What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 4 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Boone on Denver. Gordon won't get all the RB touches.
Boone stinks and doesn't have the resume to be an every down guy. Fine, split with MG3, worthless.
It isn't like Williams was single handedly winning FF games for folks.
So now I'm to believe Boone enters the discussion and suddenly...

What's the box score or projections weekly Leroy? I'm not coming after you but I've seen a lot of people discuss him and i doubt anyone has seen him play much...most he ever carried was 49 times a few years ago, 2 other seasons he had a whopping total of 11 touches, that doesn't sound like someone the coaches can barely keep off the field, it sounds more like someone who hides and prays they can lock down an RB3 spot on an NFL football team.

Sorry if this sounds callous to Javonte Williams investors but I see very little to hang our hats on right now. And i see people talking about going ALL IN on Boone and...maybe I should just hand folks a cigarette and wish them good luck.
Would it suprise to see Denver trade for someone or bring in a FA RB? Williams was obviously a big piece to lose.
100% think this will be the move and I wonder who they go get, Harris from the Patriots seems like an easy target but the Patriots will not be eager to part with him. They will never extend him though so it's possible they can pry him away but the patriots are doing well with their 2 backs and they need them both with Zappe now at QB

L Murray is the pick up as far as between Boone and Murray. I think Denver is done with Gordon. Boone can't pass protect so he'll never be a big thing. I can see Murray being the guy here unless Denver decides to make a trade for a K Hunt like player. I doubt that happens since Denver only has 5 picks going into next year and George Paton loves his picks. I'm praying Gordon can give me something the next few weeks but he will fumble again and he will get injured. Murray could be a league winner. I know he is old but he is a pro and might get most of the touches at some point. The downside is that Denver's run blocking has been terrible this year. Murray saved the day for me when Kamara went out a few years ago. Maybe he can do it again.

I wouldn't spend a huge amount on FAAB but I would like to get him.
agreed. I would also expect the Denver running game to improve when Meinerz comes off of IT and when/if Turner can get healthy. I'm making a big bid on Murray - maybe $30?

Doesn't seem a huge amount of interest out there. Trying to pick up Boone fairly cheaply where I think he might help as a bye-week fill in or as an improvement over end of bench RB's already on the roster, also looking to grab Corey Davis in a couple of places, similarly as an OK floor bye week play
Boone will be a 3-5 FF point a game guy. Just don't see the need for him, he may increase his role, but MG is the man now.
I would just stay away from the DEN running game going forward. You will see Gordon, Boone and L Murray. It's likely going to be a mess

Doesn't seem a huge amount of interest out there. Trying to pick up Boone fairly cheaply where I think he might help as a bye-week fill in or as an improvement over end of bench RB's already on the roster, also looking to grab Corey Davis in a couple of places, similarly as an OK floor bye week play
Boone will be a 3-5 FF point a game guy. Just don't see the need for him, he may increase his role, but MG is the man now.
I would just stay away from the DEN running game going forward. You will see Gordon, Boone and L Murray. It's likely going to be a mess
I wouldn't say stay away, but my guess would be along those lines - if they didn't fully make Javonte the workhorse, I doubt any of these three would be either. All that said, it's possible that one emerges, but good luck guessing which one. All of them are worth speculative adds, but I wouldn't reach or expect too much.

Zach Wilson - stop laughing. His legs give him a pretty solid weekly floor, and he has a great receiving corps, and an improving run game. Considering it was his 1st game this year & 1st live action since he injured himself in preseason, I think he's going to get better & better.

I'm dropping Wentz for him. Telling myself Wentz had 2x 40+ games is unconvincing seeing as he's been horrific the last 2.

I wouldn't say stay away, but my guess would be along those lines - if they didn't fully make Javonte the workhorse, I doubt any of these three would be either. All that said, it's possible that one emerges, but good luck guessing which one. All of them are worth speculative adds, but I wouldn't reach or expect too much.
Javonte was becoming the workhorse this past game which makes the injury even more painful.

Are you holding out hope to find a 30 carry per game RB on the WW somewhere?

Are you holding out hope to find a 30 carry per game RB on the WW somewhere?
Don't we all in every weekly thread?

Javonte was becoming the workhorse this past game which makes the injury even more painful.
I pointed out that irony in the JaWill topic - not only was he ascending, Gordon's fumbling was causing him to fall out of favor with coaches rapidly.

Had JaWill not been hurt, I'd bet my house Gordon wouldn't have touched the ball again after his ghastly FL-6.

2 seasons waiting for what was actually going to happen and now Gordon is likely the feature back. It's just grossly unfair to FF managers. FF is a cruel mistress.

Zach Wilson - stop laughing. His legs give him a pretty solid weekly floor, and he has a great receiving corps, and an improving run game. Considering it was his 1st game this year & 1st live action since he injured himself in preseason, I think he's going to get better & better.
No reason to laugh. As mentioned in this thread a few weeks ago, I pre-emptively picked him up for free based on just those reasons after I lost Lance. One of the few good moves I've probably made this year.

Must be having a brain fart here as I can't find Latavius in box scores? I know he went for like 50+ yards and a TD, but can't find it --

That said, I'd like to try for him but Thursday nights never pan out. --Plus I will be starting Sutton.

Curious how people are prioritizing R. White vs. T. Allgerier?

Feel like R. White could be a league winner 2nd half of season, but short term could have limited opportunities. T. Allgereir can possibly impact the box scores sooner but could have company (i.e. Huntley, DWill, CPatt) in a few games.

I'm dropping Wentz for him. Telling myself Wentz had 2x 40+ games is unconvincing seeing as he's been horrific the last 2.
You like him better than Goff or Geno?

I have Zach and thinking of dropping him for either. Leaning Goff.

Currently starting Russ.

Last edited:

Currently starting Russ.

I'm with him on Wilson. Already had my waivers set. After lance Ive been down bad with QB play. Some things to consider is genos ceiling doesn't seem high unless he's playing the lions who have given up the most points in NFL history through four games. I do like Goff but he has a bye week 6 so you only get one week out of him.

Currently starting Russ.
I am surprised Goff wasn't snapped up already. What more's a guy gotta do?

Tough call - I’d like him better than Geno, but not better than Goff (neither of whom are available in any of my leagues).

I think the Geno start was an anomaly against a terrible defense. Gough’s start was also a bit of an anomaly, but he has had a higher floor on average than Gino I expect that to continue.

Currently starting Russ.

Tough call - I’d like him better than Geno, but not better than Goff (neither of whom are available in any of my leagues).

I think the Geno start was an anomaly against a terrible defense. Gough’s start was also a bit of an anomaly, but he has had a higher floor on average than Gino I expect that to continue.
He was dropped in the middle of the Seattle game for some reason. Probably before it started really poppin off I guess

Must be having a brain fart here as I can't find Latavius in box scores? I know he went for like 50+ yards and a TD, but can't find it --

That said, I'd like to try for him but Thursday nights never pan out. --Plus I will be starting Sutton.
I doubt he would get too much action on Thursday If any.

I just lost Javonte in a 12-team/non-ppr league. Damn. Appreciate the chatter here and trying to stock up on a RB with Javonte gone. I have enough on my roster to survive the next few weeks, so thinking more long-term/2nd half of season. I have the # 2 waiver claim. Here's what is available in my league and what I'm thinking:

Boone - somebody else posted they won't forgive him for the dud in the fantasy playoffs in 2019. I don't know what year it was, but I still feel that pain. What a clown. I don't want this guy.
Latavius Murray - looked good this week and I think he can earn at least a time share with Melvin the fumbler. I wish this site would give a clear decision on Boone vs. Murray (maybe I don't know where to look), but think I'm going Murray.
Nyheim Hines - he'll have 2 decent games at some point. Sounds like JT is coming back almost immediately so I'll pass.
Rachaad White - is Fournette dead or something? Seems like gamescript helped him. Who from Arizona State has done something besides Rod Tidwell? But I see this has him as the #1 pickup. I guess he's a priority.
Caleb Huntley - are we really going for Ball State talent?
Tyler Allgeir - like Huntley they play basically the top 3 run defenses the next 3 weeks, and Cordarelle by then will about be ready to be back.

Hmm - I think I'll add Rachaad then Latavius. Who hit Javonte? Dang.

Currently starting Russ.

He was dropped in the middle of the Seattle game for some reason. Probably before it started really poppin off I guess
Well, go get him!

I just lost Javonte in a 12-team/non-ppr league. Damn. Appreciate the chatter here and trying to stock up on a RB with Javonte gone. I have enough on my roster to survive the next few weeks, so thinking more long-term/2nd half of season. I have the # 2 waiver claim. Here's what is available in my league and what I'm thinking:

Boone - somebody else posted they won't forgive him for the dud in the fantasy playoffs in 2019. I don't know what year it was, but I still feel that pain. What a clown. I don't want this guy.
Latavius Murray - looked good this week and I think he can earn at least a time share with Melvin the fumbler. I wish this site would give a clear decision on Boone vs. Murray (maybe I don't know where to look), but think I'm going Murray.
Nyheim Hines - he'll have 2 decent games at some point. Sounds like JT is coming back almost immediately so I'll pass.
Rachaad White - is Fournette dead or something? Seems like gamescript helped him. Who from Arizona State has done something besides Rod Tidwell? But I see this has him as the #1 pickup. I guess he's a priority.
Caleb Huntley - are we really going for Ball State talent?
Tyler Allgeir - like Huntley they play basically the top 3 run defenses the next 3 weeks, and Cordarelle by then will about be ready to be back.

Hmm - I think I'll add Rachaad then Latavius. Who hit Javonte? Dang.
Rachaad White seems like the one who could come out and be a legit player. But you need an injury to Fournette for that to happen.

Allegeir has the opportunity right now to do something big. I know nothing about him but we all love speculating on a rookie backup and his time is now.

Those two seem worth it.

For the Saints.

Shallow benches, no ppr start 2 WR no flex. Would you drop JJSS for Pickens and play matchups for WR2 between Pickens/London/Gabe D? Sutton WR 1

For folks with BB's, what is the thought on % of bucks for Murray and Huntley? I'm thinking around 25% for Murray and 10% for Huntley but only if that doesn't go through.

Edit: should have mentioned Dynasty best ball, 14 teams, 32 rosters, PPR.

I have Javonte in redraft and am only putting in small bids for Murray and Boone. I have no faith in that offense after what's transpired these first 4 weeks. I took Brian Robinson with a late pick and have been stashing him on my bench (deep benches and no IR in this league), so he'll be my real Javonte replacement eventually.

For folks with BB's, what is the thought on % of bucks for Murray and Huntley? I'm thinking around 25% for Murray and 10% for Huntley but only if that doesn't go through.

Edit: should have mentioned Dynasty best ball, 14 teams, 32 rosters, PPR.
15% / 10%

Have a Tuesday night waiver league, Boone went for 50 percent of the budget to the Javonte owner
That’s a lot - not sure that Boone is going to light up that owner’s life.
Was…was that a Pat Boone reference?
😳
His daughter Debby.
You quoted me instantaneously - it took me .9 seconds to edit that, and you were already there.

Are you from the future?

I have Javonte in redraft and am only putting in small bids for Murray and Boone. I have no faith in that offense after what's transpired these first 4 weeks. I took Brian Robinson with a late pick and have been stashing him on my bench (deep benches and no IR in this league), so he'll be my real Javonte replacement eventually.
This is the way.

Have a Tuesday night waiver league, Boone went for 50 percent of the budget to the Javonte owner
Was…was that a Pat Boone reference?
😳
His daughter Debby.
You quoted me instantaneously - it took me .9 seconds to edit that, and you were already there.

Are you from the future?
Maybe.

I'm gonna keep the Cheat Code Taysom here until Jameis injury return news comes about. He's costing next to nothing (may even get dropped after seeing "only" 5 touches last week).

He's the best lotto ticket in fantasy football IMO if Jameis injury is announced as a long term one. It'll only either take a Red Rooster injury or for the rooster to have one of his patented 3-4 INT games.

Likely a week i'll be sitting out waivers (or bidding minimally). I'm probably more interested to see who is released than who is available currently. (our waivers run Wed night)

Last edited:
So when are we thinking about Elijah Mitchell? Or do we believe Shanahan has finally realized it's important to rotate RBs?

He might be a tiny bit excited when he sees Boone play a decent amount Thursday. Then he will realize that Murray didn't play because he just flew in from London and doesn't know what is a very complex play book on a very short week.

So when are we thinking about Elijah Mitchell? Or do we believe Shanahan has finally realized it's important to rotate RBs?
Good question. Someone dropped him and I'm considering picking him up after losing JWilliams. Just not sure what to expect. Wilson Jr. Can't seem to stay healthy either.

I'm gonna keep the Cheat Code Taysom here until Jameis injury return news comes about. He's costing next to nothing (may even get dropped after seeing "only" 5 touches last week).

He's the best lotto ticket in fantasy football IMO if Jameis injury is announced as a long term one. It'll only either take a Red Rooster injury or for the rooster to have one of his patented 3-4 INT games.

Likely a week i'll be sitting out waivers (or bidding minimally). I'm probably more interested to see who is released than who is available currently. (our waivers run Wed night)
I like this idea

Users who are viewing this thread