What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Zach Mettenberger (2 Viewers)

Not exciting today like I hoped, but he showed enough.

Most importantly he didn't show terrible decision making nor a lack of poise in the pocket.

Anyone would have been sacked those two times, had nothing to do with him not being mobile.

He does throw deep effortlessly.

He made at least 6 throws Locker never would have.

Interesting dilemma in wanting to go downfield rather than the dink dunk to Wright while I've been rooting for them to actually throw the ball, that's his bread N butter. He got a 48 yarder which I think announcer said was longest of his career.

I'm fine with this first start. It was fine.

They didn't run much, running was more like an interruption to passing often. Surely they will next game.

A bye and tape to actually go over....we shall see

This is my biggest problem with Mettenberger:

Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger offered one-liners to reporters and served up selfies on his social media outlets – photos making light of the pressure that goes with stepping into the spotlight as an NFL starter for the first time.

Mettenberger even posted a selfie from the locker room a few hours before kickoff.

"I take my job very seriously," Watt said. "If I was a rookie quarterback being named the starter for the first time in the league, I feel like I'd be a little bit more focused than that. Maybe he'll learn from it, maybe not. We won the game, so that's all that matters."

Dude has this look and current mindset of 'its just a game'. It's rare when a great QB acts like that ever. I want guys with Watts' attitude. Like he said, maybe he'll learn form it, maybe not. I question whether this guy ahs the mental makeup to breakdown film like the great ones do. Didn't he have some big issues in college?

I did like what I saw though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Mettenberger looked a rookie making his first start. He only got yardage at the end when the Texans were playing prevent and had most of their back-ups in. I did not see anything special about this guy. Looks like a JAG to me. Of course, like I said, it was his first start.

Here are my QB scores this year:

1: Kaepernick 20

2: Kaepernick 20 (Bench: E.Manning 24)

3: Kaepernick 19 (Bench: K.Cousins 37)

4: Kaepernick 24 (Bench: E.Manning 41)

5: Kaepernick 15 (Bench: K.Cousins 25)

6: E.Manning 7 (Bench: Kaepernick 36, Cousins 28) [cost a win]

7: Kaepernick 19 (Bench: E.Manning 27) [cost a win]

8: Mettenberger 24!

Best score of the year leading my team to a 6-point win. He's my starter from here on!

Well, no. But it's plausible that he can put up some reasonable fantasy numbers.

Here are my QB scores this year:

1: Kaepernick 20

2: Kaepernick 20 (Bench: E.Manning 24)

3: Kaepernick 19 (Bench: K.Cousins 37)

4: Kaepernick 24 (Bench: E.Manning 41)

5: Kaepernick 15 (Bench: K.Cousins 25)

6: E.Manning 7 (Bench: Kaepernick 36, Cousins 28) [cost a win]

7: Kaepernick 19 (Bench: E.Manning 27) [cost a win]

8: Mettenberger 24!

Best score of the year leading my team to a 6-point win. He's my starter from here on!

Well, no. But it's plausible that he can put up some reasonable fantasy numbers.
Notice how Gomer kept screwing you over. I cut that POS last year for that reason.

I thought Mettenberger looked a rookie making his first start. He only got yardage at the end when the Texans were playing prevent and had most of their back-ups in. I did not see anything special about this guy. Looks like a JAG to me. Of course, like I said, it was his first start.
Above, I wasn't overly complimentary either.

FBGs comments in email lately, especially today make me wonder if he kicked someone's dog. "to fit Mettenberger's limited strengths and considerable weaknesses"

Kinda harsh IMO, made me want to say well he did throw for nearly 300 yards in his first start.

This is my biggest problem with Mettenberger:

Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger offered one-liners to reporters and served up selfies on his social media outlets – photos making light of the pressure that goes with stepping into the spotlight as an NFL starter for the first time.

Mettenberger even posted a selfie from the locker room a few hours before kickoff.

"I take my job very seriously," Watt said. "If I was a rookie quarterback being named the starter for the first time in the league, I feel like I'd be a little bit more focused than that. Maybe he'll learn from it, maybe not. We won the game, so that's all that matters."

Dude has this look and current mindset of 'its just a game'. It's rare when a great QB acts like that ever. I want guys with Watts' attitude. Like he said, maybe he'll learn form it, maybe not. I question whether this guy ahs the mental makeup to breakdown film like the great ones do. Didn't he have some big issues in college?

I did like what I saw though.
""Kids today" is how I see the picture stuff.

I have like 3 pics on fb and instagram is like "rrrrreally now" but...I do realize lots of people do that.

There aren't articles of him lacking in preparation or practice time. He's just one of those that likes to take selfies

I felt bad for him and the way people twist things.

The Titans seemed to dislike his appearance and he was told how as the starting QB you're the face of the franchise.

He gets shave and haircut.

He tries to explain why to reporters, explains what he was told and now gets mocked- after one start you're the face of the franchise?

It wasn't arrogant, some would have been insulted even and now he's taken as if it was

He also said something like- Down 21-3, I'm not doing my job well (question) down 18, I think all of us could do better

response-Mett throws teammates under the bus

The quote that wasn't said-After the bye, I'm hoping to get some extra passes thrown my way.

The quote that was- Wide receiver Nate Washington entered the NFL with the Steelers in 2005, where he became teammates with second-year quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Washington is now in Tennessee and playing with rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger, who made his first start against Houston last week. Washington liked what he saw from Mettenberger and compared him favorably to Roethlisberger in terms of NFL readiness on Wednesday while also getting in a little dig at the Titans running game.

“I will comment and say that I don’t think Ben coming in is the same as Zach Mettenberger. At this stage he’s at now, I think Zach understands the NFL a little more than maybe Ben did at that time, but the thing that Ben had at that time that was maybe a little more beneficial was he had an outstanding running game,” Washington said, via Terry McCormick of 247Sports.com. “He had that run game and everything that he had to do was built off our run game, whether it was play action, or whatever else it was, it gave Ben an opportunity to go out and be adjustable to whatever the game was, whereas Zach we’re kind of throwing him out there and saying, ‘We know you’re capable of showing your arm and your ability.’ That’s the leeway I think they’re kind of giving him.”

Rotoworld:

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said the Titans used the bye week to get Zach Mettenberger a lot of plays.

Mettenberger was thrown into the fire right before the bye against the Texans. He started off shaky, but caught fire late, going 20-of-28 for 237 yards with two touchdowns in the second half. Two weeks taking all the first-team reps is encouraging, but we'd be higher on him as a streamer if he didn't have to play at Baltimore in Week 10. It's a very difficult place to play and the Ravens' defense is smarting after getting humiliated at Pittsburgh on Sunday Night Football.

Source: Nashville Tennessean
Nov 4 - 10:39 AM

BAL D didn't give up 6 passing TDs to PIT because they felt like being generous. They got shelled because they couldn't do anything about it. A combination of not being able to cover and not being able to generate pressure.

Mett isn't Roethlisberger and the TEN pass O isn't PIT's. Mett won't scorch BAL for a ton of TDs. But let's not pretend that BAL can generate a D that they no longer have just because they dropped trou last game.

BAL D didn't give up 6 passing TDs to PIT because they felt like being generous. They got shelled because they couldn't do anything about it. A combination of not being able to cover and not being able to generate pressure.

Mett isn't Roethlisberger and the TEN pass O isn't PIT's. Mett won't scorch BAL for a ton of TDs. But let's not pretend that BAL can generate a D that they no longer have just because they dropped trou last game.
I agree.

A DC should be able to confuse a wet behind the ears rook into several mistakes and if any D is historically unkind to rookie QBs, it'd be Baltimore's IMO.

Neither Hunter nor Wright are Brown, but Wright's been very quiet lately and I've been oh so curious of he and Mett and how (if used well) a speedy underneath WR could work opposite Hunter and...it might be a weak enough secondary that they could show some life for a change.

Call me crazy. I'm 9-0 and have a magic # of 1 to lock up the bye. Dalton is my starter. I'm picking up Mettenberger and stashing him with a week 15 home game against the Jets. Don't know if I'll have the nads to play him in the semi's, but as of right now everyone is throwing for 3 TD's against the Jets, and it's doubtful that weather will be a factor like it could be for Cincy. I'll spend the next few weeks watching.

I took a flier on him as a backup with upside for the following:

In a lost first year of Ken Whisenhunt's head-coaching tenure, the Titans are already in full-blown evaluation mode. They've demoted several veterans in favor of young players and used their Week 9 bye to emphasize that, shoving as many first-team reps as possible down Zach Mettenberger's throat....Whisenhunt has shown a willingness to abandon the run at the drop of a hat.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/49837/179/silvas-week-10-matchups?pg=2

And Tenn's upcoming schedule vs. the pass is SOFT:

@BAL 2.2%

PIT -3.2%

@PHI 4.7%

@HOU 18.0%

NYG 15.2%

NYJ 11.0%

"Green highlights a potentially positive matchup for the team, and red highlights a potentially negative matchup for the team. No highlight indicates a neutral matchup."

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?o=3

Anyone's tinfoil hat think Whisenhunt is tanking? Saw a bit of what they can do but didn't want to put them in a position to win the game?

Rotoworld:

Zach Mettenberger completed 16-of-27 passes for 179 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Titans' Week 10 loss to Baltimore.

The Titans got off to a fast start in the first quarter as Mettenberger connected on gains of 17, 17, 17, 15, and 15 to a wide variety of pass catchers. His lone touchdown came in the initial frame on a three-yard shovel pass to Leon Washington. The Titans wouldn't convert another first down until midway through the fourth quarter, however, as coach Ken Whisenhunt called a miserably conservative game, and Mettenberger held onto the ball far too long, taking five sacks. Mettenberger won't even be an option in two-quarterback leagues when the Titans face the Steelers in Week 10.

Nov 9 - 4:12 PM

Anyone's tinfoil hat think Whisenhunt is tanking? Saw a bit of what they can do but didn't want to put them in a position to win the game?
I've thought that many times like geesh we know you know offense what are you doing?

If you missed it, Mettenberger had a play sure to be reviewed and reviewed and reviewed for some time as to what not to do if you're a ref.

He dropped back and the Ravens defender pushes the Titans lineman back into him some. The DL reaches under the armpit of the OL and grabs Mett's facemask.

No penalty.

Standup sack.

He was stuck there, trying to get the guy's hand off his facemask.

Announcers said the ref couldn't see it, ummmm then move so you can. They weren't dancing and it took several seconds.

Once NFL gets the game tape, that's probably a fine for the Ravens DL.

The fourth-round draft pick out of LSU has shown promise despite his inexperience and here is what the Steelers are saying about the 6-foot-5, 224-pound Mettenberger:

Free safety Mike Mitchell: “He has a really strong arm and seems to be very professional (as) a young guy by the way he controls the line of scrimmage type stuff. He doesn’t seem like he’s young and doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s not going to be as mobile as (Michael) Vick obviously so that will help us out. I feel like it’s always a little bit easier when you have to defend a pocket passer.”

Coach Mike Tomlin: “He has a ridiculously strong arm. He is your classic pocket passer. He is a talented young man. I really got a chance to get to know him at LSU while he was in school because I annually go to their pro days.”

Defensive end Brett Keisel: “He’s got a strong arm and they’re kind of simplifying things for him. The potential’s there and Whisenhunt has had success with young quarterbacks. We have one in here that he did well with and they have a good feel for us and our schemes so it’s going to be a challenge.”

Defensive coordinator **** LeBeau: “He’s got a real strong arm. He’s big so he’s got real nice vision of the field. I haven’t seen a ball that he can’t get there. Watching him in college he was definitely a winner there (at LSU). (He) had a lot of big, deep throws. He throws a wonderful deep ball.”

The fourth-round draft pick out of LSU has shown promise despite his inexperience and here is what the Steelers are saying about the 6-foot-5, 224-pound Mettenberger:

Free safety Mike Mitchell: “He has a really strong arm and seems to be very professional (as) a young guy by the way he controls the line of scrimmage type stuff. He doesn’t seem like he’s young and doesn’t know what he’s doing. He’s not going to be as mobile as (Michael) Vick obviously so that will help us out. I feel like it’s always a little bit easier when you have to defend a pocket passer.”

Coach Mike Tomlin: “He has a ridiculously strong arm. He is your classic pocket passer. He is a talented young man. I really got a chance to get to know him at LSU while he was in school because I annually go to their pro days.”

Defensive end Brett Keisel: “He’s got a strong arm and they’re kind of simplifying things for him. The potential’s there and Whisenhunt has had success with young quarterbacks. We have one in here that he did well with and they have a good feel for us and our schemes so it’s going to be a challenge.”

Defensive coordinator **** LeBeau: “He’s got a real strong arm. He’s big so he’s got real nice vision of the field. I haven’t seen a ball that he can’t get there. Watching him in college he was definitely a winner there (at LSU). (He) had a lot of big, deep throws. He throws a wonderful deep ball.”
So i guess we can conclude that the steelers think he has a strong arm.

Looking pretty good tonight, what are your thoughts on him for the remainder of the season? What about dynasty?

Rotoworld:

Zach Mettenberger completed 15-of-24 passes for 263 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Titans' 27-24, Week 11 loss to the Steelers on Monday night.

Mettenberger has a long delivery with cement blocks for feet. He needs plenty of time to load up and release the ball, but the Titans’ offensive line gave him enough time against a defense that was minus Troy Polamalu, Ryan Shazier, Ike Taylor, and Steve McLendon. Despite throwing a pick-six to William Gay on his first pass, Mettenberger picked on Gay all night, hooking up with Nate Washington for an 80-yard touchdown and Justin Hunter for a 36-yard gain behind Gay. He dialed up short passes to Kendall Wright for chunk gains, utilizing Wright’s post-catch ability. It was easily Mettenberger’s best start of the season, but he has a long way to go in his development and won’t have the luxury of facing the Steelers every week. He’s not even a recommended option in two-QB leagues. The Eagles are up next for the Titans.

Nov 17 - 11:28 PM

Rotoworld:

Zach Mettenberger completed 15-of-24 passes for 263 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Titans' 27-24, Week 11 loss to the Steelers on Monday night.

Mettenberger has a long delivery with cement blocks for feet. He needs plenty of time to load up and release the ball, but the Titans’ offensive line gave him enough time against a defense that was minus Troy Polamalu, Ryan Shazier, Ike Taylor, and Steve McLendon. Despite throwing a pick-six to William Gay on his first pass, Mettenberger picked on Gay all night, hooking up with Nate Washington for an 80-yard touchdown and Justin Hunter for a 36-yard gain behind Gay. He dialed up short passes to Kendall Wright for chunk gains, utilizing Wright’s post-catch ability. It was easily Mettenberger’s best start of the season, but he has a long way to go in his development and won’t have the luxury of facing the Steelers every week. He’s not even a recommended option in two-QB leagues. The Eagles are up next for the Titans.

Typical Rotoworld garbage. He's #16 in points per game in the three weeks since he got the starting job, which makes him a solid start in a 2-QB league and a decent backup in 1QB leagues. He has two 250-yard, 2-TD games in three starts. And every defense he plays for the rest of the year is ranked #16 or worse against the pass, including the #28 Eagles next week and the #31 Texans the following week. He doesn't get "the luxury" of facing the Steelers, but five of his remaining six games are against teams with worse pass defenses than Pittsburgh.

He could easily be a waiver-wire savior for someone who was relying on Palmer or Foles.

The critics of him are so plentiful. Myself and others in game thread thought he looked good last night. The cement feet release stuff is garbage, and has been. He improved this last night and had several snap n throw plays. Its impossible to do it quicker, geesh

THUS FAR-I am totally fine with the Titans not adding some QB and considering Mettenberger the starter for next year.

There's plenty of holes, I don't feel he's a problem. Many other spots, I think are.

THUS FAR-I am totally fine with the Titans not adding some QB and considering Mettenberger the starter for next year.

There's plenty of holes, I don't feel he's a problem. Many other spots, I think are.
I'm still in favor of them taking the Duck but only because I think he can be a special QB. If they opted to shore up the OL or D that would be perfectly fine too. Some mocks have them taking Cooper. Great potential, but the one area they don't need as much help.

I'm still in favor of them taking the Duck but only because I think he can be a special QB. If they opted to shore up the OL or D that would be perfectly fine too. Some mocks have them taking Cooper. Great potential, but the one area they don't need as much help.
I doubt they get the top pick so I don't think they can get Mariota.

I see a dislike for Sankey and Hunter in the words and body language from Whisenhunt. I think Sankey is getting tough love (and responding well) while Hunter has gone from tough love to frustrating him. I don't think a RB is worthy of a high pick yet but if Gordon has another phenomenal game he could change that. Seems like everything about Cooper is wonderful. If so, then I want a trade of Hunter and some value returned. I don't want a year of heckling by a coach. Sometimes I think Whisenhunt needs to talk to the player not the press and crosses a line.

I'm very annoyed with Derrick Morgan at OLB. I see specialness becoming ordinary and it reminds me of Kiwi too much. I think they could probably get some real good value in return for him and would rather an actual OLB. Same with Wimbley.

I see only one CB scouts adore and the praise doesn't seem so strong. I would be totally fine with the top CB though. I want two CBs. Bleeding has played better the last two weeks, but it really frustrates me every sunday.

Push comes to shove, they're probably replacing Roos with their pick. Oher has been as bad as advertised. I think Lewan's awesome feet and their propensity to run right make him better suited on the right side.

Today they could probably draft and trade that guy that plays LB and RB to New England. Maybe more for the pick last week, before Gray's big game, but still I gotta figure BB drools over him.

I'm worried if in rebuild mode, Griffin will be seen as old and thus too expensive. He makes 8.1 and 8.3 mil the next two years. The frustration the GM gives me makes me think Griffin will be traded (for little, despite his play) and Landon Collins will be drafted for his spot. This would be no improvement and probably a step backward til the rook learns the game.

A million TE injuries and Stephens' age probably mean they'll draft a TE at some point. I wonder if Thompson should be tried as a DE before he's considered a bust.

I doubt they get the top pick so I don't think they can get Mariota.

I see a dislike for Sankey and Hunter in the words and body language from Whisenhunt. I think Sankey is getting tough love (and responding well) while Hunter has gone from tough love to frustrating him. I don't think a RB is worthy of a high pick yet but if Gordon has another phenomenal game he could change that. Seems like everything about Cooper is wonderful. If so, then I want a trade of Hunter and some value returned. I don't want a year of heckling by a coach. Sometimes I think Whisenhunt needs to talk to the player not the press and crosses a line.

I'm very annoyed with Derrick Morgan at OLB. I see specialness becoming ordinary and it reminds me of Kiwi too much. I think they could probably get some real good value in return for him and would rather an actual OLB. Same with Wimbley.

I see only one CB scouts adore and the praise doesn't seem so strong. I would be totally fine with the top CB though. I want two CBs. Bleeding has played better the last two weeks, but it really frustrates me every sunday.

Push comes to shove, they're probably replacing Roos with their pick. Oher has been as bad as advertised. I think Lewan's awesome feet and their propensity to run right make him better suited on the right side.

Today they could probably draft and trade that guy that plays LB and RB to New England. Maybe more for the pick last week, before Gray's big game, but still I gotta figure BB drools over him.

I'm worried if in rebuild mode, Griffin will be seen as old and thus too expensive. He makes 8.1 and 8.3 mil the next two years. The frustration the GM gives me makes me think Griffin will be traded (for little, despite his play) and Landon Collins will be drafted for his spot. This would be no improvement and probably a step backward til the rook learns the game.

A million TE injuries and Stephens' age probably mean they'll draft a TE at some point. I wonder if Thompson should be tried as a DE before he's considered a bust.
If they can get value for Hunter, that's worth pursuing.

Gordon might be awesome but no RB is worth a top 5 pick. Maybe add Hunter to their 2nd and moving up into the late 1st for Gordon?

TT's lack of production is frustrating. The kid has talent but hasn't put it together.

Weeks 15 and 16 will be the Duck bowls. Titans could easily lose both of those games and will likely lose the rest of the season.

Rotoworld:

Typical Rotoworld garbage. He's #16 in points per game in the three weeks since he got the starting job, which makes him a solid start in a 2-QB league and a decent backup in 1QB leagues. He has two 250-yard, 2-TD games in three starts. And every defense he plays for the rest of the year is ranked #16 or worse against the pass, including the #28 Eagles next week and the #31 Texans the following week. He doesn't get "the luxury" of facing the Steelers, but five of his remaining six games are against teams with worse pass defenses than Pittsburgh.

He could easily be a waiver-wire savior for someone who was relying on Palmer or Foles.
And how does Rotoworld respond to being wrong? Doubling down:

Zach Mettenberger completed 20-of-39 passes for 345 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in Sunday's Week 12 loss at Philadelphia.
Mettenberger's numbers look way better than he played. Under heavy pressure all day, he held the ball too long, dropped his eyes too often and took five sacks. His touchdowns came on a deflected crossing pattern to Justin Hunter and a garbage-time toss to Dexter McCluster with the score 40-17. Mettenberger will not be a recommended fantasy play at Houston's fearsome pass rush in Week 13
Seriously, Houston's fearsome pass rush? They're ranked #31 against the pass and #19 in sacks.

Mettenberger is at the very least a solid fantasy backup, and may be playing himself into the bottom end of QB1 status.

Fourth game, 345 yards...still totally fine with him.

Rotoworld obviously has one of them, I am still "thrown" by the people that hate this guy. He held the ball too long on one sack, but that's not uncommon with every NFL QB not even just rookies.

Hunter made a poor effort on one INT and I blame him some percentage of it.

For some weird reason, Wright was ignored for at least half the game.

When Mett is on, they move the ball down the field so fast and it's extremely impressive. When Hunter and Wright were involved, I felt like Walker was even better than he normally is. The Eagles D(and probably every D) didn't have enough men to double everyone and Walker made it seem easy to only have one defender on him for a change. This, to me, is when McCluster should come out of the backfield. The D is overwhelmed with Wright and Hunter and Walker seems too much and then hit the speedy smooth guy to "break their back." Instead McCluster comes in when they switch to their slow Parcells type yawn offense and the plays to him are so very predictable.

Most of all, it's the third or fourth time since Mett has started that they move the ball down the field effortlessly two times in a row and then the plodding offense is their third series. It is so frustrating. It's like yep we are pretty explosive, oh well that's enough of that.

Is this guy a sleeper QB1 down the stretch? Ever since he became starter he has put up 24+ pts in my league every week except vs Baltimore. His schedule is enticing with matchups ve horrible pass defenses Hou, NYG, NYJ, JAX. Does it get any better than that?

Im seriously contemplating starting him over Wilson & Ryan this week.

Is this guy a sleeper QB1 down the stretch? Ever since he became starter he has put up 24+ pts in my league every week except vs Baltimore. His schedule is enticing with matchups ve horrible pass defenses Hou, NYG, NYJ, JAX. Does it get any better than that?

I wouldn't put him in over Ryan; I think he probably has some stinkers in his future. But he's certainly worth considering if you don't have a solid starter.

Cutler owners (like me) should at least consider this kid. At this point, I think it's worth the roll of the dice, especially since Cutler is at Detroit week 13. Who has the stones to go this route? :raises hand:

Most of all, it's the third or fourth time since Mett has started that they move the ball down the field effortlessly two times in a row and then the plodding offense is their third series. It is so frustrating. It's like yep we are pretty explosive, oh well that's enough of that.
I think the term for this is "tanking to get a better draft pick".

I was hoping to get him and carry three QBs along with Cutler and Sanchez... but the luck owner grabbed him which I thought was a great move. Another guy in his division is starting McCown/Flacco.

Five keys for Titans to beat TexansExcerpt:

PROTECT METTENBERGER

Rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger has provided some optimism in an otherwise dismal season, but if the Titans don't protect him better, his season might not last much longer. The Eagles sacked Mettenberger five times and hit him on numerous other occasions in the pocket. Defenders have been running through an offensive line that's now banged up, and the Texans have one of the game's most feared pass rushers in J.J. Watt. He'd love to do some more "selfies" after sacking the rookie. The Titans must keep Watt from turning Mettenberger's lights out.

RUN THE BALL

This has been a key just about every week for the Titans, and just about every week they disappoint. The ground game has been miserable, in fact. There is no consistency. Rookie Bishop Sankey has yet to produce a breakout game, while veterans Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster have been pretty close to non-factors most Sundays. Running the ball effectively would take pressure off of Mettenberger — and the entire team, for that matter.

I wouldn't put him in over Ryan; I think he probably has some stinkers in his future. But he's certainly worth considering if you don't have a solid starter.
im strongly considering him over matt ryan this week as well. ryan has struggled on the road but this week he is at home and his oline has improved a bit since its horrible mid season form. but ryan's matchup with the cardinals is scary.

Users who are viewing this thread