What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ty'son Williams, BAL (3 Viewers)

ryno1980 said:
I saw the same thing they saw. Mediocre back not worth the potential headache. I’m not trying to buy Bell; I’m worried about Williams’ role. Hence posting in the Williams thread. 
Well they did sign Bell, so I’ll eat some crow. They saw something at least. He muddies the situation right now for sure.

Runkle said:
The Rams and Falcons could both use a RB, and neither team even took a sniff at Gurley. They know. He's done.
I keep seeing the Rams need a RB from people.  Why do folks think this after trading for Michel.   I don't own any Rams RB, but it seems that trade solidified that position for now.

Well they did sign Bell, so I’ll eat some crow. They saw something at least. He muddies the situation right now for sure.
I don't think so.   There was a reason it took this long for Bell to get signed, and for an injury to an rb who wasn't going to get any carries anyway to do it.  Bell is just a depth piece who knows how to pass block.

I don't think so.   There was a reason it took this long for Bell to get signed, and for an injury to an rb who wasn't going to get any carries anyway to do it.  Bell is just a depth piece who knows how to pass block.
Oh, I don’t think Bell is any good at all anymore - but even a third down role for Bell is a blow for the rest. Could end up being nothing but it’s not like Williams was established.

Oh, I don’t think Bell is any good at all anymore - but even a third down role for Bell is a blow for the rest. Could end up being nothing but it’s not like Williams was established.

CEH took a big hit in production after Bell signed. Williams may still have value, maybe Bell takes on Ingram’s (non-existent) role.

CEH took a big hit in production after Bell signed. Williams may still have value, maybe Bell takes on Ingram’s (non-existent) role.
Could be wrong, but I thought Darrel Williams rather than Bell was the one to eat into CEH’s production.

Could be wrong, but I thought Darrel Williams rather than Bell was the one to eat into CEH’s production.

naw Google CEH production since Bell signing

Maybe Williams was part of that? but the first 6-7 games he had RB1 production which immediately tanked once Bell was on the roster

Last edited by a moderator:
naw Google CEH production since Bell signing

Maybe Williams was part of that? but the first 6-7 games he had RB1 production which immediately tanked once Bell was on the roster

I think part of that was a fluke though BL.   I vaguely remember CEH was nicked up several weeks later in the season which likely contributed to that as well.

I DO* remember pretty clearly most CEH owners #####ing that they never fully quite got what they hoped for when they drafted........

All the guys in my leagues watched the draft last year and wanted CEH everywhere. I think nearly every owner #####ed to me about his "lesser production" which they apparently thought would be sky high after the draft.

But I'm commissioner so I get those kinds of texts from league members.    :lol:

Regardless, I have CEH in one .25 ppr, and .25 PER CARRY  league.  Excited about the potential this year.

TZM

CEH 6 G before Bell: 107 rushes, 21 receptions, 46.5 snaps /g

CEH 7 G after Bell arrived: 74 rushes, 15 receptions, 39 snaps /g

last game before Bell - 30 touches

first 3 G w/ Bell - 9, 9, 8 touches

injuries? YES - 7 weeks after Bell arrived (missed WK 13, 16, 17)

its like you guys are on crazy pills 

It’s the Ty’son thread 

let’s move on

CEH 6 G before Bell: 107 rushes, 21 receptions, 46.5 snaps /g

CEH 7 G after Bell arrived: 74 rushes, 15 receptions, 39 snaps /g

last game before Bell - 30 touches

first 3 G w/ Bell - 9, 9, 8 touches

injuries? YES - 7 weeks after Bell arrived (missed WK 13, 16, 17)

its like you guys are on crazy pills 

It’s the Ty’son thread 

let’s move on

The most telling stat you bring up here is  "CEH 6 G before Bell: 107 rushes, 21 receptions, 46.5 snaps /g

CEH 7 G after Bell arrived: 74 rushes, 15 receptions, 39 snaps /g"

Then you said "last game before Bell - 30 touches". Thats just an absolute fluke or anomaly. Its not like he was getting 30 every game .

You can say I'm on crazy pills all you like, but I got texts from multiple owners in multiple games that CEH was on the sideline getting "looked at". Before week 13 too.  He eventually worked his way back in those games though from the best of my memory.  An injury to me, is one that causes a player to miss snaps or time playing, it doesn't necessarily mean hes OUT that week.  But anyway, like you said, carry on.

What kinda pills you got?   :lol:

Per carry?  Now that's just crazy talk.
Yes sir. .25 per reception, .25 per CARRY, and .25 for COMPLETIONS  for QB too.   I joined it 3 years ago, and I actually won the league the 1st year. (just a fluke though)

Its not as big of a difference as one might think.........but it definitely lends itself to workhorse RBs and top QBs.

Its a fun league with a refreshing scoring change from the standard ones I usually take part in.

TZM

I'm feeling a 2018 Philip Lindsay type season for Ty'Son. On films, he pops. Hot take - he's better than Gus Edwards. 

They had to sign somebody. Hard to imagine Bell eating into Williams' workload any more than Hill would have.  :shrug:
Cowherd and some NFL analyst (whose name escapes me) suggested that the Ravens reach out to Seattle for one of their backs particularly Penny for a late round pick

The ravens saw enough that they like from Bell so I have to imagine he is going to get some carries to see how he performs.  Something to monitor for sure.

Cowherd and some NFL analyst (whose name escapes me) suggested that the Ravens reach out to Seattle for one of their backs particularly Penny for a late round pick

The ravens saw enough that they like from Bell so I have to imagine he is going to get some carries to see how he performs.  Something to monitor for sure.
Again, they HAD to add a RB, there was 0% chance they were going to play this season with only 2. I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't add another one as well. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they liked what they saw from Bell, it could just mean they disliked him less than Freeman and Holyfield. The available RB cupboard is pretty bare.

If the Ravens liked Bell so much, why wouldn't they have pursued him sooner, before they lost 2 RBs for the season? Logic dictates that they liked Hill more than Bell since they weren't interested until he got hurt, so swapping those two shouldn't concern Williams owners IMO. Sure he'll likely get a few touches, but no reason to think it'll be more than Hill would have (or the average #3 RB).

Again, they HAD to add a RB, there was 0% chance they were going to play this season with only 2. I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't add another one as well. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they liked what they saw from Bell, it could just mean they disliked him less than Freeman and Holyfield. The available RB cupboard is pretty bare.

If the Ravens liked Bell so much, why wouldn't they have pursued him sooner, before they lost 2 RBs for the season? Logic dictates that they liked Hill more than Bell since they weren't interested until he got hurt, so swapping those two shouldn't concern Williams owners IMO. Sure he'll likely get a few touches, but no reason to think it'll be more than Hill would have (or the average #3 RB).
Fair points - this is the most run heavy team (or at least top three) in the league. 

Hill was very valuable as a special teams guy if not an RB, which makes the Bell signing curious unless they’re planning on bringing in another RB that can provide value there.

At the end of the day though,  Harbaugh is a pretty damn good coach. We’ll see if he saw something in Bell, or he’s just a break glass in case of emergency guy who, if nothing else, is better than anyone else out there.  

Could be they liked him but didn’t want to pay him the salar at the time. They are on the very bottom end of cap space.

Could be they liked him but didn’t want to pay him the salar at the time. They are on the very bottom end of cap space.
Possible, although doesn't seem likely. They still have some cap space (and it's easy to add more), if they really liked him they would have found a way to make it work (especially considering his contract is very likely minimal). The reality is they weren't even remotely interested until they lost 2 RBs for the season, and they worked him out at the same time as 2 other terrible RBs. They also tried to claim Royce Freeman before even bringing Bell in for a look.

Anyway, the point is that simply signing Bell doesn't necessarily mean they like him or more importantly plan on using him a lot. It doesn't move the needle for the other Baltimore RBs IMO, I don't think they are going to lose many touches to Bell and if they do, they very likely would have also lost them to Hill or whoever their #3 RB was anyway.

This doesn't make much sense. His price went up once there was a demand for his services. What ever they may not have wanted to pay him before certainly wasn't what they NEED to pay him now. 

Bottom line, if the Ravens thought he was better than what they had already they would have added him and cut the player they believed was the odd man out. So he is now a JAG, but a JAG who once had a good career and was productive. He hasn't been productive in a couple of years. If he had anything left in the tank Reid would have used him. 

All that said, I believe he gets some opportunity just due to the nature of the Ravens offense but he isn't worth adding and I wouldn't drop any Ravens back due to his presence either. 

Louis Riddick

@LRiddickESPN

What’s happening to the RB room with #Ravens is brutal and makes you sick. Injuries suck. In every way. Opportunity comes for those next in line - the nature of the game. Remember the name Ty’Son Williams. #34. This young man has size, quicks, speed, big time breakout ability.

I'm feeling a 2018 Philip Lindsay type season for Ty'Son. On films, he pops. Hot take - he's better than Gus Edwards. 

Possible, although they are very different RB's, of course. Mainly, Williams is a big ole' boy - 220 lbs. I believe Lindsay might be around 190 lbs.

This is how I see it.

Ty is getting an opportunity.

This is what I look for with an unknown RB.

Opportunity.  :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom

"Williams will start the season as the No. 2 back and get every opportunity to stick in that role if he's productive...At this point, Bell is more of a depth, complementary option...he's going to have to earn his opportunity in practice."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Tweet

Jeff Zrebiec@jeffzrebiec · Sep 7

Quick reaction to the Ravens adding Le'Veon Bell to their practice squad. https://theathletic.com/news/ravens-signing-rb-leveon-bell-to-practice-squad-sources/yDxssfru1v11 

I think the Bell signing is good for Edwards and Williams. Had the Ravens signed Mark Ingram, I think that would have been a bigger threat to this backfield.
It's a bit of apples and oranges though.  Ingram is currently rostered by Houston so it wasn't as simple as merely signing him.

Going to let the rest of my league battle it out by spending 40-50% of their season allotment of blind bid money on Edwards this week, and threw a $5 what-the-heck bid in on Williams. 

I would still temper my expectations for Ty’son. He’ll get a lot of play, but we don’t know if Harbaugh will give Bell a shot right away as the veteran. And as stated above, I can totally see Murray coming in as well.

Man, what a turn of events for the Ravens. Williams is the only lottery ticket RB I have on my roster and it looks like it should pay off. The corpse of Leveon Bell isn't going to hurt Williams a bit. The job is his to run with - no pun intended. 

Obviously BLT will add another RB to this mix too - but Williams will be given every opportunity to be the man. 

Users who are viewing this thread