What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Foles Era Has Begun (1 Viewer)

Nice pick-6 Foles. Way to make me look like a dummy after I just gave you the job. :mellow:
I'd put that on Jackson...if Foles leads him Jackson either gets lit up by the safety or it gets picked off anyway. You expect a star WR (10 yards downfield) to catch a ball on his back hip...not pop it up for the DB to pick it off.

Can't possibly tell me that this guy is better than Michael Vick. Oh but he had a great pre-season. Yeah Colt Brennan says :bye: to that

Can't possibly tell me that this guy is better than Michael Vick. Oh but he had a great pre-season. Yeah Colt Brennan says :bye: to that
You obviously haven't seen much of Vick this year. Watching Foles actually call an audible and adjust his own protection gives hope.

Depends. If Gailey stays in Buffalo, I could see Vick there.
Nah. The GM there (Nix) already said they'll be drafting their QBOTF, and Fitz just signed a fat contract so he'll be there until the kid is ready and then be his backup.
Ah, didn't hear that. Are they really going to pay Fitz that much to be a backup?
I'm not sure about the cap hit and bonus etc with Fitz... usually it's not worth it to cut an expensive QB signing in the early part of a contract. Better to use him than dump him and find someone else. He's basically backup material anyway and everyone knew it but the Bills.

Why would the Jets want Vick? Honestly, why would any team want to spend big money to bring Vick in as the starter. He doesn't have many quality wins in his career, he still has issues making correct reads, and he's getting older. I'd rather roll the dice on a young guy in the draft who may take me to the Superbowl down the line instead of Vick who I feel confident won't take a team to a Superbowl.

Oof. Nice finish, Foles fumble and another defensive TD. Oh well.

I think the point remains, at 3-6 this team isn't making the playoffs and there will be a housecleaning. Vick and Andy Reid are done. Foles I believe will start for them going forward to see if he s/b da man next year.

I don't know if you can call 38 minutes of ineptitude an "era". Start shoveling the dirt on this guy, he was DOA.

His era might only last 8 weeks, but was he ever really supposed to be an NFL starter? He's just the next option this year.

His era might only last 8 weeks, but was he ever really supposed to be an NFL starter? He's just the next option this year.
Well he was a 3rd round pick. They're usually expected to be starters at some point. Of course it could just be another indictment of Reid's drafting futility that has depleted this team's talent level.

Well he was a 3rd round pick. They're usually expected to be starters at some point. Of course it could just be another indictment of Reid's drafting futility that has depleted this team's talent level.
I was hoping Russell Wilson was going to fall to us at that pick and remember Foles was the last of that tier but dont know much about him.

True...they still have young talent at the skill positions so draft picks will help. Obviously need to shore up the OL. And I have I idea what they are doing on D at this point...

Anyone wanna take a guess as to what percentage of the reps Foles has gotten in practice since he was drafted? 10%? Less?

If he indeed is going to be the guy, I'll give him more than a 20 passes before I form an opinion.

Why would the Jets want Vick? Honestly, why would any team want to spend big money to bring Vick in as the starter. He doesn't have many quality wins in his career, he still has issues making correct reads, and he's getting older. I'd rather roll the dice on a young guy in the draft who may take me to the Superbowl down the line instead of Vick who I feel confident won't take a team to a Superbowl.
Not necessarily arguing, but this gives me a chance to dust off a fun little tidbit: Michael Vick was the first non-Packers QB to ever win a playoff game in Lambeau.

reid stated that vick will start next week if he passes all of the tests. not that anyone should start either of these bums..

Are people really judging Foles so harshly after coming in cold and playing in his first NFL game?? This is hilarious lol
lots of people like to think they're right and voice their opinions as strongly as possible - even when they have very little idea what they're talking about.

Are people really judging Foles so harshly after coming in cold and playing in his first NFL game?? This is hilarious lol
No, my judgment was made a while ago about him. He was a decent college QB who showed no reason he would be successful in the NFL. If Philly believes in him long term then more people will be fired than just Andy Reid.

Users who are viewing this thread