What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (1 Viewer)

I’m a little unclear of the status of Vaughn but… with how much off-season Tucker missed these first team reps might have more meaning than some of you are letting on.

I’m a little unclear of the status of Vaughn but… with how much off-season Tucker missed these first team reps might have more meaning than some of you are letting on.
Why assume that means they have more meaning? In my eyes his time missed could imply that they need to get him maximum work to get up to speed.

Assuming Jacobs reports to LVR, I'll be dropping Zamir White and putting in a bid for Tucker as soon as my dynasty league's blind bid waivers open up. The talent has always been there. Now that his medical issue seems to either be behind him or resolved, I'd love to have him as my end of bench lottery RB.

Why assume that means they have more meaning? In my eyes his time missed could imply that they need to get him maximum work to get up to speed.
Just simply because it has been with the first team and I assume ahead of Vaughn but I’m not sure of his health status. He could get plenty of time with the second team if they didn’t view him as potentially playing with the first team.

No way Vaughn is ever going to be ahead of Tucker in real games. Dude is the definition of below average
Vaughn is toast. I think he’s practice squad bound. I can see the Bucs starting the year with White RB1, Edmonds RB2, and Tucker RB3, and get Tucker more involved as the season goes on. In the meanwhile any talk of Tucker supplanting White as the starter is way premature. White has done nothing to lose the job, nor has Tucker shown enough to wrestle it away (not yet at least).

As far as lottery tickets go, Tucker is one of my favorites. Edmonds may begin the year as the backup on the depth chart, but Tucker is the handcuff to own.

Snagged him the 4th in my draft yesterday, but doubt anyone would've taken him if I didn't. 12 teams, 23 roster size with a requirement of two spots being kickers

Snagged him the 4th in my draft yesterday, but doubt anyone would've taken him if I didn't. 12 teams, 23 roster size with a requirement of two spots being kickers
Is this league ran by an ex-NFL kicker? Why would anyone require 1 kicker, let alone 2?
It's an effort to increase the value of kickers since they're such an afterthought. The idea being, if 24 kickers are already taken only the worst will remain, and it will increase their value until maybe they actually become an asset. Don't think it's really worked, still haven't seen a kicker trade, but that was the idea.

Is this league ran by an ex-NFL kicker? Why would anyone require 1 kicker, let alone 2?
It's an effort to increase the value of kickers since they're such an afterthought. The idea being, if 24 kickers are already taken only the worst will remain, and it will increase their value until maybe they actually become an asset. Don't think it's really worked, still haven't seen a kicker trade, but that was the idea.
What about punters?

No offense, but that sounds horrible.

Sean Tucker preseason stats:
My favorite part is that if you want to cover bye weeks, you actually have to briefly roster 3 Kickers unless you want to risk getting frozen out on the WW. :lol:

Horrible?!

🤷‍♂️ horrible seems a bit excessive

Come on, it's fun!

Come on, it's fun!
In all fairness, in one of my leagues kickers aren't required, but allowed to be played. So I do roster Justin Tucker and will play him in a pinch. He scores more than a lot of garbage RB, WRs and TEs.

My apologies. I didn’t realize there were so many staunch defenders of kickers in fantasy football these days.

My apologies. I didn’t realize there were so many staunch defenders of kickers in fantasy football these days.
Serious business

I hate kickers especially in dynasty leagues but I've seen people who embrace the RNG chaos that kickers provide. I've never cared enough of it though to push for the commish of my league to change it.

Also, yeah, how about that Sean Tucker guy!

all good, was trying to make a dry joke, guess I should've added and lol at the end 😂 fantasy football wise I think we've tried every angle to make kickers worth something, anything even if it's a fourth rounder, and nothing seems to work. The position is just too random.

Back to Tucker, I picked him up mainly because EBF likes him, and I've always respected his opinion. Cut Kyle Philips to snag him, seemed like an easy call. Had to pass on Jake Moody though :wink:

What about punters?
Having Punters is awesome. No more turning to another game when it's fourth down and I will go to my punter's game when it's fourth down. It's actually pretty fun rooting for punters.

Has reportedly made the 53. Would have been a tremendous letdown had he not, but the possibility was talked about.
Big surprise to Bucs' fans is Vaughn also made the team and they're only keeping 5 WRs.
Hey every team needs an RB3.
Chase Edmonds. But, I still think Tucker carves out a nice role before year's end. He's tailor made for this offense.
I think he carves out a nice role early in the season but it will be fun to watch.

Has reportedly made the 53. Would have been a tremendous letdown had he not, but the possibility was talked about.
Good for him, though sometimes there's late movement on these things. The guys at the back of the roster are never safe.

After diving into this RB class more over the past few days, I just want to reiterate how baffling it is that he didn't get drafted, unless it was solely down to the medicals. He's no worse than RB10 in this class, and probably quite a bit better than that.

Let's see what happens. No bold predictions here, but certainly White/Vaughn/Edmonds is about as mediocre as a backfield competition is ever going to be on paper. It's a long season and if Tucker sticks on the 53, it's almost inevitable that he'll get some sort of audition.

Added to back of roster. Seems like a decent hold for a bit to see what happens. Guys ahead of him aren't spectacular.
In ppr 16 round redraft 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, flex, k, D/st, I selected Kenneth Gainwell as my 5th rb at 15.03 and decided last night to drop gain well to pick up Tucker.

Added to back of roster. Seems like a decent hold for a bit to see what happens. Guys ahead of him aren't spectacular.
In ppr 16 round redraft 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, flex, k, D/st, I selected Kenneth Gainwell as my 5th rb at 15.03 and decided last night to drop gain well to pick up Tucker.
Easy decision. Let's see you have a worthless guy who you have to pray it's his week to fall into the end zone or he literally gets you less then 5 points or the guy who has a chance to over take a jag in front of him through either out playing or injury.

Easy decision. Let's see you have a worthless guy who you have to pray it's his week to fall into the end zone or he literally gets you less then 5 points or the guy who has a chance to over take a jag in front of him through either out playing or injury.
My thoughts exactly.

I already have him in a dynasty or two, but opted to take him with my last pick in a Guillotine league draft last night. RBs went fast and furious and I ended up with basically no depth, so having a nice lotto ticket like Tucker seemed to be the way to go at the end of the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread