What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (1 Viewer)

Arthur Smith explains why Bijan isn’t used more in the red zone. It all make’s perfect sense now.

Allgeier has MORE carries than Bijan this season and is averaging nearly 2 full yards less per carry. Arthur smith is guilty of first degree coaching malpractice.
Just another example of how I don’t understand how some of these coaches got their job or keep their job. Many of these head coaches in the NFL cannot be all that intelligent.
Billionaire Club connection... his father doesn't want his messing up FedEx, so he gets his buddies to give jobs on their pet projects in the NFL.

Arthur Smith explains why Bijan isn’t used more in the red zone. It all make’s perfect sense now.

Allgeier has MORE carries than Bijan this season and is averaging nearly 2 full yards less per carry. Arthur smith is guilty of first degree coaching malpractice.
Just another example of how I don’t understand how some of these coaches got their job or keep their job. Many of these head coaches in the NFL cannot be all that intelligent.
Billionaire Club connection... his father doesn't want his messing up FedEx, so he gets his buddies to give jobs on their pet projects in the NFL.
I don't know if I feel better or worse on Bijan's outlook after his presser today. I think worse, but I dunno.

I'm trying to trade for him where I can, even in redraft. There's too much noise for his level of talent to be playing second fiddle. Once Arty inevitably gets canned, I would wager good money the interim coach feeds their #1 pick.

I don't think anyone is arguing if Bijan will start advancing on his enormous FF potential. The only question is when.

How much of his ceiling he ultimately realizes is anyone's guess, but unless a bad injury strikes, Bijan should eventually be a FF stud (or at least has that capability). The only real concern I have is if he has the type of body that might not be able to take a lot of punishment. Bijan did state he was sore pretty early in the season (before the 1-touch game) & it's not like he had been getting a lot of touches.

The Falcons offense looked really good really how you'd imagine when Patterson and Allgeier were rolling.
Reminder- https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202310220tam.htm
It was the third game w over 400 yards of offense and we became obsessed with Bijan barely playing because he was vomiting w headaches n all

Their line has not looked any good since. Awful. Awful awful

Ridder had like 300 ish yards three weeks in a row. He finally cut down on turnovers and his benching was pretty questionable from a permanent standpoint so I'm not sure it is.

I'm quite confident Smith wants to get the lineman's heads on straight. They're a really good group that should play far better.

I wouldn't choose Bijan as my smashing back. He's too pretty and I wouldn't risk injury or ..just why bother when Algeier and Patterson are on the team?

I expect the plan (defense has to stop opposing offense too) is to line up a couple TEs or FBs with Patterson and/or Allgeier and do some ol smashmouth football. Block em or the back is running into you. The train is coming.

Once that line is making some Tim Allen manly man grunts, Bijan will be unleashed again.

The talented line was real bad and that's how the Titans fixed it when they had a good line. Smash the D and get their heads right.

Search for Jeffrey Simmons videos if you want to see how bad without watching whole games.

They aren't winning a darn thing and Bijan isn't doing much if they stink that bad. I have Bijan in FF too and I don't like it either but surely the coaches are hollering and they're watching tape and...gotta get that identity back.

This is the trap - finally frustration has boiled over - fans and owners have had enough and bench Bijan.....only to have him go off this week with a monster game. Unless you have a really good option to go to Id rather go down with the ship than be in agony when he finally goes off lol

I’m shocked the Falcons are 3rd in total yards. Maybe Art knows what he’s doing, after all.

Considering the QBs he has to work with & an overrated OL, the guy has my respect now.

This is the trap - finally frustration has boiled over - fans and owners have had enough and bench Bijan.....only to have him go off this week with a monster game. Unless you have a really good option to go to Id rather go down with the ship than be in agony when he finally goes off lol
Yep.

Myself and others have been trying to point out that while the numbers haven't been what people want, the opportunity has still been there and should continue to be. So only a matter of time I think before he has a good game for fantasy again. Could be as soon as this week.

Just looking at his overall numbers it's not bad. He is still top 12ish in total yards for RBs right now.

It's just that 3 weeks of not popping for people that has them upset. That looks like trend. I don't think it is.

Bijan shines this weekend, and coach will not be able to underutilize him any more moving forward without losing his job.

Falcon fans were SO thrilled to get him in the draft and are dying to see him eat with a full workload. The natives are getting restless, coach!

I'm firing him up because I think Smith probably thinks his job is on the line if he keeps screwing the pooch on this one. Still don't understand the 4d chess inverse logic stuff.

I'm firing him up because I think Smith probably thinks his job is on the line if he keeps screwing the pooch on this one. Still don't understand the 4d chess inverse logic stuff.
I am not saying the coach is right but I do understand what he has said about this and I think the criticism of the coach is a bit misguided by people who are not trying to see his point of view.

I have no idea if fans are in such a uproar about this as some seem to think. Maybe they are. I don't think the coach should change what he believes gives the team the best chance to win because of pressure from fans.

He is not at risk to lose his job.

I've been saying for months-
After midseason, good luck covering them when the injuries have hit the secondary.

We're there. I do not believe many defenses have enough quality depth to match up with their freakishly big lineup. Lot of 5ft 8 corners and small safeties as depth.

I've said my piece. I think Bijan will get his after the line mans up.

The passing targets are probably going to infuriate FF folks the rest of the way. Mack Hollins is way too big for a lot of corners. If they've got someone to cover Pitts they probably don't to cover Jonnu. They will shift and then maybe Pitts or London and...this is what that team is made for

If this goes on much longer, I think we’re missing the obvious reason…which is the Falcons have absolutely no reason to give Bijan a bunch of touches this season given they would go nowhere in the playoffs if they somehow managed to get in. Not to mention a possible lower draft slot.

RB is a brutal position with a relatively short shelf life. And because of the dynamics of the position, RBs don’t need a lot of grooming like the other skill positions.

This could very well be the plan. I don’t think Atlanta’s management cares about our magic football teams. Art Smith is just the messenger in that scenario.
You could see that before they even drafted him, which is why it was freaking stupid to even draft him.

If this goes on much longer, I think we’re missing the obvious reason…which is the Falcons have absolutely no reason to give Bijan a bunch of touches this season given they would go nowhere in the playoffs if they somehow managed to get in. Not to mention a possible lower draft slot.

RB is a brutal position with a relatively short shelf life. And because of the dynamics of the position, RBs don’t need a lot of grooming like the other skill positions.

This could very well be the plan. I don’t think Atlanta’s management cares about our magic football teams. Art Smith is just the messenger in that scenario.
You could see that before they even drafted him, which is why it was freaking stupid to even draft him.
You can definitely make a case that NFL teams shouldn't draft a RB high until they're close to contending. I view the RB position as the last piece of the puzzle. In fact, that's exactly the protocol I'd use if I was a GM.

Then again, I'd never, & I mean NEVER EVER, draft a RB in the 1st round. It's one of the dumbest things you can do, IMO. Too many good ones can be found later...often much later.

He is not at risk to lose his job.

I've been saying for months-
After midseason, good luck covering them when the injuries have hit the secondary.

We're there. I do not believe many defenses have enough quality depth to match up with their freakishly big lineup. Lot of 5ft 8 corners and small safeties as depth.

I've said my piece. I think Bijan will get his after the line mans up.

The passing targets are probably going to infuriate FF folks the rest of the way. Mack Hollins is way too big for a lot of corners. If they've got someone to cover Pitts they probably don't to cover Jonnu. They will shift and then maybe Pitts or London and...this is what that team is made for
Apologies for the hot take and thank you for the info.

Reactions: Bri
Question: Who would Bijan owners rather have?

Bijan or Gibbs?
I own bijan and can flip him for Bijan right now but I have cold feet... I just dont know that the situation will sort out, however... that Atlanta playoff schedule is supremely tempting

I haven't shut the door yet and I was sick of Gibbs a few weeks ago

Oddly similar situations in terms of splits and goal line opps.
Those Bijan for Bijan trades always bring on controversy. Dont do it man. :wink: :D

Here’s what you need to know based on my conversations with people with knowledge of the situation:

Don’t give up on Robinson, because the Falcons haven’t. He’s not in the doghouse. He’s not hurt. He’s not in a funk. He’s just a rookie the team is hoping to encourage, protect and lean on during the second half of the season.

Robinson is in line to see plenty of opportunities, I’m told, including in the red zone. One source shared, “We are confident we will see the best of him down the stretch.”

This has to happen because the Falcons know they need their best route-runner and playmaker if they want to make the playoffs.

I might regret this but traded Puka Nacua + Rachaad White for Bijan Robinson. .5 point per rush/ppr league... basically, a free Puka out of the deal but had to make a move.

Have Kupp and Kyren Williams... really wanted a league winner. I don't trust Arthur Smith at all but do think Bijan is very talented. He has a great playoff schedule... boom or bust?

CJ Stroud
Breece Hall
Jonathon Taylor
Bijan Robinson
Brian Robinson
Kyren Williams
Rico Dowdle
CeeDee Lamb
Diontae Johnson
Cooper Kupp
DeVonta Smith
Open roster spot

1Qb, 2Rb, 2WR, 2 Flex... feel pretty good about this until I don't.

I might regret this but traded Puka Nacua + Rachaad White for Bijan Robinson. .5 point per rush/ppr league... basically, a free Puka out of the deal but had to make a move.

Have Kupp and Kyren Williams... really wanted a league winner. I don't trust Arthur Smith at all but do think Bijan is very talented. He has a great playoff schedule... boom or bust?

CJ Stroud
Breece Hall
Jonathon Taylor
Bijan Robinson
Brian Robinson
Kyren Williams
Rico Dowdle
CeeDee Lamb
Diontae Johnson
Cooper Kupp
DeVonta Smith
Open roster spot

Tell me it's redraft 🙏

CJ Stroud
Breece Hall
Jonathon Taylor
Bijan Robinson
Brian Robinson
Kyren Williams
Rico Dowdle
CeeDee Lamb
Diontae Johnson
Cooper Kupp
DeVonta Smith
Open roster spot

Tell me it's redraft 🙏
Keeper (up to 3 players for 1.5 what I paid year prior.)

Bijan has more league winner upside than White, right? The league had me over a barrel with Puka. The more I think about it, I got away with the best player, if Arthur Smith doesn't f*** this up.

I'm going to reverse-jinx him by using this slow rookie season to say he was never as good as people said he was. The hype was out of control. "Best RB prospect since..." Then you watch his film and the eye-popping reps are not there. Generational? No. He does not flash the talent that LaDainian Tomlinson, Reggie Bush, and Adrian Peterson had. He was never that guy.

He'll be really good though. Step back and look at it from a broader perspective. He's averaging 4.9 YPC as a rookie on a mediocre team. The biggest problem here is not efficiency, but volume. He's averaging 12.5 carries per game. Not nearly enough. Meanwhile they're wasting the same number of carries on Allgeier, an average player. It's coaching malpractice.

From a dynasty standpoint, Bijan is a strong hold/buy. He will have big seasons. He'll make some Pro Bowls. He can be a Mixon level player. Maybe even a Marshawn or a Zeke. His best days are ahead of him. No need to panic just because the Falcons are pro at squandering their skill position talent.

CJ Stroud
Breece Hall
Jonathon Taylor
Bijan Robinson
Brian Robinson
Kyren Williams
Rico Dowdle
CeeDee Lamb
Diontae Johnson
Cooper Kupp
DeVonta Smith
Open roster spot

Tell me it's redraft 🙏
Keeper (up to 3 players for 1.5 what I paid year prior.)

Bijan has more league winner upside than White, right? The league had me over a barrel with Puka. The more I think about it, I got away with the best player, if Arthur Smith doesn't f*** this up.
Sorry I don't know why I was thinking the other way around (that you dealt Bijan). In that case my "please tell me it's redraft" is addressed to the other guy in the deal. 3 keepers, I say you win that one.

FBG daily update says (or implies) that the coach said Bijan is a huge part of the game plan this week.

However, doing some google searches this morning I've come to the conclusion that some recent published stories quoting that are actually referring to the season game plan in general, not this weekend in particular.

It seems like everyone likes the other backs doing the grunt work and him doing the fancy work...not that I like my description but...

123 combined yards and 2 TD while Allgeier still had 10 rushing attempts and Patterson had 8 rushing attempts.

All 3 players had over 5 yards per carry against a Saints defense that is supposed to be good.

Coach has not changed his philosophy about splitting carries that people want him fired for at all but Robinson still thriving.

Ridder back in at QB and the interceptions return with him but the offense is more productive overall.

Last edited:
Overheard before today's game:

Psst...Coach Smith...you know, our postseason hopes are on the rope, let's give our first round pick the same number of carries as our other RBs...something low, like 10 carries...they'll never expect it...heh heh
Smith and Ridder both suck. I’m glad they lost this game. They’ve been skating by all year primarily on the backs of their defense. About time some losses start piling up.

Really doubting this guys ability at this point... the cream has to rise somewhat right? Rookie wall.

Total stiff in a game that should have been a running paradise

Users who are viewing this thread