What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alexander Mattison, LV (1 Viewer)

I have nothing constructive to add other than when I see the thread title Alexander Mattison I immediately hum "Alexander Hamilton" from the play in my head, it's almost like a drinking game.
When they sign Kareem Hunt it won't have quite the same ring.
Aaron Burr

For those of us that have Mattison as a RB2 or flex, it's definitely time to start considering matchups and moving him in and out of the lineup as needed.

For those of us that went zero RB and took him as RB1 thinking he'd have a somewhat safe floor on a good offense, it's panic time.

I did both things this year :cry:

For those of us that have Mattison as a RB2 or flex, it's definitely time to start considering matchups and moving him in and out of the lineup as needed.

For those of us that went zero RB and took him as RB1 thinking he'd have a somewhat safe floor on a good offense, it's panic time.

I did both things this year :cry:
I recall a couple of trades where he was bought for a 2024 1st round pick. Ouch!!!

Was this not extremely predictable? Your low end RB2 went against a top 5 defense, had a poor game and now people are trying to cut bait 2 games in?

All we really learned is he didn’t make some magical jump into an RB1 during the off-season. Jury is still out if he can smash soft defenses and finish with RB2 numbers but usage looks fine and gets targets in the passing game.
Not cutting bait, he was a stepping stone in rebuild plans ... I traded for a RB ... and he was best I could acquire with what I was offering ... Then I flipped Mattison for Kamara thanks to his TD last week. From what I saw Week 1 vs TB, he looked slow and was not hitting the holes with any authority or power. It was like he needed an extra 4-5 steps to get up to speed (vs TB). I did not watch any of last night's game vs Philly but their DL is far superior to TB and we saw the same Mattison each time. Sure, next week vs LAC he might go for 15 carries 50 yards, but he is not a Top 3 key focus of the offense...
I don't see Minn RB getting any major involvement in game plans.

Where is JD McKissic ? He would help that offense .... Pass catching RB skill set.

Oof. Anyone else see Mattison’s post about the hate mail/messages he got after the game?

It’s too disgusting for me to even link to. And made me a bit sad for the society we live in.

Reminder to all in the Shark Pool that fantasy and sports betting is just a game.

These men wearing the pads are people. People with families. And no bad game or bad results deserves that amount of hate.

Didn't know this play was such an explosive topic on these boards. Don't really understand why. It's a highly successful play. Stop the play. My only concern was the injury factor but someone's specific response to that seems logical. Hurts is huge for QB. Why not use that?
well the NFL did discuss banning in the offseason so not a crazy discussion to have

Oof. Anyone else see Mattison’s post about the hate mail/messages he got after the game?

It’s too disgusting for me to even link to. And made me a bit sad for the society we live in.

Reminder to all in the Shark Pool that fantasy and sports betting is just a game.

These men wearing the pads are people. People with families. And no bad game or bad results deserves that amount of hate.
Just horrible. Bad people. Sad people

Didn't know this play was such an explosive topic on these boards. Don't really understand why. It's a highly successful play. Stop the play. My only concern was the injury factor but someone's specific response to that seems logical. Hurts is huge for QB. Why not use that?
well the NFL did discuss banning in the offseason so not a crazy discussion to have

Just horrible. Bad people. Sad people
Must have been the idiots that traded a 2024 1st for him and are bitter.

Perhaps misplaced faith that he'd be featured in a pass oriented offense? Kevin O'Connell really struggled to establish Dalvin Cook down the stretch, especially in a home playoff game vs New York.

Also, it would seem there is no chance whatsoever that this is an isolated event. He received "many" hate messages for a very bad performance with high expectations. How many "very bad performances with high expectations" have there been in the last 10 years? A thousand? If he got one hate message, it could be one unusual event. But if he received many, there's no way that many of the others haven't received some.

Yeah, many of the people writing those tweets were wastes of flesh, no doubt.

Internet tough guy bullies are the worst. Just losers who live in their parent's basement and NEVER played a competitive sport in their sorry life.

Mattison kind of sucks - def sucked last night. Thought he might wind up with negative points, which is really hard to do as starting rb.

But that **** is so unacceptable. Got to be such a sickening and terrifying and all around horrible feeling to get hateful messages like that. Feel for the guy and hope he bounces back.

Internet tough guy bullies are the worst. Just losers who live in their parent's basement and NEVER played a competitive sport in their sorry life.
I'm glad we've found something to agree on.🤲

Copium is strong here. He’s not that great and the Vikings doubled down on their passing offense leading the way considering how dominant Jefferson is. Idk- wouldn’t be surprised if there are 32nd in league in rushing and rushing opps. Strong chance they are 0-3 and cannot continue their current strategy and sign a free agent rb. The way their team is designed, they actually need a strong rb that can burn clock and keep chains moving while giving a bad defense a break. Unfortunately not many exist out there to fit that strategy. JT would be a very strong trade candidate here as they have two wrs with low cap hits. Minnesota would be best winding down cousins pass attempts to more efficient play action with chunk plays with a strong running game to threaten defenses. No one is threatened by mattison. No one. Hence blitzing becomes very effective

Maybe Mattison will have more fire to play better now.....

"
Running back Alexander Mattison was subject to racist messages from fans after his performance in the Minnesota Vikings' 34-28 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday night.

He ran for 28 yards on nine carries and lost a fumble in the game. Friday morning, he took to Instagram to share two screenshots of abusive messages that included racial slurs. One of those direct messages told him to kill himself, and he claims he received many more."

Chargers
Panthers
Chiefs
Bears

Those are the next 4 opponents and he really needs to get right in 3 of those 4. 2 should be high scoring. Heck, they all may be
It is also represents possibly rhe best sell window

After those 4, 49ers.....

There’s no place for this for sure. If true, it’s disgusting, but unfortunately unenforceable.

Weird he has DMs/PMs open. Most celebs don’t for this exact reason.
Of course its enforceable. The U.S should BAN all social media platforms, Facebook, insta, twitter, snapchat.. all of it is a problem. I would love to see a report of the amount of suicide deaths after the reception of social media and before.

There’s no place for this for sure. If true, it’s disgusting, but unfortunately unenforceable.

Of course its enforceable. The U.S should BAN all social media platforms, Facebook, insta, twitter, snapchat.. all of it is a problem. I would love to see a report of the amount of suicide deaths after the reception of social media and before.
Bit extreme

Bit extreme
Extreme change calls for extreme measures. There is no advantage for the people to have social media other than it being another channel for multi billion doller companies to matket their product.

I grew up just fine in the 80's, and 90's without the SM crap. I went outside and played manhunt with my friends everday but nowadays u have kids glued to there phone in home on SM while doing the hot chip challenge and dying

Bit extreme
Extreme change calls for extreme measures. There is no advantage for the people to have social media other than it being another channel for multi billion doller companies to matket their product.

I grew up just fine in the 80's, and 90's without the SM crap. I went outside and played manhunt with my friends everday but nowadays u have kids glued to there phone in home on SM while doing the hot chip challenge and dying
I was also born in 1970

Social media had helped oppressed people organize. Pets rejoined, grass roots parties to build awareness.

If it weren’t a powerful tool for good, Elon Musk wouldn’t have bought Twitter.

Can be used for good and evil. Unfortunately, evil is better funded.

Correlation does not equal causality.

Makes me wonder if Mattison isn’t completely healthy? Missed time in preseason and hasn’t really been given a ton of touches.

I could be wrong but i feel like Mattison did almost nothing last year, many folks drafted him and kept rostering him all season for zero pay off.
He's not as good as some of you think
Yes if Cook is released or traded then Mattison would see an uptick.
Alexander signed a 2 yr/$7M deal or extension in March, what a bargain the Vikings got if they try and make him the starting RB.
I wonder if Mattison was told he might be starting when he signed.
:banned:

I could be wrong but i feel like Mattison did almost nothing last year, many folks drafted him and kept rostering him all season for zero pay off.
He's not as good as some of you think
Yes if Cook is released or traded then Mattison would see an uptick.
Alexander signed a 2 yr/$7M deal or extension in March, what a bargain the Vikings got if they try and make him the starting RB.
I wonder if Mattison was told he might be starting when he signed.
:banned:
folks thought I sold low to get a ‘25 1st + Mike Williams for Mattison+KJO

Feels pretty pretty good right about now.

I also think Akers is not very good and shouldn’t take too many of Mattison’s wor
Really? I don't see why the Vikings make this trade unless they feel he is the better talent.
They swapped draft picks - not exactly a huge trade.
Do we know what round pick it is they are swapping?
"Swap of 2026 late-round picks", geez that trade wouldn't even be allowed in a lot of dynasty leagues b/c it's too far in the future. I've given up more for items I've bought off Craigslist.

I also think Akers is not very good and shouldn’t take too many of Mattison’s wor
Really? I don't see why the Vikings make this trade unless they feel he is the better talent.
They swapped draft picks - not exactly a huge trade.
Do we know what round pick it is they are swapping?

Vikings 2026 6th rounder for Akers and Rams 2026 7th rounder.

So basically rams gave him away for free.

Users who are viewing this thread