What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zamir White, LV (1 Viewer)

Like I said earlier in the thread, never write a guy off. Some said was a JAG, some said he was trash. I said he hasn't got a chance yet. Same thing stands as I said before, we don't know if he will be a long term fantasy football "startable" RB. BUT - in his last 4 games he totaled 84 carries 400 yards (4.7ypc) and a TD with 13 added on targets. Solid numbers if you needed an RB2 or a flex play. If you had him as a handcuff he didn't kill you in the playoffs. It was his first meaningful games and he showed he can handle the NFL and produce.

Those who wrote him off missed out on a useable RB for the playoff run. Long term? We don't know what he will be but so far he has shown he can produce. Two games with over 100 yards rushing is nothing to write-off.

I was one of the jagoffs who called Zamir a JAG. He looked night/day better at the end of the season than he did at any other point in his brief Raiders career, including a couple extended preseason looks against scrubs. This was especially true in the toughness of his running and ability to break tackles.

What changed? Besides perhaps some unknown health considerations and/or natural leveling up as a 2nd-yr pro, the big obvious change was going from Josh McDaniels to Antonio Pierce. Zamir was one of a bunch of Raiders who looked WAY better playing for the latter, including most of the OL/DL units. AP had a huge effect on this team's toughness, and that seemed to fit very well with Zeus' skillset and persona. Hopefully, they stay together and do it again and more next season.

I was one of the jagoffs who called Zamir a JAG. He looked night/day better at the end of the season than he did at any other point in his brief Raiders career, including a couple extended preseason looks against scrubs. This was especially true in the toughness of his running and ability to break tackles.

What changed? Besides perhaps some unknown health considerations and/or natural leveling up as a 2nd-yr pro, the big obvious change was going from Josh McDaniels to Antonio Pierce. Zamir was one of a bunch of Raiders who looked WAY better playing for the latter, including most of the OL/DL units. AP had a huge effect on this team's toughness, and that seemed to fit very well with Zeus' skillset and persona. Hopefully, they stay together and do it again and more next season.

what a jag.

Runs hard and fast, with zero vision or lateral ability. Ok pass pro with nearly zero receiving threat. He's a Jaggy Jaggalicious with some height/weight/speed hype from the draft process that is still lingering mainly because he hasn't had the chance to suck for more than just some mop up duty behind a true stud RB. Expect frustration if/when this dude ever gets extended playing time.
Remind me not to listen to your scouting advice in the future please. Vision is one of Zamir’s strengths, and he is quite capable as a receiver. He has low miles due to two very unfortunate ACL injuries, and is as strong between the tackles as most starting RB’s. This guy has been through a LOT and come out even stronger. I’m not saying Zeus is the second coming, but to say he is a JAG is more of an indictment on your knowledge than on his ability.

I used to watch him each Friday night when he was in high school, so I will admit my bias. You should admit that you are not the fantasy football wizard you try to present on this site.
Took 7 years on the board to decide to make a post, and this is the post?
We all start somewhere. Let him get some more reps first before deciding if he's Just Another Poster. (That acronym didn't feel right to post with just the letters lol)
Give him a chance. I used to watch him post back in high school, and he was amazing. Low miles in the Shark Pool, but he's been through a lot...
Didn’t age well, eh?

Runs hard and fast, with zero vision or lateral ability. Ok pass pro with nearly zero receiving threat. He's a Jaggy Jaggalicious with some height/weight/speed hype from the draft process that is still lingering mainly because he hasn't had the chance to suck for more than just some mop up duty behind a true stud RB. Expect frustration if/when this dude ever gets extended playing time.
Remind me not to listen to your scouting advice in the future please. Vision is one of Zamir’s strengths, and he is quite capable as a receiver. He has low miles due to two very unfortunate ACL injuries, and is as strong between the tackles as most starting RB’s. This guy has been through a LOT and come out even stronger. I’m not saying Zeus is the second coming, but to say he is a JAG is more of an indictment on your knowledge than on his ability.

I used to watch him each Friday night when he was in high school, so I will admit my bias. You should admit that you are not the fantasy football wizard you try to present on this site.
We all start somewhere. Let him get some more reps first before deciding if he's Just Another Poster. (That acronym didn't feel right to post with just the letters lol)
Give him a chance. I used to watch him post back in high school, and he was amazing. Low miles in the Shark Pool, but he's been through a lot...
Didn’t age well, eh?
I'm not holding it against you. You made a bad first impression. Shake it off. Nobody else thought about this thread the next day.

Dude feels like a lock for the starting job next year. Always churned the pile forward
He's definitely in the running. Wouldn't be surprised if they draft another RB or even bring one in during free agency. These days it is almost all RBBC, especially with how many injuries there are.

Overall though he earned another chance.

Didn’t age well, eh?
I'm not holding it against you. You made a bad first impression. Shake it off. Nobody else thought about this thread the next day.
To be fair, I thought you're comment was humorous then, and still find it humorous now. So to me, it aged quite well lol.

And yes, Zamir has looked better than good these last few weeks. He's a great hold going into next season. But like others have alluded to, anything can happen in the offseason. Allgeier looked similarly tasty heading into the 2023 offseason until Falcons drafted Bijan. Obviously Raiders aren't in position to grab a Bijan (nor does it look like there's even a RB of that caliber available in this upcoming draft) but I would not be the least bit surprised to see them add some competition. I don't think I'd be buying high on him till at least after the draft.

Didn’t age well, eh?
To be fair, I thought you're comment was humorous then, and still find it humorous now. So to me, it aged quite well lol.

And yes, Zamir has looked better than good these last few weeks. He's a great hold going into next season. But like others have alluded to, anything can happen in the offseason. Allgeier looked similarly tasty heading into the 2023 offseason until Falcons drafted Bijan. Obviously Raiders aren't in position to grab a Bijan (nor does it look like there's even a RB of that caliber available in this upcoming draft) but I would not be the least bit surprised to see them add some competition. I don't think I'd be buying high on him till at least after the draft.
Confession: I haven't even considered the actual topic at any point in this thread. So thanks for getting me to think about it.

Something about the guy gives me Alexander Mattison vibes. More opportunity-based value than actual talent. Can he actually carry a team when he's the guy with expectations, and not just playing out the string? Maybe. I hope so; I'd like to have another viable option on draft day. Good opportunity on a bad team? Not sure we need another Mattison/Brian Robinson type, but we'll see.

Bumping for further thoughts..buy for a reasonable cost or not worth a look? Did not get a chance to see him play this year so wondering if he has a chance to actually be the 1A.

Bumping for further thoughts..buy for a reasonable cost or not worth a look? Did not get a chance to see him play this year so wondering if he has a chance to actually be the 1A.
I roster him in 2 FFPC style leagues (Basically keep 14 skill position players)
As a possible seller, I’m not looking to give him up for “cheap” in case he gets named the starter in LV. probably more than a buyer is willing to spend with such question marks around him.
Of course, if Jacobs resigns, his value plummets and I’m left holding the bag.

I think most folks thought he couldn’t perform as the #1 due to his work to date…and then the end of this past season happened where White put up some good numbers and looked really good. so pre-2023 season, he’s a 4th round value AT BEST and maybe he’s moved up to a 2nd round value now.
2 cents

As a possible seller, I’m not looking to give him up for “cheap” in case he gets named the starter in LV. probably more than a buyer is willing to spend with such question marks around him.

I think most folks thought he couldn’t perform as the #1 due to his work to date…and then the end of this past season happened where White put up some good numbers and looked really good. so pre-2023 season, he’s a 4th round value AT BEST and maybe he’s moved up to a 2nd round value now.
2 cents
Guys like this are always tough to read. Had not shown much prior and then has a small stretch of decent production. Was it fresh legs…did the light go on? If they do not bring Jacobs back they will most definitely draft someone…ultimately I just have no clue how talented he is.

2 cents
Guys like this are always tough to read. Had not shown much prior and then has a small stretch of decent production. Was it fresh legs…did the light go on? If they do not bring Jacobs back they will most definitely draft someone…ultimately I just have no clue how talented he is.
Agreed. If I could get a 2nd for him now with all those unknowns, I’d snap accept

And just like that…

FFPC 1QB TE-P

gave: Z White
got: 2025 2nd
I don't fault you for this but it is basically swapping picks and rerolling. He likely was a 2nd round pick so getting back about equal value. No loss, and a chance to reroll or turn it into something bigger in a package deal. Didn't lose value so that is a positive.

But, and I ask this to everyone, would you rather just hold to see if he ends up being a starting back this year? Some of it depends if you need RBs and if so then I think those people would hold. As for selling, right now might not get max value.

I'm torn at this point as I do believe he has talent to be at least a solid back-up in the NFL. He could have 3-4 years at worse as the 2nd back in a committee - which immediately turns value if the starter goes down. He also showed he can play so he's worth a lot mid-season if he becomes the starter.

I don't fault people for trading and getting a 2nd pick which is probably fair value at this point in the cycle but I might hold for in-season and trade to an RB needy team.

And just like that…

FFPC 1QB TE-P

I don't fault you for this but it is basically swapping picks and rerolling. He likely was a 2nd round pick so getting back about equal value. No loss, and a chance to reroll or turn it into something bigger in a package deal. Didn't lose value so that is a positive.

But, and I ask this to everyone, would you rather just hold to see if he ends up being a starting back this year? Some of it depends if you need RBs and if so then I think those people would hold. As for selling, right now might not get max value.

I'm torn at this point as I do believe he has talent to be at least a solid back-up in the NFL. He could have 3-4 years at worse as the 2nd back in a committee - which immediately turns value if the starter goes down. He also showed he can play so he's worth a lot mid-season if he becomes the starter.

I don't fault people for trading and getting a 2nd pick which is probably fair value at this point in the cycle but I might hold for in-season and trade to an RB needy team.

I am holding. I am thinking they are going to draft a RB but I am not overly confident about this year's RBs in the draft so I think he would have a good chance to compete for a starting role ......my bigger concern is they sign a RB Free Agent....

And just like that…

FFPC 1QB TE-P

I am holding. I am thinking they are going to draft a RB but I am not overly confident about this year's RBs in the draft so I think he would have a good chance to compete for a starting role ......my bigger concern is they sign a RB Free Agent....

thanks for the replies.
Note the FFPC format. You only keep 14 skill position players in this dynasty format. So now is around the time in these leagues when folks start trading end of bench players for picks to get some return instead of outright dropping them.
FWIW, my RBs in this league are Bijan Robinson, WalkerIII, JJWilliams, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Herbert.

For me it's even less than reroll given it is a 2025 vs 2024 2nd, which makes it <> a 3rd round 2024 value, JMHO. The jury is definitely still out on Zamir, but no moreso than any asset you'd value as a 2024 3rd rounder. I've seen enough to hold at that value, and only trade at all if an owner wants to bet on his upside, not his downside. With this trade offer, Zamir is indifferent with the likes of Emani Bailey/Braelon Allen, and other 3rd round 2024 RB targets..

And just like that…

FFPC 1QB TE-P

thanks for the replies.
Note the FFPC format. You only keep 14 skill position players in this dynasty format. So now is around the time in these leagues when folks start trading end of bench players for picks to get some return instead of outright dropping them.
FWIW, my RBs in this league are Bijan Robinson, WalkerIII, JJWilliams, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Herbert.
Good points, very much league/settings/size dependant.

Jacobs is the superior talent and stated he was fully on board with hiring Pierce.

Not sure he is going anywhere.

Jacobs is the superior talent and stated he was fully on board with hiring Pierce.

Meh, in the grand scheme this only matters so much. How exactly does that play out... big pay extension after a disappointing season that they chose not to give following a rushing leader season? Reapply the franchise tag at an even steeper 120% of market value? It sort of begs the question "If not then, why the heck now?"

It's good for Jacobs if Pierce and him stay long term. We then know what we get with Jacobs but having said that, White has shown he can work in. Maybe they give Jacobs some more rest to keep him healthy down the stretch. As a long time Jacobs owner, he is always banged up. He plays through a lot of it, so credit to him there, but with a long term deal maybe he gets some more rest throughout the season.

For me it's even less than reroll given it is a 2025 vs 2024 2nd, which makes it <> a 3rd round 2024 value, JMHO. The jury is definitely still out on Zamir, but no moreso than any asset you'd value as a 2024 3rd rounder. I've seen enough to hold at that value, and only trade at all if an owner wants to bet on his upside, not his downside. With this trade offer, Zamir is indifferent with the likes of Emani Bailey/Braelon Allen, and other 3rd round 2024 RB targets..
You can say value wise, right now, a 2025 2nd is like a 2024 3rd, but NEXT YEAR I will have an actual extra 2nd round pick to work with, and White was likely not making my 14 keeper list this year anyway. League format definitely comes in play here, as mentioned above.

Im also a Raiders fan, btw, and know that having LESS Raiders on my fantasy roster is usually a good thing (until proven otherwise) ;)

You can say value wise, right now, a 2025 2nd is like a 2024 3rd, but NEXT YEAR I will have an actual extra 2nd round pick to work with, and White was likely not making my 14 keeper list this year anyway. League format definitely comes in play here, as mentioned above.

Im also a Raiders fan, btw, and know that having LESS Raiders on my fantasy roster is usually a good thing (until proven otherwise) ;)
White not making your roster anyway is what I missed. Heck 2027 4th is value under those facts.

Another win for Zamir today. Mattison looked like cooked molasses last year. Maybe he was dinged up, but I remember watching him and Dalvin in years prior and thinking “this guy?”
Here's a video of every Zamir touch in 2023, because the internet is amazing

Zamir truthers need to keep an eye on that RG spot. His game is inside. Everything Pacheco does. From what I can tell, their roles are identical. Zeus looked good with BAD interior play last year. If it can get up to decent, arrow is pointing up.

Also, ran a 4.4 at the combine at 215 pounds, with a 1.51 10 yard split.

Users who are viewing this thread