What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Testosterone treatments - educate me. (1 Viewer)

:lmao:

That’s good stuff, hope all is well buddy. The extra boost of energy is something I could use but injections sound a little scary. 

It's not. You're not looking for a vein or anything, quite the opposite. You're jabbing your butt cheek. You can use ice prior but its really not a big deal at all.

FWIW - my general Dr instructed me to rub the androgel to by shoulders/upper arms. Several years ago, my Urologist pretty adamant to apply to "non-hairy" areas, so switched to applying to my sides, above belt level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been on about 12 weeks or so now and haven't felt this good in 20 years. I feel fantastic. Sleep well. Always full of energy.  Think much more clearly. 
For you Jab or gel?  How often?

I just started 4 weeks ago because T levels were really low.  Dr. put me on Test Cyp 200mg 1ml every 2 weeks.  Hoping to feel a difference for energy level and weight reduction.  Also wondering if gel is any better then the jab?  Also seen other post where some are taking jab 2x a weeks @ 100mg.  Curious if my regiment if off.

Been on about 12 weeks or so now and haven't felt this good in 20 years. I feel fantastic. Sleep well. Always full of energy.  Think much more clearly. 
Once your on test your on it for life correct?  Like your body will stop producing natural T?

And is it the same with HGH?  

For you Jab or gel?  How often?

I just started 4 weeks ago because T levels were really low.  Dr. put me on Test Cyp 200mg 1ml every 2 weeks.  Hoping to feel a difference for energy level and weight reduction.  Also wondering if gel is any better then the jab?  Also seen other post where some are taking jab 2x a weeks @ 100mg.  Curious if my regiment if off.
It's all dependent on the individual. You will get dialed in on what works best for you with each additional lab. They said I could start on 160 or 200mg a week and split it into two shots. I chose to stick with the smaller dose at take 160 a week and split it into 2 doses. I take the shots. My total testosterone went from 90 to 1100 in the first 8 weeks. Sticking with the 160 a week for now to see where my numbers fall at the next lab draw, but I'm more focused on how I feel than the numbers. 

Once your on test your on it for life correct?  Like your body will stop producing natural T?

And is it the same with HGH?  
Yes, I'm mid 40s and made the commitment to stay on it for life, if it worked for me. Body's natural production shuts down.  I don't know about HGH. 

It's all dependent on the individual. You will get dialed in on what works best for you with each additional lab. They said I could start on 160 or 200mg a week and split it into two shots. I chose to stick with the smaller dose at take 160 a week and split it into 2 doses. I take the shots. My total testosterone went from 90 to 1100 in the first 8 weeks. Sticking with the 160 a week for now to see where my numbers fall at the next lab draw, but I'm more focused on how I feel than the numbers. 
90?!?!   Don’t women even have more testosterone than that? 

flapgreen said:
Wondering if I should discuss with Doc on increasing frequency since it seems 200mg once every 2 weeks.  My total T was 98 and free 12 in Oct

Wondering if I should discuss with Doc on increasing frequency since it seems 200mg once every 2 weeks.  My total T was 98 and free 12 in Oct
I see no reason why you couldn't at least split it into two shots a week, so you're not dragging by day 7 or so. As far as dosage, it's really dependent on the person.  100 a week may be plenty for you. You can always go up later if it's not where you want it after your first couple of labs. 

I see no reason why you couldn't at least split it into two shots a week, so you're not dragging by day 7 or so. As far as dosage, it's really dependent on the person.  100 a week may be plenty for you. You can always go up later if it's not where you want it after your first couple of labs. 
But I'm now doing one shot 200mg vial every 14 days. So your suggestion is (1) 1/2 vial once a week? 

But I'm now doing one shot 200mg vial every 14 days. So your suggestion is (1) 1/2 vial once a week? 
50mg twice a week. 100mg a week is still a very low dose, even for TRT, but I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending a different dosage than you were prescribed, but 1 shot ever 14 days is just a ridiculous recommendation from the doc, if it's cypionate. It doesn't stay in your system for 14 days and it would also cause a huge spike right after the shot and then a big drop off leading up to the next shot. Most prescriptions are written for twice a week for a reason. 

50mg twice a week. 100mg a week is still a very low dose, even for TRT, but I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending a different dosage than you were prescribed, but 1 shot ever 14 days is just a ridiculous recommendation from the doc, if it's cypionate. It doesn't stay in your system for 14 days and it would also cause a huge spike right after the shot and then a big drop off leading up to the next shot. Most prescriptions are written for twice a week for a reason. 
Thanks.  I was wondering if only 200ml everything 2 weeks was the right way.  If I up to 100mg once a week did I just cut the amount to .5 ml instead of the 1ml every 2 weeks.  I do notice a spike right after shot and a drop off later.   So I can discuss with doctor next week what would be the recommendation on frenquency and ml?  Thanks, great info here.

For those on T, is it some "magic" shot for building muscle and staying lean?

Like do you notice either being demonstrably easier than before you started to use T?

Thanks.  I was wondering if only 200ml everything 2 weeks was the right way.  If I up to 100mg once a week did I just cut the amount to .5 ml instead of the 1ml every 2 weeks.  I do notice a spike right after shot and a drop off later.   So I can discuss with doctor next week what would be the recommendation on frenquency and ml?  Thanks, great info here.
Yeah. If you kept same dosage, it would just be 0.5 a week. 

Like do you notice either being demonstrably easier than before you started to use T?
For me, I did it more for the energy component and just overall wellbeing from it.  I'm past the point of making that type of commitment just to look good.  I've always worked out and stayed fit anyway. But you can't definitely tell a difference in the gym and your physique after you start the T, even on a low dose. I wouldn't say it gets you lean by any stretch, except indirectly through allowing you to build muscle. 

For me, I did it more for the energy component and just overall wellbeing from it.  I'm past the point of making that type of commitment just to look good.  I've always worked out and stayed fit anyway. But you can't definitely tell a difference in the gym and your physique after you start the T, even on a low dose. I wouldn't say it gets you lean by any stretch, except indirectly through allowing you to build muscle. 
Very interesting and helpful.  Thanks

You feel great. Best way to describe it is let’s say you can normally do 25 push-ups. By the 20th push-up you can feel it and it’s a mental exercise to push yourself to get to 25.

On T you not only don’t hit that mental and physical fatigue at 20, you blow right past it. Physically you got a point where you’re like OK, I should stop now, I might be able to bang one more out but let’s not push it. Mentally you’re still good.

Basiclly you’re a Stallion. 

Most doctors don’t know wtf they’re doing with this stuff. Two weeks between shots is way too long. The half life of most of this stuff is either 3-4 days or about a week. A shot every two weeks and your hormones are likely to go bonkers. 

Most doctors don’t know wtf they’re doing with this stuff. Two weeks between shots is way too long. The half life of most of this stuff is either 3-4 days or about a week. A shot every two weeks and your hormones are likely to go bonkers. 
So what would be the right regiment and dosage?  50-100mg 1 ml once a week?  Is there a pause in T treatment or on going?  Trying to get enough info to discuss with doc next week.  Been on this regiment for a few months and quite honestly don't feel a great impact beside the initial boost after shot.

So what would be the right regiment and dosage?  50-100mg 1 ml once a week?  Is there a pause in T treatment or on going?  Trying to get enough info to discuss with doc next week.  Been on this regiment for a few months and quite honestly don't feel a great impact beside the initial boost after shot.
If you've been on it for a few months and feel very little change, then it's obvious you're not on the right regimen. I'm on 80mg 2x/wk and that's on the lower end of what I've seen prescribed for most. I'd definitely push for that. As long as your labs are in a healthy range, the dosage should be dependent on how you are responding to it.  I assume it's through a urologist?  In my experience, they either won't prescribe it or it will be some useless regimen when they do prescribe it. 

If you've been on it for a few months and feel very little change, then it's obvious you're not on the right regimen. I'm on 80mg 2x/wk and that's on the lower end of what I've seen prescribed for most. I'd definitely push for that. As long as your labs are in a healthy range, the dosage should be dependent on how you are responding to it.  I assume it's through a urologist?  In my experience, they either won't prescribe it or it will be some useless regimen when they do prescribe it. 
Yep, regular doctors think getting you to 300 is the goal. When in actuality men feel their best at 800+.   I go to a specialty clinic that specializes in it. 

Primary doc.  Why might I ask 2x a week vs 160mg every week?  Did u take a break or is this continuously?  Consensus here seem my every 2 weeks is the incorrect course to take and should be once a week.

towney said:
Primary doc.  Why might I ask 2x a week vs 160mg every week?  Did u take a break or is this continuously?  Consensus here seem my every 2 weeks is the incorrect course to take and should be once a week.
Gotta take continuously and basically forever or will just go back to what it was. Twice per week…80mg - 100mg each time. 

towney said:
Keeps the levels more even with a smaller spike and less drop off before the next shot. The test is out of your system after a week, so the whole second week before the next shot is just your system bottoming out.  Not good. 

Interesting that a pcp would prescribe that. Haven't seen that outside of the military. 

Keeps the levels more even with a smaller spike and less drop off before the next shot. The test is out of your system after a week, so the whole second week before the next shot is just your system bottoming out.  Not good. 

Interesting that a pcp would prescribe that. Haven't seen that outside of the military. 
Saw primary the other day and after going over levels he changed me to 100ml twice a week shots.  Also prescribed me Anastrozole 1mg once every 3 days, as I understand this is to keep the test from converting to estrogen.  We also discussed a change from shots to pill form Jatenzo. Last test levels in Feb. were Total 210 and Free  30.5

Saw primary the other day and after going over levels he changed me to 100ml twice a week shots.  Also prescribed me Anastrozole 1mg once every 3 days, as I understand this is to keep the test from converting to estrogen.  We also discussed a change from shots to pill form Jatenzo. Last test levels in Feb. were Total 210 and Free  30.5
I'm not really a fan of an AI. Always feel like the less you have to put in your body the better. As long as you're not having any side effects and your labs are good, there's just no reason to take it.  

The Anastrazole seems high.  I take 1/2 a pill twice per week  (1/2 pill Monday and 1/2 pill Thursday)...so essentially only one pill per week.

Curious why would switch from shots to pills?   Shots are no big deal and I'd think they'd work better.

Just suggestion from Doc.  I guess the pill form has less side effects and no hassle with shots.  Myself I'm OK with shots.  What is the true reason for taking Anastrazole?  I'm glad Doc switched to twice a week shots.  The once every 2 weeks wasn't doing anything.  Hoping for increased energy, well being and fat weight loss. 

Just suggestion from Doc.  I guess the pill form has less side effects and no hassle with shots.  Myself I'm OK with shots.  What is the true reason for taking Anastrazole?  I'm glad Doc switched to twice a week shots.  The once every 2 weeks wasn't doing anything.  Hoping for increased energy, well being and fat weight loss. 
I believe the Anastrazole keeps your Estrogen levels where they should be. I think when your body produces more testosterone it naturally wants to produce more estrogen too 

i also take HCG shots on Saturday and Sunday…Those are to help your body continue producing your natural testosterone. When your body takes in synthetic testosterone it naturally wants to stop producing what little natural you already have. The HCG allows body to continue natural testosterone and also allow the synthetic to compound on it  

My weekly schedule

- Sat: HCG shot

- Sun: HCG shot

- Mon: 100ml of Cyp Testosterone + 1/2 Anastrozole pill

- Thurs: 100ml of Cyp Testosterone + 1/2 Anastrozole pill

Also my blood tests showed I was low in Vitamin D and B12…so on Mondays take shots of those as well.

I believe the Anastrazole keeps your Estrogen levels where they should be. I think when your body produces more testosterone it naturally wants to produce more estrogen too 

i also take HCG shots on Saturday and Sunday…Those are to help your body continue producing your natural testosterone. When your body takes in synthetic testosterone it naturally wants to stop producing what little natural you already have. The HCG allows body to continue natural testosterone and also allow the synthetic to compound on it  

My weekly schedule

- Sat: HCG shot

- Sun: HCG shot

- Mon: 100ml of Cyp Testosterone + 1/2 Anastrozole pill

- Thurs: 100ml of Cyp Testosterone + 1/2 Anastrozole pill

Also my blood tests showed I was low in Vitamin D and B12…so on Mondays take shots of those as well.
Apologies if you've already told this, but what made you seek out testosterone treatments in the first place?

Apologies if you've already told this, but what made you seek out testosterone treatments in the first place?
Nope, haven't explained before.  I went through a breakup after a 7 yr relationship about a year ago, and one of the things I set out to do during the past year was just to explore all kinds of different avenues to just getting myself and my body feeling and looking the best that I possibly could (I'm 45 yrs old and enjoy dating 25-35 yr olds, if you get my drift)

I was referred to a clinic called Forward Healthy Lifestyle which does all kinds of different treatments (stem cells, IV vitamins, botox, etc, etc).   I went there to inquire and they did a blood test and body scan on me to see where everything was at in my body and see what could be improved.   One of the areas that came back low was Testosterone.

They told me that normal doctors think anything above 300 is "good/normal", but to feel your best guys want to be at 800.    In that bloodwork also showed I was low in B12 and Vitamin D.   Vitamin D got a lot of pub over the past couple of years as a positive against Covid.    So, long story short I signed up with them for a membership (not cheap, but worth it...$255 per month) where they basically continually check my levels with blood tests and syringe me up every month with whatever I'm lacking.

I started in April 2021 (so approximately 1 yr ago), and below are my starting numbers compared to what they are now.  Keep in mind I also workout 4-5 times a week (cardio and minor weights) but don't limit myself much diet wise (enjoy sweets & alcohol still).   And I was already fairly in shape and healthy before starting.

- Testosterone: 371 ----> 775  (up 404)

- Weight: 209 lbs ----> 209.4 lbs  (up 0.4 lbs, I'm 6'2" Athletic build)

- Lean Body mass: 164.5 lbs -----> 169.3 lbs (up 4.8 lbs)

- Body Fat mass: 44.5 lbs ------> 40.1 lbs ( down 4.4 lbs)

- Body Fat %: 21.3 % -----> 19.2 % (down 2.1%)

- Metabolism Rate (the # of calories body burns at rest every 24 hrs):  1,982 cal -----> 2,028 cal (up 46 cal)

Hey, regarding the pill form...I have no knowledge whatsoever, but Steadymobbin posted this comment above when someone asked about the pill form.  Just want you to be aware and maybe look into it...

There are pills but they're toxic to your liver and are known to cause tumors. Not worth it. 

I also take HCG shots (20 units each) on Saturday and Sunday each week…Those are to help your body continue producing your natural testosterone. When your body takes in synthetic testosterone it naturally wants to stop producing what little natural you already have. The HCG allows body to continue natural testosterone and also allow the synthetic to compound on it  

So, ultimately if you stop synthetic Testosterone, taking the HCG will still allow you to go back to what your normal body produces.  Without the HCG, your body likely will be trained to stop producing any natural testosterone.

Problem is primary Doc can not prescribe HCG.  Now concerned that being on test therapy I will have to be on it going forward and even if I stop my body will not produce again, am I correct.

Problem is primary Doc can not prescribe HCG.  Now concerned that being on test therapy I will have to be on it going forward and even if I stop my body will not produce again, am I correct.
Probably depends on how long you’ve been on it so far. If relatively new I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Also take a couple hcg shots a week, alone with the trt and b12 shots. I feel like a million bucks. Mid 40s as well. I'm much more of a lifelong weightlifter with cardio mixed in for health. 

offdee said:
I also take HCG shots (20 units each) on Saturday and Sunday each week…Those are to help your body continue producing your natural testosterone. When your body takes in synthetic testosterone it naturally wants to stop producing what little natural you already have. The HCG allows body to continue natural testosterone and also allow the synthetic to compound on it  

So, ultimately if you stop synthetic Testosterone, taking the HCG will still allow you to go back to what your normal body produces.  Without the HCG, your body likely will be trained to stop producing any natural testosterone.
Why the hcg on back to back days? Haven't seen much on how to dose it 

offdee said:
Nope, haven't explained before.  I went through a breakup after a 7 yr relationship about a year ago, and one of the things I set out to do during the past year was just to explore all kinds of different avenues to just getting myself and my body feeling and looking the best that I possibly could (I'm 45 yrs old and enjoy dating 25-35 yr olds, if you get my drift)

I was referred to a clinic called Forward Healthy Lifestyle which does all kinds of different treatments (stem cells, IV vitamins, botox, etc, etc).   I went there to inquire and they did a blood test and body scan on me to see where everything was at in my body and see what could be improved.   One of the areas that came back low was Testosterone.

They told me that normal doctors think anything above 300 is "good/normal", but to feel your best guys want to be at 800.    In that bloodwork also showed I was low in B12 and Vitamin D.   Vitamin D got a lot of pub over the past couple of years as a positive against Covid.    So, long story short I signed up with them for a membership (not cheap, but worth it...$255 per month) where they basically continually check my levels with blood tests and syringe me up every month with whatever I'm lacking.

I started in April 2021 (so approximately 1 yr ago), and below are my starting numbers compared to what they are now.  Keep in mind I also workout 4-5 times a week (cardio and minor weights) but don't limit myself much diet wise (enjoy sweets & alcohol still).   And I was already fairly in shape and healthy before starting.

- Testosterone: 371 ----> 775  (up 404)

- Weight: 209 lbs ----> 209.4 lbs  (up 0.4 lbs, I'm 6'2" Athletic build)

- Lean Body mass: 164.5 lbs -----> 169.3 lbs (up 4.8 lbs)

- Body Fat mass: 44.5 lbs ------> 40.1 lbs ( down 4.4 lbs)

- Body Fat %: 21.3 % -----> 19.2 % (down 2.1%)

- Metabolism Rate (the # of calories body burns at rest every 24 hrs):  1,982 cal -----> 2,028 cal (up 46 cal)
That's really interesting, thanks for taking the time to post it. 

Users who are viewing this thread