What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Testosterone treatments - educate me. (1 Viewer)

Well, I’m glad to hear you are feeling better and getting a chance to see the doc you wanted to.

my guy implied that clomid and all the like were bad drugs responsible for testicular cancer and he’s totally against them.

I did tell him about my primary care doc telling me right off the bat to start with an injection every other week and he said right off that that would not be good as you need an more steady dose to not create these spikes. I think he’s going to recommend androgel but if I do this I’d think I’d much prefer a weekly injection I can do myself.

im kind of torn as he understands the biweekly dosage is not a good idea, but he’s totally against clomid which again is from me researching online is supposed to be a relatively safe drug.
I saw the other Endocrinologist yesterday. I like her much better. She was much more 'complete' in everything. So, I will be switching to her. She ordering some other blood work tests on blood I just took to rule out various other causes of the Low T such as something to do with iron, something to do with some gland, and a particular kind of cancer. All that came back normal. Still waiting on the T results though.

I told her that other Endo has me on clomid but then the prescription ended and they didn't respond to the pharmacy to renew. She said she doesn't prescribe it much in her practice but said there was no real specific reason why she doesn't but that it is a good option if I didn't have side effects when using it before. She wanted to wait until the other test results came back for her to prescribe it again.

Ruling the other things out as causes, my weight is the culprit. So, she is putting my back on Ozempic to help with that since I had no side effects on that as well.

Her take on the TRT was that the treatments in relatively short periods won't shut down the production for long terms so she is open to that I guess and the other treatment being HGTV or whatever it is but we didn't get into that. Since I was feeling like the clomid was helping, didn't have side effects and rules out other potential causes for the low T she felt like it was the best route to keep going with it.

Thanks for the update chad! Sounds like clomid is the way to go for you.

I had a test level of 432 for the 2nd blood test so i was told there’s nothing he can do for me. When I asked so I just keep feeling like this and having tons of symptoms I’m pretty much out of luck, he directed me back to my PC doc.

have felt like crap for 8 months and I’m getting frustrated to be honest.

I had a test level of 432 for the 2nd blood test so i was told there’s nothing he can do for me. When I asked so I just keep feeling like this and having tons of symptoms I’m pretty much out of luck, he directed me back to my PC doc.

Seek another Endo out.

Doctors are people too and a lot of people suck. Some Doctors think they are gods and suck even more for it.

I have talked to two Endocrinologist and another DR who was giving me TRT shots before during a weight loss program and I have got way different information, perspective, etc.

This last one is by far the best. I mean, if you talk to more Doctors and they tell you the same thing... ok, well, if one person calls you an donkey ignore them but then if two call you a donkey, buy a saddle, right?

Seek another Endo out.

Doctors are people too and a lot of people suck. Some Doctors think they are gods and suck even more for it.

I have talked to two Endocrinologist and another DR who was giving me TRT shots before during a weight loss program and I have got way different information, perspective, etc.

This last one is by far the best. I mean, if you talk to more Doctors and they tell you the same thing... ok, well, if one person calls you an donkey ignore them but then if two call you a donkey, buy a saddle, right?
good advice. I’ll probably do just that. Just want to feel normal again. Thanks.

been on testosterone for about 5 years. when I started my t levels were under 100. I was getting horrid bacterial infections because of the low t.
I'm around low 200s now. but if I increase more than this my liver levels start getting ****ed up and that can lead to blood clots. not looking for a hemorrhage. I get semi annual tests to watch secondary effects.

been on testosterone for about 5 years. when I started my t levels were under 100. I was getting horrid bacterial infections because of the low t.
I'm around low 200s now. but if I increase more than this my liver levels start getting ****ed up and that can lead to blood clots. not looking for a hemorrhage. I get semi annual tests to watch secondary effects.
dang... how old are you if you don't mind me asking.

I got the test back at 248 which is higher than the 235 from before and that is also a little over a month of not being on clomid.

Wow, that’s low. Surprised to see your liver starts getting weird in the 200s. Just shows everyone’s body is different.

I got the test back at 248 which is higher than the 235 from before and that is also a little over a month of not being on clomid.
Will be interesting to see once you’re back on it. Friend of mine I was talking to about this said when he got stuck by a tainted syringe he was put on some strong anti disease meds and it took his level into the 100s but after approx 4 weeks of clomid it was in the 600 range. Seems to definitely work.

Will be interesting to see once you’re back on it. Friend of mine I was talking to about this said when he got stuck by a tainted syringe he was put on some strong anti disease meds and it took his level into the 100s but after approx 4 weeks of clomid it was in the 600 range. Seems to definitely work.
Yea, I am really curious as to what it was when they other endo took the test while I was still on it. I was on for more than 4 weeks but have been off. I would LOVE to be in the 600 range.

Yea, I am really curious as to what it was when they other endo took the test while I was still on it. I was on for more than 4 weeks but have been off. I would LOVE to be in the 600 range.
You and me both

Seek another Endo out.

Obesity is the most important modifiable risk factor for hypogonadism. Fat tissue is metabolically active, producing estrogen, which suppresses testosterone levels. Additionally, fat promotes inflammation, which can cause many of the symptoms misattributed to “low T”.

Weight loss is not easy, nor a quick fix. But achieving a healthy weight should be prioritized for anyone with low/marginal testosterone levels,

Seek another Endo out.

Obesity is the most important modifiable risk factor for hypogonadism. Fat tissue is metabolically active, producing estrogen, which suppresses testosterone levels. Additionally, fat promotes inflammation, which can cause many of the symptoms misattributed to “low T”.

Weight loss is not easy, nor a quick fix. But achieving a healthy weight should be prioritized for anyone with low/marginal testosterone levels,
I don’t think obesity is my specific problem. I’m not shredded by any means but far from obese. I workout 4 days a week, have a good diet and only have a glass of wine on a weekend night. Not sure if you were specifically speaking to me, but wanted to respond if so.

Seek another Endo out.

I don’t think obesity is my specific problem. I’m not shredded by any means but far from obese. I workout 4 days a week, have a good diet and only have a glass of wine on a weekend night. Not sure if you were specifically speaking to me, but wanted to respond if so.
I am fat and working on it.

Seek another Endo out.

I wasn’t speaking to anyone specifically. Just trying to reinforce something I mentioned previously, that sometimes gets lost in people wanting a panacea via testosterone supplementation.

For some people, it’s absolutely necessary. And hypogonadism is fairly common as we age. I‘m just not a fan of self-diagnoses, using arbitrary cut-offs for deficiency, or utilizing predatory, quasi-medical clinics to diagnose and treat “low T”.

57 but I've been dealing with it for about 10 years. even did the deep muscle self injections with a 2 inch needle into the thigh.

57 but I've been dealing with it for about 10 years. even did the deep muscle self injections with a 2 inch needle into the thigh.
geez bud. Do they have any ideas on the whys behind all that?

geez bud. Do they have any ideas on the whys behind all that?
none I'm just lucky.

I got my T rest results back the other day.

Up to 530 from the previous 248. So, the clomid appears to be working and the nice thing about it to me is that my body is producing the T. Now will that stop if I stop taking clomid? I dunno. I have a follow up with my Dr in Jan so I believe I will be taking them until then at least.

Users who are viewing this thread