What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (2 Viewers)

Will we see a reliable report anywhere on this or are we screwed since it’s the Pats?
He's already listed as Out for Thursday.

Next step is to see if they put him on IR - if they don't, then it's at least possible he comes back for a game or two this year. And if they do, he's out until week 18 at the earliest.

Will we see a reliable report anywhere on this or are we screwed since it’s the Pats?
He's already listed as Out for Thursday.

Next step is to see if they put him on IR - if they don't, then it's at least possible he comes back for a game or two this year. And if they do, he's out until week 18 at the earliest.
My bad, meant for longer term playoff viability.
I don’t think that’s a good option.

Good rule of thumb is if you're not sure who the handcuff would be, then they're not really a handcuff. With Chiefs, I guess it would be Clyde, but not sure what McKinnon's status is these days. Considering KC's offense is underwhelming, I'm having trouble seeing the value here.

I guess what it comes down to is: Let's say Pacheco went down and you had Clyde or McKinnon or whoever. Would you start them over what's currently on your roster/what's available on the WW?
I wrote this post when a Pacheco injury was purely theoretical. News that he's missed practice the past two days has me rethinking it slightly.

Still don't think it's anything close to an obvious handcuff situation. But I'm definitely keeping an eye on things. If he doesn't practice tomorrow I'd definitely consider adding McKinnon ... unless reports are that CEH will be getting the bulk of the carries

Good rule of thumb is if you're not sure who the handcuff would be, then they're not really a handcuff. With Chiefs, I guess it would be Clyde, but not sure what McKinnon's status is these days. Considering KC's offense is underwhelming, I'm having trouble seeing the value here.

I guess what it comes down to is: Let's say Pacheco went down and you had Clyde or McKinnon or whoever. Would you start them over what's currently on your roster/what's available on the WW?
I wrote this post when a Pacheco injury was purely theoretical. News that he's missed practice the past two days has me rethinking it slightly.

Still don't think it's anything close to an obvious handcuff situation. But I'm definitely keeping an eye on things. If he doesn't practice tomorrow I'd definitely consider adding McKinnon ... unless reports are that CEH will be getting the bulk of the carries
Yep I just dropped Stevenson for mckinnon

Rhamondre Stevenson (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Stevenson was reportedly expected to miss “several weeks” after suffering an ankle injury in Week 13. A DNP on Wednesday all but confirms that he will be out for Week 15. Ezekiel Elliott racked up 29 touches for 140 yards and a touchdown last week. He will sit at the top of the RB2 ranks for the opening round of the fantasy playoffs.

32BeatWriters
“Stevenson is still the team’s No. 1 running back. That doesn’t change. The Patriots have high hopes for what he can do in new offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt’s scheme, which borrows largely from the zone concepts the Cleveland Browns utilized in building a strong running game.

But even if Gibson’s role is quite well defined, it’s still meaningful depth at an important spot. Gibson is only two years removed from a 1,000-yard season. If Stevenson gets hurt, Gibson can take on a larger role. Gibson turns 26 this summer.”

Any idea of where Rhamondre is going to go in redraft? For obvious reasons I'll take him over Antonio Gibson. What we thinking, Round 5/6? This year is his last year on his contract and he'll want to show off to get a big deal from somebody.

He was really good in 2022. Great RB3, potential RB2 if you want to load up on WR early. I just can't get a feel of what the consensus is on him, I assume fantasy geeks will draft him early, but he did burn people as a 2nd/3rd Round redraft pick last year. I'd love to buy low in redraft, I don't mention Dynasty because those owners are typically smarter, but if you get somebody spooked by Gibson, you might be able to pry him away on the cheap.

Any idea of where Rhamondre is going to go in redraft? For obvious reasons I'll take him over Antonio Gibson. What we thinking, Round 5/6? This year is his last year on his contract and he'll want to show off to get a big deal from somebody.

He was really good in 2022. Great RB3, potential RB2 if you want to load up on WR early. I just can't get a feel of what the consensus is on him, I assume fantasy geeks will draft him early, but he did burn people as a 2nd/3rd Round redraft pick last year. I'd love to buy low in redraft, I don't mention Dynasty because those owners are typically smarter, but if you get somebody spooked by Gibson, you might be able to pry him away on the cheap.
Seen him going around RB24 and around round 10. I'd personally be targeting him by round 8 and closer to RB18ish; ahead of guys he's currently behind including Pollard, Charbs, Jaylen Warren, etc. (Though I do like the prospects of Warren now with Wilson in town for the Steelers).

Seen him going around RB24 and around round 10. I'd personally be targeting him by round 8 and closer to RB18ish; ahead of guys he's currently behind including Pollard, Charbs, Jaylen Warren, etc. (Though I do like the prospects of Warren now with Wilson in town for the Steelers).

Oh wow!! That's wild. I think he presents incredible value then, thank you for sharing.

Good a place as any to post this, I suppose . . .

In 5 years as an offensive coordinator (even though he wasn't calling plays), here are the average rankings for the offenses that Alex Van Pelt was associated with (2009 BUF and 2020-23 CLE):

Ranked 18.8 in offensive yardage
Ranked 15 in points scored
Ranked 8.2 in rushing yards
Ranked 24.4 in passing yards

@32BeatWriters
“On a day that saw the Patriots offense focus on early-down work, Rhamondre Stevenson had plenty to do. Not only did he take a number of zone handoffs. But he was also targeted both in the screen game and the traditional drop-back passing game. He appeared quick and looked well-conditioned.”
I clicked on this topic holding my breath.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm trying to trade him where ever i can while he is potentially worth something (here is a hint he is barely worth something and nobody will take him)
I think you’re selling Stevenson short (or at least attempting to). I wouldn’t call an ADP of 65 (RB20) “barely worth something”. New look offense, no more Mac, team didn’t draft his replacement, no Zeke to steal away reps, contract year. He was starting to look like himself again when he was RB14 for a 3-game stretch prior to his season-ending injury. His arrow is pointing up.

If neither you nor your leaguemates can see Stevenson’s value right now then I advise you wait for some games to be played first. You might even be pleasantly surprised.

@32BeatWriters
“On a day that saw the Patriots offense focus on early-down work, Rhamondre Stevenson had plenty to do. Not only did he take a number of zone handoffs. But he was also targeted both in the screen game and the traditional drop-back passing game. He appeared quick and looked well-conditioned.”
I clicked on this topic holding my breath.

I was pleasantly surprised.
Glad I wasn’t the only one lol

I'm trying to trade him where ever i can while he is potentially worth something (here is a hint he is barely worth something and nobody will take him)
I think you’re selling Stevenson short (or at least attempting to). I wouldn’t call an ADP of 65 (RB20) “barely worth something”. New look offense, no more Mac, team didn’t draft his replacement, no Zeke to steal away reps, contract year. He was starting to look like himself again when he was RB14 for a 3-game stretch prior to his season-ending injury. His arrow is pointing up.

If neither you nor your leaguemates can see Stevenson’s value right now then I advise you wait for some games to be played first. You might even be pleasantly surprised.

Or in a stagnant NE offense with no wr threats and a rookie QB he looks terrible and isn't worth anything at all

People are offering 3rd and 4th round picks for the guy so it's not like his demand is completely gone but this time last year you are probably flipping him for a first or multiple picks

Or in a stagnant NE offense with no wr threats and a rookie QB he looks terrible and isn't worth anything at all

People are offering 3rd and 4th round picks for the guy so it's not like his demand is completely gone but this time last year you are probably flipping him for a first or multiple picks
History is full of RBs who have eaten despite having subpar passing offense around them. The bigger issue to me is the stability of the offensive line, which to be fair is still a question mark. Last season I don’t think the Patriots dressed the same five starters on the OL for back to back weeks all season. On the plus side the team did invest 3rd and 4th round picks in hopes to address that this year. I’m cautiously optimistic we see a bounceback year from Stevenson as the team moves away from the Erhardt-Perkins offense. I definitely wouldn’t settle for 3rd-4th round rookie picks for him as that’s just giving him away. He should be a hold for you.

MJD was a league-winner on some truly terrible Jacksonville teams.

Those offers tell me more that your leaguemates are either lowballing you or think you’re a sucker. Or both.

I was recently offered 2.04 for him, which I declined as I lacked the depth.

History is full of RBs who have eaten despite having subpar passing offense around them. The bigger issue to me is the stability of the offensive line, which to be fair is still a question mark. Last season I don’t think the Patriots dressed the same five starters on the OL for back to back weeks all season. On the plus side the team did invest 3rd and 4th round picks in hopes to address that this year. I’m cautiously optimistic we see a bounceback year from Stevenson as the team moves away from the Erhardt-Perkins offense. I definitely wouldn’t settle for 3rd-4th round rookie picks for him as that’s just giving him away. He should be a hold for you.

I am holding him for sure. Would never trade him for that. But given all the uncertainty around the NE offense (and there is lots) there are zero buyers for him right now

History is full of RBs who have eaten despite having subpar passing offense around them
Breece Hall was a league winner for me last year - that Jets offense was putrid. Brissett is 1,000,000x better than anyone NYJ rolled out.

For every Breece Hall there are 20 rbs that didn't feast on subpar teams and had terrible seasons.

Hall also >>>> Stevenson (36th pick and consider best in class vs 120th pick)

And I'm not trading him just pointing out there is a ton of risk around him right now. NE comes out with 3 games in a row where they put up 10 pts and Stevenson has 50 yards he is worth absolute zero

If you were thinking of trading him it was the beginning of last year...he's a hold and a potential screw up your year kind of position now where you keep starting him hoping for something and don't get it

History is full of RBs who have eaten despite having subpar passing offense around them
Breece Hall was a league winner for me last year - that Jets offense was putrid. Brissett is 1,000,000x better than anyone NYJ rolled out.

For every Breece Hall there are 20 rbs that didn't feast on subpar teams and had terrible seasons.

Not saying they’re the same caliber of player. Just saying a RB can be in a terrible offense and still do well.

Maybe a better name then - Chuba Hubbard. He put up ~20 points a week in an awful CAR offense.

RS >> Chuba

there are zero buyers for him right now
In your league.

I’ve rejected several offers in the last week alone. Some more decent than others.

I'd love to get rid of him but I can't...wish I was in your league :)

I do consider this my expert league. Guys been doing this for 35 years together and all pretty hard core about it
Not saying you play with bad managers.

But it seems like you happen to be in a league with a bunch of like-Minded folks who either 1. Genuinely don’t believe in RS value, or 2. Do, but want to buy him on the cheap.

If I could get him for a 3rd id instantly trade for him in every league.

And I'm not trading him just pointing out there is a ton of risk around him right now. NE comes out with 3 games in a row where they put up 10 pts and Stevenson has 50 yards he is worth absolute zero

If you were thinking of trading him it was the beginning of last year...he's a hold and a potential screw up your year kind of position now where you keep starting him hoping for something and don't get it
For what its worth, 2023 Breece Hall, and 2022 Rhamondre Stevenson weren't all that far apart.

I'm not saying they should be valued close to the same way, but I think its unfair to Stevenson to treat him as some random 120th pick. He's proven a lot since then.

I will say, I think NE's offense could be a lot better than people think it will be. Van Pelt was potentially a huge addition as OC, Maye/Brissett is a QB upgrade (potentially a gigantic one) and if one or both of Polk/Baker hit (Polk is especially underrated I think) this could be a league average offense.

The bigger issue to me is the stability of the offensive line, which to be fair is still a question mark.
LG Cole Strange apparently is trying to come back from a severe knee injury. He's not even week-to-week. He has been labelled month-to-month, and he is expected to miss the beginning of the season with no timetable given for him being able to get back on the field. Nick Leverett took his spot yesterday in OTAs. They tried former benched Steeler Chukwuma Okorafor and rookie developmental project Caeden Wallace at LT. Stevenson owners should be very concerned about the OL. The Pats ranked 25th in ypc and 26th in rushing attempts, rushing yards, and rushing TD last year. I don't know if the OL got worse, but I am not that sure it got any better.

Last edited:

For what its worth, 2023 Breece Hall, and 2022 Rhamondre Stevenson weren't all that far apart.

I'm not saying they should be valued close to the same way, but I think its unfair to Stevenson to treat him as some random 120th pick. He's proven a lot since then.

I will say, I think NE's offense could be a lot better than people think it will be. Van Pelt was potentially a huge addition as OC, Maye/Brissett is a QB upgrade (potentially a gigantic one) and if one or both of Polk/Baker hit (Polk is especially underrated I think) this could be a league average offense.
I agree that his original draft position doesn't matter at this point, The problem is, he's a 26 year old RB who really only has one good fantasy year under his belt and is on a team with a lot of questions on offense. I actually think he has a chance to have a pretty good year this year, but not too many dynasty owners are going to be willing to give up a lot for him. I'm holding him in the leagues where I own him. Maybe he'll have more trade value in-season.

I agree that his original draft position doesn't matter at this point, The problem is, he's a 26 year old RB who really only has one good fantasy year under his belt and is on a team with a lot of questions on offense. I actually think he has a chance to have a pretty good year this year, but not too many dynasty owners are going to be willing to give up a lot for him. I'm holding him in the leagues where I own him. Maybe he'll have more trade value in-season.

This is exactly my situation and what I'm finding out there

This is exactly my situation and what I'm finding out there
I traded for him as part of a package deal, but then got an offer for him that I couldn't refuse (1st rounder next year that should be a top 5-8 pick) so I moved him despite being super thin at RB.

Think he will have a solid year and be a good RB 2 but if someone is willing to overpay, got to take a hard look.

I traded for him as part of a package deal, but then got an offer for him that I couldn't refuse (1st rounder next year that should be a top 5-8 pick) so I moved him despite being super thin at RB.

Think he will have a solid year and be a good RB 2 but if someone is willing to overpay, got to take a hard look.
Yeah, I got him as a balancing piece in a trade for Pittman.

And since I really only had Breece + Conner, he was much needed depth.

But I’d deal him for a 2025 1st in a heartbeat. Along with any other RB not in the top 5-6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread