What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade for Jefferson (1 Viewer)

kyter1

Footballguy
12 Tm PPR - QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex

I'm trying to get Chase (rebuilding team) or Jefferson (competitive, but aging team) . I sent the following trade offer out to both teams and received a counter from the team with Jefferson.

Original Offer I sent:
Jacobs, Deebo Diontae & 2024 2nd for Jefferson

His counter:
Jacobs, London & Deebo for Jefferson, 2.11, 3.11 & 2023 3rd

I don't think I want to give up London, but the counter tells me there's interest. Just don't know what I want to counter with and can get it done, I feel I have good depth. Any thoughts would be appreciated?

My Roster (potential starters):
Herbert
, Jones, Love
1.01 (Bijan), Taylor, Jacobs, Dobbins, Montgomery, Edwards, Haskins, Fournette
Lamb, Metcalf, London, Samuel, Jeudy, Kirk, Diontae, Jones, Valdez-Scantling, Davis
Andrews, Gesicki, Woods Bellinger

**edited to highlight either Jacobs/Samuel as my most likely flex WoW at the moment**

Last edited:
I think that offer is great to get Jefferson. My only concern is if it is a start 4 WR or 3 WR plus Flex (that you are using a WR in the flex). If it's start 4 then maybe it hurts too much. But If it's start three plus flex than I do the deal. I might counter trying to get a slightly better pick than 2.11 (if he has one) but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Or you could try and get a WR3 type back as another potential starter if he has something that fits that bill.

I think that offer is great to get Jefferson. My only concern is if it is a start 4 WR or 3 WR plus Flex (that you are using a WR in the flex). If it's start 4 then maybe it hurts too much. But If it's start three plus flex than I do the deal. I might counter trying to get a slightly better pick than 2.11 (if he has one) but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Or you could try and get a WR3 type back as another potential starter if he has something that fits that bill.
Thank Gally, I wasn't very clear I think with my bolded originally, so I highlighted in green my most likely flex week over week. It is a 2RB, 3WR and 1 flex (RB,WR,TE). I'd really like to try to keep London as that 4th receiver flex option. I'm on the fence, other than his 1st rd picks he only has a 2024 2nd he hasn't offered. I guess, I could try to ask for that as a little addition.

He obviously isn't interested in Diontae. Do you think swapping out London out with Jeudy, 2024 1st and keeping the 2.11, 3.11 on his side would be a good move?

I guess would you rather start Jefferson with Dobbins or Jeudy ---- Jefferson with London or Dobbins (losing a 1st rounder next year needs to factor here).

I would take the deal as is, but if you really want to keep London then Jeudy and a first should accomplish it.

He obviously isn't interested in Diontae. Do you think swapping out London out with Jeudy, 2024 1st and keeping the 2.11, 3.11 on his side would be a good move?
I am not a big London guy. He is fine but I wouldn't lose sleep over him so I keep the deal as is. I would imagine swapping Jeudy and a 1st for London would probably get it done but I wouldn't do that from your side.

Seemed like his counter was pretty fair to me. Most leagues you flat out can’t get Jefferson so you’re going to have to give up something you don’t want to.

Users who are viewing this thread