What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zach Evans, LAR (1 Viewer)

ESPN’s Sarah Barshop believes Zach Evans is “likely” to be the Rams starting running back in Week 7.
“Obviously you saw Zach Evans get the first carries,” Rams head coach Sean McVay said Monday. “We’ve got Royce Freeman on our practice squad, and there’ll be some different things that we’re in the midst of working through right now.” Kyren Williams (ankle) and Ronnie Rivers (knee) both picked up injuries in LA’s Week 6 win against the Cardinals, leaving Evans, a rookie, as the last man standing in the backfield. At Ole’ Miss in 2022, Evans — who played his first two collegiate seasons at TCU — had 936 rushing yards and 119 receiving yards at a healthy 6.7 yards per touch. The Rams took him in the sixth round of the 2023 draft.

I expect the Rams to be in the trade and free agents market
Do they have anything to trade with? Pretty sure (I might be wrong here since it's been a while since I checked) that they're still pretty pick poor and cap heavy since their push to win the SB a few years back.

But the dream would be to see Henry shipped over from the Titans.

Do they have anything to trade with? Pretty sure (I might be wrong here since it's been a while since I checked) that they're still pretty pick poor and cap heavy since their push to win the SB a few years back.

I thought so as well but I suppose that drought has ended. If this list is accurate then they're in fine shape with their picks. They have their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for 2024 and 2025.

If Kyren Williams isn't expected to be out long then I wouldn't expect Sean McVay to panic. Probably a reluctant reunion with free agent Darrell Henderson but not much else.

I thought so as well but I suppose that drought has ended. If this list is accurate then they're in fine shape with their picks. They have their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for 2024 and 2025.

If Kyren Williams isn't expected to be out long then I wouldn't expect Sean McVay to panic. Probably a reluctant reunion with free agent Darrell Henderson but not much else.
And there it is…

And now Myles Gaskin has been signed:

Making sense of it, that’s two in for two out. And if I was a betting man, I’d say Royce Freeman is the guy who ends up starting because he’s the safer option for McVay. Which would hurt my soul as a Zach Evans owner.

Kyren out a week
Rivers likely short term IR
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3
Henderson the new PS RB now with Freeman on the 53

I pulled my faab bid with the news today. Freeman and Henderson arent good but they are warm bodies that will do just enough to make this situation worthless.

Evans needs to be owned in all dynasty leagues, as he has the highest upside of that RB group. He's worth stashing and seeing how he does if you can get him.

As far as redraft goes, proceed with caution. He's a high risk, high reward play if you decide to start him. The Steelers run defense hasn't been good this season and is a tasty matchup. But there's no guarantee that Evans will see enough volume to capitalize, and even if Evans impresses it's highly unlikely that he supplants Kyren Williams as the starter when he returns. So you may be spending your FAAB on a one-week rental and a remainder of the season handcuff. But as the saying goes, "scared money don't make money".

He could be a league winner or he could be another Demercado. Feeling lucky?

Kareem Hunt available in my league. I’m very tempted to go after him with my Faab and let other teams fight it out over the Evans’ and Mason’s of the world.

Making sense of it, that’s two in for two out. And if I was a betting man, I’d say Royce Freeman is the guy who ends up starting because he’s the safer option for McVay. Which would hurt my soul as a Zach Evans owner.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Even if I were to get Evans tonight, I'm not even sure how confident I'd be to stick him in the lineup minus some McVay declaration.

Thinking hard about passing.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Even if I were to get Evans tonight, I'm not even sure how confident I'd be to stick him in the lineup minus some McVay declaration.

Any chance either Henderson or Gaskin are ready for Sunday? Or is this more about weeks after?

I have no idea who the guy will be now that Kyren is out..what do others in here think? Is it Evans with his inexperience and prob lack of pass blocking or will it be Royce/DHJ?

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Any chance either Henderson or Gaskin are ready for Sunday? Or is this more about weeks after?
Henderson will be ready since he knows playbook so I put the house on it he is activated by Sunday.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Henderson will be ready since he knows playbook so I put the house on it he is activated by Sunday.
They cut him for a reason, he sucks

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Yes, but he sucks and he can't pass pro are two different things. My guess is Evans gets some running obvious plays but they don't trust him enough to pass block so Henderson might get a decent amount of opportunities.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Yes, but he sucks and he can't pass pro are two different things. My guess is Evans gets some running obvious plays but they don't trust him enough to pass block so Henderson might get a decent amount of opportunities.
You go pick up Henderson and I’ll pick up Evans.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

I already have Evans, thanks. Just sharing an opinion, feel free to ignore.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Henderson may never see the field.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

I'll play along, who will get all of the Rams RB snaps this week with Kyren and Rivers out?

It's super easy to throw around this guy sucks, that guy was cut for a reason.... But you know what, there was also a reason he was resigned. One of those reasons is that they basically know he won't get Matt Stafford killed, another is that he knows the playbook.

So if not Henderson, who gets snaps? Evans can't play every snap.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

I'll play along, who will get all of the Rams RB snaps this week with Kyren and Rivers out?

It's super easy to throw around this guy sucks, that guy was cut for a reason.... But you know what, there was also a reason he was resigned. One of those reasons is that they basically know he won't get Matt Stafford killed, another is that he knows the playbook.

Freeman

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Freeman
If possible they should sign someone off another team’s practice squad .

Is there any evidence of this or is it just an assumption based on him not getting many snaps the first 6 weeks of the season while Kyren was getting 70-100% of the snaps?

I don't follow rookie scouting reports so have no idea. How do guys like Henderson coming in off the couch week 7 typically perform? Are there examples of them having immediate impact or does it usually take a few weeks to get into game shape (regardless of how well they know the playbook)

Since Kyren is out I only have 1 other healthy RB to start this week and have to choose someone off the Rams, Niners, or Lions and they all seem to have question marks, with the Rams being the best option if you can guess who will be the right guy. Evans vs Henderson vs Royce.

I don't know squat about any of those 3, just trying to make the best decision.
I didn't look at all of his scouting reports but pass protection and blitz pickup were mentioned in multiple places.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Freeman
I looked through all the practice squads just now and the most logical name out there considering his familiarity with the playbook would be Jake Funk of the Dolphins, formerly of the Rams.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Freeman
I looked through all the practice squads just now and the most logical name out there considering his familiarity with the playbook would be Jake Funk of the Dolphins, formerly of the Rams.
I don’t think a RB has to be familiar with the playbook. RB is the easiest position to play right away, not counting kickers. I’m not sure when a team can steal another team’s player off their practice squad, but I would rather have someone like DeWayne McBride than Darrell freaking Henderson or Freeman. What about Fournette?

Last edited:
Obviously every coach/team/situation is different, but when you see a Damien Williams basically come right off the couch and garner a significant number of carries, anything is possible at this most fungible position.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Opportunities to what…. Pass block?

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Freeman
Sucks more than Josh Kelly.

There are reasons McVay does not like Henderson. That seems pretty clear, but he has had some good games for this team in the past and despite McVay wanting a different option he brought Henderson back anyways.

Kyren out a week
Evans up to RB1 or RB2
Freeman up from PS
Gaskin the RB3

Ugh.

Freeman
Sucks more than Josh Kelly.

There are reasons McVay does not like Henderson. That seems pretty clear, but he has had some good games for this team in the past and despite McVay wanting a different option he brought Henderson back anyways.
Who is Josh Kelly? :)

Signing Henderson makes sense because it's easier to bring him up to speed since he knows most of the offense. That's the end of his "pros" list and is his only leg up on the pile he has over any other JAG RB.

Signing Henderson makes sense because it's easier to bring him up to speed since he knows most of the offense. That's the end of his "pros" list and is his only leg up on the pile he has over any other JAG RB.
It may be easy to bring him up to speed mentally, but there may be a problem bringing his body up to speed. iI’m not sure it ever was.

It may be easy to bring him up to speed mentally, but there may be a problem bringing his body up to speed. iI’m not sure it ever was.
Speed was a poor choice of words on my part :lmao:

Speed was a poor choice of words on my part :lmao:
The point is that knowing the playbook is hardly a reason to get excited about Henderson considering it is Henderson. I would rather have Fournette.

Well, that sucks regarding Kyren.

Here's to hoping Evans can show up this week and maybe even moving forward. That does seem like a lot to hope for; I'll likely be elated if he falls into the endzone this week.

First Kupp, then Chubb, now this guy. I really hate FF sometimes due to the injuries, you tend to either skate by or get creamed by them it seems.

What to do here? Is Evans the add or is this something to stay away from and maybe go to one of the Niners backups? Mason and Mitchell are on my wire and waivers run tonight.

Kyren has obviously played very well but if Evans balls out as well, doesn’t seem out of the realm of the possibility that he could run with the job, or at least work himself into an RBBC.

Users who are viewing this thread