What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevie Johnson pulls hammy - Vine inside (1 Viewer)

Hate this time of year...in the middle of a draft now and chose D-Jax over him about 10 hours ago...feel like I am walking in a mine field when I am drafting.

Wonder what's causing all these high profile injuries. Is it the shortened practice time? Coaches pushing their guys too hard? Some guys just starting to get back into football shape in the dog days of summeR?

How does this effect Woods' potential playing time. I'm a big fan, but don't know much about his grasp of the offense as a rookie and other guys on the roster.

I'm uninformed. He's a better dynasty pick than Woods? I'm trying to find a thread that talks about his potential.

Even if it isn't too serious and he misses only the preseason, looks like building up the "chemistry" with a new QB and getting those reps in the slot aint gonna happen now.

Gonna be a slow start even for a healthy Stevie I guess.

Stevie does this every year. He chills in camp comes back late, plays through pain all year.

Bills fans freak on Mario for missing time like Bruce Smith used to but if you mention Stevie the same his fan base will freak out

Wonder what's causing all these high profile injuries. Is it the shortened practice time? Coaches pushing their guys too hard? Some guys just starting to get back into football shape in the dog days of summeR?
I think the same thing happens each year, and people ask the same question each year.

Stevie does this every year. He chills in camp comes back late, plays through pain all year.

Bills fans freak on Mario for missing time like Bruce Smith used to but if you mention Stevie the same his fan base will freak out
Yea, this news doesn't worry me at all. Stevie is one tough dude. You guys remember what he did to "Revis Island" on a bum hammy? Non issue

Having some buyers remorse with this guy. Was going cheap so I figured what the hell...but now I'm wondering if he's even going to be startable this year. I've been asking around to see if anyone considers him an upgrade I would do a swap. I got nos on Boldin, V Brown, M Williams, K Britt, and G Tate.

Having some buyers remorse with this guy. Was going cheap so I figured what the hell...but now I'm wondering if he's even going to be startable this year. I've been asking around to see if anyone considers him an upgrade I would do a swap. I got nos on Boldin, V Brown, M Williams, K Britt, and G Tate.
Just sit tight with him and relax him playin in the slot on a fast break team with rookie Qb. Equals ppr factor!! They don't have a real Te he might not get 1300 yds or double digit scores but he will be the safety net on offense he could Finnish with something like 90 rec 1100 yds 6 Tds ill take it!!

Just sit tight with him and relax him playin in the slot on a fast break team with rookie Qb. Equals ppr factor!! They don't have a real Te he might not get 1300 yds or double digit scores but he will be the safety net on offense he could Finnish with something like 90 rec 1100 yds 6 Tds ill take it!!
I hope you are right, ill take 90/1100/6 for sure. Thought this guy was good value this year, seems like nobody wants him, got him pretty late as my WR3. Hoping for top 25 WR season in PPR

Have to wait for Manuel to be 100%; they played a little together in the PS and I actually thought Stevie might do well with him. Worst case, Kolb would be in and Stevie's skill set might suit him too.

Wasn't counting on Tuel-time though.

Have to wait for Manuel to be 100%; they played a little together in the PS and I actually thought Stevie might do well with him. Worst case, Kolb would be in and Stevie's skill set might suit him too.

Wasn't counting on Tuel-time though.
being that they only have 2 qbs on the roster, id say Manuel will be back soon.

In PPR, I think he can garner WR3/flex value (as he's playing in the slot). For where he was being drafted, I usually opt to target guys with lower floors/higher ceilings with Stevie being the inverse (much like Boldin) but if consistency was what you're looking for, you likely found it. The good news is that he seems to be over the hamstring injury and he will not be as adversely effected by Tuel and his weak-ish arm as one would think.

Over the past three years he's put up stats of 82/1073/10, 76/1004/7 and 79/1046/6. He reminds me of Colston (not player wise, stat wise) with a lower TD ceiling. Very consistent.

His total fantasy production over the last 3 years is almost identical to Larry Fitzgeralds over the same stretch and it's not like he's been on the receiving end of elite QB play either.

is robert woods poised to be the go-to WR in buffalo? not a plum assignment, i know, but somebody's got to catch all those meaningless 4th quarter garbage time balls.

Stevie has been on my team every one of the last 3 years (including this year). Not enough can be said about his predictability and stability. While everyone is chasing the WR3s with "huge upside" I'll take the guy who pretty much always puts up low end WR2 numbers as my 3rd or 4th guy.

He's my bye week and/or flex WR this year. From the 8th round. Crazy value every year

Last edited by a moderator:
is robert woods poised to be the go-to WR in buffalo? not a plum assignment, i know, but somebody's got to catch all those meaningless 4th quarter garbage time balls.
Woods could be good but he is just a rookie, id imagine they will lean heavily on S. Johnson this year, with Woods 2nd in targets by years end

Stevie has been on my team every one of the last 3 years (including this year). Not enough can be said about his predictability and stability. While everyone is chasing the WR3s with "huge upside" I'll take the guy who pretty much always puts up low end WR2 numbers as my 3rd or 4th guy.
It really depends on how you drafted IMO. If you need to lean on a WR because of a RB heavy early round strategy for instance, then going with the consistent dude makes sense. Stevie is being drafted around the same time as someone like Josh Gordon however, and if I'm just filling out bench spots, I'm going with Gordon every single time.

I've had Stevie on all my rosters the last three years and I do think he is very underrated overall. However I am avoiding him this year and did not keep him in my keeper league.

With the Bills qb situation the way it is and the change in coaches/offensive philosophy, I would be very surprised if puts up numbers close to what he has been the past 3 seasons. Gaily ran a pass heavy system, I can easily see those 5-7 receptions a game dip down into the 2-4 range with the new run heavy scheme. He's a great player I just do not like his situation this year.

Drafted in the 10th in my league. WRs that went right before him in the 10th were Jacoby Jones, Josh Gordon, Mike Wallace, Lance Moore. I'd say it's right about where he should be.

I would feel better with Manuel over Tuel but I still don't think much of Manuel.

He's my wr3/4...really think there is a lot of value there but will probably sit him week 1 starting d JAX.

I would feel better with Manuel over Tuel but I still don't think much of Manuel.
Manual looked pretty good so far in training camp and preseason, especially for a rookie. I dont have huge hopes for him but Im excited to see what he can do, the added running stats can make average QBs into solid fantasy QBs

Stevie is on pace to put up a 91/1258/11 stat line after the first three weeks. Needless to say, these would be career highs.

He seems to have developed a good rapport with Manual although I have noticed that he really only starts to come alive towards the end of games (when Manual is under the gun). On one hand it may mean Stevie's production is far too game dependent, on the other it proves Manual trusts Stevie to come through in the clutch. Once Manual locks onto him he doesn't look away.

Regardless, he's clearly outproducing his ADP, where he was likely taken as your WR4.

Man was I wrong. I'm glad nobody took him off my hands....loving this guy so far.

Man was I wrong. I'm glad nobody took him off my hands....loving this guy so far.
Same. I remember sighing when Nicks went just ahead him in my big $ league, leaving me with "no choice". I couldn't be happier with the consistency, especially since a large majority of people are forced to start 4 WRs week in and week out in this league.

Users who are viewing this thread