What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tre Mason (2 Viewers)

Looks like they still don't trust him fully in passing downs like the last redzone opportunity, but it's clear he's the best running back on the team.
As a dynasty owner I hope to never have to start him this year, but I like what I'm seeing for the near future.

Elite? Not sure.

Elite potential? Yes, absolutely.

I remember having arguments last year about Mason, and how he was apparently a product of Robinson. Well... here we are in the NFL, and who is he behind? Robinson. Oh, and a group of other guys that are monsters.

Zac Stacy did not impress me at all last year. Fantasy wise he was a good grab because of volume numbers. 3.9ypc doesnt get me excited.

Stacy has the chance to improve this season. Of course.... But let's say for arguments sake, that's what he is. a 3.9ypc runner.... Mason starts getting carries w the 1st team and starts popping at a better rate... it continues....

why wouldnt he get the lions share of carries?

Ive seen Stacy in the NFL, be it for only 1 year. Mason hasnt had a single carry yet in a meaningful game. We can only project. But watching Auburn all year long (that's my team), I love his talent, vision, power and ruthless attitude... I think he will be a better pro runner than Stacy.

But only time will tell.

Mason's interview during the game fired me right up: "I gotta eat... I'm a savage" (paraphrased). That's what I wanna hear. If he backs it up, he'll get more and more of that ball
:hifive:

Mason with another nice run down to 3. This is all vs the Seahawks mind you. Awesome game. Much better than I could've hoped for.

He looks absolutely as I envisioned him to be... Was the best RB in the class, and is proving it.

Fisher must be jumping for joy on the inside. What a gem, what a find, what a steal.

Keep it up, kid... Future is bright if you continue running this hard.

Tre got away with one there at the end.

BUt.... Too good. this is his job now, it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
STL is 2-4 because of Mason's performance against the SB champs.

They probably expected to be thrashed today.

He fumbles ONCE and has it recovered by his own team... Yes, at a terrible moment, but this is a team already out of the hunt for the most part, and this kid in his first "full" game, does what he did...

Golden.

omg... I missed the train. Used my final adds on Bolden/Gray instead thinking I could wait on Mason another week with their tough schedule.

Oh dear.

Congrats to all redraft Mason owners.

He fumbles ONCE and has it recovered by his own team... Yes, at a terrible moment, but this is a team already out of the hunt for the most part, and this kid in his first "full" game, does what he did...

Golden.
Granted I don't think it will impact his value and think he's the guy going forward, but that bolded part is an extreme oversimplification of what happened. It was one of the dumbest plays a RB has made, right up there with Marion Barber running out of bounds against the Broncos. The game is won, all he has to do is go down and the game is over. Instead he makes a juke to try and get some extra yards to pad his stats and ends up almost giving up the game in hideous fashion.

Keep in mind this also happened while playing for Jeff Fisher, a coach that has proven throughout his career that he has no problems running with a boring, low YPC running back who's safe, consistent, and doesn't turn the ball over.

Golden.
Granted I don't think it will impact his value and think he's the guy going forward, but that bolded part is an extreme oversimplification of what happened. It was one of the dumbest plays a RB has made, right up there with Marion Barber running out of bounds against the Broncos. The game is won, all he has to do is go down and the game is over. Instead he makes a juke to try and get some extra yards to pad his stats and ends up almost giving up the game in hideous fashion.

Keep in mind this also happened while playing for Jeff Fisher, a coach that has proven throughout his career that he has no problems running with a boring, low YPC running back who's safe, consistent, and doesn't turn the ball over.
Team in contention, and Mason isnt putting in his first real shift... I agree.

But there will be a few growing pains. Im sure he will give Mason a slap upside the head and continue to ride his new choochoo train

Granted I don't think it will impact his value and think he's the guy going forward, but that bolded part is an extreme oversimplification of what happened.
100% truth FreeBaGel.

Im hoping Fisher ignores the fumble, but good luck with that.

I doubt Mason gives us the near non-stop good times that Stacy gave us last year....I sincerely hope Mason does somehow, but in the best game he could possibly have he showed some major flaws. Let's hope he turns it around...

Rookie mistake. I don't think Fisher is dumb enough to bench him for it.
Exactly. Very dumb play but ya know what....he's a rookie that's finally getting his chance, having the game of his life against the champs, and he was probably just excited and trying to do too much. Hopefully he learns from it, realizes he needs to pay more attention to game situation and smartens up.

Granted I don't think it will impact his value and think he's the guy going forward, but that bolded part is an extreme oversimplification of what happened.
100% truth FreeBaGel.

Im hoping Fisher ignores the fumble, but good luck with that.

I doubt Mason gives us the near non-stop good times that Stacy gave us last year....I sincerely hope Mason does somehow, but in the best game he could possibly have he showed some major flaws. Let's hope he turns it around...
:lmao:

Great day sans the fumble late. Considering how brutal the RBs have been this year w/ injuries and under performing, Mason looks like a mid season lotto ticket that is going to pay off. And great that STL was able to pull off the upset for some confidence.

Thanks for the banter in this thread that prompted me to grab him last week. Dumped Storm & CJ Anderson for Mason & Randle waiting for the murray injury.

I don't think he gets benched either, I just think they'll put it in Benny's hands to run out the clock from now on haha.
It's impossible to bench him or make him inactive or anything like that. That ship has sailed as we all know... but that's not the bar, is it?

I guess the bar for many of us for Mason is set at what Stacy did last year. Stacy gave many of us here Top 10 numbers for a long stretch. Can Mason get to 15+ carries consistently or will he fall short due to fumbling, pass catching and pass blocking problems?

He has more burst, but Mason has bigger holes in his game than Stacy did last year and that may hold him back; and they showed up brightly in his first game with 15+ touches.

I'm betting on Mason as much as I possibly can, but there are some major things to sort out here.

I sincerely hope Mason does somehow, but in the best game he could possibly have he showed some major flaws. Let's hope he turns it around...
Go on...
Did you watch the game?
Yes.

Major flaws...? waiting.
Watch it again from start to finish in slow motion or read some posts other than your own.
so you got nothing
dude, look up one post?

Remind me to stop overestimating you.

I don't think he gets benched either, I just think they'll put it in Benny's hands to run out the clock from now on haha.
It's impossible to bench him or make him inactive or anything like that. That ship has sailed as we all know... but that's not the bar, is it?

I guess the bar for many of us for Mason is set at what Stacy did last year. Stacy gave many of us here Top 10 numbers for a long stretch. Can Mason get to 15+ carries consistently or will he fall short due to fumbling, pass catching and pass blocking problems?

He has more burst, but Mason has bigger holes in his game than Stacy did last year and that may hold him back; and they showed up brightly in his first game with 15+ touches.

I'm betting on Mason as much as I possibly can, but there are some major things to sort out here.
Seriously stop posting about these big holes that showed today if you're unable to be specific. Besides the fumble you need to #### or get off the pot guy.

Seriously stop posting about these big holes that showed today if you're unable to be specific. Besides the fumble you need to #### or get off the pot guy.
I dont get it, did you not see the fumble?

Did you not see Benny get 5 catches and Mason none?

Did you not see him pulled in passing downs?

*If* the bar is set at Stacy production in 2013 (and maybe it is not for you; if not...then God bless you...), then those things need to be sorted out. Im very hopeful he can, but if they remain issues he will fall far, far short of the bar that Stacy set for hi,

*If* the bar is set at Stacy production in 2013 (and maybe it is not for you; if not...then God bless you...), then those things need to be sorted out. Im very hopeful he can, but if they remain issues he will fall far, far short of the bar that Stacy set for hi,
He is a rookie that has been active for two games, and his talent has sent Stacy to the bench!!!!

Mason is gonna be a good one!

He still has not started his first game. Nobody was expecting every catch and carry to go to him.

He looked awesome today.

Beat up the SF and SEA defenses, and we got knuckleheads talking about his "major flaws"

rookie in his first two games, slashes SF and SEA.

I mean... come on :jimmyvoice:

He is a rookie that has been active for two games, and his talent has sent Stacy to the bench!!!!

Mason is gonna be a good one!
####. The Brewtown curse is now in full effect.

Users who are viewing this thread