What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Stephen Alexander, TE Denver Broncos (1 Viewer)

Isotopes

Footballguy
The Broncos have not been able to work the tight ends into the passing game all year. After deactivating the rookie TE, Stephen Alexander looks to have earned the spot as a starting tight end. Now that the Broncos are making a switch at qb, is there a chance that Alexander will see an increase in targets? I have always felt that rookie qbs look for the tight end to be a security blanket - so I am thinking there may be some potential in Alexander.

However, I don't know much about the guy - does he have potential in this system?

The Broncos have not been able to work the tight ends into the passing game all year. After deactivating the rookie TE, Stephen Alexander looks to have earned the spot as a starting tight end. Now that the Broncos are making a switch at qb, is there a chance that Alexander will see an increase in targets? I have always felt that rookie qbs look for the tight end to be a security blanket - so I am thinking there may be some potential in Alexander. However, I don't know much about the guy - does he have potential in this system?
If memory serves he doesn't have very good hands.

I'd be shocked to not see Scheffler reactivated soon because with Cutler, they're likely going to need Alexander blocking more often. I think Chad Mustard has been the other active TE, and he has only 2 rec so far this year.

If it's true that Scheffler was deactivated for not being in sync with Plummer on routes, it's likely he'll get another shot now with Cutler.

As a Redskins fan, I've been waiting for Alexander to develop into a good fantasy TE since 1998. :wall:

I'm frankly amazed he's still in the league.

Judging by his preseason I expected Scheffler to have a much better season. He and Cutler had some good chemistry together, but Scheffler is going to have to find his way out of Skeletor's doghouse first.

the biggest surprise with Alexander is that he has remained relatively healthy. That guy gets injured a ton.

Foosball God said:
Judging by his preseason I expected Scheffler to have a much better season. He and Cutler had some good chemistry together, but Scheffler is going to have to find his way out of Skeletor's doghouse first.
As a Scheffler dynasty owner, this is encouraging...
(Rotoworld) Broncos TE Tony Scheffler is expected to be active this Sunday night.Impact: Scheffler has been down since Week 9. The Broncos are hoping he can re-emerge with Jay Cutler, his roommate, now under center.

From The Footballguys News Blogger This morning...

December 1, 2006, 07:03

Broncos :: QB, TE

TE Scheffler Hopes To Be Safety Valve

Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News - [Full Article]

The highly touted rookie hasn't played in a while. He could be rusty but is looking forward to a chance to show what he can do. No, not QB Jay Cutler. His buddy, TE Tony Scheffler. The rookie end has been declared inactive for three straight games. But the time apparently has come for Scheffler to return to the field and prove his worth. His re-emergence will coincide with the insertion of his off-season roommate, Cutler, as the team's new starting quarterback. The Broncos are hoping their confidence in each other will carry over, and a strong showing in practices this week might be a good sign. LINK

From The Footballguys News Blogger This morning...

December 1, 2006, 07:03

Broncos :: QB, TE

TE Scheffler Hopes To Be Safety Valve

Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News - [Full Article]

The highly touted rookie hasn't played in a while. He could be rusty but is looking forward to a chance to show what he can do. No, not QB Jay Cutler. His buddy, TE Tony Scheffler. The rookie end has been declared inactive for three straight games. But the time apparently has come for Scheffler to return to the field and prove his worth. His re-emergence will coincide with the insertion of his off-season roommate, Cutler, as the team's new starting quarterback. The Broncos are hoping their confidence in each other will carry over, and a strong showing in practices this week might be a good sign. LINK
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread