What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Top 22 Rookies for 2013 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

Post combine update:

1) Keenan Allen WR Cal (same)

2) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama (same)

3) Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee (same)

4) Tavon Austin WR West Virginia (+2)

5) DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson (-1)

6) Gio Bernard RB North Carolina (-1)

7) Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame (same)

8) Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (+2)

9) Marquess Wilson WR Washington State (same)

10) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (+1)

11) Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas (-3)

12) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State (same)

13) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina (+1)

14) Leveon Bell RB Michigan State (-1)

15) Robert Woods WR USC (+1)

16) Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia (+2)

17) Montee Ball RB Wisconsin (same)

18) Terrance Williams WR Baylor (+1)

19) Geno Smith QB West Virginia (+1)

20) Zac Stacy RB Vandy (+1)

21) Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford (-6)

22) Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech (NR)

23) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M (NR)

24) Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA (NR)
Post Pro Day update:

1) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama (+1)

-Even though he hasn't worked out post season, young RBs with his size are at a premium in FF.

2) Keenan Allen WR Cal (-1)

-Allen is fighting both recovery from his PCL knee injury and hamstring pull. I believe people are downgrading him way too much due to injury and college production. Allen is athletic and has good size(needs to put on a few pounds).

3) Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee (same)

-Patterson has great athletic ability and potential. The reason he's not higher is due to route running, body catching, effort, and maturity. Patterson doesn't run great routes yet or at his full out ability. He body catches when he doesn't have to and does some things on the field that aren't mature.

4) Tavon Austin WR West Virginia (same)

-Austin has great athletic ability and it transfers onto the field. How will Austin be utilized at the next level? It's a concern, as well as, Austin avoids contact and it takes away from his production. Can his small frame hold up?

Big drop off

5) DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson (same)

-Hopkins didn't test well post season, but he plays faster. Hopkins is a great route runner, attacks the football, and flat out makes plays.

6) Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame (+1)

-It's tough to predict TE production in the NFL because so many factors come into play. QB play, other offensive weapons, offensive system. Eifert has the size, hands, and athletic ability to be a top 10 NFL TE. I don't think he has the ability to be top 5 however, it would probably need to be a perfect storm

7) Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (+1)

-Rogers reportedly was drug tested 10 times at Tech and came back clean every time, that's a bonus. He also tested well at the combine, however I did still see some of his immaturity coming through. Rogers is a wildcard, he could end up being a solid pro/FF WR or he could equally fizzle out into nothing.

8) Gio Bernard RB North Carolina (-2)

-Bernard isn't very athletic and in the NFL, defenders will likely be more athletic than him. Combine that with his small size and i'm not sure how successful he can be. In a "down" rookie class, Bernard benefits the most from not much competition at RB.

Another dropoff

-From this point on it's all lotto tickets. The difference in value from player 8 to player 18 isn't much at all.

9) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee (+1)

-While Hunter shows some good athletic ability, I don't like his game. He's not as explosive as he was during his true freshman season, he doesn't possesses good quickness, he dropped passes at a higher rate than Cordarrelle Patterson(and people already question Pattersons hands), and he's lighter than I would like.

10) Marquess Wilson WR Washington State (-1)

-Wilson didn't test out great, but he's a natural WR. Good technique, hands, body control, etc. He needs to put on weight, but he's also pretty cheap for a WR with his production/skills in college.

11) Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas (same)

-Feel like i'm alone on this hype train, but for pick 11 on a down rookie class, why not Cobi Hamilton? Best stats in the best conference in football(over 1300 yards last year). Looks to have much more athletic ability on the field than in testing. He's currently my sleeper.

12) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina (+1)

-Lattimore is having a great recovery, which I think everyone is hoping for the best. However, I wasn't a big fan of his game to start with. He lacks explosiveness, speed, and that was before his injuries. Lattimore is a high effort player with good agility, just don't know if that's enough for the next level. That's also if he gets back to his pre-injury form of his freshman/early sophomore days.

13) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State (-1)

-Wheaton has great explosive ability, he's just not very big. I can see him as a WR2 type that can take the top off of the defense.

14) Leveon Bell RB Michigan State (-1)

Bell has done well in his post season, but I just worry about his consistency. At times I see athletic ability, other times I see a plodder. Bell isn't fast and sometimes I see poor vision.

15) Robert Woods WR USC (same)

-Woods lacks the strength or outstanding athletic ability to excel in FF. He doesn't win enough one on one battles in the open field in college, which makes me believe his NFL outlook is bleak.

16) Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia (same)

-Bailey is growing on me, I like his big hands and how he plays with confidence. It's his football and the defenders are just in the way. He doesn't have great athletic ability, so situation will likely dictate his FF future.

17) Montee Ball RB Wisconsin (same)

-Situation will be huge with Ball. He could be okay in a committee, I just don't see the athletic ability.

18) Terrance Williams WR Baylor (same)

-I'm not on this hype train and will likely have him on 0 of my dynasty teams.

19) Geno Smith QB West Virginia (same)

-Geno should be the 1st QB, just don't see him ever being a QB1.

20) Zac Stacy RB Vandy (same)

-Reallllllly like Stacy as a sleeper and he's done well for himself in the post season.

21) Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech (+1)

-I'm not a fan of Patton's game/size/athletic ability. Other people are, so this is a respect ranking.

22) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M (+1)

-Michael is athletic and has good size. That at least gives him a chance at being FF relevant.

23) Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA (+1)

-Don't like his size, but he runs hard.

24) Knile Davis RB Arkansas (NR)

-See Christine Michael.

You saw signs of Rogers' immaturity at the Combine?

He also tested well at the combine, however I did still see some of his immaturity coming through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of Pattons game? His drop percentage is under 1 percent.
I saw that stat, which looks great in a vacuum. Now consider he isn't very big or fast, and he had low competition. When he gets into the NFL, it is going to be much harder than 2nd tier NCAA teams. Now looking into FF and he has to be in the more productive wrs just to be statable. I'm going to pass and let others draft a limited athlete with small size hoping he will be FF relevant.

I saw that stat, which looks great in a vacuum. Now consider he isn't very big or fast
I'm not sky high on Patton, but he only weighs two pounds less than Allen, who you describe as having good size. Patton has a pretty good frame for a WR. My bigger issue with him is that his speed/explosiveness are just average.

I saw that stat, which looks great in a vacuum. Now consider he isn't very big or fast
I'm not sky high on Patton, but he only weighs two pounds less than Allen, who you describe as having good size. Patton has a pretty good frame for a WR. My bigger issue with him is that his speed/explosiveness are just average.
Weight can be added, height cannot. I like good height in my wrs

Not a fan of Pattons game? His drop percentage is under 1 percent.
He's fantastic on underneath routes but struggles to gain separation deep. Not sure what to think of him - if he learns to get separation he could be great or he could be Andre Caldwell if he doesn't.

He also tested well at the combine, however I did still see some of his immaturity coming through.
I think it was during his vertical jump, I just saw him acting out. It's a job interview, treat it like one.
It's also an interview for a job where you're allowed to trash talk while you're working. A player, let alone a traditionally prima-donna WR, "acting up" doesn't bother me much at all.

I think it was during his vertical jump, I just saw him acting out. It's a job interview, treat it like one.
It's also an interview for a job where you're allowed to trash talk while you're working. A player, let alone a traditionally prima-donna WR, "acting up" doesn't bother me much at all.
I think I have him ranked higher than most in rookie rankings, so I don't think I downgraded him much

Users who are viewing this thread