented through the language filter. Totally bizarre.

I also miss BGP with his investment strategies that he explained with mixed metaphors and Jurassic Park references. 
Beej was a mad scientist 

I also remember one of the fbgs having a buddy who married to or banging Stephanie Abrams. Hot as fire 

Last edited by a moderator:
Those were really good years here. 2004-2010 or so.  That was the golden era. Clique battles, hilarious posting. It was preTwitter and Discord and whatever else, so this was our only outlet. And it was glorious. Honestly seems kind of meh now. Could just be me, who knows. 

I’d be curious to see the stats on FFA posts per year from 2000 to today. I bet today pales in comparison. 

I definitely remember catching Pickles cheating at Words With Friends  :lmao:

Then he accused me of making up words when I played OYEZ. :lmao:   :lmao:

pretty sure BGP stopped posting when the BTK killer was caught.  They lived in the same city.   Don't think it's a coincidence.

Those were really good years here. 2004-2010 or so.  That was the golden era. Clique battles, hilarious posting. It was preTwitter and Discord and whatever else, so this was our only outlet. And it was glorious. Honestly seems kind of meh now. Could just be me, who knows. 

I’d be curious to see the stats on FFA posts per year from 2000 to today. I bet today pales in comparison. 
you should have bought the place.

Original 3 digiter 
I was one of those...#120, I think.

And this thread is a bit timely, in a tangential way.  I was about to re-up with the "Pro"-level annual membership when I saw things such as "Rookie Rankings (for Dynasty)", "Dynasty Rankings", "IDP Rankings + Projections", "Dynasty Articles", "IDP Articles", and others are NOT covered under "Pro".

Now it's a lot of us old-timers who were sort of the backbone of this place for a long time.  Now, to me, it seems unless we pony up almost $70, we don't get a lot of what we had been advocating for for years - Dynasty and IDP content.

Rant over...just very disappointed.

It's definitely meh. Those days were a lot of fun 

DD is still here under another name.  Rarely posts though 
Doctor Detroit was one of my all-time favorites.  Loved that dude.  Brawled with him something fierce, but always respected him and always heard what he was saying.  If anyone knows his latest alias please PM me.  I'd love to catch up with him.  Thanks.

I miss Fennis

LarryBoy44….well momma said if you don’t have something nice to say… 

Doctor Detroit, Genedoc

<<<<4 digit poster should probably mosey over to the missing FBGs thread

#fng
Fennis was fierce, but once again I always respected his thoughts.  Would love to catch up with him as well.

Does anyone know whatever haven to SIDA!  Another classic poster who supernova'd.  He was controversial as a hard-line Conservative, but he was entertaining as hell and extremely knowledgable.  Even @timschochet liked him.

@TannerBoyle?  Officer Pete Malloy?  Brawled with him as well, but always loved the guy and his sense of humor.  Would love to hear from him as well.  PM me dude!  I've got a few things to tell you - all good.

Doctor Detroit was one of my all-time favorites.  Loved that dude.  Brawled with him something fierce, but always respected him and always heard what he was saying.  If anyone knows his latest alias please PM me.  I'd love to catch up with him.  Thanks.
Even though it was a Red wings fan, I always respected him

@TannerBoyle?  Officer Pete Malloy?  Brawled with him as well, but always loved the guy and his sense of humor.  Would love to hear from him as well.  PM me dude!  I've got a few things to tell you - all good.
he's on facebook telling dad jokes.  I think he finally ran out of aliases.

The poker sweats were really fun in the early days.

I was one of those...#120, I think.

And this thread is a bit timely, in a tangential way.  I was about to re-up with the "Pro"-level annual membership when I saw things such as "Rookie Rankings (for Dynasty)", "Dynasty Rankings", "IDP Rankings + Projections", "Dynasty Articles", "IDP Articles", and others are NOT covered under "Pro".

Now it's a lot of us old-timers who were sort of the backbone of this place for a long time.  Now, to me, it seems unless we pony up almost $70, we don't get a lot of what we had been advocating for for years - Dynasty and IDP content.

Rant over...just very disappointed.
What’s this now?  I re-up mostly to help joe out because I’ve been here so long. I still play the magic football and actually use those portions of the site. Because who has time to watch college football?

I joined here in 2012, and even for me, the first 5 years were vastly superior to the last 5. I'm just thankful I've been here long enough to see some late-era examples of what "Friday Topics" were, cause those were amazing reads.

Been around since old yellow days and was just shy of a 3 digiter. Was never a huge poster but remember some good times. Board is quieter now the It was but still some good content and a great source of general info. 

Users who are viewing this thread