What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roy Helu (4 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan said he wants to get Roy Helu more involved on offense.
"I’d like to get Helu out there more," Shanahan said. However, the Redskins don't want Helu's increased work to come at Alfred Morris' expense. Morris is going to continue to carry a full load in the Washington backfield. Helu may get more looks on passing downs, but the best way to get him involved is to get a lead and burn clock. Helu is one of the better fantasy stashes among backup running backs. He's more than capable of carrying the load should Alf go down.

Source: ESPN.com

How do we feel about Helu this week against Denver in a game where points should be plentiful and Washington will presumably be playing to keep/catch up? I think there's a strong chance the game script leads to a great opportunity for Helu to have a very usable outing.

How do we feel about Helu this week against Denver in a game where points should be plentiful and Washington will presumably be playing to keep/catch up? I think there's a strong chance the game script leads to a great opportunity for Helu to have a very usable outing.
Agreed. Maybe not 3 TDs like last week, but the potential for RB2 numbers in PPR if they're constantly in their turbo package.

If they're able to get a lead, it might flip around to where they use Mo to kill the clock, but I don't like their chances on the road.

Agreed. Maybe not 3 TDs like last week, but the potential for RB2 numbers in PPR if they're constantly in their turbo package.

If they're able to get a lead, it might flip around to where they use Mo to kill the clock, but I don't like their chances on the road.
Agreed (again). I was going to no doubt start him for this very reason over Ellington and Steven Jackson but then I look at rankings and they all have him super low. What gives?

Agreed (again). I was going to no doubt start him for this very reason over Ellington and Steven Jackson but then I look at rankings and they all have him super low. What gives?
I think they're just wrong! I'm seeing the likes of Mike James, Stacy, Pierre Thomas, BJGE, Lamar Miller, Mendenhall, DWill, etc all ranked ahead of Helu this week. I think that's way off

Rotoworld:

Coach Jay Gruden confirmed Roy Helu is the favorite to remain Washington's third-down back.

Helu was PFF's No. 3 running back in pass protection last season, and a top-five pass-protecting back in 2011 as a rookie. "I feel most confident with him on third down other than Alfred," Gruden said. "[Lache] Seastrunk has got a little way to go and Silas Redd's doing a much better job coming in here." Helu is worth rostering in all leagues as a Morris handcuff and backup PPR flex.

Source: ESPN.com
Aug 16 - 2:20 PM

Rotoworld:

Roy Helu is locked in as the Redskins' passing back.

Lache Seastrunk and Chris Thompson were both cut on Saturday, leaving only Helu and Silas Redd behind stone-handed Alf Morris. Helu stands out as the best pass protector and receiver, meaning he'll be playing a ton of snaps if/when the Redskins get behind this season. Last year, Jay Gruden gave big back BenJarvus Green-Ellis 220 carries and change-of-pace Gio Bernard 170.

Source: Washington Post

Aug 31 - 12:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/08/31/thoughts-on-the-redskins-initial-53-man-roster/

Rotoworld:

Roy Helu - RB - Redskins

Roy Helu caught 5-of-5 targets for 78 yards in the Redskins' Week 4 loss to the Giants, adding two carries for eight yards.

Four of Helu's touches came in the fourth quarter of a game already well out of reach. Helu continues to look explosive with the ball in his hands, but remains zero threat to Alfred Morris' early-down supremacy. Helu is a high-upside handcuff, but a standalone RB4. His work is simply too sporadic.

Sep 26 - 12:40 AM

Rotoworld:

Roy Helu - RB - Raiders

Roy Helu opened Raiders camp working with the second-team offense.

Undrafted rookie Michael Dyer is working with the threes while Trent Richardson tries to get into shape. Helu is technically Latavius Murray's backup, but should also be Oakland's first-team back on passing downs. We're not entirely ruling out the possibility of Helu pushing Murray to start eventually.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Aug 2 - 9:23 PM

Valuable back to own in PPR. Reminds me of Shane Vereen with his play making ability. Just don't get your hopes up he sees more than 8 touches a game. Still, in a PPR and 0.1 point per yard scoring system, 10 ppg should be his baseline. Quality bye week and emergency situational starter.

Is Helu worth hanging on to? I know it's only one week, but the healthy scratch is concerning.

Washington paid him a lot of money to come in and supposedly be the third down back. But he got injured and missed most of training camp. Reports in the preseason said the coach was frustrated that he wasn't healthy. Was his healthy scratch due to that and the coach wanting to send him a message? We'll have to see what happens this Sunday.

What is concerning is that the Raiders stink. Sure, that usually means a playing from behind game script, which is a positive for Helu. And that the Raiders like dumping off to their backs. But what we saw last week without Helu was that Latavius Murray can apparently catch the ball, that Marcel Reese is probably one of the most underused backs in the league, and that Taiwan Jones is still around. So now we have the supposed pass catcher Helu (12th in receptions for RBs last year) having to compete with three other backs? Me no likey.

I thought he'd have value but it was the same old Marcel Reese doing what he always does. Catch balls out of the backfield. That's Helus only advantage. If Reece does that then what's the point of Helu?

Users who are viewing this thread