What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chase Edmonds, TB (2 Viewers)

Can't understand why this guy isn't in more demand.
Because he’s built like Legolas from LOTR?
I'm not sure this means what you think it means.
It’s a joke. People think he’s tiny and can’t be a workhorse. It’s not a mystery why he isn’t ranked higher.
I understood that it was a joke. But...Legolas would be 1.01 in any format in any sport for 1000 years.

Can't understand why this guy isn't in more demand.
Because he’s built like Legolas from LOTR?
I'm not sure this means what you think it means.
It’s a joke. People think he’s tiny and can’t be a workhorse. It’s not a mystery why he isn’t ranked higher.
I understood that it was a joke. But...Legolas would be 1.01 in any format in any sport for 1000 years.
Lol. He did have mad skillz.

Edmonds had 5 touches in the game vs LV. He looked good on the improvised 14 yard catch when Tua scrambled to his left, and the 4 yard catch where he broke a tackle to get the 1st down. His upside is limited by how much Mostert plays - he's ready but hasn't played in preseason as a precaution. And Michel as a short yardage back. With the Dolphins likely to keep 3 QBs, given how well Skylar has played, there is an outside chance Michel doesn't make the team in favor of a back who can play special teams. Or Michel could be inactive on game day. TBD.

He plays in Miami now...

it's dangerous to predict a guy that has problems being available all the time. There is a lot to like in terms of improved OL, weapons at Receiver, talent around him but you still have a team with vertical issues that revolves around the QB, that wasn't the case in Arizona. I think some folks might be disappointed on his production if he can even stay healthy week in and week out.

Mostert looked good, speedy, on his first carry of pre-season, a 26 yard run around the right side. As long as he's healthy, this limits Edmond's upside.
I don’t think one carry will change things, but Edmonds will indeed have to fight off Michel and Mostert. At least he should have the passing work to himself.

Chase Edmonds won't be asked to carry the ball like a lead back, those carries IMHO will be split amongst the Phins but if you watched tonight, Miami racked up 200 yds on the ground.

If you look at his game logs in 2020, most of the time he is taking a handful of carries, almost all single digit number of rush attempts. He once ran it 25x against Miami of all teams.
In 2021 he had a few games where is in the 12-15 range, missed some time and had a couple games the end of the year where he has north of 15 touches. And how many catches is he going to have behind Hill,Waddle, Wilson, TEs, he's not a sure thing for 50+ receptions but maybe he will.

150 and 159 touches past 2 seasons, 200-225/240 would be a major improvement.

Mostert looked good tonight, if he can stay healthy he's going to get a decent share of the carries.

Chase Edmonds won't be asked to carry the ball like a lead back, those carries IMHO will be split amongst the Phins but if you watched tonight, Miami racked up 200 yds on the ground.

If you look at his game logs in 2020, most of the time he is taking a handful of carries, almost all single digit number of rush attempts. He once ran it 25x against Miami of all teams.
In 2021 he had a few games where is in the 12-15 range, missed some time and had a couple games the end of the year where he has north of 15 touches. And how many catches is he going to have behind Hill,Waddle, Wilson, TEs, he's not a sure thing for 50+ receptions but maybe he will.

150 and 159 touches past 2 seasons, 200-225/240 would be a major improvement.

Mostert looked good tonight, if he can stay healthy he's going to get a decent share of the carries.
Every year there is some hyped up Miami RB that is gonna be a stud that can be had in the middle rounds. Every year I ignore this info because Miami has been awful at running the ball for half a decade. Until they prove they can do it, I’m steering clear and going to a better watering hole.

Every year that narrative proves false by about week 2.

Myles Gaskin lead with 600 yards and 3 TDs last year.

Myles Gaskin lead with 584 yards and 3 TDs in 2020.

Eeesh. Ryan Fitzpatrick lead the rushing in 2019 with 243 yards.

Frank Gore had 770 scoreless yards in 2018 ahead of Drake.

Ajayai and Drake 465 and 644 yards disrespectfully in 2017.

Ahhh 2016! The last 1000 yard rusher for Miami with Ajayai with a respectful 1272 and 8 TDs.

Every year there is some hyped up Miami RB that is gonna be a stud that can be had in the middle rounds. Every year I ignore this info because Miami has been awful at running the ball for half a decade. Until they prove they can do it, I’m steering clear and going to a better watering hole.

Every year that narrative proves false by about week 2.

Myles Gaskin lead with 600 yards and 3 TDs last year.

Myles Gaskin lead with 584 yards and 3 TDs in 2020.

Eeesh. Ryan Fitzpatrick lead the rushing in 2019 with 243 yards.

Frank Gore had 770 scoreless yards in 2018 ahead of Drake.

Ajayai and Drake 465 and 644 yards disrespectfully in 2017.

Ahhh 2016! The last 1000 yard rusher for Miami with Ajayai with a respectful 1272 and 8 TDs.
A few different coaching staffs with different schemes and different QBs. I am not worried about what happened 6 years ago when Adam Gase, Jay Cutler and Kalen Ballage were playing for the Dolphins. They had a lot of poor players and got poor results. Tua, Chase and thew new HC might also turn out to be busts but it won't have anything to do with Brian Flores, Josh Rosen or Myles Gaskin.

A few different coaching staffs with different schemes and different QBs. I am not worried about what happened 6 years ago when Adam Gase, Jay Cutler and Kalen Ballage were playing for the Dolphins. They had a lot of poor players and got poor results. Tua, Chase and thew new HC might also turn out to be busts but it won't have anything to do with Brian Flores, Josh Rosen or Myles Gaskin.
I get it. I really do. Just pointing out why I’m personally not touching a Miami running back. Even at round 7, there’s too much value around that pick at both the RB and WR position for me to waste a pick on Edmonds.

But that’s just like… my opinion… man.

I get it. I really do. Just pointing out why I’m personally not touching a Miami running back. Even at round 7, there’s too much value around that pick at both the RB and WR position for me to waste a pick on Edmonds.

But that’s just like… my opinion… man.
Idk. He’s being drafted right around where Gaskins finished ( 30ish RB in standard). I’d rather have a few others in that range (like Pollard), but I think his floor is safer and he’s a serviceable RB3 with a good upside

Idk. He’s being drafted right around where Gaskins finished ( 30ish RB in standard). I’d rather have a few others in that range (like Pollard), but I think his floor is safer and he’s a serviceable RB3 with a good upside
Edmonds is better than Gaskin. But Mostert when healthy is a threat to take away carries, which may be why he shouldn't be moved up too much. Plus, I think they could sign a GL back. Last week, he was 37th in standard scoring (average of ESPN & CBS). I agree with low 30s.

Edmonds is better than Gaskin. But Mostert when healthy is a threat to take away carries, which may be why he shouldn't be moved up too much. Plus, I think they could sign a GL back. Last week, he was 37th in standard scoring (average of ESPN & CBS). I agree with low 30s.
Some possible Stat Box totals many weeks...8/40 plus 4/35, his 75 yds from scrimmage will have a few catches attached and he could be a low end double digit guy in PPR. 15 touches a week is close to 250 for the season, that doesn't seem unreasonable if he can stay healthy. I figure Mostert will miss some time but I also think folks should keep an eye on Gaskin, he looked way too comfortable in this new offense, pushed Michel out of here and most of the other RBs we had all of camp.

Sometimes it takes a new coach to light a fire under somebody and show them how they can be better at the position. Gaskin looked smooth even if he isn't a speed demon.

Edmonds is definitely not going to be a league winner or anything close to it. More like a a RB you can probably start regularly to hold serve at RB2 if you went WR heavy early or as a backup RB in case of injuries, bye weeks, etc. A safe floor play is how I envision him. Worth it at the right cost with a certain type of build.

Really good, logical article. To have success you have to have the right player in the right scheme and then get the workload. Edmonds >>> Mostert but Mostert knows the scheme like the back of his hand and Edmonds is still learning. The coaching staff and Edmonds certainly appear to be on the same page. If Edmonds can really understand the scheme and where he needs to be he could have a huge year for where he’s being drafted.

I grabbed Edmonds wherever I could based more on ADP and looking at the other players available that late in the draft and figuring “why not? if things work out he could have some upside”. Reading that article really educated me and makes me think that if he really “gets it” he could have a really good year.

Really good, logical article. To have success you have to have the right player in the right scheme and then get the workload. Edmonds >>> Mostert but Mostert knows the scheme like the back of his hand and Edmonds is still learning. The coaching staff and Edmonds certainly appear to be on the same page. If Edmonds can really understand the scheme and where he needs to be he could have a huge year for where he’s being drafted.

I grabbed Edmonds wherever I could based more on ADP and looking at the other players available that late in the draft and figuring “why not? if things work out he could have some upside”. Reading that article really educated me and makes me think that if he really “gets it” he could have a really good year.

I have some info/facts for you both and the SP which we can draw some potential logical conclusions.

-Head Coach for Miami is calling the plays, wears the headset and I was unsure at first but regardless of how he looks like a little kid, in all likelihood is using quite a chunk of the SF playbook where he came from with some wrinkles and some differences.

-I want to alert your attention to the person he hired as the Offensive Coordinator, Frank Smith, is not calling the plays during the games. His background in 2018-2020 Tight Ends Coach Oakland and then he comes over to the LA Chargers and is their Running game Coordinator(love that title) and Offensive Line Coach, this guy was brought in for what he does in the running game since he has held all 3 positions that directly impact it, I see a potential Ekeler 2.0 or if you want to say Ekeler Light perhaps, Chase Edmonds could be one of the steals of the year if he is being thought of in the role of the Chargers RB and their running style. Some blend of the Niners and Chargers running the football last year is not out of the question.

Mostert cannot stay healthy in recent years, even if he does, 10-12 carries a game is about as much as you can ask if you want him to last.
I think Myles Gaskin would be the RB should Chase be unavailable for a stint this season, don't overlook Gaskin who they kept and cut Michel who is now with the LAC.

Just some food for thought but I am getting more bullish on Chase.

Last edited:

I have some info and facts for you both and the SP which we can then draw some potential logical conclusions.

-Head Coach for Miami is calling the plays, wears the headset and I was unsure at first but regardless of how he looks like a little kid, in all likelihood is using quite a chunk of the SF playbook where he came from with some wrinkles and some differences.
-I want to alert your attention to the person he hired as the Offensive Coordinator, Frank Smith, is not calling the plays during the games. His background in 2018-2020 Tight Ends Coach Oakland and then he comes over to the LA Chargers and is their Running game Coordinator(love that title) and Offensive Line Coach, this guy was brought in for what he does in the running game since he has held all 3 positions that directly impact it, I see a potential Ekeler 2.0 or if you want to say Ekeler Light perhaps, Chase Edmonds could be one of the steals of the year if he is being thought of in the role of the Chargers RB and their running style. Some blend of the Niners and Chargers running the football last year is not out of the question.

Mostert cannot stay healthy in recent years, even if he does, 10-12 carries a game is about as much as you can ask if you want him to last.
I think Myles Gaskin would be the RB should Chase be unavailable for a stint this season, don't overlook Gaskin who they kept and cut Michel who is now with the LAC.

Just some food for thought but I am getting more bullish on Chase.
good stuff. Interesting re: Frank Smith. Didn't realize he was a TE coach and then you hear rumors that they are/were trying to trade Gesicki which is surprising but probably because he's a route runner and they want TE's that can block well which I don't know that Gesicki can.

Basically went hero RB in my 12 team PPR draft and grabbed Edmonds at 6.8. Didn't think he'd get back to me. Was kinda meh at the time, but now I'm thinking there's upside here. Didn't realize the Shanahan offense was coming to Miami and if they paid the guy $12M, they must think he's a good fit.

Anyone bothering with grabbing Mostert? He's electric IF healthy...which is a big if, but I could see him being useful if Edmonds is banged up. Considering offering another backup (Jeff Wilson) to the Mostert owner. Gotta think Gaskin is a non factor...feels like they've been trying to get rid of him for two years.

Basically went hero RB in my 12 team PPR draft and grabbed Edmonds at 6.8. Didn't think he'd get back to me. Was kinda meh at the time, but now I'm thinking there's upside here. Didn't realize the Shanahan offense was coming to Miami and if they paid the guy $12M, they must think he's a good fit.

Anyone bothering with grabbing Mostert? He's electric IF healthy...which is a big if, but I could see him being useful if Edmonds is banged up. Considering offering another backup (Jeff Wilson) to the Mostert owner. Gotta think Gaskin is a non factor...feels like they've been trying to get rid of him for two years.
Drafted him at 10.4 in a PPR draft today. He seemed like decent value even with my lack of confidence in him. If Mostert is healthy, he will get touches.

Got him in the 7th Rd after I waited a while and grabbed Chase as my RB3, you'd think as a Miami Dolphins fan I might know more about him but the part I found fascinating is Frank Smith who i posted about if you scroll up and what he bring to Miami and the running game. I think this could be the Ekeler role that we saw Smith implement in LAC last year as the Running Game Coordinator.

Hoping to Flex him and also spot start vs softer defenses.

Bruises like a grape.

He & Mostert should be solid for their combined 6 starts this year.

Bold Prediction: one of Salvan Ahmed or Miles Gaskin becomes FF relevant at some point in 2022.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong
He's in bubble wrap, I expect him to be a go.

But, for a real deep sleeper, Zaquande White could be the man. He played LB in college, so should be good on ST. He looked good in limited action in preseason game 2. He's on the PS.

Latest blurb, this situation could be a train wreck...

(RotoWire) Edmonds was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice on account of a groin injury, Daniel Oyefusi of the Miami Herald reports. Analysis: Fellow Miami RBs Myles Gaskin (neck) and Salvon Ahmed (heel) also were limited participants, while oft-injured Raheem Mostert managed to duck the injury report after his lengthy offseason rehab. There was no previous signal of Edmonds managing an injury this summer, but it's worth watching to see if he upgrades to full participation ahead of Sunday's matchup with New England.

(RotoWire) Edmonds was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice on account of a groin injury, Daniel Oyefusi of the Miami Herald reports. Analysis: Fellow Miami RBs Myles Gaskin (neck) and Salvon Ahmed (heel) also were limited participants, while oft-injured Raheem Mostert managed to duck the injury report after his lengthy offseason rehab. There was no previous signal of Edmonds managing an injury this summer, but it's worth watching to see if he upgrades to full participation ahead of Sunday's matchup with New England.
Groins can be tricky.

(Title of my sex tape)

Anybody running out Mostert? Will be flexing him this week with the potential for less Edmonds work
If he’s in your roster, when would you start him if not this week?

When healthy he’s capable pf taking it to the house on any touch.

That said, he’s also capable of getting hurt on any touch.

Mostert is entering his 8th season

He’s played more than 11 games once. He’s had more than 100 touches twice (2019-151, 2020–120.)

He’s healthy this week, start him. If everyone suits up he might only see 8-10 touches. He won’t catch very many passes but he can do more in 10 attempts than most NFL backs. He’s flourished in zone blocking schemes while Edmonds has mostly run gap schemes.

Hoping Bill B. does his usual job on T. Hill...which translates to several dump offs to Edmonds.

NE LB situation moving from slow footed/thumpers to quicker/smaller, but it remains to be seen if they'll succeed.

In PPR, I'd take 12-43-0, 7-42-0.

I dunno, sounds like new coaching staff engaged in subterfuge to give Bellichick a dose of his own medicine re: injury reports. I'd be shocked if Edmonds doesn't get a full workload and torches that NE defense. Are the schedule makers nuts? NE goes to miami plays week 1 game at 1pm?? do they know hot *#$@%$@ hot it is here in South Florida right now? even at night you're dripping sweat just standing watching your kids sports. the sun and heat is going to beat down on the Pats , by the 4th Q they wont be able to stop anything the 'Fins do.

Hoping Bill B. does his usual job on T. Hill...which translates to several dump offs to Edmonds.

NE LB situation moving from slow footed/thumpers to quicker/smaller, but it remains to be seen if they'll succeed.

In PPR, I'd take 12-43-0, 7-42-0.
Waddle about to go nuts!!!

Didn't he practice in full today?
I read the same reports
Groin/no Groin he practiced in full and it would seem h is a full go on Sunday. i expect a minimum of about 12-14 touches, possibly more if he gets hot or Miami can build a lead and pound the football.
He's in play in Flex spots for most redraft teams.

I’m a sucker for this running scheme. Drafted both Edmonds and Mostert. May start Chase over Dillon this week.

I think they could have some success this year. The speed of Hill and Waddle is really going to stretch defenses out. Could be some opportunities on stretch runs and swing passes.

I drafted Edmonds as nothing more than my #4 RB so unless I have major injuries to my other 3 guys in Kamara, Barkely, & Jacobs , I will be okay just having him do what he does and see how it goes.

I’m a sucker for this running scheme. Drafted both Edmonds and Mostert. May start Chase over Dillon this week.

I think they could have some success this year. The speed of Hill and Waddle is really going to stretch defenses out. Could be some opportunities on stretch runs and swing passes.

it's an interesting case

Chase Edmonds has only run behind gap blocking schemes

Raheem Mostert has only run behind zone blocking

Edmonds and McDaniel were hyping each other up this summer, excited about what he can do, it's all new to him this one cut and go fast concept

I drafted Edmonds as my RB3/Flex and I think he's gonna be the lead back with good value

but it's not an ideal situation for him

Users who are viewing this thread