What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (1 Viewer)

Do you guys value him over a Miami rb currently? I’d have to drop one in a league for Tucker. I guess I could drop LaPorta. And then Richardson in another league for the handcuff/hype train.

If this is how you are going to talk to me. Don't. Low class.

If that was how you're going to talk to members of the board, file it away under "learning experience." Just wanted to let you know that your attitude and certitude did not go unnoticed. Tucker made the team and is second on the depth chart.

Good day.
I wish I had a dollar for every time I was wrong in this hobby, but being humble is a good thing.

Just seems silly to argue so vehemently, one way or the other, about a guy who's only had a handful of preseason touches. Second on the depth chart. That's a really good place to start off, sure. Plenty have ascended from there to stardom. Plenty have begun there and not done jack-crap.

Isn’t Whites ADP holding steady if not rising into this week? The fantasy world doesn’t seem to be buying the Tucker hype (nor am I).
Tough to get too excited, in redraft, about a #2 RB on a lesser team.

But, there is some talent in TB and they are not in a particularly strong division or conference. If they get a few bounces they may not be terrible.

Isn’t Whites ADP holding steady if not rising into this week? The fantasy world doesn’t seem to be buying the Tucker hype (nor am I).

But, there is some talent in TB and they are not in a particularly strong division or conference. If they get a few bounces they may not be terrible.
But does a team need to be really good for a RB to have fantasy value? I'm pretty sure Tucker's adept at catching the ball out of the backfield and if White struggles mightily out of the gate, it stands to reason Tucker would be given a shot and could see a ton of dumpoffs. And even if he's rushing the ball 12-15 times, with an average YPC he could prove to be quite valuable in terms of fantasy.

But does a team need to be really good for a RB to have fantasy value? I'm pretty sure Tucker's adept at catching the ball out of the backfield and if White struggles mightily out of the gate, it stands to reason Tucker would be given a shot and could see a ton of dumpoffs. And even if he's rushing the ball 12-15 times, with an average YPC he could prove to be quite valuable in terms of fantasy.
But White looked like a good pass catcher, despite the terrible OC last year.

Really good? No.

I think a lot of people are expecting White to be bad out of the gate and that feels premature. Tom Brady, or Byron Leftwich, was a liability to the run game. They essentially abandoned the run game before the season started. It felt as if the offensive line had zero practice reps in the run game in an effort to maximize their protection of Brady.

I don't expect that this season and look for a much more balanced approach from the Pete Carroll disciple. White may not be great but I expect the scheme to be better and an improvement in running efficiency.

How much time Tucker will see as the #2 RB is anyone's guess but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Carrollesque commitment to the #1 RB.

Agreed. Everyone be way more cool. If you see more of that kind of 3rd grade slap fight stuff, please report it.

It's Eminence. You're slow on the draw.
Reported the same but it appears to have been ignored... you reap what you sow.

ETA: turns out that this is apparently not Eminence. Got some background on this and while the behavior is eerily similar, apparently this a different protagonist. Truth be told, I wanted to use a different descriptor there, but out of respect for Joe, I will not. I stand corrected on my previous statement... but this guy was the problem, not the regular board members.

Last edited:
Agreed. Everyone be way more cool. If you see more of that kind of 3rd grade slap fight stuff, please report it.

It's Eminence. You're slow on the draw.
Reported the same but it appears to have been ignored... you reap what you sow.
It seems the report button is more of a pick and choose what they respond to. They say to report inappropriate content, but then it gets ignored a lot of times.

I want to get on board but my problem is the upside. TB seems like a train wreck and even if he ”hits” does it matter?

Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are still a formidable WR duo, I think Cade Otton is better than people think and they have two solid RBs. I think Baker Mayfield is also serviceable enough that they could be alright (for FF). Consider also that I don't really consider Carolina, New Orleans or Atlanta to be anything close to a sure favorite. 8-9 might win this division and if players have something to play for during the FF playoff stretch...

Mainly just arguing contrarian here but I don't see why their RBs can't be worthwhile for FF.

Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are still a formidable WR duo, I think Cade Otton is better than people think and they have two solid RBs. I think Baker Mayfield is also serviceable enough that they could be alright (for FF). Consider also that I don't really consider Carolina, New Orleans or Atlanta to be anything close to a sure favorite. 8-9 might win this division and if players have something to play for during the FF playoff stretch...

Mainly just arguing contrarian here but I don't see why their RBs can't be worthwhile for FF.
I agree. Baker was serviceable at times last year and has a better offense around him. If the oline can improve and things fall Tuckers way, it is possible we see this years Pacheco. It is not too far fetched to say he may already be the better compared to White, which could get him on the field earlier than we think. Probable, maybe not. But who thought Pacheco would have got as much run as he did last year?

And just FYI…he is listed 4th on the Buc‘s website depth chart…

Last edited:
Mainly just arguing contrarian here but I don't see why their RBs can't be worthwhile for FF
I feel the same way. In the future I’m always going to think of Seattle last year and avoid groupthink that fantasy situations are really that bad. Sometimes works out better than expected and volume is king - which is what White may have right now, and possibly Tucker if he’s all that and White struggles.

I want to get on board but my problem is the upside. TB seems like a train wreck and even if he ”hits” does it matter?
In re-draft, I am in agreement. In dynasty or a keeper league... Tucker is a priority speculative stash.
I agree with this and would like to do it. I am in a 10 team, 10 player keeper with 21 roster spots where White is my 4th RB. To grab Tucker I would have to drop one of Mostert, Eli Mitchell or Gainwell. Mostert will stay on the roster now after the failed JT trade. If Gainwell ends up being the #3 in Phily or worse, he might be the one to go for Tucker.

In re-draft, I am in agreement. In dynasty or a keeper league... Tucker is a priority speculative stash.
Idk I feel like he's a great last pick in redraft as well. I'm sorry but white is not good. Tucker is faster, stronger, was as good of a receiver as white in college, better goal line back, and would have been a higher draft pick then White if he didn't have the temporary heart issue.

Out of all the back fields in the league IMO this is the one that has the highest chance of the rb2 taking the rb1s spot simply from out performance. Tucker is basically free and no one you are taking with your last pick is close to the upside.

Any starting RB in the league is valuable. It's not like TB was good last year either and the rb1 throughout the year was valuable.

Idk I feel like he's a great last pick in redraft as well. I'm sorry but white is not good. Tucker is faster, stronger, was as good of a receiver as white in college, better goal line back, and would have been a higher draft pick then White if he didn't have the temporary heart issue.

Out of all the back fields in the league IMO this is the one that has the highest chance of the rb2 taking the rb1s spot simply from out performance. Tucker is basically free and no one you are taking with your last pick is close to the upside.

Any starting RB in the league is valuable. It's not like TB was good last year either and the rb1 throughout the year was valuable.
Agree on the any starting RB, look at Conner with ARZ the back half of last season.

The Tucker conversation has gotten so much more civil and productive... I guess when things don't go as one so adamantly predicts, they get really quiet. Nice.

:bag:

I don't completely discount Tucker in re-draft. He is just less of a priority, timing wise. In dynasty or a keeper league you almost surely had to pick him in your rookie draft. He passed through the rookie draft in my keeper league but only the first 2 of our 3 rounds are for offensive players. So it isn't easy to crack to the top 24. I passed on Roschon Johnson (and to a lesser extent Tucker) at #24 to take the top IDP DL, Will Anderson, Jr. Tucker slipped through our auction as well... he was on my radar as an end-of-auction $1 guy but I was able to pick up Jaylen Warren and Roschon at the very end and had them ranked clearly ahead of him. All that said, Tucker will be high on my FAAB priority list next weekend. Hopefully he doesn't break out week 1. :ninja:

I agree with this and would like to do it. I am in a 10 team, 10 player keeper with 21 roster spots where White is my 4th RB. To grab Tucker I would have to drop one of Mostert, Eli Mitchell or Gainwell. Mostert will stay on the roster now after the failed JT trade. If Gainwell ends up being the #3 in Phily or worse, he might be the one to go for Tucker.
I don't see Gainwell being anything more than COP #3 in Philly behind Swift/Penny. Jalen could steal 10 Tds himself.

Would you drop Spears for Tucker in redraft?

Absolutely not

Anyone else you can drop? Spears is one of the top cuffs this year especially with an aging Henry. I like both a lot

Even though Tucker has both his ACLs, no.

Not exactly news considering it was first reported back on Tuesday, it’s just Rotoworld being late to pick up on it. But thought I’d share their blurb from today anyway:

Sports Illustrated’s JC Allen reports Bucs rookie Sean Tucker will open the season as the No. 2 running back.

The undrafted rookie beat out Chase Edmonds and Ke’Shawn Vaughn for the job this preseason. Tucker has been repping with starters for weeks so this doesn’t come as a surprise. The Bucs’ RB2 role is a hedge with starting upside behind Rachaad White. Tucker’s profile is better than most Day 2 backs — rushing for over 3,000 yards as a three-year ACC starter — but medical concerns pushed him off draftboards. Standalone value may not be there for Tucker if Edmonds plays on pass downs, but Tucker is the zeroRB pivot if you’re betting against White.

Rotoworld (NBC) is late on everything now... their news blurbs are a fraction in frequency of what they used to be. And you can safely ignore the 'analysis'. The analysis is frequently factually inaccurate.

ETA: I've been giving Rotowire a look as an alternative and will do the same with the FBG's news section. I've always leaned on FBG's for their game day news update section... but Rotoworld has been my creature of habit for 20+ years now for their news blurbs and despite the signficant downturn, I typically naturally check the news there first. It is such a shell of what it used to be that I have to find an alternative. Sadly, I don't think any of the execs at NBC understand what the REAL value of Rotoworld was. It wasn't their rankings, columns or experts (although they've had some really good ones: Gregg Rosenthal, Evan Silva... and Matthew Pouliot on the baseball side). The value was being able to click on the Rotoworld news blurbs at any time and be brought up to date on anything newsworthy going on in the NFL, MLB or NBA. The 24-hour news blurbs with timely INFORMATION was the value.

Sorry for the hijack.

Last edited:
Also with a lot of grammatical errors. Seems like it's just a rushed print and post job to get something out there quickly.

Those who did not invest early (re-draft leagues mostly as I'm sure Tucker is rostered in most dynasty and keeper leagues already)... better hope White plays ok week 1. The opportunity cost for Tucker is only going to rise. Better get him in your week 2 waiver runs in re-drafts (unless you can prior to week 1)... and hope White did well enough week 1 to keep the cost down.

Those who did not invest early (re-draft leagues mostly as I'm sure Tucker is rostered in most dynasty and keeper leagues already)... better hope White plays ok week 1. The opportunity cost for Tucker is only going to rise. Better get him in your week 2 waiver runs in re-drafts (unless you can prior to week 1)... and hope White did well enough week 1 to keep the cost down.
Best last pick in redraft you could ask for this year. Grab him now so you don't have to use faab or waiver position after week one when it's more obvious to the non sharks.

Rotoworld (NBC) is late on everything now... their news blurbs are a fraction in frequency of what they used to be. And you can safely ignore the 'analysis'. The analysis is frequently factually inaccurate.

ETA: I've been giving Rotowire a look as an alternative and will do the same with the FBG's news section. I've always leaned on FBG's for their game day news update section... but Rotoworld has been my creature of habit for 20+ years now for their news blurbs and despite the signficant downturn, I typically naturally check the news there first. It is such a shell of what it used to be that I have to find an alternative. Sadly, I don't think any of the execs at NBC understand what the REAL value of Rotoworld was. It wasn't their rankings, columns or experts (although they've had some really good ones: Gregg Rosenthal, Evan Silva... and Matthew Pouliot on the baseball side). The value was being able to click on the Rotoworld news blurbs at any time and be brought up to date on anything newsworthy going on in the NFL, MLB or NBA. The 24-hour news blurbs with timely INFORMATION was the value.

Sorry for the hijack.
If you have a league on MFL, you can click on “player news” and it has updates aggregated from Rotowire and other places. I too decided to ditch Rotoworld and this is what I replaced it with.

Users who are viewing this thread