What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stedman Bailey. (1 Viewer)

Starting to see the breakout here... what's the dynasty thought on Bailey and the STL WRs moving forward?

Trying to determine if he's worth waiver priority... but honestly what's the ceiling? Does he have the chops to ever be more than a WR2/3 borderline?
Said it above...I think his best comps are Antonio Brown and Randall Cobb. Doesn't have the QB play they do, but he might be plenty good.
I agree with your assessment....His most important attribute is his ability to get open/route running....He seems to have really good on field instincts...That can't be taught.

Starting to see the breakout here... what's the dynasty thought on Bailey and the STL WRs moving forward?

Trying to determine if he's worth waiver priority... but honestly what's the ceiling? Does he have the chops to ever be more than a WR2/3 borderline?
Said it above...I think his best comps are Antonio Brown and Randall Cobb. Doesn't have the QB play they do, but he might be plenty good.
I agree with your assessment....His most important attribute is his ability to get open/route running....He seems to have really good on field instincts...That can't be taught.
Which makes him more like A young Reggie Wayne or Keenan Allen, IMO. Maybe an AnQuan Boldin minus the physical toughness attribute. To me, that is a better comp. Brown and CObb are more shifty and sudden where Steadman just seems to be a very solid tactician with great hands.

Planning to start in flex over Landry and Woods in PPR league. I love the matchup and his big-play ability. The deciding factor for me is that the league has a 5-point bonus for 100 yards, and I think he has the best chance of them to reach it. But nervous starting a Ram WR after dealing with Quick's abrupt drop even before the injury.

Planning to start in flex over Landry and Woods in PPR league. I love the matchup and his big-play ability. The deciding factor for me is that the league has a 5-point bonus for 100 yards, and I think he has the best chance of them to reach it. But nervous starting a Ram WR after dealing with Quick's abrupt drop even before the injury.
why on earth would you bench Landry?

Looking into this a bit. Here's what I could find:

Physical Specs for his 2013 WR class. He seems to grade out - arm length, hand size at least - favorably despite his height.

Other related metrics... His DVOA/DYAR, according to FO, are solid too for a player with the limited production.

why on earth would you bench Landry?
It's the 100-yard bonus and that Landry hasn't topped 75 yards all season that has me leaning that way.

Looking into this a bit. Here's what I could find:

Physical Specs for his 2013 WR class. He seems to grade out - arm length, hand size at least - favorably despite his height.

Other related metrics... His DVOA/DYAR, according to FO, are solid too for a player with the limited production.
Has the arm length of the 6' 2" players and big hands as well.......sorry that sounds a little gay..but both of those are important attributes..for football

The thing that would concern me ROY right now is his snap count. He is still not a everydown player. He played 29 of 51 snaps in week 13 which was behind Britt (41) and Austin (31).

Same goes for week 12. Britt saw 59 of 64 snaps, austin saw 50 and bailey saw 43.

So Bailey looks to be rotating in and out with Austin and both play in 3 WR sets. I don't think he can be deemed the go to receiver if he only plays 60% of the snaps. I know Britt hasn't done much the last 2 weeks but he clearly is still the #1 in terms of usage and you have to wonder if it might not be Britt's or even Austin's turn for the big week next.

Basically, Moncrief is getting the same amount of snaps as Bailey but plays on a better passing team.

The thing that would concern me ROY right now is his snap count. He is still not a everydown player. He played 29 of 51 snaps in week 13 which was behind Britt (41) and Austin (31).

Same goes for week 12. Britt saw 59 of 64 snaps, austin saw 50 and bailey saw 43.

So Bailey looks to be rotating in and out with Austin and both play in 3 WR sets. I don't think he can be deemed the go to receiver if he only plays 60% of the snaps. I know Britt hasn't done much the last 2 weeks but he clearly is still the #1 in terms of usage and you have to wonder if it might not be Britt's or even Austin's turn for the big week next.

Basically, Moncrief is getting the same amount of snaps as Bailey but plays on a better passing team.
Week 13 snap count will be off. He had 10 catches in the first half. The Rams were up 28-0 in the first quarter. Tough to gauge his snap count under those circumstances.

Week 13 snap count will be off. He had 10 catches in the first half. The Rams were up 28-0 in the first quarter. Tough to gauge his snap count under those circumstances.
St. Louis destroyed the Raiders and played back ups late in the game.
these comments are a little nonsensical since, as you can see from the snap numbers I just posted, the oakland game was just 10% off the previous 2 games he played, and stl offense played about 50 snaps, making the difference only 5 snaps.

5 snaps could be maybe a final kneeldown series --- it's fairly irrelevant.

these comments are a little nonsensical since, as you can see from the snap numbers I just posted, the oakland game was just 10% off the previous 2 games he played, and stl offense played about 50 snaps, making the difference only 5 snaps.

i'd be interested to see how many snaps he had last week in the 2nd half. prior to last week's game, he had a pretty consistent snap count (he's a reliable run blocker) after being inserted into the line up regularly. you don't blow up like he did in the first half, in a rout from basically kickoff, and expect that to continue. i mean, mason only had 14 rushing attempts all game. ToP was about 50% more to Oakland by the end and that is kind of incongruent, imo..

I guess my point is that the Oak game is an anamoly and i don't know how much info can be gained beyond that the Raiders are beyond awful. he's getting targets finally, with hill back as a starter, and taking advantage if it.

Picked this guy up. I like his measurables and his hands are sticky. Maybe he turns into something maybe he doesn't but when these guys hit it's like having a second 1st round pick. Got to keep swinging even if you rarely hit any homeruns.

i'd be interested to see how many snaps he had last week in the 2nd half. prior to last week's game, he had a pretty consistent snap count (he's a reliable run blocker) after being inserted into the line up regularly. you don't blow up like he did in the first half, in a rout from basically kickoff, and expect that to continue. i mean, mason only had 14 rushing attempts all game. ToP was about 50% more to Oakland by the end and that is kind of incongruent, imo..

I guess my point is that the Oak game is an anamoly and i don't know how much info can be gained beyond that the Raiders are beyond awful. he's getting targets finally, with hill back as a starter, and taking advantage if it.
yeah, they had the 90 yd td run, a drive starting on oak 23, and another on oak 13 --- so, that's 3 of 6 first half drives kind of wiped out in terms of snaps and ToP.

3rd qtr was actually four 3 and outs, then they're up 38-0 into the 4th, where they get another couple 3 and outs + a pick returned for a td to wipe out another drive.

think they had one productive drive in the 2nd half.

wash secondary is fairly terrible, so he's an interesting prospect this week --- or could this be a big game from britt?

I'd have a pretty hard time trusting britt.

it seems like only about half the targets go to wr on that offense, but the 4 crummy games prior to these last 2 good ones are almost excusable

@KC @SF @ARI DEN we saw kc destroy the pats at home, and ari + den both have pretty good corners, plus hill's just been in there the last 3.

moncrief

29% 61% 33% 41% 41% 55%

bailey

42% 64% 74% 67% 67% 57%
I am just talking about now and going forward. Moncrief has clearly supplanted Nicks now. Last week it was 57-55% for Bailey vs Moncreif. I expect their snap counts to remain pretty close ROY.

They both are still boom or busts guys. Bailey has less good receivers ahead of him on the depth chart but the Rams don't pass as well as the Colts. But both are really still #3 WR's in terms of playing time on their respective teams. Bailey might be a bit closer to #2.

Last edited by a moderator:

i'd be interested to see how many snaps he had last week in the 2nd half. prior to last week's game, he had a pretty consistent snap count (he's a reliable run blocker) after being inserted into the line up regularly. you don't blow up like he did in the first half, in a rout from basically kickoff, and expect that to continue. i mean, mason only had 14 rushing attempts all game. ToP was about 50% more to Oakland by the end and that is kind of incongruent, imo..I guess my point is that the Oak game is an anamoly and i don't know how much info can be gained beyond that the Raiders are beyond awful. he's getting targets finally, with hill back as a starter, and taking advantage if it.
yeah, they had the 90 yd td run, a drive starting on oak 23, and another on oak 13 --- so, that's 3 of 6 first half drives kind of wiped out in terms of snaps and ToP.

3rd qtr was actually four 3 and outs, then they're up 38-0 into the 4th, where they get another couple 3 and outs + a pick returned for a td to wipe out another drive.

think they had one productive drive in the 2nd half.

wash secondary is fairly terrible, so he's an interesting prospect this week --- or could this be a big game from britt?

I'd have a pretty hard time trusting britt.

it seems like only about half the targets go to wr on that offense, but the 4 crummy games prior to these last 2 good ones are almost excusable @KC @SF @ARI DEN

we saw kc destroy the pats at home, and ari + den both have pretty good corners, plus hill's just been in there the last 3.
I have a problem trusting Britt too. I expect Bailey to post a similar stat line as he has over the last two weeks. He may even get a td.

I'll be mildly surprised if Bailey isn't the #1 on his team going forward. 15 targets in the last two weeks on 52 team pass attempts.

I'll be mildly surprised if Bailey isn't the #1 on his team going forward. 15 targets in the last two weeks on 52 team pass attempts.
Maybe. It will be interesting to see what happens next year. I don't see him as a #1 guy but he'll be a darn good #2

Maybe. It will be interesting to see what happens next year. I don't see him as a #1 guy but he'll be a darn good #2
Agree he'd be best as a #2. Just meant that for the rest of the season I think he'll see the most targets.

Is Bailey playing outside, or in the slot?

Does he run more vertical routes, or underneath-type routes?

Trying to decide on him as my WR3 this weekend, and while Washington tends to suck against the run pass, those facts might help.

Bloom loves him this week. I'm starting him at the flex in 3 leagues over the likes of Andre Johnson, Charles Johnson, Delanie Walker, Devante Adams, Andrew Hawkins, Rueben Randle, Moncrief...

Here are some efficiency rankings that paint a much more accurate picture of the quality of the Redskins' secondary: 28th in interceptions, 30th in passing touchdowns allowed, 31st in QB rating allowed and 32nd in yards per attempt allowed. The Redskins' secondary is also considered to be extremely poor by advanced metrics sites; both Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus have the Redskins as the 31st ranked team in pass coverage (separated out from pass rushing). Advanced Football Analytics has the Redskins passing defense ranked dead last in expected points added and expected points added per play.
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/12/1/7313797/snap-judgments-week-13-redskins-colts-defense

Bloom loves him this week. I'm starting him at the flex in 3 leagues over the likes of Andre Johnson, Charles Johnson, Delanie Walker, Devante Adams, Andrew Hawkins, Rueben Randle, Moncrief...
Starting him over Wayne as my WR4. I need an upside play.
he's probably on my bench behind Cobb, Sanders, K Wright, and Wallace. tempted to put him in over Wallace.
This week I'd start him over Wright to maybe.

Bayhawks said:

Trying to decide on him as my WR3 this weekend, and while Washington tends to suck against the run pass, those facts might help.
3 of his catches last week came from the slot in 3 and 4 Wr sets. 2 of his catches came from the outside in 2 WR sets. From the slot, he ran underneath routes and from the outside he ran vertical routes. Two of his catches from the slot were bubble screens.

I would say he is primarily a slot receiver. He plays less than half the snaps in 2 WR sets (Britt and Austin play the most) which is the only time he plays the outside. I have watched all his catches from last week and he is quick but honestly he looks a lot like Austin. Hard to tell the two apart at times, both are small quick guys.

Bayhawks said:

3 of his catches last week came from the slot in 3 and 4 Wr sets. 2 of his catches came from the outside in 2 WR sets. From the slot, he ran underneath routes and from the outside he ran vertical routes. Two of his catches from the slot were bubble screens.

I would say he is primarily a slot receiver. He plays less than half the snaps in 2 WR sets (Britt and Austin play the most) which is the only time he plays the outside. I have watched all his catches from last week and he is quick but honestly he looks a lot like Austin. Hard to tell the two apart at times, both are small quick guys.
One's pretty good... and the other is McCluster at WR.

Bayhawks said:

Yeah I cannot recall any games where austin has performed like bailey has these last 2

Bayhawks said:

Yeah I cannot recall any games where austin has performed like bailey has these last 2
Didn't say he wasn't better, just looks a lot like him in stature. Bailey appears to be a better route runner.

The reports on his OTAs and preseason were that he and Bradford were dominating together, but Bailey was suspended for the first four games of the year. While they probably wouldn't admit it directly, my guess is that Bailey was pushed to the back of the line given he was going to miss the first month while the team worked in Austin, Quick, and Britt.

Didn't say he wasn't better, just looks a lot like him in stature. Bailey appears to be a better route runner.
Austin is as far from Bailey as Bailey is from Garcon -- almost 2" and 20 pounds worth of difference.
Ok whatever. Regardless of Austin. Bailey is a small quick receiver.

I know the hype machine is in full force for this kid right now, but lets see if he keeps it up. I suspect Britt will lead the team in receiving this week.Britt isn't a sexy play but might be a more productive one. Not saying this kid doesn't have a future just saying the situation he is in doesn't scream consistent weekly production right now

Red flags on Bailey people seem to want to ignore.

1. Plays in less than half of 2 Wr sets.

2. Had no catches after first quarter last week

3.Rams are NOT a great passing team.

4. Other Rams receivers have shown flashes this year then disappeared. See Brian Quick before his injury.

Users who are viewing this thread