What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Hightower. Playoff savior? (1 Viewer)

#2 Seed played Hightower in the flex and benched Antonio Brown! Almost sure to lose in a matchup of Hightower vs Abdullah tonight.

I'll take going against Beckam and Julio over D. Hopkins and Antonio next week.

:football:

ETA- Still hope....
:bs: GTFO. What #2 seed coach is doing some #### like that?

#2 Seed played Hightower in the flex and benched Antonio Brown! Almost sure to lose in a matchup of Hightower vs Abdullah tonight.

I'll take going against Beckam and Julio over D. Hopkins and Antonio next week.

:football:

ETA- Still hope....
:bs: GTFO. What #2 seed coach is doing some #### like that?
:shrug:

The #2 seed in my 14 teamer who also happens to be Commish and who I've been playing FF with in 2 different leagues for about 15 years. He's a good player and had the top scoring team in total points. Just picked a bad time to make a really stupid decision.

He had Antonio in the lineup all week along with Hopkins at his 2 WR spots and then just before 1pm he put Maclin in at WR and left Hightower at the flex. He's also ridden Denver's D for much of the year so maybe he had an inflated sense of their ability to stop him (though he played CIN over them)... IDK. He was still favored to win going into last night but Abdullah outscored Hightower and he cost himself some :moneybag: :moneybag:

All I know is that as the #1 seed I like the matchup better against the #6 seed who happens to have Eli and Beckam. His team is projected about 30 pts lower than the #2 seed for week 16.

As we all know luck is a huge part of this game, and I'm hoping this horrendous decision plays out in my favor for another CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :brush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilov80s said:
If Brees is out this week, what do we think about Hightower?
I'd say it would definitely hurt him.
How much though?
I think it helps him. Flynn isn't going to be throwing 60 times like Brees does so I'm thinking they give Hightower more carries plus some short dumpoffs too.
How long can their D allow for this game plan?
15 minutes. I got nothing better than Hightower for my RB2 this week, but that defense is awful and really makes it hard to keep running if they're getting further and further behind.

For me it's either Miller or Diggs at flex, Hightower at RB or Miller and Diggs, no Hightower.

Based on sheer volume I have to go with Hightower and hope for a few dump offs and maybe even a td.

Fwiw, watching Flynn with the packers, he doesn't really air it out deep too well. He likes dump offs and short routes

Ilov80s said:
If Brees is out this week, what do we think about Hightower?
I'd say it would definitely hurt him.
How much though?
I think it helps him. Flynn isn't going to be throwing 60 times like Brees does so I'm thinking they give Hightower more carries plus some short dumpoffs too.
How long can their D allow for this game plan?
15 minutes. I got nothing better than Hightower for my RB2 this week, but that defense is awful and really makes it hard to keep running if they're getting further and further behind.
In this crazy year, I have no clue what is better than Hightower. It's nuts.

For me it's either Miller or Diggs at flex, Hightower at RB or Miller and Diggs, no Hightower.

Based on sheer volume I have to go with Hightower and hope for a few dump offs and maybe even a td.

Fwiw, watching Flynn with the packers, he doesn't really air it out deep too well. He likes dump offs and short routes
As a Hightower and Sneed owner, I'm actually hoping Brees sits for this very reason.

I think if Brees sits then Hightower and all Wrs get a downgrade and Ben Watson gets an upgrade. I just think Flynn doesn't have a strong arm and will lean on the sure handed veteran. But the NO offense will be putrid and probably won't score much. Hightower will see stacked lines.

My concern with Flynn wouldn't be that he'll be checking down (good assumption given he's been with the team all of 6 weeks), but who he'll be checking down to (as far as the RBs). Game flow vs. Detroit gave Spiller the most snaps he's seen all year.

Week 15: Hightower (33 snaps), Spiller (26)

My concern with Flynn wouldn't be that he'll be checking down (good assumption given he's been with the team all of 6 weeks), but who he'll be checking down to (as far as the RBs). Game flow vs. Detroit gave Spiller the most snaps he's seen all year.

Week 15: Hightower (33 snaps), Spiller (26)
Yeah, I saw too much Spiller Monday. It didn't impact Hightower too much as he got 16 touches (which in today's NFL is like 25 touches a decade ago). However, if that number dips at all or he doesn't get a RZ look, it's bad news. I'm going to pull my hair out deciding between him and Artist Pain.

PPR:

:thumbup:

This really couldn't have worked out much better (outside of his 1 yard TD overturned by illegal formation last week). He'll wind up as a RB1 for Weeks14-16.

So annoying. Passed over this guy when Ingram went down thinking this turd has been out of football long enough he won't do anything. Turns out someone else grabs him and beats me in the championship because of him.

Somehow he was on my bench for D Robinson since the Saints D was supposed to suck more than the Jags D

Lucky for me in up 60 and he has one to go. If I lose bc hightower was on my bench I will cry. I almost put him in when Spiller scratch email came in

Users who are viewing this thread