What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (1 Viewer)

Crucial game, bad weather, seems like a good time to play Bijan his least snaps in a game( other then his migraine game)

It’s almost like Arthur knew it was week one of most fantasy playoffs and decided he’d stick it to us.
Was Bijan in on it too to put up 1.5 ypc and a fumble?
Love the cherry-picking.

Breece averaged 2 ypc yesterday too. Saquon averaged 1.6.
Yes and it’s pretty dumbed down conversation citing YPC on 7 carries.
He's not earning touches. This is not the niners or baltimore he faced, its a 1 win team. But Arthur Smith...

I'm not saying Smith isn't part of the problem but you guys give him a blanket pass on his performance.

Don't question his talent? The guy has two 100 yard rushing games, his long this year is 38 yards. I dont really care what the circumstance is of his usage, that is at least a note of concern for a guy advertised as generational. And I'm not bashing anyone, I had the same thought seeing him in college. But not everyone translates. I thought he was can't miss, and the story isn't written, even on this season, but watching him next to Gibbs, Achane and Mitchell... he hasn't shown that burst or hop.

I just went through his game logs, I know he's had some more TD since then but really he hasn't struck me as the same player since that 1 carry game when he was a dealing with the Migraine or whatever that was.

I do believe Smith his the problem, but I will say this, Arthur Smith ran a pretty good run game last year and a player of Bijans sort should be able to overcome some diminished usage. 7 carries for 11 yards today with a FL as a team with a chance to win their division vs a team who's dead as can be. Yes he should get more touches but he's not earning them to be sure.

He may be more mid than we are willing to accept. Thought we were getting the next Saquan and we may have the next CEH
Stop it. I recall reading this same crap about James Cook after weeks 3 and 4 where he went 12 for 29 and 5 for -4. The OC gets fired, they finally come to their senses and give one of their best playmakers touches over 40yo corpses and now they look unstoppable. This is like Shanny giving CMC 10 touches type s***. It isn’t rocket science. But idiots like Arthur Smith need to act like they’re smarter than everyone else.

Last edited:
The
Crucial game, bad weather, seems like a good time to play Bijan his least snaps in a game( other then his migraine game)

It’s almost like Arthur knew it was week one of most fantasy playoffs and decided he’d stick it to us.
Love the cherry-picking.

He's not earning touches. This is not the niners or baltimore he faced, its a 1 win team. But Arthur Smith...

I'm not saying Smith isn't part of the problem but you guys give him a blanket pass on his performance.
Yes because Allgeier and Patterson have just been so dynamic to leave off the field all season, right?

Stop it.

Don't question his talent? The guy has two 100 yard rushing games, his long this year is 38 yards. I dont really care what the circumstance is of his usage, that is at least a note of concern for a guy advertised as generational. And I'm not bashing anyone, I had the same thought seeing him in college. But not everyone translates. I thought he was can't miss, and the story isn't written, even on this season, but watching him next to Gibbs, Achane and Mitchell... he hasn't shown that burst or hop.

I just went through his game logs, I know he's had some more TD since then but really he hasn't struck me as the same player since that 1 carry game when he was a dealing with the Migraine or whatever that was.

I do believe Smith his the problem, but I will say this, Arthur Smith ran a pretty good run game last year and a player of Bijans sort should be able to overcome some diminished usage. 7 carries for 11 yards today with a FL as a team with a chance to win their division vs a team who's dead as can be. Yes he should get more touches but he's not earning them to be sure.

He may be more mid than we are willing to accept. Thought we were getting the next Saquan and we may have the next CEH
Stop it. I recall reading this same crap about James Cook after weeks 3 and 4 where he went 12 for 29 and 5 for -4. The OC gets fired, they finally come to their senses and give one of their best playmakers touches over 40yo corpses and now they look unstoppable. This is like Sonny Shanny giving CMC 10 touches type s***. It isn’t rocket science. But idiots like Arthur Smith need to act like they’re smarter than everyone else.
Your comp with Bijan is a 6th round back?

Stop it. I recall reading this same crap about James Cook after weeks 3 and 4 where he went 12 for 29 and 5 for -4. The OC gets fired, they finally come to their senses and give one of their best playmakers touches over 40yo corpses and now they look unstoppable. This is like Sonny Shanny giving CMC 10 touches type s***. It isn’t rocket science. But idiots like Arthur Smith need to act like they’re smarter than everyone else.
You would think that in a fantasy forum you wouldn’t have to spell everything out. But if that’s what you got out of it then it explains why you think Bijan is the problem.

You would think that in a fantasy forum you wouldn’t have to spell everything out. But if that’s what you got out of it then it explains why you think Bijan is the problem.
You would also think you wouldn't have fanboy spin outs and not be able to objectively look at a player.

You guys are seeing ghosts of things that aren't there on the tape in the NFL with this guy.

I'm not closing the book on him but as a rookie, his arc had gone the wrong direction. I would have assumed with acclimation and experience it trended up. I'm agnostic on Bijan, I own him, I hope he does well, I legitimately hope he's an NFL success, loved watching him run in college, he seemed like a fun, dynamic talent.

He hasn't shown you that in the NFL.

You would also think you wouldn't have fanboy spin outs and not be able to objectively look at a player.

You guys are seeing ghosts of things that aren't there on the tape in the NFL with this guy.

I'm not closing the book on him but as a rookie, his arc had gone the wrong direction. I would have assumed with acclimation and experience it trended up. I'm agnostic on Bijan, I own him, I hope he does well, I legitimately hope he's an NFL success, loved watching him run in college, he seemed like a fun, dynamic talent.

He hasn't shown you that in the NFL.
Same stuff on Gibbs. The good teams find a way to get their best playmakers touches. The bad teams find a way not to and lose to a 1-12 team. Sounds crazy but it really is just that simple.

Love the cherry-picking.

What are you talking about?

Touches his last four games leading up to Car:
Critical game on the road to try and lock in a playoff spot. Why would he only have 8 touches in a close game?

Love the cherry-picking.

Critical game on the road to try and lock in a playoff spot. Why would he only have 8 touches in a close game?
CaUSe hE fUMbleD….🤣🤣🤣

Love the cherry-picking.

CaUSe hE fUMbleD….🤣🤣🤣
That's almost as comical as truly believing Arthur Smith is making decisions with the Falcons to spite your fantasy football team lol. Delusional.

Bijan is certainly better than he showed Sunday.

I think it's perspective at this point. Redraft, every reason to be disappointed. Not only in Arthur Smith, but I do think in some of what Bijan has shown. He pretty much met my expectations for redraft, but I was already worrisome about taking a rookie that high as well as the offense as a whole. If I drafted Bijan at 1.01 in dynasty, I'm not really all that worried. His good spots have flashed more than enough to show he's a talented back and capable of being an RB1, likely a top 5 guy when everything else goes his way. If I traded away multiple picks/players in my dynasty league to move up and take him 1.01.... yeah I'd be worried that I potentially overspent on a guy who hasn't always shown elite skills, but like others have said, more so his situation on the Falcons. Smith could be gone next season and it could all 180 for him. He could also not. Trading a lot of capital for a RB at 1.01 is a very risky play considering their short life span and the fact they are more susceptible to negative things completely outside their control; play calling, game scripts, usage, QB, o-line play....

I have to smile at those speculating that Atlanta didn't sign Bijan to "only give him 10-12 carries a week". This is the Falcons here. Currently wasting Kyle Pitts' career with a succession of garbage QBs and poor usage. I mean, yeah, it's logical to say he'll get run a lot but again, this is a pretty dysfunctional franchise, i'd be careful with expectations.

From back in June, one of very few calls I got somewhat right this year. I did see this coming after enduring Pitts last year.

Love the cherry-picking.

CaUSe hE fUMbleD….🤣🤣🤣
That's almost as comical as truly believing Arthur Smith is making decisions with the Falcons to spite your fantasy football team lol. Delusional.

I think it's perspective at this point. Redraft, every reason to be disappointed. Not only in Arthur Smith, but I do think in some of what Bijan has shown. He pretty much met my expectations for redraft, but I was already worrisome about taking a rookie that high as well as the offense as a whole. If I drafted Bijan at 1.01 in dynasty, I'm not really all that worried. His good spots have flashed more than enough to show he's a talented back and capable of being an RB1, likely a top 5 guy when everything else goes his way. If I traded away multiple picks/players in my dynasty league to move up and take him 1.01.... yeah I'd be worried that I potentially overspent on a guy who hasn't always shown elite skills, but like others have said, more so his situation on the Falcons. Smith could be gone next season and it could all 180 for him. He could also not. Trading a lot of capital for a RB at 1.01 is a very risky play considering their short life span and the fact they are more susceptible to negative things completely outside their control; play calling, game scripts, usage, QB, o-line play....
That wasn’t the point. Has nothing to do with fantasy. I don’t even own Bijan. Just making an observation as a football fan. There is absolutely no reason that Bijan should come out of yesterday’s game with only 8 touches. Especially on that weather. A 5 year old would know better. Bu thats how you lose to a 1-12 team. That’s delusional.

Love the cherry-picking.

CaUSe hE fUMbleD….🤣🤣🤣

That wasn’t the point. Has nothing to do with fantasy. I don’t even own Bijan. Just making an observation as a football fan. There is absolutely no reason that Bijan should come out of yesterday’s game with only 8 touches. Especially on that weather. A 5 year old would know better. Bu thats how you lose to a 1-12 team. That’s delusional.
If it wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you. It's comical to take out a star RB cause he fumbled once. EG Kyren Williams just this week. Who actually did it twice.

As fickle as it sounds - my only theory left is Arthur Smith hates star players who get a lot of attention - son of a billionaire type behavior. His refusal to feed his stars (which is what EVERY good team does) is baffling. I think he was legitimately happy when Bijan fumbled. Falcons overall roster talent is at least average to above average this year and this dumbass just lost to Carolina who is as depleted as there is out there. In an embarrassing loss the humor of it all is we sit here Monday where Tyler Allgeier led usage by a wide margin in the backfield, and Jonnu Smith was the leading receiver. Arthur Smith is a clown.

Bijan we know it's not your fault.
7 carries for 11 yards against Carolina. I'm not saying its his fault but those are some cold hard numbers.
And Aligeier had 12 carries for 43 yards against that same team..

I honestly feel if Aligeier was the full time starter he be a top 10 RB.. I love the way the kid runs, why I think the pick of Robinson was such a waste.

Hope Tyler moves ion to another team where he can get more work.
Let’s not be silly.

Allgeier is averaging 3.5 ypc this season on 166 carries. Bijan is averaging 4.6 on 176 carries.

Allgeier has 13 catches for 89 yards. Bijan has 41 catches for 323 yards.

The two are not the same. Anyone suggesting Allgeier is in Bijan’s ballpark are either Allgeier dynasty owners or just woefully ignorant.
Allegier also had a 1000 yards last year.. Why on earth would you select a RB at #8, when you just had a rookie run for a 1000 yards. Let's be real, picking Bijan at 8 was not a good move.

Robinson just is not a guy that is going to take a franchise to the next level.. I am sorry, he is a guy to me. Nothing special.

It was a dumb move. And then they barely used him. Smart

Fellow disappointed owner here, matched against the scoring leader. Have a 30pt lead but he has Hurts & Swift tonight. Really good player, if he gets his points he will have scored very well. Would be different if I were down by 30 & what happened didn't matter. But that it did & to come this far only to lose by a handful of points because of it really sucks.

Love the cherry-picking.

CaUSe hE fUMbleD….🤣🤣🤣

If it wasn't clear, I was agreeing with you. It's comical to take out a star RB cause he fumbled once. EG Kyren Williams just this week. Who actually did it twice.
"Star"

:lmao:

What do you guys think of him from just the eyeball test? 4 carries of 20 plus yards on the season.

That is really not what I was expecting of him. I don't own dynasty shares

Just would have guessed we would have gotten more there and 2023 isn't closed yet.

I don't own dynasty shares but that would be... not what you want to see.

His rookie stats track CEH almost exactly. Don't play dynasty, but if I did that seems like an ominous sign for the next few years of his contract. Andy Reid couldn't salvage CEH, and I doubt if the Falcons moved on from Arthur Smith that will magically transform Bijan into the next CMC either.

Eyeball test tells me he started out the year great - was number 1 overall PFF RB. Made consistent highlight reel runs albeit not many long breakouts because every defender was in the box. Tough when your only threat is Ridder throwing the rock over the top. As the season moved on my belief is he got about as frustrated with his usage/treatment as every ATL fan did - Arthur Smith is toxic in my opinion and that whole building knows it. - total clown behavior every week. I think he "gave up" in stretches - that isn't a credit to him, but we've seen this before. When they get rid of Smith and bring in literally ANY competent QB I think this offense will perform well.

Bijan is far more of a Saquon/Gurley/Peterson type prospect than any thing CEH has ever sniffed at any point in his entire life.

Smith needs to be fired if for no other reason his play-calling and roster management is not in line with that of the GM/organization. Trolls gonna troll, but London, Pitts and Bijan are playmakers. That's the reality of it all and Smith finds ways to limit their touches while simultaneously leaning on Patterson, Allgeier and Jonnu. It's upside down thinking and execution.

Regardless of what anyone says, you give Bijan 3 touches at the end of that game, even if he doesn't gain a yard, they kick a FG and they win that game. More likely is he could have been ridden all the way to the endzone at that point, but instead you put the ball in the hands of one of the worst QBs in the league in a downpour? Just dumb.

I have 0 shares of Bijan, but if Smith gets himself fired I'll be looking to acquire London, Pitts and Bijan at a discount next season in every league I play.

Smith needs to be fired if for no other reason his play-calling and roster management is not in line with that of the GM/organization. Trolls gonna troll, but London, Pitts and Bijan are playmakers. That's the reality of it all and Smith finds ways to limit their touches while simultaneously leaning on Patterson, Allgeier and Jonnu. It's upside down thinking and execution.
Was this your contribution? 😉

Regardless of what anyone says, you give Bijan 3 touches at the end of that game, even if he doesn't gain a yard, they kick a FG and they win that game. More likely is he could have been ridden all the way to the endzone at that point, but instead you put the ball in the hands of one of the worst QBs in the league in a downpour? Just dumb.

I have 0 shares of Bijan, but if Smith gets himself fired I'll be looking to acquire London, Pitts and Bijan at a discount next season in every league I play.

Can’t say pitts is there anymore, not sure what this knee has done to him. Next year will be big to see if there's anything to salvage here

Last edited:
Was this your contribution? 😉
Lol, no, but it's funny. Bottom line is they will never be an elite NFL team using their stars the way they do.

Can’t say pitts is there anymore, not sure what this knee has done to him. Next year will be big.
It's just an MCL. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back stronger because of what will be involved with off-season rehab. Arthur Smith will continue to be his biggest hurdle to overcome.

For the record I don't believe Smith is doing any of this because of fantasy football. He's just another idiot in a long line of idiots that wants to prove he's the smartest guy in the room by trying to reinvent the wheel. He'll be an afterthought after this season as long as the Falcons miss the playoffs.

Can’t say pitts is there anymore, not sure what this knee has done to him. Next year will be big.
It's just an MCL. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back stronger because of what will be involved with off-season rehab. Arthur Smith will continue to be his biggest hurdle to overcome.

For the record I don't believe Smith is doing any of this because of fantasy football. He's just another idiot in a long line of idiots that wants to prove he's the smartest guy in the room by trying to reinvent the wheel. He'll be an afterthought after this season as long as the Falcons miss the playoffs.

I've been saying this for a very long time now. All these guys outsmart themselves.

As fickle as it sounds - my only theory left is Arthur Smith hates star players who get a lot of attention - son of a billionaire type behavior. His refusal to feed his stars (which is what EVERY good team does) is baffling. I think he was legitimately happy when Bijan fumbled. Falcons overall roster talent is at least average to above average this year and this dumbass just lost to Carolina who is as depleted as there is out there. In an embarrassing loss the humor of it all is we sit here Monday where Tyler Allgeier led usage by a wide margin in the backfield, and Jonnu Smith was the leading receiver. Arthur Smith is a clown.

I dont know about that, but some coaches also dont like rookies. maybe its one of those things. he is closing the door to higher usage and forcing Bijan to kick down the door and force him to play him more. and so far that has not really happened.

remember this team had a 1000 yard rusher last season who is still on the roster, so he has the luxury of being able to do this and bench Bijan when hes not playing well.

I dont know about that, but some coaches also dont like rookies. maybe its one of those things. he is closing the door to higher usage and forcing Bijan to kick down the door and force him to play him more. and so far that has not really happened.

remember this team had a 1000 yard rusher last season who is still on the roster, so he has the luxury of being able to do this and bench Bijan when hes not playing well.
Interesting theory except the rookie year usage through 2nd year usage of Pitts and London make that argument a non-starter. Smith is conservative and not-all that creative, yet you can tell he wants to be thought of in the same way innovators such as McDaniel are. Say what you want about Pitts who has the 2nd most yards of any rookie TE ever, but London has looked every bit the part of a superstar every time he's been given the opportunity. Smith is just an idiot that owes a significant portion of his HC paycheck to Derek Henry.

ETA - Anyone who has watched a few Atlanta games can see Bijan should be getting more carries. If nothing else, he puts tremendous pressure on the defense because he's a threat to score a TD on every play. Coaches hold all the cards, ask James Cook who went from second fiddle to an elite RB simply on the change in coaching philosophy and play-calling. As much as I love James Cook, on skill alone Bijan >>>>>>>>> James.

I've been saying this for a very long time now. All these guys outsmart themselves.
And football suffers for it. The quality of football in the NFL is declining and there are a million reasons why, but weak coaching is certainly one of the main culprits.

Bijan is far more of a Saquon/Gurley/Peterson type prospect than any thing CEH has ever sniffed at any point in his entire life.
Thats a pretty wide spectrum of talent level and I would say he is somewhere in the middle of that rather than being close to the edges of it.

He isn't a prospect anymore and people who were putting him at that level as a prospect seem to be incorrect.

Not that I don't think he will perform better next season, I would expect that, but time to put the generational talent ideas to bed.

Not that I don't think he will perform better next season, I would expect that, but time to put the generational talent ideas to bed.
At the start of the season he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. What happened other than him going to a team that everyone already knew he was going to at the time we all drafted?

Thats a pretty wide spectrum of talent level and I would say he is somewhere in the middle of that rather than being close to the edges of it.

He isn't a prospect anymore and people who were putting him at that level as a prospect seem to be incorrect.

I really don't think anything can be said to the effect that he isn't a top of the spectrum guy, yet (see Derrick Henry). We have some evidence to the contrary so far. Not much.

At the start of the season he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. What happened other than him going to a team that everyone already knew he was going to at the time we all drafted?
Nothing has happened besides letting all the hot air out of the balloon.

What is "buy low" for Bijan right now? I need RBs in dynasty and have pick 1.03 next year.
For the first time since the spring I would consider Bijan not being my dynasty RB1. But if he's not 1 he's 2.

I'd put his value at 1.2 in a rookie draft. I'd rather have Marvin(and felt that way last year, I'd have rated Marvin over him if he came out last year). That's it and not because the draft is not strong at the top because I believe it is.

ETA-I do think it's a perfect time to try and buy low. If my leagues still had trading available I'd be making offers. Last offer I made him was a few weeks ago and tried packaging Walker/Charbonet for him. This is such a week to week game for value changes that he might just pop the last few weeks and the window will be closed. That or they fire Arthur. So no better time then now if you are able.

Last edited:

I really don't think anything can be said to the effect that he isn't a top of the spectrum guy, yet (see Derrick Henry). We have some evidence to the contrary so far. Not much.

We can't?

What has he done that one could consider elite generational talent?

He has been good. Not great. That's a very high bar to be considered great.

When is Robinson going to have a 2k combined yards season?

It took Gurley until his 3rd season to do that, but Gurley came into the league injured. Is Robinson injured?

Robinson does not have elite performance metrics. I just don't see how you can say he is that. That would be prospect hype take lock to me without evidence to back it up.

You mention Derrick Henry. He didn't crack 1500 total yards until his 4th season and 2k yards his 5th season, but he wasn’t touted as a generational talent either. He was a 2nd Round NFL pick.puck.

Don't get me wrong I have been saying to have patience with Robinson even before the season started. That the rookie season for RB who are good is the lowest performing season of their first 6 seasons and I think he will be better than this next season. I am sick of people complaining about his lack of performance.

But I also don't see a elite player here. I see a good one and who knows maybe he does really shine later on in his career, but I don't see evidence to say he should be mentioned in the same category as Peterson or Barkley either.

I am also sick of people blaming the coach for Robinson not lighting the league on fire.

Maybe Robinson just isn't as good as you hoped he would be.
It's a fantasy message board and usage vs talent is on par with discussing luck vs skill in terms of which leads to fantasy success. So not sure why you'd be sick of people on a fantasy message blaming the coach for limiting a key to fantasy success.

Also he looks every single bit like what I thought he'd be and on a per touch basis he's been very good so if the issue is not what he's doing on a per touch basis so much as the amount of touches it seems kind of pertinent.

One interesting thing to me is his mid-season split on receiving performance. First 7 games, catch rate > 80% and 5.9 yards per target. Since then? Catch rate < 50% and 4.2 yards per target.

I am also sick of people blaming the coach for Robinson not lighting the league on fire.

Maybe Robinson just isn't as good as you hoped he would be.
It's a fantasy message board and usage vs talent is on par with discussing luck vs skill in terms of which leads to fantasy success. So not sure why you'd be sick of people on a fantasy message blaming the coach for limiting a key to fantasy success.

Also he looks every single bit like what I thought he'd be and on a per touch basis he's been very good so if the issue is not what he's doing on a per touch basis so much as the amount of touches it seems kind of pertinent.
I am sick of it because it just sounds like excuses to me. Its everyone elses fault while not taking any personal accountability for the possibility that Robinson may not be as good as he has been touted to be.

Adrian Peterson had to time share with Chester Taylor as a rookie and people were making the same complaints about the coach not using Peterson more as a rookie as I am hearing here in regards to Robinson.

The difference here though is that Peterson was making a lot of explosive plays that showed how great he was, even at the NFL level. So some of peoples complaints about the coach in regards to Peterson were more justifiable or reasonable by comparison. Although still not seeing the full picture for what it was.

Bijan Robinson 14 games 176 rushing attempts 801 rushing yards 4 TD 4.6 yards per carry 64 targets 41 receptions 323 receiving yards 3 TD 5 yards per target 217 touches 5.2 yards per touch 1124 total yards.

Adrian Peterson 14 games 238 rushing attempts 1341 rushing yards 12 TD 5/6 yards per carry 28 targets 19 receptions 268 receiving yards 1 TD 9.6 yards per target 257 touches 6.3 yards per touch 1609 total yards.

Peterson was inactive for 2 games during his rookie season. I forget why that was. But anyhow this just happens to be a pretty apples to apples comparison here with both having 14 games played so far.

Peterson had 40 more touches in 14 games than Robinson ok lets account for that difference at Robinsons 5.2 yards per touch so far. Thats 208 more yards. His total would be 1332 total yards then. Thats still 277 less yards than what Peterson had as a rookie. Fewer TD and much fewer explosive plays as you can tell by the ypc ypt yards per touch numbers.

Most of us know that a reception is worth more yards than a rushing attempt is.

Robinson has over twice the number of targets as Peterson did so while the complaint about opportunity has some validity I would not say his opportunity as a receiver should be part of that complaint. He has had 4.6 targets per game. His catch rate is below average for a RB. Worse than Petersons actually and Peterson not known for his receiving ability. Robinsons yards per target is only 5. This is about average for a RB its not exceptional.

Well Robinson has Ridder as his QB you might say? Well Peterson had Travarius Jackson. Its all Arthur Smiths fault you say? Peterson had the genius Brad Childress.

Users who are viewing this thread