What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Carson, SEA - 10.7.21 - Neck Issue (1 Viewer)

Watched the game.  Yes Sea o line is bad in this game but Carson has the physicality to make something out of nothing.   I think PC was giving both backs an audition tonight.  Carson won that battle because he started the second half and was the primary carrier.  He also got a goal line carry and played meaningful snaps when they were trying to tie the game.  I noticed on his 10 yard catch how fluid his route running was.  Didn't know he is a good pass catcher.  Also I watched every down he was in and he made all his blocks.  Wilson got sacked because of his oline.

Need to mention his 30 yard run.  He juked left and was nothing there then made this nice cut back right side.  Know who he reminds me of?   A young Lynch.  Not the fastest back but very physical and elusive.  Can create on his own.  Can block and catch.

I don't think he's the starter yet.  He now has to get over Rawls.  Who is listed as the starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had one nice run for 30 yes then 5 carries for 9. I'd slow the collective roll on Carson until Rawls comes back and then we'll see. NFL Films guru Greg Cosell studied Carsons preseason she said he gets what's blocked but in general a JAG.

rawdog said:
He had one nice run for 30 yes then 5 carries for 9. I'd slow the collective roll on Carson until Rawls comes back and then we'll see. NFL Films guru Greg Cosell studied Carsons preseason she said he gets what's blocked but in general a JAG.
A lot of people do this.  Take away the biggest gain and try to downplay overall stats.  That 30 yard run happened.  And he did average 6.5 ypc.  This is why you need to give more credit than deserved.  He did this despite that shotty oline.

steelwind said:
Watched the game.  Yes Sea o line is bad in this game but Carson has the physicality to make something out of nothing.   I think PC was giving both backs an audition tonight.  Carson won that battle because he started the second half and was the primary carrier.  He also got a goal line carry and played meaningful snaps when they were trying to tie the game.  I noticed on his 10 yard catch how fluid his route running was.  Didn't know he is a good pass catcher.  Also I watched every down he was in and he made all his blocks.  Wilson got sacked because of his oline.

Need to mention his 30 yard run.  He juked left and was nothing there then made this nice cut back right side.  Know who he reminds me of?   A young Lynch.  Not the fastest back but very physical and elusive.  Can create on his own.  Can block and catch.

I don't think he's the starter yet.  He now has to get over Rawls.  Who is listed as the starter.
I was at the game today.  Haven't watched a replay of it yet.  Lacy looked absolutely horrible. He didn't have any blocking, but even so, he was awful.

Carson didn't really have much blocking either, but he looked like he belongs in the NFL.  His stock had to go up after this game if for no other reason than Lacy looked completely done.

rawdog said:
I think his ~3 yd run was more impressive than his 30 yarder...

A lot of people do this.  Take away the biggest gain and try to downplay overall stats.  That 30 yard run happened.  And he did average 6.5 ypc.  This is why you need to give more credit than deserved.  He did this despite that shotty oline.
B/c one play can be an outlier. Yes, made a nice cutback and it was wide open but it ends up skewing the stats. Go YouTube Rawls' 27-161 performance vs Det last January to remind yourself what he is.

He did.  I bet Seattle still runs him out there though
i think he's got a body of work that gives him more chances than Carson at this point. that said, Pete Carroll is one of the few coaches that will actually play his best players. Lacy isn't one of his best and is getting passed by the rookie.

rawdog said:
So, based on this logic, if you take away Lacy's long run of 6 yards, he went 4 carries for -3 yards.  I'll take 5 for 9.

B/c one play can be an outlier. Yes, made a nice cutback and it was wide open but it ends up skewing the stats. Go YouTube Rawls' 27-161 performance vs Det last January to remind yourself what he is.
Based on Rawls career thus far that game could be considered an outlier as well.

Rawls doesn't exactly have a strong record of success in the NFL yet seems to get treated as such by some people in the fantasy community. He has five good games, one of those games in 2016.

Based on Rawls career thus far that game could be considered an outlier as well.

Rawls doesn't exactly have a strong record of success in the NFL yet seems to get treated as such by some people in the fantasy community. He has five good games, one of those games in 2016.
When Rawls has had 15+ rushing attempts, he's gone over 100 yards in 2/3 of them - exactly 6 out of 9 times. Three times he went over 150. When healthy, he's been very good.

I guess two qualifiers isn't so bad. Touches and being healthy.

He has definitely had some clunker games though, especially last season.

Curious why everyone is so afraid of Rawls. The guy can't stay on the field.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.
Lacy looked horrible in the preseason and abysmal yesterday.  I think in a few weeks time its going to be the CC show especially if Rawls cant get right.

The whole offense looked terrible. Next week at home against SF will give a better idea of what's going on. If I were guessing I'd say Rawls when healthy is the main guy. Lacy is on really thin ice (insert fat joke here). Carson is great speculative bench spot.

Yeah, it looks like Carson and Rawls are the backs to own. I have both, thankfully. Good job, C-man, for getting me invested in the Seattle backfield. 

Ugh.  

I'm doing exactly that. I'm holding Bell, Zeke, Crowell, and now Rawls and Carson via draft and FA pickup before first game. 

The three-spot was sweet. I may not win, but this is my best team ever.  

Chris Carson played 26-of-49 snaps in the Seahawks' Week 1 loss to the Packers.

C.J. Prosise played 16 while Eddie Lacy was left in the dust with seven. Carson was also the most effective of the trio, rushing six times for 39 yards. Thomas Rawls should get his crack at the starting job once he returns from injury, which could be as early as this week, but Carson has staked his claim as at worst the No. 2 back. He needs to be added in all leagues.

Lacy was slow and plodding, while Carson looked like he had some jump to him. Also helps that SEA is one of the few teams that will ignore pedigree and just plays guys based upon how they play

"He's a physical runner. He's got the style that we look for, the tenacity that we look for, and he embodies who we want to be. And he looked healthy. As long as he's healthy, he's that guy."

- Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, on RB Thomas Rawls (September 2016)

Now granted the quote is a year old, and the health is absolutely a valid concern, but the stuff about how Rawls "embodies who we want to be" should stand out. Especially given what Lynch was for that team for so many years.

"He's a physical runner. He's got the style that we look for, the tenacity that we look for, and he embodies who we want to be. And he looked healthy. As long as he's healthy, he's that guy."

Now granted the quote is a year old, and the health is absolutely a valid concern, but the stuff about how Rawls "embodies who we want to be" should stand out. Especially given what Lynch was for that team for so many years.
I think what should stand out more are "as long as he's healthy" and the fact they added 2 RBs since then. 

I think what should stand out more are "as long as he's healthy" and the fact they added 2 RBs since then. 
Added two and let two go.

If you want to argue that there is a world of difference between Lacy and Christine Michael, or Collins and Carson, then knock yourself out.

Added two and let two go.

If you want to argue that there is a world of difference between Lacy and Christine Michael, or Collins and Carson, then knock yourself out.
I'm not here to argue. just saying that's a quote from a long time ago. things change. And the reality is availability is the best ability sometimes. 

We get to see it soon enough. rawls will play this week. In about a month, we will know.

Decent start. I have him on the bench but I want to hear what Carroll says and what he does this week with the playing time before I put him in. It reminds me a bit of the year I stashed Rawls. Might have to wait a month a 2 before we get to the good part.

Alex P Keaton said:
I have no clue what this means.  Can you unpack it a bit?
I was responding to the other guy pointing out that the Seahawks added 2 RBs.

While that is true, it'd be more accurate to say that they added 2 RBs, and let 2 RBs go.

Furthermore, the two they added (Lacy, Carson) aren't appreciably different (IMO) than the two they lost (Michael, Collins).

rawls sucks slightly less than lacy...he's been hurt almost as long as lacy has been fat.  The Seahags are begging for Carson to take down those turdbags.

Last edited by a moderator:
davearm said:

I think the comments about Rawls being a physical runner and that being the style of RB they are looking for in their offense describes Carsons game exactly. And he is healthy.

Rawls is talented. And Carroll said he is playing this week.

Stash Carson sure but I wouldn't expect an immediate return.

Id say less than 30% he is a startable rb2 for multiple consecutive weeks this season. The OL is trash. Prosise & Rawls have some talent. 

Rawls is talented. And Carroll said he is playing this week.

Stash Carson sure but I wouldn't expect an immediate return.

Id say less than 30% he is a startable rb2 for multiple consecutive weeks this season. The OL is trash. Prosise & Rawls have some talent. 
Carson will have value if Rawls is injured. 

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries, Rawls is the lead dog as of today, add in Prosise, Carson, it be a different back each week, plus with a suspect o line, no one is better then a weak RB 4.  Full disclosure as an Eddie owner (not for long), and with Carson on my leagues WW, I running away from this mess.

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries, Rawls is the lead dog as of today, add in Prosise, Carson, it be a different back each week, plus with a suspect o line, no one is better then a weak RB 4.  Full disclosure as an Eddie owner (not for long), and with Carson on my leagues WW, I running away from this mess.
The hope is that Carson will be startable later in the season. It can be either a genius move or blow up in your face, that's fantasy

Drop Lacy, Add Carson. 

enjoy.

Lacy looked horrible on Sunday.  He should be cut.

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries
I'm not so sure abt that. I posted something in the lacy thread abt lacy only getting 7 total snaps. I didn't pay that close of attention but I'm pretty sure all 7 of those were in the first half and probably most in the first quarter, after that it was Carson leading the way with 27 I think and then prosise at 16. Seems like Pete realized lacy wasn't going to do anything so stopped putting him in the game. Probably would only take a couple more carries without much yardage and he won't see the field at all unless multiple guys get hurt. Sadly I say this as a lacy owner

Users who are viewing this thread