What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zamir White, LV (1 Viewer)

Zamir White RB, UGA

Height: 6-0, Weight: 214

No-nonsense slasher who can also juke defenders in the hole with lateral quicks. Worked back from multiple injuries in college and didn't lose an ounce of juice. Deceptive speed and power to his game. Minimal liabilities as a runner. (Chris Trapasso)

Raiders traded up with the Vikings to select Georgia RB Zamir White with the No. 122 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

The Raiders gave up picks No. 126 and 227 and got back No. 122 and No. 250. White (6'/214) was considered the top running back in the nation when he committed to Georgia in 2017. However, his college career was derailed by a right ACL tear suffered in his final high school game and a left ACL tear the summer before his freshman year. Splitting time with James Cook during three seasons at Georgia, White had a season-high of just 856 rushing yards and totaled just 17 career receptions. However, with a 4.4 40 at the Combine with a 10-foot-8 broad jump, White flashed enticing athleticism. Although he is unlikely to add much as a receiver, White projects as a boom/bust rusher in the mold of Miles Sanders.

Apr 30, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

The Athletic's Vic Tafur believes RB Zamir White could emerge as a starter in 2023.

Tafur notes that new GM Dave Ziegler "was schooled in the Patriots' way," which includes keeping costs low for running backs. With Josh Jacobs an unrestricted free agent after the season, it would be a surprise if the Raiders bring him back, giving White a path to a starting role. However, the Patriots' way also tends to include continuing to draft running backs cheaply, making it unlikely that White will have the backfield to himself even if Jacobs departs. Still, while White will presumably play behind both Jacobs and Kenyan Drake in 2022, he should get eventually get a significant opportunity in Las Vegas.

SOURCE: The Athletic

May 2, 2022, 10:24 AM ET

Raiders signed fourth-round RB Zamir White to four-year contract.

White was selected with the 122nd overall pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, and is likely to start 2022 in a reserve role. The former Georgia Bulldog rushed for 160-856-11 in his final season but could be in line for a more significant role in 2023 if the Raiders opt to let Josh Jacobs walk in free agency. White is best left on dynasty taxi squads to start the season.

SOURCE: Las Vegas Raiders on Twitter

Jun 8, 2022, 5:00 PM ET

The Athletic's Tashan Reed reports Raiders RB Zamir White has missed three straight practices.

This one's a bit of a surprise given that little has been reported on White since the Raiders selected him with the 122nd overall pick in this year's draft. Playing in a veteran backfield that features Josh Jacobs, Kenyan Drake and Brandon Bolden, expectations are low for White entering his rookie season. The former Georgia Bulldog has been a popular stash in dynasty leagues but is completely off the redraft radar at this time. We may get more clarity on White's situation Thursday when head coach Josh McDaniels is expected to speak with the media.

Jul 27, 2022, 9:22 AM ET

The Athletic's Tashan Reed reports Raiders RB Zamir White has missed three straight practices.

This one's a bit of a surprise given that little has been reported on White since the Raiders selected him with the 122nd overall pick in this year's draft. Playing in a veteran backfield that features Josh Jacobs, Kenyan Drake and Brandon Bolden, expectations are low for White entering his rookie season. The former Georgia Bulldog has been a popular stash in dynasty leagues but is completely off the redraft radar at this time. We may get more clarity on White's situation Thursday when head coach Josh McDaniels is expected to speak with the media.

Jul 27, 2022, 9:22 AM ET
Is it though?

He has decent burst, and finishes well.
Not the most agile or shifty, but he’s on a learning curve
and may never be asked to be that, if he’s simply effective getting
what the offense earns him,
Jacobs is better, imo. And that’s because he can dodge guys.
If Whites eyes get bigger, and he can learn to evade tackles like Jacobs does,
they can be nearly equal in production, imo.

White is great depth for this team, though.
And has a lot of potential to be a large part of the coming
committee. I think he’s a better RL back than FF back.

White is easily better than Jacobs in my opinion
Because?
I gave my reasons why I think JJ is better right now.

First, White is by far the better athlete. Jacobs ran a 4.64 forty at his pro day, which typically translates to a 4.69 at the combine. His broad jump was also pedestrian at 9’4”. White ran a 4.40 flat and had a 10’8 broad jump at the combine(elite). Jacobs and White are roughly the same size.

Jacobs played three years at Alabama with Damien Harris. Harris had better rushing numbers all three years and had a better athletic profile based on his combine measurements. Jacobs did have better numbers in the passing game though.

Even as high schoolers, Zamir was a 5 star prospect, Jacobs was a 3 star prospect.

IMO Jacobs was over-drafted. His 1st round draft capital got him plenty of run, but he is not that dude.

Because?

First, White is by far the better athlete. Jacobs ran a 4.64 forty at his pro day, which typically translates to a 4.69 at the combine. His broad jump was also pedestrian at 9’4”. White ran a 4.40 flat and had a 10’8 broad jump at the combine(elite). Jacobs and White are roughly the same size.

Jacobs played three years at Alabama with Damien Harris. Harris had better rushing numbers all three years and had a better athletic profile based on his combine measurements. Jacobs did have better numbers in the passing game though.

Even as high schoolers, Zamir was a 5 star prospect, Jacobs was a 3 star prospect.

IMO Jacobs was over-drafted. His 1st round draft capital got him plenty of run, but he is not that dude.
Cool.
I agree with practically everything you typed.
White is the better athlete based on testing.
and JJ was over drafted, no doubt
I think JJ has looser hips, established hands, pass block chops and the experience gained from 3 yrs in the league.
I don’t NOT LIKE White at all. He does everything I would want in a committee.

I just think that he is raw, doesn’t keep his eyes up enough, has The same gap/zone limitations as JJ
and runs right into people on the second level at times.
I expect all those things to improve as he gets his time in the league.

Let me ask you. Would you trade JJ for White straight up?

Because?

Cool.
I agree with practically everything you typed.
White is the better athlete based on testing.
and JJ was over drafted, no doubt
I think JJ has looser hips, established hands, pass block chops and the experience gained from 3 yrs in the league.
I don’t NOT LIKE White at all. He does everything I would want in a committee.

I just think that he is raw, doesn’t keep his eyes up enough, has The same gap/zone limitations as JJ
and runs right into people on the second level at times.
I expect all those things to improve as he gets his time in the league.

Let me ask you. Would you trade JJ for White straight up?
I can’t imagine a scenario where that would be possible. If I had Jacobs I’d try to get White or I’d take what I could get for Jacobs. Of course I don’t have any shares of Jacobs because I never liked him. I got one share of Zamir at 3.1. He was my backup plan if I didn’t get Alec Pierce who I took in 4 leagues.

Zamir is a stud imo, but I’m mindful of the draft capital and injury history. If he didn’t have two ACL tears in his history, he is probably a first round pick.

Because?

Great breakdown. I like the numbers but I also refuse to fall into Christine Michale again (and again, and again, and again, and...)

Zamir may be a good back in the NFL but he does not seem to do well avoiding contact even in the open field and seems to try and overpower players. That may fly at Georgia but won't work in the NFL. He also is pretty much a complete unknown as a receiver.

Jacobs is not an elite RB in the NFL and he lacks true breakaway speed, but he is incredibly well rounded. He does a little bit of everything well. And unlike White he also appears to slip initial contact and fall forward. Maybe someone with access to PFF can verify this but that is what the eyeball test tells me.

Either way Jacobs is a Swiss army knife RB and the entire playbook is open when he is on the field. Same can be said for Drake if he's healthy. Bolden is also in that category. Zamir may be the future but, IMO, this is his redshirt season and needs injuries in front of him to be a factor in 2022, and maybe beyond with this offensive philosophy.

Because?

Great breakdown. I like the numbers but I also refuse to fall into Christine Michale again (and again, and again, and again, and...)

Zamir may be a good back in the NFL but he does not seem to do well avoiding contact even in the open field and seems to try and overpower players. That may fly at Georgia but won't work in the NFL. He also is pretty much a complete unknown as a receiver.

Jacobs is not an elite RB in the NFL and he lacks true breakaway speed, but he is incredibly well rounded. He does a little bit of everything well. And unlike White he also appears to slip initial contact and fall forward. Maybe someone with access to PFF can verify this but that is what the eyeball test tells me.

Either way Jacobs is a Swiss army knife RB and the entire playbook is open when he is on the field. Same can be said for Drake if he's healthy. Bolden is also in that category. Zamir may be the future but, IMO, this is his redshirt season and needs injuries in front of him to be a factor in 2022, and maybe beyond with this offensive philosophy.
Good discussion.
I like White, too.
I wonder where he would have been adp wise if he came out last year.
Probably similar? 5-8th back?
I think the bottom line is that the Raiders have a very good stable of backs
to use this year. Lots of depth, and all the roles covered.
Typical NE RB corps, which doesn’t surprise me at all.

Zamir White rushed five times for 13 yards in Las Vegas' 26-20 preseason win over Minnesota, adding two catches for four yards on three targets.

White started the game and played ahead of Kenyan Drake (4/15/0 rushing, 2/17/0 receiving), while Ameer Abdullah and Josh Jacobs rested. Resting Abdullah is a huge warning sign for Drake's pass-down role, and White starting over him is notable as it could render Drake a potential 53-man cut. Neither back looked especially good with what was mostly the Raiders second-team offensive line. White may find a real role this year in what doesn't seem like a very intimidating backfield.
RELATED:
Aug 14, 2022, 7:30 PM ET

In at 1.10.

Before everyone has a fit, he was the 7th RB off the board and I found out today someone tried to trade in to 1.9 to take him.

I like Zamir, but he's no where near Jacobs in terms of vision and fluidity. He's definitely faster and I love/hate his toughness in that he searches for contact rather than evading it. For a 220+ back, Jacobs is elite at avoiding contact. The only things Jacobs lacks are top-end speed and until this year at least, the ability to stay healthy in the NFL, even with his mostly-elusive style.

Obviously I am higher on Zamir now that Drake is out of the picture. I no longer view this as a redshirt year for him. However I still view Jacobs as the 1a in this backfield and the rest is still sorting themselves out.

Obviously I am higher on Zamir now that Drake is out of the picture. I no longer view this as a redshirt year for him. However I still view Jacobs as the 1a in this backfield and the rest is still sorting themselves out.
Agreed.

In at 1.10.

Before everyone has a fit, he was the 7th RB off the board and I found out today someone tried to trade in to 1.9 to take him.
Wait, the bolded makes it seem worse. You passed all but 3 WRs in this class for the 7th RB off the board?

Just grabbed him at 3.7 (!!!!!) in my 12 team ppr, Keep 13 league.
he probably would’ve gone 3.5 if the doofus didn’t time out the 4 hour slow draft timer, and didn’t set up a player queue, so it autodrafted a D for him instead. And he’s a raiders fan (like me). ill take any edge I can get ;)

Saw a blurb that Zamir had an unimpressive performance with 5-17-1 and I was a little bummed. Then I watched the game and felt a lot better, I actually thought it was a pretty good performance. His first two runs were 5 and 6 yards. The next one was from around the 5-yard line and he picked up 2. Got stuffed on the next one for no gain. On the next drive he had his last carry for a 4-yard TD.

Saw a blurb that Zamir had an unimpressive performance with 5-17-1 and I was a little bummed. Then I watched the game and felt a lot better, I actually thought it was a pretty good performance. His first two runs were 5 and 6 yards. The next one was from around the 5-yard line and he picked up 2. Got stuffed on the next one for no gain. On the next drive he had his last carry for a 4-yard TD.
Agree entirely. I think he’s a good buy for dynasty with either injury to Jacobs or waiting til next year.

Raiders RB Zamir White is listed as the RB4 on the team's unofficial depth chart.​

White has a chance to rise to a more prominent role throughout the season, but he'll be seated behind Brandon Bolden and Ameer Abdullah to start things out. The fourth-round rookie out of Georgia totaled 109 yards and two touchdowns on 31 touches in the preseason, which included a 75-yard performance in the Hall of Fame Game. We're taking White's supposed RB4 status with a grain of salt. It's an interesting first look, but there's a chance he's closer to a role than this would suggest. However, he shouldn't be relied on in Week 1 lineups.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Vincent Bonsignore on Twitter
Sep 6, 2022, 6:26 PM ET

Josh Jacobs did not travel with the team to Tennessee. Is it Zamir’s chance to shine? I grabbed him off waivers just in case - the way I see it, he’s as good of a lottery ticket as any.

Josh Jacobs did not travel with the team to Tennessee. Is it Zamir’s chance to shine? I grabbed him off waivers just in case - the way I see it, he’s as good of a lottery ticket as any.
I have him in dynasty and do want to see him get some touches. But idk about redraft simply for the fact that Jacobs is only sick so at most misses one game. Best case scenario this year would be a rbbc with Jacobs. Barring future injury that is.

Guessing Zamir won't sniff passing downs based on being a rookie in a loud road stadium - passing downs will be dominated by Bolden and/or Abdullah IMO.

Also not sure that Bolden (or Brown if Bolden is still hurting) won't steal some of Zamir's early down and/or goal-line thunder. Bolden is a JAG, but he is capable at all aspects and McD trusts him. In preseason, Brown looked very very good (against 3rd stringers), compared to Zamir looking good(ish) - against 2nd stringers.

Just one Raider fan's perspective. In fairness, who the hell knows when it comes to rookies getting their first regular season NFL action.

Starting over DJ Moore I need high upside play headed into Sunday, can’t believe I have to say that about DJM but they can’t get him the ball and Lattimore will prob be locked on him

Guessing Zamir won't sniff passing downs based on being a rookie in a loud road stadium - passing downs will be dominated by Bolden and/or Abdullah IMO.

Also not sure that Bolden (or Brown if Bolden is still hurting) won't steal some of Zamir's early down and/or goal-line thunder. Bolden is a JAG, but he is capable at all aspects and McD trusts him. In preseason, Brown looked very very good (against 3rd stringers), compared to Zamir looking good(ish) - against 2nd stringers.

Just one Raider fan's perspective. In fairness, who the hell knows when it comes to rookies getting their first regular season NFL action.
I dont see TN scoring a lot and the Raiders playing from behind , if anything the Raiders will lead or the game stays close . Zeus gets 70 yards and at least 1 short TD (i love how the brain sees what it wants while predicting haha)

Josh Jacobs was a middling FF play, and White is just a less talented version of Jacobs. He'd be squarely on my bench unless I were desperate.

As a long-term Abdullah truther, I'm curious to see if he will get a big cut of the work. That might be fun.

We haven't really seen Abdullah get an opportunity since his Detroit days, and I'm curious if there's a real player hiding in there.

Hey, I hear you, but you have to be doing something right to be in the NFL 8 years after being drafted.

Think he's earned his bones as a KR/PR/3RD down guy, but I'm still curious what it would look like if a team fed him the ball at RB.

He got a couple years in Detroit and then has been stuck in the abyss behind some very big names since then.

Josh Jacobs was a middling FF play, and White is just a less talented version of Jacobs. He'd be squarely on my bench unless I were desperate.

As a long-term Abdullah truther, I'm curious to see if he will get a big cut of the work. That might be fun.

We haven't really seen Abdullah get an opportunity since his Detroit days, and I'm curious if there's a real player hiding in there.
Abdulongata hasnt had more than 11 carries in a game since 2017

McDaniel's ol' pal B. Bolden is off the injury report. He was a trusted RB for years in NE under McDaniel.

Bet it's a three headed mess of AA, Bolden, White.

Pass.

I have him in dynasty and do want to see him get some touches. But idk about redraft simply for the fact that Jacobs is only sick so at most misses one game. Best case scenario this year would be a rbbc with Jacobs. Barring future injury that is.
I would agree, I got Zamir on a lot of redrafts mainly because it's the type of leagues where every backup RB is rostered. I actually would prefer that Jacobs played because I'm not going to start Zamir anyplace this week and this may sound callous but only way Zamir's going to have value to me is if Jacobs gets injured and that can't happen if he's not playing.

Where Jacobs to get injured at some point this year and Zamir ascend to the starter I would for sure not feel like I'm sitting on a lottery ticket because as some have pointed out Jacobs himself is not so great and a lot of that is due to his role/RB rotation and it seems like wishful thinking that Zamir's role would be larger.

Users who are viewing this thread