What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zach Evans, LAR (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
He was drafted. Keep up.
Oops. Rams. Yes.

Friends in from out of town and bourbon has been a factor the last couple of days. :lol:
I hope it was the good stuff. My mom always said, “I’m not encouraging you to drink, but if you do, drink the good stuff”. It will kill you slower.
Whistlepig last night, Widow Jane the night before. Tylenol today.
You should NEVER take Tylenol before or after drinking. It can destroy your liver. Take ibuprofen or Alka-Seltzer. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

Last edited:
He was drafted. Keep up.
Oops. Rams. Yes.

Friends in from out of town and bourbon has been a factor the last couple of days. :lol:
I hope it was the good stuff. My mom always said, “I’m not encouraging you to drink, but if you do, drink the good stuff”. It will kill you slower.
You should NEVER take Tylenol after drinking. It can destroy your liver. Take ibuprofen or Alka-Seltzer. Look it up if you don’t believe me.
I actually took Ibuprofin, I just wrote Tylenol for some reason. Appreciate the advice though. I’ve read that before.

He was drafted. Keep up.
Oops. Rams. Yes.

You should NEVER take Tylenol after drinking. It can destroy your liver. Take ibuprofen or Alka-Seltzer. Look it up if you don’t believe me.
I actually took Ibuprofin, I just wrote Tylenol for some reason. Appreciate the advice though. I’ve read that before.
Make that before or after drinking

Help me to be more accurate.
So that's two guys he didn't beat out.
I'll pass. You have created a narrative you have chosen to run with and I'll let you at it.
I'd appreciate a little more benefit of the doubt here. I'm not a college fan and don't care about any of these players but that seems to be the narrative I've heard since January. If it's wrong I'd like to know. I'm not telling here, I'm asking, and telling you what I have heard.

I'll pass. You have created a narrative you have chosen to run with and I'll let you at it.
I'd appreciate a little more benefit of the doubt here. I'm not a college fan and don't care about any of these players but that seems to be the narrative I've heard since January. If it's wrong I'd like to know. I'm not telling here, I'm asking, and telling you what I have heard.

2021 touches per game before Evans went out for the year:
Evans: 15.3 carries, 1.6 receptions
Miller: 6.8 carries, 0.9 receptions

Evans was pretty clearly the lead while both were healthy. Miller showed out and broke out after Evans was hurt. And Evans was average 7 ypc and 13 ypr, so it's not like he was playing poorly and at risk of losing work. Evans was also very efficient per touch at ole Miss, but he again got dinged up and judkins became more the 1a after that.

Ole Miss has also been tied to a lot of the big NIL poaching deals both in recruiting and transfer portal, so I'm just putting 2 and 2 together there. There's been no indication Evans was fleeing the competition of Miller, other than a few fantasy peeps speculating.

I don't know why Evans fell to the 6th, but seems likely it was something on the interview or motivation side. he's been good er touch everywhere, even compared to other NFL backs in the same backfield.

I apologize. I just did not want to spend a lot of energy debating something if your mind was made up and no definitive proof was going to exist one way or the other.

I live in the Dallas area, I don't listen to sports talk all day but I never heard any suggestion that he transferred due to competition which is why I started by asking you were you heard that. What I did hear making the rumor mill was he transferred due to NIL money.

Evans was of course asked why he transferred. He basically said he wanted to be a full time RB and compete against SEC teams. Now if people want to take the comments about him saying he wants to have more of a feature role as not wanting to compete I'm just going to let them. I truly don't think that's what he meant. He was more in a RBBC with Miller was all. I never saw a sign, signal or heard a rumor that Miller had beat him out or relegated to him 1B.

I personally think Evans got more NIL money and saw a chance at a feature role in an SEC offense with a head coach who had put some RB's in the NFL and surmised more money now and a better shot at improving his draft stock.

It of course did not work out that way. It started that way but he got dinged, Judkins got more of a shot ran with it and turned him into 1b. Evans never played or performed poorly, but it's fair to say that Judkins leaped him.

I expected Miller to go well above him because he performed at a similar level, has no character issuers I know about-unlike Evans, and despite his late season injury has proven to be more durable then Evans who has had a lot of injuries, just nothing major. I just push back at narrative that Evans is running from competition. He's an extremely talented player, obviously #2 RB recruit in the nation behind Bijan when he came out and he's always performed at a high level, I just think he's dealing with other negatives and competing is not one of them.

Rams coach Sean McVay said rookie RB Zach Evans has "some special traits."​

"I think he has a nice skillset that compliments Cam. I thought he did a great job at Ole Miss, but even some of the stuff going back to TCU where he's taking more handoffs out of the pistol, you could really see he's a smooth runner." The Rams traded up in the sixth round ahead of Buffalo to draft Evans, who was pushed down draftboards over character questions. The former five-star recruit's talent has never matched his production, earning third-team All-SEC honors in his breakout final season. Evans wasn't overused in college (290 career carries) and is a fit for what the Rams want on offense. Evans will compete with 2022 fifth-rounder Kyren Williams for the RB2 role behind an injury-prone Akers.
SOURCE: Rams Wire
May 7, 2023, 11:05 AM ET

Took him with the 3.04 pick in an ongoing rookie draft (Full IDP, 1 QB, PPR). He was the 9th RB off the board thus far. They went:

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)

Took him with the 3.04 pick in an ongoing rookie draft (Full IDP, 1 QB, PPR). He was the 9th RB off the board thus far. They went:

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)

How many IDP players went in there?

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
The difference between Miller & Achane is small yet I see Kendra Miller climbing more than Achane.
Roschon is about right.

The difference between Miller & Achane is small yet I see Kendra Miller climbing more than Achane.

That was also a draft of mine (same league). I took Miller and reached to get him by moving up from twelfth. Don't read anything into that list other than that's where I personally valued Miller, and even then, would have traded back to ninth or something could I have reached a deal (we had been on the clock for hours and I wanted to keep the draft moving). I also took Roschon and the guy at fourteen told me he was going to take him there but didn't pull the trigger. So Roschon might even be late.

1. Bijan (1.01)
  2. Gibbs (1.02)
  3. Miller (1.05)
  4. Achane (1.11)
  5. Charbs (2.01)
  6. Spears (2.02)
  7. Roshon Johnson (2.07)
  8. Chase Brown (2.12)
  9. Zach Evans (3.04)
Roschon is about right.

I’m itching to get my 1QB draft started, getting very worried Kendre Miller is going to start climbing further. Got 3 3rds and 3 4ths along with my 1st and 2nd so it’s going to be a lot of fun trying to move up the board, or seeing who falls to me in the 3rd. Actually liking what I’m seeing in these drafts so far

I’m itching to get my 1QB draft started, getting very worried Kendre Miller is going to start climbing further.

Like I said, that was actually me that took him there. Just to be clear about it. He might not have gone in the top eleven and I might have moved up and wasted the asset to move up. That's because I think the second round of this draft is so weak that you've got to get your first round guy. The real strength of this draft, IMO, are the running backs in the second and third round.

I’m itching to get my 1QB draft started, getting very worried Kendre Miller is going to start climbing further.

Like I said, that was actually me that took him there. Just to be clear about it. He might not have gone in the top eleven and I might have moved up and wasted the asset to move up. That's because I think the second round of this draft is so weak that you've got to get your first round guy. The real strength of this draft, IMO, are the running backs in the second and third round.
Are we talking Zach Evans?

14 team, 1qb/non ppr I took kendre 1.4 and Evans 2.9 (pick 23).

Ppr changes things a little because I'm slightly more confident that the first round wrs will get opportunities to start than I am about kendre, but I liked kendre a lot before the combine, nothing changed when he didn't run at the combine, ilove his early third round draft capital and I see new Orleans as one of the best opportunities for a young rb in the league.

To me, Evans is in the same tier with roschon, tyjae, bigsby and chase brown. Any of them could have value this year and any of them could lose all value next year. They're similar talents but Evans and roschon have the best chance to unseat the presumed starters.

To me, Evans is in the same tier with roschon, tyjae, bigsby and chase brown. Any of them could have value this year and any of them could lose all value next year. They're similar talents but Evans and roschon have the best chance to unseat the presumed starters.
I agree with all except Tyjae due to his Knee issues. I don't see him having the longevity of a career since he won't be around for his opportunity when his knees give out.

Lottery Picks for RB after 2.06 range IMO

Matt Waldman @MattWaldman
Zach Evans to the #Rams. As talented as any back in this draft. Maturity questions, injury questions, but if much of that is overblown...look out.

Bobby Football @Rob_Paul
Another fun pick by the Rams with Zach Evans. Has really impressive tape and massive upside. Awesome value here. So fluid and looks like he’s gliding as a runner. Good contact balance too. Really believe he can be an impact player. Look at him go:

Roster bubble, according to sources, because he's running behind Freeman apparently. I would be really surprised by that.

With Akers on the move, seems like Evans has a path to being the backup over the pedestrian Rivers.

Evans didn't seem to have a great pre-season, but is there anything here? McVay can be fickle with his RBs and not sure Kyren is built to be a long-term workhorse.

With Akers on the move, seems like Evans has a path to being the backup over the pedestrian Rivers.

Evans didn't seem to have a great pre-season, but is there anything here? McVay can be fickle with his RBs and not sure Kyren is built to be a long-term workhorse.
12 Team Dyn 1 QB picked up Evans 3.07 and acquired Kyren prior to season.

I agree it could evolve into a RBBC since Kyren (listed size) 5'9" 194 lb is not a Bell cow RB size for the punishment.
Evans at 5'11" 202 lb is not much bigger but they are only 8 months apart in age ...so "Maturity Muscles" are not likely to play any part
I don't know.... Long-term RB role in LAR? Does that even exist?

MFL has Evans as RB2 already (as of yesterday's trade). Don't know when it happened, but just prior to Week 1 it was Ronnie Rivers at RB2

I like Evans as a dart throw, but I want to see him active on gameday before I consider stashing him. He’s sat out in favor of Ronnie Rivers and Royce Freeman, two uninspiring RB’s.

12 Team Dyn 1 QB picked up Evans 3.07 and acquired Kyren prior to season.

I agree it could evolve into a RBBC since Kyren (listed size) 5'9" 194 lb is not a Bell cow RB size for the punishment.
Evans at 5'11" 202 lb is not much bigger but they are only 8 months apart in age ...so "Maturity Muscles" are not likely to play any part
I don't know.... Long-term RB role in LAR? Does that even exist?

MFL has Evans as RB2 already (as of yesterday's trade). Don't know when it happened, but just prior to Week 1 it was Ronnie Rivers at RB2
Fair enough - I meant "long-term" as in this season. I did read that Evans was the number one RB coming out of HS, even ahead of Bijan. Granted that was an eternity ago and things evolve, but seems like there is some talent there.

I like Evans as a dart throw, but I want to see him active on gameday before I consider stashing him. He’s sat out in favor of Ronnie Rivers and Royce Freeman, two uninspiring RB’s.
Agreed - sometimes it's do to special teams considerations, but this weekend may be telling.

As for waiting until he's active, I'm going to try to stash him for cheap and see what happens. Worst case he's an immediate drop.

Take it for what it is worth, McVay had the below quote just before the trade (no mention of Evans). I liked Evans coming out and hope he gets a chance to see some playing time.

Link
"Felt like that was best for our football team," McVay said, via NFL.com. "Felt like Kyren [Williams] gave us the best opportunity and what Ronnie (Rivers) and Royce (Freeman) had done, so that was the decision that I made."

Agreed - sometimes it's do to special teams considerations, but this weekend may be telling.

As for waiting until he's active, I'm going to try to stash him for cheap and see what happens. Worst case he's an immediate drop.
Yeah, I’m in. I’ll just need to be patient with Evans.

This may just be me trying to convince myself here, but I believe (especially in dynasty) it’s better to be a week early than a week late.

I keep holding on at the end of my bench despite the fact that he’s been a healthy scratch through the first four weeks. “McVay must not like him.” “He must not be any good.” “He didn’t show anything in preseason.” “He’s a JAG.” etc. etc.

Okay so the 6th round draft capital isn’t flattering, but we’re seeing so many values that have come out of Day 3 or undrafted that draft capital is starting to matter less and less as it relates to running backs. What matters is the fact that McVay liked Zach Evans enough that he traded up 37 spots to get him. That despite him not flashing in preseason, and however green be may be, he was kept on the 53-man roster rather than trying to sneak him onto the practice squad, fearing another team would sign him away.

This probably is meant to be a redshirt season for him, but sometimes the script changes. Look at the 2021 Patriots for example. Bill Belichick is known for redshirting his rookie RB’s, and that year he had 4th round pick Rhamondre Stevenson as his rookie. Ahead of him were established veterans Damien Harris, Sony Michel, James White, and Brandon Bolden. The prevailing notion was the Patriots would likely keep 4 or 5 RBs, with Harris in the lead role, Michel the backup, White the 3rd down guy, and Bolden the special teams guy who can fill in at RB in a pinch, leaving Stevenson to spend the year learning from the sideline. But Stevenson impressed enough in preseason that he earned a role and got Michel traded to the Rams. Add to that White’s career-ending injury early in the year and suddenly Stevenson was more involved than originally expected.

Now let’s look at the Rams’ situation. They also had Michel this offseason but then he retired, so they went out and signed Royce Freeman. The Rams went into the season and decided on keeping Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Ronnie Rivers, and the rookie Evans. Freeman was an easy cut and brought back to the practice squad. So you’re looking at an Akers/Williams/Rivers trio on game day and Evans inactive. Cool. But then McVay had enough of Akers and got rid of him. Now there’s an opening. Thing is that Williams is the guy being trusted as RB1 now, but he also does special teams. McVay needed a RB on game day who can take those special teams snaps off his plate. It does not seem Evans fits that role, so Freeman it is as the practice squad call-up. Meanwhile that’s more time for the rookie to work on what he needs to before he’s ready to suit up on game day, whatever that may be.

The thing is Williams and Rivers are both undersized and not suited for heavy workloads. Williams is getting that anyway, and as long as the touchdowns come then his fantasy owners shouldn’t care. You take the points any way you can get them. But will he hold up? He’s already dealing with a hip contusion, which shouldn’t keep him out of action but is worth monitoring. If he gets nicked up to the point where he’s ineffective or can’t play, the next guy up isn’t any more likely to hold up as a starter. I’m only speculating but Evans was probably brought in as McVay’s upside flier and replacement for Akers with 2024 in mind, but the script has changed and Evans may need to be called upon sooner.

Williams has the lead RB role, Rivers has the COP role, and Freeman has the special teams role, and the Rams don’t need 4 active RB’s, so Evans is left out for now. But in the event of an injury, I bet there’s room for Evans, and all he needs is that opportunity.

Performance clearly isn’t getting Evans promoted but attrition may well do the job. It’s also just as likely that McVay signs or trades for another RB instead. But Evans is there as an in-house option should Williams or Rivers get injured, and wouldn’t cost the team any more cap space or what little they may have in draft picks to check out. That’s why I keep holding. Because we could be one injury away from seeing Evans forced into action, and in my dynasty league, where many of the lottery ticket RBs I dropped went claimed shortly after, I can’t afford to wait until it’s too late to act. So I’m holding for as long as I need to, at least until it’s abundantly clear that it isn’t happening (see: Ty Chandler after the Vikings traded for, who else… Cam Akers).

Last edited:
This may just be me trying to convince myself here, but I believe (especially in dynasty) it’s better to be a week early than a week late.

I keep holding on at the end of my bench despite the fact that he’s been a healthy scratch through the first four weeks. “McVay must not like him.” “He must not be any good.” “He didn’t show anything in preseason.” “He’s a JAG.” etc. etc.

Okay so the 6th round draft capital isn’t flattering, but we’re seeing so many values that have come out of Day 3 or undrafted that draft capital is starting to matter less and less as it relates to running backs. What matters is the fact that McVay liked Zach Evans enough that he traded up 37 spots to get him. That despite him not flashing in preseason, and however green be may be, he was kept on the 53-man roster rather than trying to sneak him onto the practice squad, fearing another team would sign him away.

This probably is meant to be a redshirt season for him, but sometimes the script changes. Look at the 2021 Patriots for example. Bill Belichick is known for redshirting his rookie RB’s, and that year he had 4th round pick Rhamondre Stevenson as his rookie. Ahead of him were established veterans Damien Harris, Sony Michel, James White, and Brandon Bolden. The prevailing notion was the Patriots would likely keep 4 or 5 RBs, with Harris in the lead role, Michel the backup, White the 3rd down guy, and Bolden the special teams guy who can fill in at RB in a pinch, leaving Stevenson to spend the year learning from the sideline. But Stevenson impressed enough in preseason that he earned a role and got Michel traded to the Rams. Add to that White’s career-ending injury early in the year and suddenly Stevenson was more involved than originally expected.

Now let’s look at the Rams’ situation. They also had Michel this offseason but then he retired, so they went out and signed Royce Freeman. The Rams went into the season and decided on keeping Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Ronnie Rivers, and the rookie Evans. Freeman was an easy cut and brought back to the practice squad. So you’re looking at an Akers/Williams/Rivers trio on game day and Evans inactive. Cool. But then McVay had enough of Akers and got rid of him. Now there’s an opening. Thing is that Williams is the guy being trusted as RB1 now, but he also does special teams. McVay needed a RB on game day who can take those special teams snaps off his plate. It does not seem Evans fits that role, so Freeman it is as the practice squad call-up. Meanwhile that’s more time for the rookie to work on what he needs to before he’s ready to suit up on game day, whatever that may be.

The thing is Williams and Rivers are both undersized and not suited for heavy workloads. Williams is getting that anyway, and as long as the touchdowns come then his fantasy owners shouldn’t care. You take the points any way you can get them. But will he hold up? He’s already dealing with a hip contusion, which shouldn’t keep him out of action but is worth monitoring. If he gets nicked up to the point where he’s ineffective or can’t play, the next guy up isn’t any more likely to hold up as a starter. I’m only speculating but Evans was probably brought in as McVay’s upside flier and replacement for Akers with 2024 in mind, but the script has changed and Evans may need to be called upon sooner.

Williams has the lead RB role, Rivers has the COP role, and Freeman has the special teams role, and the Rams don’t need 4 active RB’s, so Evans is left out for now. But in the event of an injury, I bet there’s room for Evans, and all he needs is that opportunity.

Performance clearly isn’t getting Evans promoted but attrition may well do the job. It’s also just as likely that McVay signs or trades for another RB instead. But Evans is there as an in-house option should Williams or Rivers get injured, and wouldn’t cost the team any more cap space or what little they may have in draft picks to check out. That’s why I keep holding. Because we could be one injury away from seeing Evans forced into action, and in my dynasty league, where many of the lottery ticket RBs I dropped went claimed shortly after, I can’t afford to wait until it’s too late to act. So I’m holding for as long as I need to, at least until it’s abundantly clear that it isn’t happening (see: Ty Chandler after the Vikings traded for, who else… Cam Akers).
The guy has talent all he needs is an opportunit. I don’t see the other three ahead of him as being any if at all more talented than he is. He might actually be the most talented rb of the 4

I think the Rams go shopping if they keep being competitive and something happens to Williams. Taylor (depending on indy) is the gem, but plenty of teams have guys they could move, and Fournette is still just sitting out there as well. If you have a spot to stash him then stash him bc if Williams has a pull or an injury in practice they likely elevate Evans into the game plan. If he performs then they don't look for the next guy and you don't have to bid on him. If he doesn't and they go shopping, he is an easy drop.

I just don't think they trust him right now to be on the field.

The old saying about if you can't pass block you can't get on the field is overused but in this case it's true. I noticed even in the pre-season they were pulling him if it was remotely a passing down. Then the first time time he got left in the game and had to pass block it was one of the most brutal misses I can recall.

Basically in the pre-season they did not trust him to not allow a backup QB to get hit so hard to think they'd ever want him in a game with Stafford playing. I think he's basically on a redshirt season.

I just don't think they trust him right now to be on the field.

The old saying about if you can't pass block you can't get on the field is overused but in this case it's true. I noticed even in the pre-season they were pulling him if it was remotely a passing down. Then the first time time he got left in the game and had to pass block it was one of the most brutal misses I can recall.

Basically in the pre-season they did not trust him to not allow a backup QB to get hit so hard to think they'd ever want him in a game with Stafford playing. I think he's basically on a redshirt season.
Yeah pass pro is a big thing that is likely holding him back. He can probably still run it well but if he’s not good at protecting his QB then it’ll telegraph to the defense that it’s a run. I’m still stashing and holding out hope for an opportunity to present itself as the cupboard is pretty bare on RBs in my dynasty league’s free agent pool (no taxi squad unfortunately).

was wondering the same. Waldman is super high on this kid and i’d love to see him to get some PT at some point this year

He did not show up as inactive, did they actually suit him up? Could be a good sign.

He logged his first NFL snap...

...on a kickoff return

baby steps

(PFF doesn't do ST alignments so not sure if he was deep to return or on the suicide squad)

I'm high on him as well - and I'm in redraft. Tryna to figure out if I can squeeze him on the roster (12 x 18 + 2 IR) whilst he's still free.

May never amount to anything but a 5-star recruit who was rated higher than Bijan coming out of h.s. is intriguing.

I wrote about him earlier this year but I suspect it was in a WW or sleepers thread, will see if I can find it.

Found it in the Super Sleepers thread; the copy pasta:
Zach Evans is worth a preemptive stash in deeper leagues

I don't think the season long plan is 96% snap share for 194 lb Kyren

Was the #1 5-star RB recruit in 2020 (same class as Bijan), 6.9 career YPC at TCU & Ole Miss

Will likely be active for the first time tomorrow

Draft Profile
RAS

He's never really been a bell cow since h.s. Was listed at 215 in college, Combine he came in at 5'11" 202.

Dude had mega drama as a recruit, think he committed/decommitted to several schools, signed a NLI with Georgia, was involved in some kind of credit card scandal that got him suspended from the state championship game. Georgia released him from his NLI and eventually he became TCU's first 5-star recruit. Turf toe his sophomore year, transferred to the SEC. Concussion and some other minor injury his junior year plus a stud freshman Wally Pipped him. Still put up 144-936-9.

Read a few deep dives on him and basically I think he just stop developing, was pretty much the same runner as a junior as when he came out. But he's a very talented kid and given how mercurial McVay is about RBs, wouldn't surprise me if he gets some run at some point.

Only recommending him bc he's free atm, 1% owned. I play in an 18 x 12 league and as soon as shows signs of having a pulse they'll be a FAAB war lol.

Strictly a preemptive stash for now. The strategy here (N/A for shallow leagues) is to be ahead of the FAAB bum rush and save that commodity for players you will actually start.

Here is his pre-draft profile from the PFF Draft Guide:
ZACH EVANS
OLE MISS REBELS
position rank: 12
best ball rank: 135
height 6’0” (combine 5'11")
weight 215 (combine 202)

As a five-star and the top running back recruit in the 2020 class, Evans had one of the wilder recruiting journeys. He originally signed with Georgia during the early signing period before asking out of that commitment and ending up at TCU. He split time during his two years with the Horned Frogs and impressed as a sophomore with an 86.3 rushing grade. Evans then transferred to Ole Miss, seemingly to be their lead back until true freshman Quinshon Judkins exploded. Evans has a ton of talent, but he just never really had an opportunity to show it.

Season Grades 2022 2021 2020
PFF Grade 77.3 85.0 71.6
Attempts 144 92 54
Yards 930 648 415
Y/Att 6.5 7 7.7
Rush TDs 9 5 4
Receptions 12 10 8
Receiving Yards 119 130 76

pros
  • Smooth mover who can hit turbo with relative ease.
  • Explosive plays are in his DNA - 48.3% of yards in career came on 15-plus-yard runs.
  • Consistently effective stiff arm against defensive backs in open field.
cons
  • Wholly uninvolved in the passing game and dropped easy ones when he was - five drops on 35 career catchable passes.
  • Vision needs to expand more when point of attack isn't there. Commits to gaps too early.
  • Lacks ideal musculature for NFL back.
Where he wins <EASE OF MOVEMENT>
Evans has a lot of tools at his disposal when it comes to running the football. He has such a natural ability to alter speeds and cut explosively. He moves like a smaller back who has legitimate NFL size.
What's his role <RUN DOWN COMMITTEE BACK>
Evans is still a bit of a project. We never saw him in a bell-cow role at any point in his collegiate career despite his five-star pedigree. While that's obviously worrisome, it wasn't due to his ability to tote the rock. He can execute any concept as a pure runner and command carries in such a role.
Where he can improve <DROPS>
Evans has all the makings of a deadly player in space, but no one is going to feel comfortable putting him there in the passing game if his hands don't improve. It's telling how few pass snaps he played in his career (254), as coaches didn't trust him to be on the field.

Evans is more athlete than complete running back at this point. He's one heck of an athlete though.

The #Rams run the risk of being down two RBs:-- RB Kyren Williams, who rushed for 158 yards yesterday, suffered an ankle injury, left without a boot but is getting an MRI.-- Backup Ronnie Rivers is believed to have a PCL sprain that could keep him out a few weeks. MRI coming.

Zach time ?!

The #Rams run the risk of being down two RBs:-- RB Kyren Williams, who rushed for 158 yards yesterday, suffered an ankle injury, left without a boot but is getting an MRI.-- Backup Ronnie Rivers is believed to have a PCL sprain that could keep him out a few weeks. MRI coming.

Zach time ?!
I would assume they would sign someone (Fournette?) if the injuries are going to keep them out, but Zach should get some more action.

Users who are viewing this thread