What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tyrod Taylor, NYJ (5 Viewers)

14/19 for 195 yards, 1 TD; 41 yards rushing

A great start to Taylor's career in Buffalo. Completed over 70% of his passes and didn't make any costly mistakes. His accuracy was superb- he was hitting his receivers in stride. His 51 yard TD to Harvin was a perfect throw... it was not defendable. He looked very composed out there- would've never guessed it was his first career start.

All in all, I give him a solid A for his performance today. The offense looked terrific compared to last season. You could tell the Colts had to respect his ability to scramble & it helped open things up. It's been a very long 20 years but if TMobile keeps it up, the Bills finally have found their QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

A great start to Taylor's career in Buffalo. Completed over 70% of his passes and didn't make any costly mistakes. His accuracy was superb- he was hitting his receivers in stride. His 51 yard TD to Harvin was a perfect throw... it was not defendable. He looked very composed out there- would've never guessed it was his first career start.

All in all, I give him a solid A for his performance today. The offense looked terrific compared to last season. You could tell the Colts had to respect his ability to scramble & it helped open things up. It's been a very long 20 years but if TMobile keeps it up, the Bills finally have found their QB.
I wouldn't say the offense looked terrific. Tyrod did a great job and the O-line did a good job pass blocking, but the running game was pretty bad. The run blocking wasn't any better than it was last year really.

I wouldn't say the offense looked terrific. Tyrod did a great job and the O-line did a good job pass blocking, but the running game was pretty bad. The run blocking wasn't any better than it was last year really.
The line did struggle opening up holes but then again, they finished with 147 yards rushing. Williams had 55, Taylor 41, and Shady 41. No one player tore it up in the run game but 147 yards on the ground blows our their production from last season.

That puts them on pace for over 2300 yards . Last season, they had a pathetic 1400 yards.

I think they will fair mucg better as the season goes on & these guys get used to one another. Every player on the line is playing next to someone new

Colts were committed to stop the run and force Taylor to throw from pocket. He then carved them up throwing. When they started to change coverage he started using his legs. Colts looked spooked.

He has a real cool demeanor in the pocket and kept his eyes downfield, even when he was scrambling. We'll see how he does against some better defenses like Miami and the Jets, but I was impressed.

GroveDiesel said:

This.

The o-line was very average looking and frankly, has me worried for when they face a good d-line/linebacking core. Robert Mathis wasn't even playing and the Colts managed to shove them around. Henderson in particular got turnstiled a few times.

Like I said in the Bills thread, Tyrod did give up on a few plays too early, and he needs to learn to slide or he'll be playing 6 games tops this year. He is learning though, and for the most part he did manage to keep his eyes downfield while moving around the pocket. He'll get better at this as the season goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he looked great yesterday and would have high hopes for him going forward if I didn't think that Bill Belichick was going to break him next Sunday.

I thought he looked great yesterday and would have high hopes for him going forward if I didn't think that Bill Belichick was going to break him next Sunday.
Could happen. Pats D didn't look that good in week 1 though..

Anyone give this a chance of being a thing past this season? Or do you think the Bills draft a competent QB first opportunity.

Anyone give this a chance of being a thing past this season? Or do you think the Bills draft a competent QB first opportunity.
Strange question. Of course there's a chance he's the long term answer, but it's going to take a while longer to figure that out.

Happy feet and looked confused in Q2 and Q3. One particularly bad 3 and out where he tripped twice and didnt throw the ball on any of the three snaps.

Played well in the 4th, extended plays to make things happen.

accuracy was off on two picks, both too high.

No there were no garbage time points. They were one score down with a couple of minutes left. He had some overthrows that led to picks, but he made a ton of plays as well. The Bills defense got owned.

No there were no garbage time points. They were one score down with a couple of minutes left. He had some overthrows that led to picks, but he made a ton of plays as well. The Bills defense got owned.
While true the score was 37-13 at the end of the 3rd quarter and the outcome was for all intents and purposes decided.

Redraft thoughts the rest of the season? Pretty strong D and ground game. Fewer passes, but the ability to run helps in fantasy. I can't figure out how it will all add up.

Where do you guys see Taylor in comparison to other low QB1/high QB 2 such as Eli, Stafford, Kapernick?

His rushing ability is intriguing. Especially in 4 pt per passing to leagues where he is extremely more valuable

Here are links to all of Tyrod's passes from the Pats game. You can see he makes some mistakes inviting some sacks and his INTs are generally too high throws by him. On the other hand, he makes some pretty amazing throws as well. That TD to Woods was particularly sweet.

https://vimeo.com/140105188

https://vimeo.com/140105948

Not bad for his second career start.
Thanks for posting.

Guy is unstoppable rolling to his left.

Where do you guys see Taylor in comparison to other low QB1/high QB 2 such as Eli, Stafford, Kapernick?

His rushing ability is intriguing. Especially in 4 pt per passing to leagues where he is extremely more valuable
I'm carrying 3 qbs in a 14 team league Rivers, Dalton, and Taylor - and have him starting this week @ MIA.

We need to see more, but he's looking good so far. Just hope he doesn't get crushed running around.

I'm carrying 3 qbs in a 14 team league Rivers, Dalton, and Taylor - and have him starting this week @ MIA. We need to see more, but he's looking good so far. Just hope he doesn't get crushed running around.
He's a FA in my league. I'm running with a qbbc approach and have Eli right now. I know, no one cares.

I'm considering starting him next week... the guy is exciting to watch. Eli has been solid but I'm starting to wonder if Taylor gives me that edge

Kept waiting for someone to pick him up all preseason, then I finally did and he's been a nice replacement for Bradford today.

Love this guy in Fantasy. I had Russell Wilson and Eli and always tempted to start Wilson but I want to start Taylor so traded away Wilson and started T Mobile this week in both my leagues. Guy is an absolute fantasy # 1 QB.

Top 5 fantasy QB in my league so far. Haven't been able to get myself to pull the trigger on starting him over Wilson so fat, but probably will this next week. He's making great throws and his legs give him a nice fantasy boost.

Tyrod with another big game this week. He looked like a seasoned vet in his first road start with 277 yards, 3 TDs, 72% comp, and a 136 QB rating.

Thru 3 games, he has completed 74.4% with 7 TD / 3 INT & 116 QB rating. Add in another 96 yards rushing & 1 TD on the ground and he is performing at a top 5 level.

I am throughly impressed by what Taylor has managed to do 3 games in. I liked him getting the starting job & thought he could be a better then average QB for us but his play has been borderline great. Completing 75% of his passes with nearly 10 yards per attempt.

He hasnt reverted to using his legs excessively & neglecting to keep his eyes down the field. He has spread the ball around and looked very in control doing it.

I don't know what to think about Tyrod's long-term outlook, but it does make me more optimistic about Hundley's chances 4 years from now when he leaves GB.

I don't know what to think about Tyrod's long-term outlook, but it does make me more optimistic about Hundley's chances 4 years from now when he leaves GB.
Rodgers will be 35 going on 36 the year after Hundley's contract is up. Due to Rodgers getting a late start in his career, he isn't breaking any records unless he throws for 5,000+ the next few and even than it is a long shot. Who knows if Rodgers sticks around at that time.

What do you think his trade value is in terms of WRs? I picked him up as Peyton insurance, but I'm so hurting at WR I figure I might see if I can flip him for the likes of Decker or Watkins to a team with a crappy/injured QB. Am I kidding myself?

Tyrod is top-5 so far. Even as a huge Bills fan, I can't see him sustaining that. Buffalo is not a passing based offense, on the other hand, he's likely to run for at least 30 yards per game. I think top-10 is fair going forward.

That's kinda where I'm at. He's still on waivers in one redraft though in which I have two QBs already. I don't want to roster 3, but don't want to drop a decent QB to the competition. Idk.

What do you think his trade value is in terms of WRs? I picked him up as Peyton insurance, but I'm so hurting at WR I figure I might see if I can flip him for the likes of Decker or Watkins to a team with a crappy/injured QB. Am I kidding myself?
I just offered him out for edelman, james jones, jeffrey, etc. Obviously shooting high. If those fail, i would glady take a decker watkins type and I think it can happen. Can also pair w/ a WR for better WR upgrade. Trying to trade him + watkins or cooks 4 evans to tannahill owner.

Users who are viewing this thread