What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Aaron Jones, MIN (2 Viewers)

Is Patrick Taylor playing? He scored 5.9 ppr points in week 3, nothing in week 4. Projection has him at 0 on ESPN.

I need some damn points!

With GB playing on Monday night, us Jones owners may have a tough call this week. Is there any concern they end up sitting him considering they have a week 6 bye?
I should have listened to myself but left him in my lineup. I was concerned with the bye next week but still rolled the dice and will pay dearly in a league I needed wins. We play doubleheaders, only needed 4 points from AJ for one win and the other game I will need Love to score under 26 for the win now. Sorry, rant over.

Dude in our league has a 7-point lead with an Aaron Jones goose-egg against Jacobs tonight. He has Meyers on his bench. But Jones is stuck in a RB slot even though he played a 1:00 RB in his flex. Ouch. Then again ... he is 0-4, so ... yay?

Dynasty league walked in with Barkley, Jones, Dobbins, Rhamondre, and Pollard. Thought, well at least I'm more than set at RB. Fantasy gods laughed in my face.

At least you'd like to think having the bye week to continue to get healthy should put him in a good spot when he comes back week 7. Especially considering he's playing Denver.

What are people thinking about Jones coming out of the bye? Feels like he should be the centerpiece of the offense, given Love's struggles, but is that going to be RB1 value like it used to be, or is the offense bad enough that RB2 value is more realistic?

What are people thinking about Jones coming out of the bye? Feels like he should be the centerpiece of the offense, given Love's struggles, but is that going to be RB1 value like it used to be, or is the offense bad enough that RB2 value is more realistic?
I am looking to acquire him if possible (cheap) but the SOS is not great. He faces 5 of next 8 games vs Top 10 Run Def (yeah I know that is fluid, but we have to use what we have).
Dallas has a good RB SOS, but nobody is parting ways with Pollard.

I think he will be a PPR monster as the WR have been struggling (wrong routes, bad reactions, and typical rookie mistakes).
YES, I agree. I think A Jones will be getting 20+ touches for the next 6 weeks.

I am looking to acquire him if possible (cheap) but the SOS is not great. He faces 5 of next 8 games vs Top 10 Run Def (yeah I know that is fluid, but we have to use what we have).
Dallas has a good RB SOS, but nobody is parting ways with Pollard.

I think he will be a PPR monster as the WR have been struggling (wrong routes, bad reactions, and typical rookie mistakes).
YES, I agree. I think A Jones will be getting 20+ touches for the next 6 weeks.
There is certainly a scenario where if Jones is 100%, he leaves Dillon in the dust. Dillon has thoroughly shown he's if not JAG, then a horrible fit in this offense, and Jones also gives them that reliable veteran to rally around and take pressure off of Love.

I think your PPR monster with 20+ touches weekly is certainly on the table, it all comes down to health, and whether the offense can be a lot better than it looked against the Raiders.

Always been a huge fan of Jones, speaking firsthand as a Bears fan, he's always been a scary weapon whenever he gets going in the passing game.

Dillon has thoroughly shown he's if not JAG, then a horrible fit in this offense

Drafted AJ Dillon last year and realized after watching him closely soon after that he is the jaggiest of the JAGs. Dude has been riding his rookie thunder thighs hype for years. No vision, little burst and zero lateral mobility. He flat out sucks at everything we look for in RB dynamism.

Agreed if/when ever Jones returns to (anywhere near) full health, he and his owners have absolutely nothing to fear from AJ Dill pickle, sans for the occasional G/L vulture. Dillon is the RB version of Allen Robinson, except that ARob had at least one good season to lean on (and lean on he has).

Dillon has thoroughly shown he's if not JAG, then a horrible fit in this offense

Drafted AJ Dillon last year and realized after watching him closely soon after that he is the jaggiest of the JAGs. Dude has been riding his rookie thunder thighs hype for years. No vision, little burst and zero lateral mobility. He flat out sucks at everything we look for in RB dynamism.

Agreed if/when ever Jones returns to (anywhere near) full health, he and his owners have absolutely nothing to fear from AJ Dill pickle, sans for the occasional G/L vulture. Dillon is the RB version of Allen Robinson, except that ARob had at least one good season to lean on (and lean on he has).
Come on now, Robinson had like 3 good seasons.

I do think Dillon would be much more effective in a gap scheme than he is in a zone scheme. Which of course begs the question as to why he was drafted where he was, but that's always been a good question.

I'm under the impression Jones is back to full health after having last played September 28th. He got 2 weeks off, plus that last game was a Thursday. So 24 days by Sunday.

Robinson had like 3 good seasons.

Depends on how you measure. By my account he had one highly efficient, highly productive season - his SECOND year in the NFL and has been living off it since. Great for him. Bad for the owners of his fantasy and NFL contracts.

2015 - 80 rec 1400 yds 17.5 YPR 14 TD

He rec'd (and deserved 👏) 150+ targets that year. He rec'd 150+ targets three more times after that and never even sniffed 17.5 YPR or 14 TD, or anything even remotely close.

There are few WRs ever who have lived an entire career's worth of job security off of one big season the way ARob has. Good for him, but let's call the spade.

Per NBC:

Packers HC Matt LaFleur said he’s, “Read to cut him loose,” when asked about Aaron Jones playing in Week 9.

———-

Should be a dazzling 15 touches before he disappears for another six weeks with sand in vagina

Per NBC:

Packers HC Matt LaFleur said he’s, “Ready to cut him loose,” when asked about Aaron Jones playing in Week 9.

———-

Should be a dazzling 15 touches before he disappears for another six weeks with sand in vagina

Man. The site cutting of the last word in that quote and moving it to the next line really caught me off-guard.

Per NBC:

Packers HC Matt LaFleur said he’s, “Read to cut him loose,” when asked about Aaron Jones playing in Week 9.

———-

So far they are cutting him loose, getting all kind of touches on the first drive.

Packers RB Aaron Jones (knee) has an MCL sprain and will most likely miss Thursday’s game against the Lions.

Considering how serious the injury looked on Sunday, with Jones being carted off the field in tears, the fact that he’s considered “week-to-week” should be seen as a major win. The short turnaround before Thursday’s game means we’re going to see AJ Dillon lead the backfield on Thanksgiving against the Lions, but there is an outside chance that Jones could be back in Week 13 against the Chiefs and it seems likely that fantasy managers should expect to have him for at least some of the fantasy playoffs.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Jones (knee) is unlikely to play in Week 12 against the Lions.

The Packers have dubbed Jones “week to week” after he was carted off in Week 11 against the Chargers. Rapoport said the Jones injury is not considered serious or long term but he will be sidelined against Detroit on Thanksgiving. That could mean a hefty workload for the lumbering AJ Dillon, who is struggling with a groin injury. Packers RB Emmanuel Wilson, who mixed in against LA after Jones exited, hasn’t practiced this week with an ankle issue. It’s hard to say who will see the carries for Green Bay on Thursday.

Packers RB Aaron Jones (knee) is inactive for Week 14 against the Giants.

Jones came into the contest listed as questionable but will ultimately mis his third consecutive contest in Week 14. The Packers will be relatively shorthanded for their primetime meeting with the Giants, which comes at a poor time considering their recent surge into playoff contention. Also inactive for the Packers are LB Quay Walker, WR Christian Watson, CB Jaire Alexander, CB Kyu Blu Kelly, and OT Caleb Jones.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I kind of forgot he was on my team.
After he won W1 for us, it's been a season of not being there or much much worse (like the Monday night screw job).

It became easier to pretend he wasn't there, but um.......he's practicing. :unsure:

Anybody got the stones to do it?

I'm about to say the 3 most dangerous words in the English language, but "if he's healthy" we know how good he can be.

After he won W1 for us, it's been a season of not being there or much much worse (like the Monday night screw job).

It became easier to pretend he wasn't there, but um.......he's practicing. :unsure:

I'm about to say the 3 most dangerous words in the English language, but "if he's healthy" we know how good he can be.
Only way I start him is if Dillon is out. Can trust him otherwise

Only way I start him is if Dillon is out. Can trust him otherwise
I'm on board with this , but luckily have a bye so I can assess next week.

When the Packers draft TreyVeon Henderson (should he declare), that will show you just how they feel about Aaron Jones and Dillon going forward.

When the Packers draft TreyVeon Henderson (should he declare), that will show you just how they feel about Aaron Jones and Dillon going forward.
Jones is older and a free agent IIRC so he's probably gone.

I've benefited greatly from Ekeler and Jones combo in FF and been moving on, trading them off all my teams.

I keep adding and dropping Patrick Taylor because the injury news is grim each week but he doesn't do much.

I think Lafleur will be trying to reunite with Henry if he makes it to free agency. I agree they'll draft someone but he could be an attention grabber right now so all those youngsters in the passing game can get comfy. The drafted guy can try n keep up and take over the reins someday

Jones is older and a free agent IIRC so he's probably gone.

I've benefited greatly from Ekeler and Jones combo in FF and been moving on, trading them off all my teams.

I keep adding and dropping Patrick Taylor because the injury news is grim each week but he doesn't do much.

I think Lafleur will be trying to reunite with Henry if he makes it to free agency. I agree they'll draft someone but he could be an attention grabber right now so all those youngsters in the passing game can get comfy. The drafted guy can try n keep up and take over the reins someday
Sooner than you think if it’s Henderson or Benson.

Reactions: Bri
Looking at his contract (and I may be reading it wrong) it looks like Jones will probably be there for one more year...I think they can still squeeze out one more productive year out of him as part of a RBBC...Dillon is a UFA and I could see them replacing him...he has had his opportunities and is ok but he really hasn't played to the level they probably hoped he would when they used a #2 on him.

Reactions: Bri
Just sold jones for a mid 24 2nd in a ten team league. Probably going to regret that one for this year

I don't think you are gonna do better than that.
I agree. I’m really only speaking of regret in playoff implication terms. Mostly because right after I sent him away Tyreek became a game time decision and my replacement would be one of mclaurin or Ferguson. Ferguson isn’t bad but gb is firing on all cylinders lately so I assume jones would be a better play

Jones is active while Dillon is out, but still not very confident in Aaron that he’ll get a ton of work and be productive. Maybe a bunch of dumpoffs though could prop his value.

Packers RB Aaron Jones was removed from the injury report and will play against the Panthers.

Jones has been a mainstay on the Packers injury reports this season, making it meaningful that he has been removed entirely ahead of the team’s must-win Week 16 matchup with the Panthers. Fellow running back AJ Dillon is listed as questionable after missing Week 15. Jones could build upon the 17 running back opportunities he saw a week ago considering the clean bill of health.

Aaron is going to push FF teams to the ship this week. Many are nervous because of the body of work this year but I really think he has a vintage Aaron big day this week vs the weak Panther D in a GB must win. Smoke ‘‘em if you got him

Aaron is going to push FF teams to the ship this week. Many are nervous because of the body of work this year but I really think he has a vintage Aaron big day this week vs the weak Panther D in a GB must win. Smoke ‘‘em if you got him
The Panther defense is ranked 3rd in total yards.

I had kind of written him off. Clearly the injuries have been an issue most of the season. He's been elite since coming back. The offense is a lot better than I anticipated. Also AJ Dillon is a hot mess.

He just turned 29, which is ancient. But he looks like the same old Aaron Jones over the last 5 games. Assuming he's still in GB, I like him going into 24.

Users who are viewing this thread