What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is fair value for 1.06 in dynasty startup (1 Viewer)

SY2

Footballguy
12 team standard/non-PPR dynasty startup snake draft (vets and rookies).  1QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1TE, 2 flex.  I've been playing two decades, in a keeper league for 11 years, but new to dynasty.

What should I look for if I trade out of 1.06, that is fair?  Is a 2023 first and a 2022 third and fourth reasonable? More/less?

Are there any players you would not trade out of?  Jefferson, Chase, and Taylor are in my top tier but I'm assuming they won't fall.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be too late but a dynasty start up should never be a snake draft.  It should be an auction.  The point of dynasty is building your team with the players you want.  A snake draft prevents you from getting the player you want if you draw the wrong number.  

The trade aspect really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.  Owners usually go a couple of ways in the start up.  Some play for the future and will trade current picks for future picks.  Others go for it the current year and are on the other end of the trade approach above.  

Your trade structure is kind of trying to do both.  It's harder to pull off.  I don't think your offer is bad but it will take a certain type owner and you may not have any in your league.

What would you seek?  You're saying either future picks (several, for 1.06?) or round 2+ picks, but not both?

Our structure is a bit different in that the consolation bracket winner gets the first pick (7-12, then 6-1).  So it's really not geared toward tanking/productive struggle.

The league voted on the draft format and no one chose auction... I was a bit surprised. (as the commish I let them all vote first)

I am not stating a preference only that your trade partners may have a direction.  I have no problem with trying to get a future pick and mid round picks.  

Personally I don't like playing for the future.  I have never done a rebuild.  I have been lucky enough to compete most years so I am usually in the current view.  I also only look at 2 yr windows for evaluations which I have found to be quite successful.  I wish I had more advice for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: SY2
Thanks for the discussion. I ended up keeping the pick and took Kyle Pitts with the idea to have him ~10 years. The 12th team traded up to get both #1 and #2, for what seemed on the cheap side to me, so not sure if I would have gotten what I wanted anyway.

Thanks for the discussion. I ended up keeping the pick and took Kyle Pitts with the idea to have him ~10 years. The 12th team traded up to get both #1 and #2, for what seemed on the cheap side to me, so not sure if I would have gotten what I wanted anyway.
What were the trades?

What were the trades?

T12 gave: 2.1, 3.12, 4.1
T12 got: 1.1, 4.12

T12 gave: 1.12, 6.1
T12 got: 1.2
Definitely seems light for moving up that far by individual trades. When combined I am not sure I would do it. Team getting 1.01 and 1.02 now don't have 2nd, 3rd, 5th round picks. He better hit on those first two picks.

Users who are viewing this thread