What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This is entertaining (1 Viewer)

Sparky Big Time

Footballguy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6u61lhh2As

Watching congressional attempts to impugn the oil companies, of whom I am absolutely NOT a fan...... 

The refusal to accept the responsibility they bear for rising prices is nothing new, or unexpected, nor is the active hatred for success.  That being said I wonder, have they paused for even a moment to consider what low oil prices might do to their apparent desire to get people to move to green sources.  :lol:

Isn't this the beauty of capitalism? If you don't want $4-6 gas, then don't buy it.  If you can do a better job than these oil companies, then start selling gas to consumers for less.  

It seems like the pandemic has offered a lot of industries the opportunity to engage in subtle price fixing.  If people keep buying, the prices can keep going up.

They owe it to their shareholders to not to take extra risks in a high inflation/volatile market.

Not corporation's job to fix politician's mistakes.

This is a prefect example of the Dem agenda going bonkers.

Isn't this the beauty of capitalism? If you don't want $4-6 gas, then don't buy it.  If you can do a better job than these oil companies, then start selling gas to consumers for less.  

It seems like the pandemic has offered a lot of industries the opportunity to engage in subtle price fixing.  If people keep buying, the prices can keep going up.

except almost every person in the USA needs gasoline ... its not something you can just stop buying like butter or bacon or dvd's 

except almost every person in the USA needs gasoline ... its not something you can just stop buying like butter or bacon or dvd's 
I walk. I got 99 problems but a car ain't 1.

I realize that's not realistic for everyone.  Maybe it would be better if the government controlled our oil industry. 

They owe it to their shareholders to not to take extra risks in a high inflation/volatile market.

Not corporation's job to fix politician's mistakes.

This is a prefect example of the Dem agenda going bonkers.
Actually what this is is a perfect example of our hyper partisan environment.   Blame the other party for companies lining their pockets regardless of the barrel price.  Kudos to you, let’s never miss an opportunity to blame the other side.  Hell it’s worked so well so far, we’ve gotten Trump and Biden out of it.  

The Dems are obviously looking for a scapegoat and are trying to paint the oil companies as evil.   It is a load of BS and I don't think anyone is buying it.   

That said I also don't buy that this is all Biden's fault.   Supply is down globally but that isn't the whole story as price of oil is also affected by futures and the market sentiment.  Also let's remember that it is our friends of the OPEC nations that sets the price of oil.

I for one think Biden deserves nothing but scorn for his stubborn refusal to push the "make gas prices go down" button sitting on his desk.  Why won't he push that button?

I for one think Biden deserves nothing but scorn for his stubborn refusal to push the "make gas prices go down" button sitting on his desk.  Why won't he push that button?
He's easily confused by all the other buttons like inflation and crime and foreign policy.  They really aren't labeled well.

He's easily confused by all the other buttons like inflation and crime and foreign policy.  They really aren't labeled well.
My god, lets hope all buttons have been removed from Biden.   I don’t think he knows where is much of the time.  Getting old sucks. 

Actually what this is is a perfect example of our hyper partisan environment.   Blame the other party for companies lining their pockets regardless of the barrel price.  Kudos to you, let’s never miss an opportunity to blame the other side.  Hell it’s worked so well so far, we’ve gotten Trump and Biden out of it.  
What I posted is my take from what I heard during the shareholder meetings. Take it or leave it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time he pushes one...someone comes in and brings him a diet coke.  Got to get that thing fixed.

No...Im not "blaming" the last guy...just a bit of humor about an old rumor of the diet coke button.

Caveman33 said:
I walk. I got 99 problems but a car ain't 1.

I realize that's not realistic for everyone.  Maybe it would be better if the government controlled our oil industry. 

I think something can be done - because without gasoline, this nation grinds to a halt fast and with high gasoline prices, the impacts are on everyone

Does anyone here grocery shop? If you do - you've noticed a massive spike in grocery prices and part of that, is gasoline/shipping costs

What can the GOVT do? Well, stopping pipelines, being an enemy to oil production, stopping drilling/new leases, adding restrictions etc and stopping subsidies etc definitely isn't going to help is it ? 

IvanKaramazov said:
A lot of people believe that Biden personally set the world price of fossil fuels unreasonably high, but I actually support his choice on this. People should walk or bike more, drive less. I appreciate Biden's nudge along that margin.

A lot of people believe that Biden personally set the world price of fossil fuels unreasonably high, but I actually support his choice on this. People should walk or bike more, drive less. I appreciate Biden's nudge along that margin.

so all the low income people, people on disability, retired people who live on social security .... all the millions who are suffering the $3.50-4.00 gas and all the snowballing too (increase prices on goods/service) ..... just suck it up and ride a bike, walk etc ?

wow ....

Stealthycat said:
so all the low income people, people on disability, retired people who live on social security .... all the millions who are suffering the $3.50-4.00 gas and all the snowballing too (increase prices on goods/service) ..... just suck it up and ride a bike, walk etc ?

wow ....
The guy likes a nudge.    But i do agree MT needs to walk and bike more. 

Godsbrother said:
The Dems are obviously looking for a scapegoat and are trying to paint the oil companies as evil.   It is a load of BS and I don't think anyone is buying it.   

That said I also don't buy that this is all Biden's fault.   Supply is down globally but that isn't the whole story as price of oil is also affected by futures and the market sentiment.  Also let's remember that it is our friends of the OPEC nations that sets the price of oil.
Perfectly stated.  In other words, it's complicated.  Part of the problem with this hyper partisanship we have right now is people are providing answers in 120 characters or less to extremely complicated things and act like they don't know that it's extremely complicated....

Perfectly stated.  In other words, it's complicated.  Part of the problem with this hyper partisanship we have right now is people are providing answers in 120 characters or less to extremely complicated things and act like they don't know that it's extremely complicated....
https://www.marketplace.org/2022/03/18/why-arent-gas-prices-dropping-if-oil-is-getting-cheaper/

Haresh Gurnani, a professor of operations and supply chain management at Wake Forest University, said the ability for gas stations to do this comes down to the classic answer of: “Because they can.” 

Gurnani explained that gas stations are not willing to lower prices just because crude oil is cheaper because they can’t anticipate what oil prices will look like in the next few days or weeks. 

“They would rather take advantage of the consumer getting used to those elevated prices,” Gurnani said. “Now, if there is some predictable reduction in prices, then they can afford to pass on some of their savings to the consumers.” 

Users who are viewing this thread