What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Bush could be the steal of the year if he gets all the action that's rumoured. However with Stafford and Johnson there, it seems too good to be true.
I'm not sure I follow you here? Are you implying Stafford and Calvin are going to be a detriment to Bush? I'm all over Bush primarily because of those 2 guys.

This feels like Ronnie brown back in the day when he would build up hype all offseason only to get hurt again.

Bush could be the steal of the year if he gets all the action that's rumoured. However with Stafford and Johnson there, it seems too good to be true.
I'm not sure I follow you here? Are you implying Stafford and Calvin are going to be a detriment to Bush? I'm all over Bush primarily because of those 2 guys.
I more mean Stafford loves to pass the ball so much. I guess the lack of running opportunities will be made up for by catching the ball.

either way, I definitely want Bush as my RB2.

I more mean Stafford loves to pass the ball so much. I guess the lack of running opportunities will be made up for by catching the ball. either way, I definitely want Bush as my RB2.
I think if I had to slap money down, I'd say Charles and Bush will be battling for the most receptions in football by a RB next year. Sproles too, of course.

I more mean Stafford loves to pass the ball so much. I guess the lack of running opportunities will be made up for by catching the ball. either way, I definitely want Bush as my RB2.
I think if I had to slap money down, I'd say Charles and Bush will be battling for the most receptions in football by a RB next year. Sproles too, of course.
Agreed and if what you are saying is true, Bush is looking at top 5-10 numbers assuming he can stay healthy. Even 14 games might nudge him into the top 10. I hope they continue to use LeShoure for the short yardage. bush will still rack up 8 TD in this offense, break off a couple of long ones along the way.

This feels like Ronnie brown back in the day when he would build up hype all offseason only to get hurt again.
Except for the 31 games played and 500+ touches over the last two years it's exactly like that.
My favorite part of FBG is when dumb logic like the Ronnie Brown comment get put right back in their place with facts. Brown has about 500 touches in his last 5 years total. lol If you go to his website, you will even realize Brown stop keeping his stats on the site after 2010. lmfao.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for the 31 games played and 500+ touches over the last two years it's exactly like that.
My favorite part of FBG is when dumb logic like the Ronnie Brown comment get put right back in their place with facts. Brown has about 500 touches in his last 5 years total. lol If you go to his website, you will even realize Brown stop keeping his stats on the site after 2010. lmfao.
And the worst part is trolls like you. Alls I said was it's a gutfeeling but nitwits like yourself can't discern that from logic.

And the worst part is trolls like you. Alls I said was it's a gutfeeling but nitwits like yourself can't discern that from logic.
I know what you meant. I get the same feeling. Almost like Reggie is due for an injury. It's a silly strategy, but I've been burnt by the guy a couple times in the past then traded him away before he miraculously became super durable. Even though he held up the past two seasons, I always view him as injury prone. It's unfair, but I can't help it.

I acquired Leshoure and Joique Bell just in case my hunch is correct.

Rotoworld:

DetroitLions.com expects Reggie Bush to be a "situational" punt returner this season.
"Reggie will have a role," ST coordinator John Bonamego said. "Reggie (can return punts) and is willing to do it. That's more situational — we need one, let's put him back there and let's see if he can make something happen." For the sake of Bush's health, we'd prefer he didn't play special teams, but the idea of "situational" returning is understandable. Bush could be a game-breaker in critical situations.

Source: detroitlions.com

Nate Burleson: Reggie Bush can fill Jahvid Best voidBy Dan Hanzus

Around the League Writer

If you're in the camp that believes Reggie Bush is an elite NFL player, the 2013 season will either validate your thinking or serve as a harsh reality check.

Bush is set up. He's with a new team in the Detroit Lions that has paid him big money to be their lead running back. He's playing alongside one of the most productive quarterbacks in football in Matthew Stafford and the greatest wide receiver on the planet in Calvin Johnson.

Lions veteran Nate Burleson has been impressed by what he's seen from Bush, saying the 28-year-old is "as fast as he's ever been." Burleson said Sunday on SiriusXM NFL Radio that Bush could become an even better version of Jahvid Best, who successfully balanced Detroit's offense before concussion issues derailed his career.

"He was that home run hitter," Burleson said of Best. "When you have Jahvid in the backfield, catching screens, getting handoffs, it made defenses so much aware of our running game. They couldn't double, triple shade guys to different sides. They always had to keep account where Jahvid was."

Burleson believes that element of the Lions' offense is back with Bush in town.

"I knew (Bush) was a good running back, I knew he could catch the ball out of the backfield," Burleson said. "But when he motions and gets into the slot or goes outside and runs a route. He didn't look like a running back running a route, he looked like a receiver running a route. And that's a really big difference and for people who know football, they know exactly what I'm talking about."

Summer always has been a fertile time for coaches and teammates to wax optimistic about Bush transforming an offense into a juggernaut -- even if it never actually happened with the New Orleans Saints or Miami Dolphins. Perhaps things will be different in Motown.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

I think as we approach the season and the summer moves along, Reggie Bush is going to climb up the ladder. I see no reason why he can't be a top 15 RB this year which makes him an excellent RB2. I think folks were hoping to make him their RB3 but I believe he will make an excellent RB2.

He is going to have several big weeks as long as he is healthy. Defenses cannot key in on him, look what he did in Miami as the only weapon they had last season and a rookie QB. Now Stafford plus Calvin, Bush will be the 2nd best weapon for them on offense which means a lot of touches one way or the other. They can use LeShoure like a battering ram when need be to keep Bush fresh. He is going to be super sick in PPR leagues, it's been a long long time since a RB had 100 receptions, it has happened. Reggie should gobble up 60-80 receptions without even blinking in this offense. No real threat at the WR2 spot, a solid TE to keep defenses honest in the middle, Calvin taking DBs deep with him, Bush is gonna destroy LBs trying to keep up with him.

200 carries 900 yds, 4 TD, 64 receptions, 600 yds, 4 TD His last 2 seasons he has amassed 1,300 total yds and 8 TD a season. I am only calling for a 200 yard increase, but I am doubling his receptions. So 1,500/8Td with 64 receptions is about 260 which is almost top 5 numbers last year. Bush if he can stay healthy is going to be one of the steals of the drafts IMO.
He was on to something here

Had a big day today. Couple of other TDs taken away on replay too. He is going to have a big year in Detroit.
problem for him will be bell taking gl touches. Was going to take him at 2.07 but j jones was there and felt compelled to take him.Very happy I have bell on my bench though. He could be start able as a flex or bye week fill in even if bush is healthy.

Had a big day today. Couple of other TDs taken away on replay too. He is going to have a big year in Detroit.
problem for him will be bell taking gl touches. Was going to take him at 2.07 but j jones was there and felt compelled to take him.Very happy I have bell on my bench though. He could be start able as a flex or bye week fill in even if bush is healthy.
200 yds and a TD is not a problem.

He looked like Marshall Faulk out there. If he stays healthy, we are looking at a potential 2000 total yards and 10+ TDs.

yes I am sure he will do that every week.

One of Bush's overturned TDs was from the 1, the other from the 7. I don't think he's going to get pulled at the goal line all the time.

The Lions used Bush and Bell pretty much interchangeably today. Both can play in any situation. I do agree Bell is a very useful backup to have.

yes I am sure he will do that every week.
He'll be top 10 with or without the goal line work IMO.

good luck with j. jones and bell

sup

So do you guys think he will play this week?
Reggie tweeted 5 thumbs, he went back in the game after the injury. You have to know how driven Reggie Bush is and unless the team Doctors say he cant go he will go. I have heard no medical reasons at this point why he wouldnt go. I expect him to rest a lot this week, and I expect him to start and play at Washington and play well. Everything else is coach speak , smoke and mirrors. IMO

I expect a light load for him. Bell will get most of the work. Why would they risk him now against the Skins when there's 12 or 13 better teams coming the following weeks? Of course with Bell playing well he'll drag his leg out there to play.

I dont expect the Lions to risk losing in back to back weeks and I dont expect them to limit Reggies carries if the score remains close. They will pull Reggie if they pull away from the Skins though. I think both backs will see ample opportunity to score on this defense. Reggie has to have a major injury concern to think otherwise. What is Reggies Injury? Right the MRI showed nothing, No structural damage. It is muscular, He is fine but sore.

I think im starting both this weekend against that awful awful skins D. THey have a tough time tackling in open field. I expect them to have a tough time with Detroit and it to be a shootout.

I dont expect the Lions to risk losing in back to back weeks and I dont expect them to limit Reggies carries if the score remains close. They will pull Reggie if they pull away from the Skins though. I think both backs will see ample opportunity to score on this defense. Reggie has to have a major injury concern to think otherwise. What is Reggies Injury? Right the X-rays showed nothing. He is fine but sore.
It didn't say it showed nothing ...

Shwartz said the results were encouraging and it does not look like a long term injury or short term ... maybe medium term.

Also said "If we're going to be without him, we need to find other ways to move the ball ...

and "we're going to work him to get him back here as soon as we can"

Sounds like multiple games to me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/16/bush-has-no-structural-damage-to-his-knee/

it pretty much does

Schwartz sounds like a coach trying to make it difficult for the Redskins denfense to game plan. Happens all the time in the NFL. Bush is listed as probable at the moment.

If you read the entire original article, the schartz quote you give is not near as compelling.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/09/16/jim-schwartz-running-back-reggie-bush-knee-injury-medium-term/2822055/

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The news, at least for now, is good for Detroit Lions running back Reggie Bush and the knee injury he suffered during Sunday's 25-21 loss at Arizona.
"We did tests on it," coach Jim Schwartz said Monday during a news conference. "Like I said, we did a lot of sideline tests on it, as much as you can do manually and stuff like that. And he was able to go back in the game, even though he wasn't effective when we did that.

"But the tests (Monday) were encouraging. He's going to be sore, but he doesn't have anything that's long-term."

Bush took a helmet to his left knee with less than 6 minutes left in the second quarter and played sparingly afterward. In the second half, he fumbled on his second carry early in the third quarter, then left the game.

Schwartz did not want to commit to saying Bush would return this week, but cleared Bush of having a serious, long-term injury.

"I didn't necessarily classify it as short-term," he said. "It's just not long-term. So, by default, I guess that's short-term? I guess it could be medium-term?

"It's too hard to speculate on injuries, and that's why I usually don't, because I don't like putting any tag on things, because you never know how people are going to react to anything."

The Lions were a different team on offense without Bush. In the first half, when Bush had eight carries for 18 yards and three catches for 44 yards, they converted 3-of-6 third-down attempts. In the second half, the Lions were 0-for-5.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/16/bush-has-no-structural-damage-to-his-knee/

it pretty much does

Schwartz sounds like a coach trying to make it difficult for the Redskins denfense to game plan. Happens all the time in the NFL. Bush is listed as probable at the moment.

If you read the entire original article, the schartz quote you give is not near as compelling.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/09/16/jim-schwartz-running-back-reggie-bush-knee-injury-medium-term/2822055/

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The news, at least for now, is good for Detroit Lions running back Reggie Bush and the knee injury he suffered during Sunday's 25-21 loss at Arizona.
"We did tests on it," coach Jim Schwartz said Monday during a news conference. "Like I said, we did a lot of sideline tests on it, as much as you can do manually and stuff like that. And he was able to go back in the game, even though he wasn't effective when we did that.

"But the tests (Monday) were encouraging. He's going to be sore, but he doesn't have anything that's long-term."

Bush took a helmet to his left knee with less than 6 minutes left in the second quarter and played sparingly afterward. In the second half, he fumbled on his second carry early in the third quarter, then left the game.

Schwartz did not want to commit to saying Bush would return this week, but cleared Bush of having a serious, long-term injury.

"I didn't necessarily classify it as short-term," he said. "It's just not long-term. So, by default, I guess that's short-term? I guess it could be medium-term?

"It's too hard to speculate on injuries, and that's why I usually don't, because I don't like putting any tag on things, because you never know how people are going to react to anything."

The Lions were a different team on offense without Bush. In the first half, when Bush had eight carries for 18 yards and three catches for 44 yards, they converted 3-of-6 third-down attempts. In the second half, the Lions were 0-for-5.
Honestly at this point it's sounding to me like they'll sit him at least this week. He's gotten REALLY banged up two weeks in a row now. This week they go against a Redskins team that's been completely obliterated in back to back games. I'd be shocked even if they felt Bush could go at 90% if they didn't give him the week off and roll with Bell under the assumption of "Lets get him healthy, even without him we can probably rack up 40 points on Washington".

We shall see, As a Bush owner I wouldn't mind if they sat him one week just to let him recuperate . I just dread the GTD which this will probably become.

Honestly at this point it's sounding to me like they'll sit him at least this week. He's gotten REALLY banged up two weeks in a row now. This week they go against a Redskins team that's been completely obliterated in back to back games. I'd be shocked even if they felt Bush could go at 90% if they didn't give him the week off and roll with Bell under the assumption of "Lets get him healthy, even without him we can probably rack up 40 points on Washington".
This is the NFL, there really aren't any gimme's. Detroit isn't exactly a great team, they're 1-1 and this is another road game, plus their offense stalled last week without Bush. If he's 90% and it's just pain management, he's playing.

sup
lol

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/380752339071946752

Speaking Thursday, Reggie Bush (knee) said he's "farther along than he thought he'd be," and is "optimistic" for Sunday's game against the Redskins.
However, Bush did caution it's "still a long way until Sunday." Bush did not practice Thursday, but plans to give it a go on Friday and "see where he's at." It's beginning to sound like Bush is better than 50-50 to suit up against the league's worst defense, though how large his role will be remains up in the air. If it becomes clear Bush is only going to be a token "active," he'll drop down this week's ranks.

Follow
Tim Twentyman on Twitter

Bush said he's expecting to practice tomorrow to test the knee.

Users who are viewing this thread