What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle @ SD (1 Viewer)

seahawk 17

Footballguy
Historically some DB starts a thread about how "we" are going to crush this weeks team. Nobody started a thread, and I am superstitious, so I will be that DB.

I am still scared of our road issues, despite being great the last two seasons. I would really like to see Walters do great in the return game.

Thoughts???

I still don't understand the we/our/us thing people use to associate themselves with professional sports teams they choose to be fans of

I still don't understand the we/our/us thing people use to associate themselves with professional sports teams they choose to be fans of
I used we in quotes to be facetious. However, feel free to do a search on the 12th Man, it's been discussed more than the Ray Rice issue.

Do the chargers still ahve that noodle legged kicker who can't kick a touchback to save his life? Looking for return yards from Percy in this one.....

I'm sitting Matthews and Floyd in 1 league, and I might sit Allen in another league. I think Seattle rolls over the Chargers, especially with their Center out.

I used we in quotes to be facetious. However, feel free to do a search on the 12th Man, it's been discussed more than the Ray Rice issue.
Texas A&M
DYK the Seahawks retired the #12 jersey in honor of its fans in 1984, 5 years before Texas A&M applied for the trademark

4 picks by Rivers.
Sherman get any of those?
Sure, I'll give him 2.

Actually I found that whole AZ game to be like the old Rivers. He'd better learn to find Woodhead again.
Did you watch the game? Are you aware that the Chargers had 7 drops? Are you aware that Rivers' interception was on a play where Royal stopped his route after Rivers threw the ball? Are you aware that the Chargers coaching staff completely blew the game plan/play calling? (See usage for Mathews, Green, Woodhead.)

Also, what is the "old" Rivers? I assume you mean 2012 Rivers and not 2008-2010 Rivers (which is older)...?

4 picks by Rivers.
Sure, I'll give him 2.

Actually I found that whole AZ game to be like the old Rivers. He'd better learn to find Woodhead again.
Did you watch the game? Are you aware that the Chargers had 7 drops? Are you aware that Rivers' interception was on a play where Royal stopped his route after Rivers threw the ball? Are you aware that the Chargers coaching staff completely blew the game plan/play calling? (See usage for Mathews, Green, Woodhead.)

Also, what is the "old" Rivers? I assume you mean 2012 Rivers and not 2008-2010 Rivers (which is older)...?
That INT was definitely Royal's fault.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers tries to force something at Sherman considering how big of a deal was made that Sherm wasn't thrown at once in week 1 and ends up getting picked.

4 picks by Rivers.
Sure, I'll give him 2.

Yes, I watched the game, very frustrating. I saw the drops but I also thought the throws, timing and choices were not great. I also wondered where Woodhead went in the game plan. I give the AZ defense credit too, I think they will be strong again this year despite the losses, and it was their home opener in a season where they hope to make the playoffs. Etc. I just thought Rivers looked more like the 2012 version. If SD is willing to run the ball capably and target Woodhead then they can do something. If we see the playcalling and timing problems we saw last week it will be terrible. I did think the Chargers defense looked good. There could be something there. It's just to play well against SEA there has to be a good run game, patience with the short passing game and 0-1 turnovers. I didn't see that against AZ (eta at least not the first two).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting Matthews and Floyd in 1 league, and I might sit Allen in another league. I think Seattle rolls over the Chargers, especially with their Center out.
Heard the same thing about GB's center, and he seemed to do ok.
Good point, but Hardwick is a co-captain and leader in more ways then just playing center (at least according to what I've read and heard from my Charger buddies...whatever either of those are worth). The center position might be OK with Ohrnberger moving over, but what about the guard spot being filled in by Legursky? I don't know anything about him, but a starting guard picked up in week 2 usually isn't even a 3rd string guard.

OG Richard Ohrnberger likely will take over as the starting center with C Nick Hardwick (neck) out for the rest of the season.

Chargers signed free-agent OG Doug Legursky (Bills) Thursday, Sept. 11.

Also, the Chargers Offense isn't the Packers. At pretty much every position, I'd take the Packers players. Save maybe Allen.

Heard the same thing about GB's center, and he seemed to do ok.
Good point, but Hardwick is a co-captain and leader in more ways then just playing center (at least according to what I've read and heard from my Charger buddies...whatever either of those are worth). The center position might be OK with Ohrnberger moving over, but what about the guard spot being filled in by Legursky? I don't know anything about him, but a starting guard picked up in week 2 usually isn't even a 3rd string guard.

OG Richard Ohrnberger likely will take over as the starting center with C Nick Hardwick (neck) out for the rest of the season.

Chargers signed free-agent OG Doug Legursky (Bills) Thursday, Sept. 11.

Also, the Chargers Offense isn't the Packers. At pretty much every position, I'd take the Packers players. Save maybe Allen.
Solid post, appreciate it.

I'm going to give a little insight on this game. I live five miles from Qualcomm stadium. Today it was hotter than hell. Tomorrow, meaning Sunday, it will be even hotter. Chargers are wearing home whites....meaning Seattle will be wearing their dark road uniforms. Sounds stupid, I know...but the Seahawks are going to be cooking in those dark uniforms, trust me. Temps will be almost 100 degrees on the field. Chargers if they can give a solid effort have a chance in this game. It will be close, not a blow out.

Texas A&M
DYK the Seahawks retired the #12 jersey in honor of its fans in 1984, 5 years before Texas A&M applied for the trademark
Why would you even attempt to argue this? A&M takes this back quite a long time. 1984? So what?

Texas A&M
So...? That just means they didn't think they needed to trademark it until then. Pretty silly argument.

Seahawks17 question for you:

How is seattle's run defense on the road as opposed to home historically?

came in here to ask the same thing. in addition, how are hawks fans feeling about the game in general? would love to hear more about that as opposed to the we/i/us stuff.

Well, when you say "historically" I'm going to assume you really only want last year's data because it is the best representation of what might happen today. Historically (throughout the existence of the team) it isn't good. But for 2013...

The Seahawks allowed (avg) rushing per game:

Home: 93.75

Away: 109.5

The away includes a 200 yard defensive performance in St. Louis (who we oddly always have problems with) and also a 163 yard performance in SF. I know you can't exactly start taking away specific games but they were exceptionally stout on the road. It's also worth noting we released Red Bryant in the offseason which has previously meant bad things against the run. Eddie Lacy didn't do very well against us last week but he's a bigger back and perhaps we'll have more issues with shiftier RBs.

Passing:

Home: 160.5

Away: 183.5

Only the Texans game last year was above 300 yards passing, otherwise nobody was above 208 (Luck).

I don't believe SD will have a very productive offensive output from anyone, but if I had to choose a "best bet" it would probably be Ryan Mathews if the runs are designed more up the middle. The LBs will chew him up if they try to bounce it outside too much.

came in here to ask the same thing. in addition, how are hawks fans feeling about the game in general? would love to hear more about that as opposed to the we/i/us stuff.
Last year Seattle gave up an average of 94 yards at home and a 110 on the road so there was a difference. This year I have no idea because the front line is totally different. Last season was a 7 man rotation this season they are doing a nine.

Interesting stat, Seattle played a majority of their snaps in the nickel last week.

I expect with the heat they try to rotate the front line out often. My main concern for the game is Seattle's lack of depth at CB and how that plays out.

Texas A&M
Why would you even attempt to argue this? A&M takes this back quite a long time. 1984? So what?
I'm not arguing anything, just stating a fact. Texas A&M isn't even the 1st team to use it, they just happen to have the trademark. I'm merely pointing out people don't know as much about the 12th man (regardless of team) as they think they do especially since everyone always refers to Texas A&M.

People like to focus on the Seattle defense. I get that, but this Seattle fan is excited to watch the Seattle offense. Holy #### have they looked good. The Wilson-Harvin-Lynch combination has looked dynamic to say the least.

If I'm a defensive coordinator getting ready to face the Seahawks I'm nervous and worried. WTF do I tell my linebackers and D-ends? Seriously. Were not talking about a traditional read option. Damn, its not even a triple threat. If you go back and watch the Lockette TD it was a quadruple threat. That's just messed up.

Harvin on the fly sweep right?

Lynch dive?

Wilson around left end?

Nope. When the corner came up to take Wilson he had to leave Lockette alone.

All this on one play. That puts a lot of defenders on their heels.

Texas A&M
I'm not arguing anything, just stating a fact. Texas A&M isn't even the 1st team to use it, they just happen to have the trademark. I'm merely pointing out people don't know as much about the 12th man (regardless of team) as they think they do especially since everyone always refers to Texas A&M.
I remember watching football as a kid, and the 12th man thing at A&M had already been around for a long time. I also remember the Seahawks' very first season in the NFL. It stands to reason that 12th man thing at A&M was around long before the Seahawks existed as a team.

Love how every Seahawk thread has a side ##### fest about the 12th man.
It's because Seahawks fans respond poorly to it and it's about the only thing people can do to knock us off our perch. The average NFL fan hates teams that are better than their team, and most specifically the SB winner.

If we would stop being so defensive about it people would try and stop pretty quickly. Unfortunately that never happens.

People like to focus on the Seattle defense. I get that, but this Seattle fan is excited to watch the Seattle offense. Holy #### have they looked good. The Wilson-Harvin-Lynch combination has looked dynamic to say the least.

If I'm a defensive coordinator getting ready to face the Seahawks I'm nervous and worried. WTF do I tell my linebackers and D-ends? Seriously. Were not talking about a traditional read option. Damn, its not even a triple threat. If you go back and watch the Lockette TD it was a quadruple threat. That's just messed up.

Harvin on the fly sweep right?

Lynch dive?

Wilson around left end?

Nope. When the corner came up to take Wilson he had to leave Lockette alone.

All this on one play. That puts a lot of defenders on their heels.
It's been a beautiful thing to watch so far and as a fan, I have enjoyed being able to relax a little in the 4th quarter with a decent lead. Winning and losing games by 5-7 points the last couple seasons is hard on the heart.

:X

Flowers and Johnson are out for the Chargers.

Not sure I'll be able to stomach watching the game.

Users who are viewing this thread