What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****San Fran 8-3 at Philly 10-1**** (+3, 47) 4:25 NFCC '23 Rematch (2 Viewers)

The lack of rest, due for a letdown game, bad scheming that will be fixed.

This is what I’m reading from all things Philly everywhere.

But not having a QB for an entire game, nah, that had nothing to do with the result of the game last year.

All of these excuses hold much more weight than not having a QB (especially one as good as Brock is proving his doubters). It makes me laugh :lmao:

It’s pretty amazing to me how people can be so blinded that they live a such an alternate reality.
Your QB got knocked out in the game. You had no backup QB. How is that anyone's fault but the coaching staff and GMs?

You finally get your revenge after 10 months and you STILL can't get over that your team lost that day. Congrats. Your team kicked the Eagles *** today. We'll see if that means anything in a month.
Is it even his team or is this another Jets fan venting when their team is irrelevant?
I think fantasy curse is a niners fan.

But not having a QB for an entire game, nah, that had nothing to do with the result of the game last year.

All of these excuses hold much more weight than not having a QB (especially one as good as Brock is proving his doubters). It makes me laugh :lmao:

It’s pretty amazing to me how people can be so blinded that they live a such an alternate reality.
Your QB got knocked out in the game. You had no backup QB. How is that anyone's fault but the coaching staff and GMs?

You finally get your revenge after 10 months and you STILL can't get over that your team lost that day. Congrats. Your team kicked the Eagles *** today. We'll see if that means anything in a month.
Is it even his team or is this another Jets fan venting when their team is irrelevant?
Ok wasn’t sure, their team thread is just wingnut posting consecutive posts to himself.

Personally I'm looking forward to Mall Cop 2 in January.
I will say I didn't see the video until this morning that he pushed the SF player first. Neither was a good look
I didn’t see that either. But if that’s the case, he should be fined.
He should be fiRed. They fired the cameraman in Miami for Tyreek grabbing his cell phone for a TD celebration. How is this any different? Non-players/coaches should NOT make themselves part of the game.

Greenlaw is a soft-minded punk that can’t hold his water.

This is the dumbest quote of the thread. That must have been hard to pass, actually. Sort of like an impacted stool, only flowing freely.
From the way you’re posting tonight, you seem to have a lot of experience with impacted stool. GL with that
Now you’re just embarrassing yourself 🤣
I am super embarassed. It’s like you’re looking into my soul.

Dre Greenlaw gives a dirty knee to MIN C Garrett Bradbury while on the ground.

Dre Greenlaw dirty hit to the head on Justin Herbert

Dre Greenlaw fine $10k for dirty OOB hit on Zeke Elliott.

Your boy is a dirty punk.
Only wish Dre could have the character of Jalen Carter. But hey, everyone needs something to strive for.
Hey, man, if you like walking around with dirty taint on your nose, I.m not gonna stop you.

I will say I didn't see the video until this morning that he pushed the SF player first. Neither was a good look
He should be fiRed. They fired the cameraman in Miami for Tyreek grabbing his cell phone for a TD celebration. How is this any different? Non-players/coaches should NOT make themselves part of the game.
Its different because the camera man is an NFL employee. The guy in question is head of security for the Eagles organization. I agree that non-players/coaches should not make them selves part of the game. I'll give some benefit of the doubt in that the play unfolded in a matter of seconds directly in front of the guy-its not like he ran up from some other location. He shouldn't put hands on a player, and certainly the player shouldn't respond by taking a swing at the guy.

FWIW, he is not just the top mall cop. He is in charge of vetting all the potential draft picks, looking into their past and making sure the team can be comfortable with drafting guys with potentially rough histories. For instance he is probably the reason that the Eagles felt comfortable drafting Jalen Carter.

Its different because the camera man is an NFL employee. The guy in question is head of security for the Eagles organization. I agree that non-players/coaches should not make them selves part of the game. I'll give some benefit of the doubt in that the play unfolded in a matter of seconds directly in front of the guy-its not like he ran up from some other location. He shouldn't put hands on a player, and certainly the player shouldn't respond by taking a swing at the guy.

FWIW, he is not just the top mall cop. He is in charge of vetting all the potential draft picks, looking into their past and making sure the team can be comfortable with drafting guys with potentially rough histories. For instance he is probably the reason that the Eagles felt comfortable drafting Jalen Carter.
So head Mall Cop or Chief of Mall Cops?

Ok wasn’t sure, their team thread is just wingnut posting consecutive posts to himself.
He is a gem

They can’t make the Eagles fire him, but they could (and should) ban him from attending games.
Rumors are they may replace the Rocky statue with one of him shutting Greenlaw down…..stay tuned.
That would be excellent. Maybe this quote should be in the plaque under it:

On December 3rd, 2023 the 49ers 23-point road win in Philadelphia was the largest victory margin since the 1970 merger against the team with the outright best record in the NFL (at least 10 games into the season). While Dom’s effort was notable, the restraint of one of the NFL’s hardest hitters was excellent for not sending the guy to Mars. We thank Dom for the risk he put himself in during the worst beatdown in over 50 years.

They can’t make the Eagles fire him, but they could (and should) ban him from attending games.
Rumors are they may replace the Rocky statue with one of him shutting Greenlaw down…..stay tuned.

On December 3rd, 2023 the 49ers 23-point road win in Philadelphia was the largest victory margin since the 1970 merger against the team with the outright best record in the NFL (at least 10 games into the season). While Dom’s effort was notable, the restraint of one of the NFL’s hardest hitters was excellent for not sending the guy to Mars. We thank Dom for the risk he put himself in during the worst beatdown in over 50 years.
I like this but for context would add “ securing the 49ers the #2 seed, still trailing the #1 seed Eagles despite their fans acting like the won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for them and the suspended Greenlaw, it’s just their Super Bowl”.

I like this but for context would add “ securing the 49ers the #2 seed, still trailing the #1 seed Eagles despite their fans acting like the won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for them and the suspended Greenlaw, it’s just their Super Bowl”.
I think you’re missing the point, in fact it’s quite obvious you are.

While we’re obviously happy about destroying The Eagles in an utter beatdown in their own stadium in front of their obnoxious fans, the real happiness has nothing to do with the Eagles. It has everything to do with the realization that this 49ers team are in a class by themself, and only an injury or something crazy like that can stop them.

If you think these 2 teams are on the same level, enjoy Delusionville, PA.

49er fans acting like the won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for them and the suspended Greenlaw, it’s just their Super Bowl”.
This take is so weird to me. Weve been deep in the postseason 3 of the last 4 years. 49er fans more than most know that there are no Super Bowls in the reg season. Yes, we wanted to win because we had a bad taste in our mouths because of the NFCCG, but moreso because we want the #1 seed, and it was a step closer to that.

We exposed the Eagles for the frauds they are, I mean, all the talk about how Lane Johnson would handle Bosa, but that Eagle vaunted D line had just 2 sacks against the 49ers #20 or so ranked O line, and Jalen Carter was invisible. ROY for sure. Lol.

You keep telling yourself yesterday was 49er fans' Super Bowl if it makes you feel better. I'm sure you'll get over that beat down soon enough. Hang in there, tiger.

Nothing I wrote was wrong, sorry for hitting a nerve. Good luck rest of the way!

ETA technically the Greenland guy that took the cheap shop isn’t suspended yet, the rest is fact.

Greenlaw is a soft-minded punk that can’t hold his water.

This is the dumbest quote of the thread. That must have been hard to pass, actually. Sort of like an impacted stool, only flowing freely.
From the way you’re posting tonight, you seem to have a lot of experience with impacted stool. GL with that
Now you’re just embarrassing yourself 🤣
I am super embarassed. It’s like you’re looking into my soul.

Dre Greenlaw gives a dirty knee to MIN C Garrett Bradbury while on the ground.

Dre Greenlaw dirty hit to the head on Justin Herbert

Dre Greenlaw fine $10k for dirty OOB hit on Zeke Elliott.

Your boy is a dirty punk.
Only wish Dre could have the character of Jalen Carter. But hey, everyone needs something to strive for.
Great point. Yes, Greenlaw is good for a really stupid personal foul penalty every two weeks. But it's always something relatively anodyne like pushing somebody who was already out of bounds. He's not out there trying to kill people like Kareem Jackson or anything.

49er fans acting like the won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately for them and the suspended Greenlaw, it’s just their Super Bowl”.
This take is so weird to me. Weve been deep in the postseason 3 of the last 4 years. 49er fans more than most know that there are no Super Bowls in the reg season. Yes, we wanted to win because we had a bad taste in our mouths because of the NFCCG, but moreso because we want the #1 seed, and it was a step closer to that.

We exposed the Eagles for the frauds they are, I mean, all the talk about how Lane Johnson would handle Bosa, but that Eagle vaunted D line had just 2 sacks against the 49ers #20 or so ranked O line, and Jalen Carter was invisible. ROY for sure. Lol.

You keep telling yourself yesterday was 49er fans' Super Bowl if it makes you feel better. I'm sure you'll get over that beat down soon enough. Hang in there, tiger.
Hey good luck rest of the way. If you get lonely posting to yourself in your team thread holla and I’ll stop by and keep you company. 😉

It takes a truly unique and special fan base to walk away from that game still thinking they’re the better team.

I hate the fact that I don’t live in Delusionville, PA, prob a lot of fun being that detached from reality.

I get it’s still emotional and you guys are pumped you won. But saying a 10-2 team is a fraud is a little suspect. 49ers dominated in 75% of that game yesterday and really took it to the Eagles. Congrats.

I was hoping for a close contested game yesterday like the Bills game and Chiefs game, and unfortunately the Eagles didn’t hold up their end. Are you basically saying if they play again they should set the line at -20? If these teams played 10 times, 49ers would go 10-0?

I’m just hoping the Eagles’ defense shows some life and these 2 teams can meet again in January. If both teams make it to that point we can see how they match up. Pretty sure whatever it looks like I won’t be putting significant money on the Eagles, and hope they show up better at least next time

So head Mall Cop or Chief of Mall Cops?
“Assistant to the Mall Cop”

Are you basically saying if they play again they should set the line at -20? If these teams played 10 times, 49ers would go 10-0?
Of course not, but they aren't as good as their record IMO. I won't be surprised if Dallas takes the division.

While we’re obviously happy about destroying The Eagles in an utter beatdown in their own stadium in front of their obnoxious fans, the real happiness has nothing to do with the Eagles. It has everything to do with the realization that this 49ers team are in a class by themself, and only an injury or something crazy like that can stop them.

that Eagles defense was lethargic, couldn't tackle, couldn't move. Maybe look at schedules before getting TOO confident here. January will be a different story. SF may well be (probably is) the better team, but this road blowout had a lot to do with the schedule too.

I wasn't in the thread much during the game, and I wanna be very clear I'm not disputing the outcome, obviously the 49ers were much the better. But were there not multiple plays where their defenders were absolutely mugging Eagles receivers, and, whatever, that happens, but the notable part to me was Greg Olson on these replays, kept saying 'wow great coverage!'

I wasn't in the thread much during the game, and I wanna be very clear I'm not disputing the outcome, obviously the 49ers were much the better. But were there not multiple plays where their defenders were absolutely mugging Eagles receivers, and, whatever, that happens, but the notable part to me was Greg Olson on these replays, kept saying 'wow great coverage!'
No, they were not mugging receivers. Olsen hates the 49ers so if he said “great coverage”, it had to be.

Ward played a good game overall. Secondary was solid. Really bad tackling on the Smith screen that got a first down on 3rd and 20. Eagles have an excellent offense. Giving up 19 points was pretty impressive. Hurts had a lot of time to pass too. Bosa talked about how they played disciplined to keep Hurts in the pocket and not necessarily just go all out for the sack. Since Wilks has been on the sidelines, D has played better. Also coincided with getting Young in the trade, so maybe another pass rusher is a bigger difference.

The bottom line is the 9ers won the battle, decisively. No one grounded in results can say differently.

The war, however, is still to be decided.

The clear pecking order in the NFC is set:
1. 9ers clearly are the best.
2. Eagles are definitely #2.
3. Cowboys, with a win over the Eagles on Sunday, could move to #2.
4. Detroit. Cannot discount the Lions and they could realistically be #3.

The rest of the NFC field is drawing dead right now, at least to make it to the Super Bowl. Green Bay had a great win last night and can make things interesting but have zero shot of running the gauntlet. Atlanta and NO are only mentioned because somebody from the South has to get in.

It’s hugely important to get the #1 seed, and Philly still looks like the favorite to do that. San Francisco has already won in Philly and would again be favored to win there. Dallas, given the historical playoff failures, would surely again lose there. I have no confidence in Detroit winning on the road in the playoffs, especially in January weather.

My point in all this is we no know, without question, that SF is the team to beat. They obliterated both Dallas and the Eagles- but there’s still lots of football to be played.

that Eagles defense was lethargic, couldn't tackle, couldn't move. Maybe look at schedules before getting TOO confident here. January will be a different story. SF may well be (probably is) the better team, but this road blowout had a lot to do with the schedule too.
Eagles back 7 is highly suspect. It was not an outlier yesterday. Great against the run, but highly vulnerable against teams with multi-dimensional offensive weapons. Just too hard to defend all the 9ers skill guys.

start

start of it
Just doing his job as security.

Greenlaw tried to make him smell his finger, not cool.
No, the refs were there. That turd is supposed to be protecting players from fans.....not being one.

start

start of it
Just doing his job as security.

Greenlaw tried to make him smell his finger, not cool.
No, the refs were there. That turd is supposed to be protecting players from fans.....not being one.
Unnecessary

Users who are viewing this thread