What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PRP Injection? Ever have? (1 Viewer)

Chemical X

Footballguy
I have old man’s L medial epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow). seems i have some tendon tearing, which creates a burning and pain on the inside of my elbow knob. it’s been 2 years and 3 failed cortisone shots. PT has failed. i prefer to avoid a surgery and have read positive things about PRP in the area. it’s $500 out of pocket, but i can handle that. anyone have a PRP (extra points if you had it in the elbow). looking for feedback, as the doctor says it has a high efficacy rate, but will hurt like all hell.

I’ve had it 3 times, knees. Can’t say it helped a ton but my knees are completely shot and in need of replacement so it’s not surprising. The shot wasn’t fun but not nearly as bad as the hyaluronic acid injections, those were brutal. You know you’re in for it when 3 nurses and a doctor all walk into the room just to give you a shot.

The data is inconclusive, though some studies show improvement in pain/stiffness, but not functionality, for knee osteoarthritis. That’s in comparison to placebo and hyaluronic acid injections; results vs. steroid injections were mixed.

Golfer’s elbow is a different animal than knee arthritis though, and a Cochrane review showed no benefit of PRP for the closely related condition of tennis elbow.

Have you tried rehab with a Flexbar? There is evidence these exercises help, and I used them to rehab my climber’s elbow.

If you’ve failed Flexbar rehab, I’d probably take a $500 shot in hopes of avoiding surgery, but wouldn’t expect much.

An extreme skier that I follow on the gram has it done twice a year and swears it helps. We chatted about it and he does it through a big time dr in vail and it’s around the same price.

shot was today and not unpleasant. drew and spun my blood, took 5 mins. sprayed some cold spray and used the ultra sound to guide. i am quite sore and have limited mobility. can’t use my arm until monday, when i can start exercising. waiting on the results.

Users who are viewing this thread