What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ty Chandler, MIN (1 Viewer)

So...which guy is the better play?

I have Chandler in several decent size $$$ leagues.
I think the play is to bench both for a week and watch what happens.

Of course, not everyone can afford this at this point..... me included.

I might play Chandler as a desperation play in one spot.

:wall:

FWIW Mattison had a limited practice today. So he has not cleared protocol yet.
I thought that if he hasn't cleared it yet, then he can't participate at all...
Huh. Maybe.

Limited practice means individual drills.

There are steps in completing concussion protocol. I don't know all the details of that.

He likely did need to clear some parts of it to do limited practice. There would be more steps to do full practice.

Eta - there are 5 steps of the protocol. Light practice would be steps 2 to 4 which is light cardio to individual drills and the player is evaluated after each step to see if any signs of concussion symptoms are found after the light practice. The final step allows the player to do full practice which is team activities which includes contact with tackling dummies and so on. Then they evaluate again for concussion symptoms after this before clearing the player to play if they found nothing.

So Mattison is in step 2-4 right now. Full practice would be next then final evaluation to clear him to play.
Limited practice won't put him on the field this week. I highly doubt Mattison will get cleared on Saturday. It's rare for a player to clear the initial week of a concussion. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it is unlikely.
I think the only one who cleared was Purdy vs Cinn - and he was awful.

Hoping that they give Chandler a bit more run given how he produced a bit last week, while Mattison hasn't for the most part this year.

Hoping that they give Chandler a bit more run given how he produced a bit last week, while Mattison hasn't for the most part this year.
Funny how this incumbent thing works in the NFL. It's not as if Mattison is irreplaceable.

Debating between Chandler and Dillon in one league (non-PPR). Leaning towards Chandler just because Denver's run defense is pretty awful and it's fun to have players in the primetime games.

Chandler is the better rb and it's not really close.

Mattison was awesome when in his rookie and 2nd year but he fell off somewhere.

He hasn't produced crap this year and every time Chandler touches the ball he is much more productive and explosive.

A couple of the vikings players were miked up last week vs saints. One of those guys said about Chandler "he's my breakout candidate on this team".

Everybody including O'Connell knows Chandler is better. It won't be long because the vikings better figure out how to run the ball or teams will force them to be one dimensional.

I was going to start Chandler in two leagues but he’s back to the wire for me. He’s probably the better rb but for whatever reason the team seems to trust Mattison and I think you’ll see a healthy dose of him again tonight.

I was going to start Chandler in two leagues but he’s back to the wire for me. He’s probably the better rb but for whatever reason the team seems to trust Mattison and I think you’ll see a healthy dose of him again tonight.
I agree, but I am forced to start Chandler in 2 leagues unfortunately.

The thing about Mattison is that the Vikings trust him in pass protection and this is a passing offense.

I am as surprised as everyone else that Mattison might be active and play. This might be what he is doing though. Blocking.

Chandler had a 4.38 40 time at the combine. Mattison 4.67

Mattison still does things better than Chandler I think such as getting yards after contact, blocking, maybe better hands, but no question Chandler is the faster more explosive RB.

He’s tempting to play but can’t put him in a playoff game over Henry or Hall
I’m rolling out Ty, Hall, and Conner in one league. AJD broke his thumb, and Habe Davis is too unreliable to roll regardless, it out against a good Dallas D it feels like Ty would be a safer bet for high floor.

I’ve been waiting for a long time to start him, glad to finally have an excuse to! He was one of my favorite deep stashes dating back to last season.

I hope Chandler has a big day today.
I hope he just doesn't suck this always happens starter hurt you play backup and he pumpkins
Well, it’s not like Mattison was lighting the world on fire. :shrug:

I figure the threat of JJ should open some lanes.
I would love a 57 yard run for a TD.
That’s oddly specific but I’m on board. :hifive:
I’m like oddball (Donald Southerland) in Kelly’s Hereos.

I’ve been waiting for a long time to start him, glad to finally have an excuse to! He was one of my favorite deep stashes dating back to last season.
He’s looked pretty decent in spurts this year. A little more explosive than AM, and he seems to be a decent receiver.

Could be limited by the QB though.

Chandler has already paid off. I started him in 1 RTS Championship game over Ford where I had Mattison. :towelwave:
I benched him in a league where I started D-Hop over him in flex. Was a tough call. :confused:
Also have him in 2 leagues I have a bye of course so does not help. :laugh:
Also playing vs him in a playoff game :kicksrock:

This is why you can't go by rankings or projections yet I continue to go to the rankings. Not calling out FBG but they projected Chandler for 11.89 pts (not sure how you get .89 when you get 0.1 per yard) but let's call it 11.9 pts. Well guess what he already has 11.3 pts. Hopkins was projected for nearly 15 pts.....I went Hopkins now I feel sick.

Every week I say "No more looking at rankings they are always wrong" and every week I get in a tough call and look at rankings.

This is why you can't go by rankings or projections yet I continue to go to the rankings. Not calling out FBG but they projected Chandler for 11.89 pts (not sure how you get .89 when you get 0.1 per yard) but let's call it 11.9 pts. Well guess what he already has 11.3 pts. Hopkins was projected for nearly 15 pts.....I went Hopkins now I feel sick.

Every week I say "No more looking at rankings they are always wrong" and every week I get in a tough call and look at rankings.
There was always the chance he gets stuffed on that run and now he’s just at 4-5 points and the 11 point projection doesn’t look so off. How can anyone predict who scores a TD and who doesn’t? Didn’t it take Mattison like 12 weeks to score?

Started him in 2 places that really mattered but pulled him in a huge one right before kickoff.

Had two teams high up in the standings of two different national contests and both leagues had a Swift vs Chandler call. Told myself I'd go with Chandler no matter what, rankings did not seem to support my enthusiasm so I started to rethink and hedged and put in Swift in one team and Chandler in the other.

Even when Mattison returns the Vikings would be stupid to not replace him with Chandler as the starting RB, because it's not as if Mattison is that good. But they won't. They will continue to trot Mattison out there as the starter with that 3.9 yards per carry.

I've read reports Mattison acquired a high ankle sprain. He hasn't practiced all week so it's looking likely Chandler will be the guy this week against a tough Lions run D.

Anyone in ppr starting him this week? I'm agonizing on whether to play him or Montgomery.

Swift is another option for me and really torn who gets the call to start in my flex spot.

Chandler intrigues me because he will get plenty of volume but is that enough for him to be productive against a tough D?

I've read reports Mattison acquired a high ankle sprain. He hasn't practiced all week so it's looking likely Chandler will be the guy this week against a tough Lions run D.

Anyone in ppr starting him this week? I'm agonizing on whether to play him or Montgomery.

Swift is another option for me and really torn who gets the call to start in my flex spot.

Chandler intrigues me because he will get plenty of volume but is that enough for him to be productive against a tough D?
I would start Swift over Chandler. Detroit is very good vs the run (may be the poor pass D). Montgomery has the best chance of a TD, but Gibbs is getting a lot of touches.

I would start Swift over Chandler. Detroit is very good vs the run (may be the poor pass D). Montgomery has the best chance of a TD, but Gibbs is getting a lot of touches.

I would feel a lot better about Swift IF he was being used more on 3rd downs and if the Hurts tush-push wasn't robbing him of GL carries.

Swift had an excellent matchup with Seattle too and wet the bed.

I'm going to be agonizing over all of this up to game day......game hour,,,,game minute......arrrgh.

I would feel a lot better about Swift IF he was being used more on 3rd downs and if the Hurts tush-push wasn't robbing him of GL carries.

I'm going to be agonizing over all of this up to game day......game hour,,,,game minute......arrrgh.
Hurts at the goalline is why I didn’t choose Swift.

Hurts at the goalline is why I didn’t choose Swift.

Swift has the best matchup by far, therefore based on your recommendation as well, he gets the start for me this week......thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread