What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (3 Viewers)

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) said ahead of the vote that she will vote to keep Trump’s national emergency, stating:

Since Congress gave emergency powers to the executive branch in 1976 under the National Emergencies Act, presidents from both political parties have declared national emergencies in the United States over situations far less dire than the security and humanitarian crisis that is currently plaguing the southern border. The president and Congress must take swift action to secure our border, protect our citizens, and defend our sovereignty. I support President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency, and I reject the resolution of disapproval.
Trumps people probably wrote otnfornthat no talent rubber stamp (insert many other names for Blackburn that would get me banned).

Home Depot is going to build a string of stores along the Mexico side of the border with each store being fully stocked with picks, shovels, ladders and ropes.  Gold mine.
Gonna need to impose tariffs on shovels, ladders and ropes

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) said ahead of the vote that she will vote to keep Trump’s national emergency, stating:

Since Congress gave emergency powers to the executive branch in 1976 under the National Emergencies Act, presidents from both political parties have declared national emergencies in the United States over situations far less dire than the security and humanitarian crisis that is currently plaguing the southern border. The president and Congress must take swift action to secure our border, protect our citizens, and defend our sovereignty. I support President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency, and I reject the resolution of disapproval.
Marsha Blackburn is also a giant POS

Lies and hyperbole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is all meaningless and silly since that wall's never getting built, and I know it's fun to dunk on the people who are actually trying to make argument for this whole absurdity and on the 41 spineless hypocrites who voted no.

But it's still nice that 12 Republicans senators, including some surprises like Rubio and Moran, did the right thing. 12 is a bigger number than anyone would have guessed. They should get some credit, and the fact that the number got that high should give you a tiny sliver of hope that we're gonna get through this mess OK.

I agree with Senator Blackburn that there is a humanitarian crisis on our southern border. I almost certainly disagree with her as to the causes of that humanitarian crisis. 

If I could, I would ask Senator Blackburn to explain how President Trump’s border wall will help to alleviate the humanitarian crisis on our southern border. 

I agree with Senator Blackburn that there is a humanitarian crisis on our southern border. I almost certainly disagree with her as to the causes of that humanitarian crisis. 

If I could, I would ask Senator Blackburn to explain how President Trump’s border wall will help to alleviate the humanitarian crisis on our southern border. 
It slams the door in their faces. I’ve never heard of a church providing humanitarian aid by building a wall between rich and poor areas. 

The cruelty is the point. 

Under Obama, virtually every Democrat we are dealing with today strongly supported a border wall or fence.  The failed 2013 immigration plan, which garnered Senate Democratic support, would have devoted $46 billion to border security.  Now that Trump wants a fraction of that it is somehow now morally wrong.  
Maybe he just sucks at his job.

And their solution here is to build a wall.....that's gonna take years :lmao:  

I have no idea how she would answer - but I know the basic talking points, which are that a wall would effectively seal the border, and discourage people from even thinking about coming to the border.

(Of course, this Great Wall of America presumably is not stopping people from coming to lawful ports of entry where they apply for asylum...but, logic is not one of their strong suits).

Didn't I hear something somewhere about Mexico paying for the wall?

And how's Hillary's jail time going?

Trump is like the parent who just says stuff to either shut his kids up or gets them to do something.  No real thought or intention of doing it just something to appease the children. 

The GOP controlled the House and Senate for the first two years of his presidency.  Had he vetoed any legislation, it would have been shocking.   

Obama vetoed a total of four pieces of legislation in two terms--the fewest of any President since 1880.   And none while the Democrats held the House and Senate.   The knee jerk "what about Obama" sort of blows up in your face there.

Border security is a key. Not just a wall or fence, the whole package. The $46 billion also is for the whole plan not just a single year’s budget. They also had a plan of how the money would be spent including physical barriers whereas Trump simply demands money for a border wall with no plans. Maybe if they had gone through the normal channels like the Democrats did with the plan you keep bringing up there might have been more bipartisan support. As it is now, he simply wants to build a wall to keep a campaign promise.
@JohnnyU You should probably go through the concussion protocol. 

So your strategy is to completely ignore the myriad of posts that tore your argument apart in the hours before this?  Do you have a point besides trolling?

She’s a disgrace.

Ted Cruz defends his vote: link
If Cruz files a bill to overhaul the emergency powers act then maybe just maybe he’ll have an ounce of integrity on this, but I’d say he won’t and he’s not serious. It makes zero sense to say a law is improper then seek to support its application at the same time. So feckless and pathetic.

>>It is my responsibility to be a steward of the Article I branch, to preserve the separation of powers and to curb the kind of executive overreach that Congress has allowed to fester for the better part of the past century. I stood by that principle during the Obama administration, and I stand by it now.

...There is no intellectual honesty in now turning around and arguing that there’s an imaginary asterisk attached to executive overreach — that it’s acceptable for my party but not thy party.

...As a U.S. senator, I cannot justify providing the executive with more ways to bypass Congress. As a conservative, I cannot endorse a precedent that I know future left-wing presidents will exploit to advance radical policies that will erode economic and individual freedoms.

These are the reasons I would vote in favor of the resolution disapproving of the president’s national-emergency declaration, if and when it comes before the Senate.<<

- Sen. Tillis, who just voted for the national emergency.

gianmarco said:
Like I said earlier, tired of seeing them come out with strong words and then cower when it comes time to vote

At least Alexander decided to have a backbone as he's about to retire. And even he was apparently wavering.
A move otherwise known as “The McCain”

I find it more disturbing that 21% of non-Fox viewers think undocumented immigration is a national emergency. That number should be pretty close to 0.

The brainwashing is strong
It is. For years, my retired mom and dad would ave Fox News blaring through their house from early morning to late at night. We we visited, I would squash that as much as I could by asking it to be turned low, or putting on Nickelodeon or whatever even though our kids didn’t really watch that either. 

After my dad passed over 10 years ago, my mother cut down on it a lot in favor of Hallmark, Matlock and all that. She’s reverted a bit lately however. I know, because in our latest conversation she claimed California is broke paying for free healthcare for “all those illegal immigrants”. I had to correct her that California has a 14bn+ surplus and that Fox News isn’t news and can’t be trusted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note, it says Republican non-Fox viewers.
It says "The rest of America: 21%" I'm not seeing where that's stated as meaning Republicans that don't watch Fox. In the chart in the tweet above that it has:

GOP based on how much they watch (A = Fox Viewer, B = Non-Fox Viewer):

Agree with national emergency:  A (Fox Viewers) 84%, B (Non-Fox Viewers) 50%

So I think the 21% really is all non Fox viewers, not just GOP non Fox viewers. But I'm happy to be convinced otherwise if you have info that would clarify things further.

It says "The rest of America: 21%" I'm not seeing where that's stated as meaning Republicans that don't watch Fox. In the chart in the tweet above that it has:

So I think the 21% really is all non Fox viewers, not just GOP non Fox viewers. But I'm happy to be convinced otherwise if you have info that would clarify things further.
You’re right, I looked again, I read it wrong. Thanks.

The chart says non-Rep non-Fox 7%, Non-Rep Fox viewers 28%, Rep Non-Fox 50%, so all non-fox is a combo of the 7% and 50%, which is probably the 21%

I changed the title to this thread again because it’s all about the same issue. Does Trump really think he’s going to stem migration by cutting off aid to these Latin American countries? That strikes me as having the opposite effect. It’s cruel, short sided, and just plain dumb IMO. Any Trump supporters want to defend this stuff? 

I changed the title to this thread again because it’s all about the same issue. Does Trump really think he’s going to stem migration by cutting off aid to these Latin American countries? That strikes me as having the opposite effect. It’s cruel, short sided, and just plain dumb IMO. Any Trump supporters want to defend this stuff? 
It will have the opposite effect and he knows that.  If there is no emergency at the border he sure as hell can create one.  That is exactly what he is doing.  MAGA

Users who are viewing this thread