What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell Vincent Jackson now! (1 Viewer)

Ever watch Edge James play? This happened to him his whole career.
Yes.

It catches you a little differently when it's rookie Mike Glennon in his second game vs Peyton Manning, though.

Plus there's, well, the context of this sub-topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I checked, we don't move TD's over to guys winded from a long run because he almost scored.
The point is how actual performances impact future projections, not whether Jackson owners get those points or not.

Jackson finished with 9-114-2 on 14 targets. In there, he had a 1-yard TD catch. Had Martin not been tackled at the 1, Jackson likely would have finished the game with 8-113-1 on 13 targets. When considering future outlook for Jackson, is there a meaningful difference there? Would you pay more for Jackson today than you would had Martin reached the endzone on that play?

Last I checked, we don't move TD's over to guys winded from a long run because he almost scored.
The point is how actual performances impact future projections, not whether Jackson owners get those points or not.

Jackson finished with 9-114-2 on 14 targets. In there, he had a 1-yard TD catch. Had Martin not been tackled at the 1, Jackson likely would have finished the game with 8-113-1 on 13 targets. When considering future outlook for Jackson, is there a meaningful difference there? Would you pay more for Jackson today than you would had Martin reached the endzone on that play?
I disagree with this logic. It doesn't matter how the Bucs reached the 1 yard line. What's important is that they trusted him once there, and he came through with a TD. I think that should have a positive impact on his future outlook.

What rb level do you think one could get for this guy from a wr-needy team? (julio, cobb, etc hurt)
Well, a couple weeks ago I traded away Eddie Lacy (past his bye) to get Jackson (going into his bye). Most people in my league felt that I clearly got the better end of the stick on that one, and his value has probably only gone up since then now that his bye week is behind us (and ribs seem better) and he scored 24+ points (standard) last week.

The meaningful difference is the offensive coordinator was willing to throw the ball from the 1 yard-line with a rookie QB. This is a positive thing for Vincent Jackson.

The meaningful difference is the offensive coordinator was willing to throw the ball from the 1 yard-line with a rookie QB. This is a positive thing for Vincent Jackson.
So had Martin reached the endzone and Jackson finished with 8-113-1, you would be less optimistic about his future than you are now?

I disagree with this logic. It doesn't matter how the Bucs reached the 1 yard line. What's important is that they trusted him once there, and he came through with a TD. I think that should have a positive impact on his future outlook.
Had Martin reached the endzone, would your assumption be that they don't trust Jackson in that situation? I already assumed they'd trust him. Based on this new-found trust, do you now increase the number of TDs you project for Jackson the rest of the season?

Had Martin reached the endzone, would your assumption be that they don't trust Jackson in that situation? I already assumed they'd trust him. Based on this new-found trust, do you now increase the number of TDs you project for Jackson the rest of the season?
We know they trusted VJax. Did we know they would rely on Glennon to throw it?

When a team successfully converts on the goal line, yes I think in future goal line situations they are more likely to attempt conversion with the same players.

So had Martin reached the endzone and Jackson finished with 8-113-1, you would be less optimistic about his future than you are now?
Honestly, yes. I haven't felt like Jackson has been utilized often enough in that area of the field. Maybe Jackson got that target because Mike Williams was out? It always seemed to me that MW was the go to player for that type of route.

Leonidas said:
Binky The Doormat said:
What rb level do you think one could get for this guy from a wr-needy team? (julio, cobb, etc hurt)
Well, a couple weeks ago I traded away Eddie Lacy (past his bye) to get Jackson (going into his bye). Most people in my league felt that I clearly got the better end of the stick on that one, and his value has probably only gone up since then now that his bye week is behind us (and ribs seem better) and he scored 24+ points (standard) last week.
Was this in a dynasty or redraft? PPR or non?

Vjax is yet another example of a player that it would be silly to sell. Even though he had a great game, other owners will be scared off by the rookie qb throwing him the ball for at least the next several weeks until glennon shows he can consistently get him the ball.

And they will use that spiel to try and buy low on vjax from you.

If you want to trade a player trade him when he seems invincible.

Peyton manning is a terrific sell high rt now if you happen to have a guy like rivers behind him. He has everything going for him, healthy, healthy wrs, a bad defense that helps his production...

You sell studs at their height not when questions about about them.

Vjax is a hold and an every week plug n play without question.

Leonidas said:
Binky The Doormat said:
Was this in a dynasty or redraft? PPR or non?
As usual when nothing is stipulated...standard redraft.

Grahamburn said:
Honestly, yes. I haven't felt like Jackson has been utilized often enough in that area of the field. Maybe Jackson got that target because Mike Williams was out? It always seemed to me that MW was the go to player for that type of route.
I'm with Grahamburn's line of thinking here. The best indicator of future success is current success. If Jackson's TD was a ricochet off of a pass intended for someone else, then that's something to consider irrelevant to future projections.

Based on what we saw in Week 6, it is reasonable to think Glennon might connect with Jackson another time or two this season on a short goal-line pass. Of course it could be the only time it happens, of course Mike Williams could be the target once he's back. But if I'm Glennon and something has worked, I'm more likely to give it another chance the next time a similar opportunity comes along.

That catch was amazing. One-handed while being interfered with. Glennon is a gun slinger so that bodes well for V-Jax.

ETA: Another one!

What we saw today was typical coax. Sometimes he gets you 7. Sometimes he gets you 37.

But, if nothing else, we really should keep in mind that this was against the eagles and everyone is feasting on them and mike Williams was out. I see todays game being better for the seller's point than the buyers.
bucs take on the falcons next week.. so it may be a smart play if you're planning on selling him to wait til after he tears up the ATL 31st ranked pass defense. two solid performances back to back after the bye is a great selling point
:moneybag:

Glennon targeting VJax like crazy the last two weeks. Freeman leaving may be the best thing that could ever have happened to VJax's fantasy value...

What we saw today was typical coax. Sometimes he gets you 7. Sometimes he gets you 37.

But, if nothing else, we really should keep in mind that this was against the eagles and everyone is feasting on them and mike Williams was out. I see todays game being better for the seller's point than the buyers.
bucs take on the falcons next week.. so it may be a smart play if you're planning on selling him to wait til after he tears up the ATL 31st ranked pass defense. two solid performances back to back after the bye is a great selling point
:moneybag:
It will be interesting to see who's selling now. I'm planning to hold. He's too expensive to buy and doesn't seem to get the WR1 respect he deserves.

I sold two weeks ago but got AJ green in part of the package deal. Owners flips VJax this past week to get Rivers from the owner I play against. Low and behold he outplays AJ.

Sometimes I just hate this hobby.

No, the point is, he got the TD. Simple as that. In this reality, not some alternate reality, VJax got in the endzone. That's all we need to talk about. There are no if's, or but this guy's, what would've happened's. It didn't. He scored. And he did again this year, but with more yards. So this thread might be the worst premise for a thread ever! Had someone sold this guy when this thread was started you would be lucky to get J. Bell for him. Now you might be able to trade him for a LeVeon Bell or a Lacy. Or maybe an Alfred Morris or add a pick and trade up to a Moreno or something....

The point is how actual performances impact future projections, not whether Jackson owners get those points or not.Jackson finished with 9-114-2 on 14 targets. In there, he had a 1-yard TD catch. Had Martin not been tackled at the 1, Jackson likely would have finished the game with 8-113-1 on 13 targets. When considering future outlook for Jackson, is there a meaningful difference there? Would you pay more for Jackson today than you would had Martin reached the endzone on that play?
No, the point is, he got the TD. Simple as that. In this reality, not some alternate reality, VJax got in the endzone. That's all we need to talk about. There are no if's, or but this guy's, what would've happened's. It didn't. He scored. And he did again this year, but with more yards. So this thread might be the worst premise for a thread ever! Had someone sold this guy when this thread was started you would be lucky to get J. Bell for him. Now you might be able to trade him for a LeVeon Bell or a Lacy. Or maybe an Alfred Morris or add a pick and trade up to a Moreno or something....
You had me until bell, lacy, alf, and Moreno.

Disagree. Vjax is worth more than any of them now after the last 2 weeks. You'd be getting taken if you traded him for anything less a top 5-7 Rb. He is entering the discussion to end te year amongst the elite at the wr position with mega, green, dez, demaryius, Marshall. Maybe even worth more than Marshall and demaryius at this pt since he IS the entire tb offense.

Any thoughts after two games on glennon? Haven't been able to watch the games but I am loving Vjax stat line. Is it pure volume today was like 22 targets? or can glennon sling it pretty well?

The point is how actual performances impact future projections, not whether Jackson owners get those points or not.Jackson finished with 9-114-2 on 14 targets. In there, he had a 1-yard TD catch. Had Martin not been tackled at the 1, Jackson likely would have finished the game with 8-113-1 on 13 targets. When considering future outlook for Jackson, is there a meaningful difference there? Would you pay more for Jackson today than you would had Martin reached the endzone on that play?
You had me until bell, lacy, alf, and Moreno.

Disagree. Vjax is worth more than any of them now after the last 2 weeks. You'd be getting taken if you traded him for anything less a top 5-7 Rb. He is entering the discussion to end te year amongst the elite at the wr position with mega, green, dez, demaryius, Marshall. Maybe even worth more than Marshall and demaryius at this pt since he IS the entire tb offense.
I completely agree.

I traded Eddie Lacy for Vincent Jackson 3 weeks ago (going into TB's bye). In other words, I gave Lacy for Jackson basically when this thread was started.

I do NOT think Eddie Lacy would be enough to buy Jackson right now.

The time to buy was when the guppy that started this thread told us to sell.

Any thoughts after two games on glennon? Haven't been able to watch the games but I am loving Vjax stat line. Is it pure volume today was like 22 targets? or can glennon sling it pretty well?
He's always Glennon's first read and Glennon definitely has that high-risk/high-reward gunslinger mentality which is grew new for V-Jax. Also loves him in the redzone. V-Jax actually had a couple of drops and could have had an even bigger game. Glennon seems to view him as his safety valve and big play threat all in one.

Users who are viewing this thread