What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Week 3: Notes, Observations & Discussion (1 Viewer)

What a ####ty pass/decision by Jones for the endzone INT. Those are the decisions he's got to stop doing if this O is going to take the next step. Threw it late and inside to Engram with 3 Patriots around him.
I was about to declare Jones nothing more than a game manager until the end of half TD, which was sweet.

That right there is the agony and ecstasy of watching Daniel Jones. He'll fail to make a good read, take a bad sack, and be incapable of throwing it away and make a moronic INT at the worst moment. Then he'll do a 2 minute drill where he runs it, recognizes correctly all the defensive pressure and makes a perfect high point throw on a TE seam route in the end zone for a TD.

Finishes 17/22 for 135 yards, 6.1 YPP. Looked poor until the 2-minute drill.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Doug B @SaintsInDome2006

Just curious if you NOLA guys think part of the reason they canceled the Cardinals preseason game was so as to not be a distraction for mandatory & voluntary evacuations?

Then too I’m wondering if there was concern over seeming insensitive to the 16th anniversary of Katrina? I know 9/11 remains a touchy subject around here and it’s difficult for me to discuss in just about any context. I imagine there’s an painful association between the Caesars Superdome and the 1,800 who perished during the storm, which maybe non-residents don’t think about right away.

Or I could be totally off base. Hey, not true by to make anyone look bad or stir up negative feelings. Just looking for the local perspective. TIA
Hey Bobby - in retrospect it had to be done. The players themselves live here & they had to get their lives together. In fact like all of us that is now ongoing as well and I don’t think the Saints will be back here until all of the players & their families are back here or firmly situated. - Lousy situation for the team, I hope it doesn’t wreck a promising season.

Hey Bobby - in retrospect it had to be done. The players themselves live here & they had to get their lives together. In fact like all of us that is now ongoing as well and I don’t think the Saints will be back here until all of the players & their families are back here or firmly situated. - Lousy situation for the team, I hope it doesn’t wreck a promising season.

Thanks for checking in, friend. Stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread