What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 12 (1 Viewer)

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
Slayton is available in 3/29 of my dynasty leagues (I have 6 shares) and 0/37 redraft leagues (I have 15/37)
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

It's also week 12 and there are 0 byes so hopefully, we shouldn't need too much off the wire this week. Ha. Yeah right of course we do. I like the Perine call. He is available in 1 of those 37 redrafts but quite a few dynasty leagues.

I picked up Keaontay Ingram this past week and although he didn't do much behind Conner, it was surprising (to me) that they released Eno Benjamin when Darrel Williams is still on IR. So I like Ingram as a stash where he is still available. Although he didn't do much, Trestan Ebner got some decent run behind Montgomery.

Waivers are awfully thin.

Kendall Hinton? Marlon Mack?

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
Slayton is available in 3/29 of my dynasty leagues (I have 6 shares) and 0/37 redraft leagues (I have 15/37)
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

It's also week 12 and there are 0 byes so hopefully, we shouldn't need too much off the wire this week. Ha. Yeah right of course we do. I like the Perine call. He is available in 1 of those 37 redrafts but quite a few dynasty leagues.

I picked up Keaontay Ingram this past week and although he didn't do much behind Conner, it was surprising (to me) that they released Eno Benjamin when Darrel Williams is still on IR. So I like Ingram as a stash where he is still available. Although he didn't do much, Trestan Ebner got some decent run behind Montgomery.

You’re in 66 leagues? How do you manage that effectively?

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

More basic question: 66 leagues? Why?

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

Even more importantly is how is he able to support himself playing in 66 leagues? That's a full time job w/overtime.

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

Even more importantly is how is he able to support himself playing in 66 leagues? That's a full time job w/overtime.

He doesn’t have time to answer you guys. Man’s in 66 leagues.

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

The devil made him do it.
I've explained this before but it is a PT career for me. All but like 5 of those leagues are on the FFPC platform and can be managed in bulk. I'm also very regimented and efficient in the way I go about it. I spend ~10-15 hours a week doing lineups/waivers but it could easily be more. Of course that doesn't count the time actually watching the games so I consider it a PT career on top of my regular job(s) and family life. I also write and edit FF articles for a different outfit, so you could say I'm plugged in.

I hit waivers pretty hard in order to stay competitive and so I feel like I often see names in these kinds of threads that should have been picked up last week or the week before.

I've explained this before but it is a PT career for me. All but like 5 of those leagues are on the FFPC platform and can be managed in bulk. I'm also very regimented and efficient in the way I go about it. I spend ~10-15 hours a week doing lineups/waivers but it could easily be more. Of course that doesn't count the time actually watching the games so I consider it a PT career on top of my regular job(s) and family life. I also write and edit FF articles for a different outfit, so you could say I'm plugged in.

I hit waivers pretty hard in order to stay competitive and so I feel like I often see names in these kinds of threads that should have been picked up last week or the week before.
:jawdrop:

I utiilize the bulk management features on the FFPC website to their fullest, or at least I think I do, and I am a wizard with spreadsheets. Not that it is rocket science, but mostly the idea is keeping information organized in a way where I can manage and utilize that information effectively. As you might imagine, some squads are relatively simple to set the lineup and forget it. Most others have issues, be it pending injury mysteries, or just generally the lack of clarity on a given situation such that I'll make a note in the spreadsheet for those squads. Like Everett being downgraded on Saturday, I put a quick little note for all those squads that I need to make a decision by 10am kickoff (west coast), or perhaps I have later options so I can punt the decision to the Sunday night game. Like I did with Palmer/Everett in a couple of spots last night. Stoked that Everett being announced out forced my hand towards Palmer.

Anyway, I suppose one other key is to not toil too much over decisions. I like to think that I'm *very* good at making quick and decisive choices and then moving on to the next one. I imagine that is something that would slow a lot of people down trying to manage this many teams. I have found that I'm pretty good at it consistently for years now. I haven't really done any traveling this season, but that is usually my biggest concern - whether I will have coverage for my portfolio of squads if I am out of wifi range/in the hospital/etc. I have my brother as my asst manager just in case. I did go camping earlier this season but I had a signal.

That is like 2 hours on Tuesday morning over coffee, 2 more that night and 2 more Wednesday morning to put all the claims in. A couple more before Thursday kickoff and a couple more Sunday morning. Really not much more than most FF enthusiasts IMO. I'll definitely spend a couple more here and there in aggregate doing other stuff, reading articles, what have you.

I utiilize the bulk management features on the FFPC website to their fullest, or at least I think I do, and I am a wizard with spreadsheets. Not that it is rocket science, but mostly the idea is keeping information organized in a way where I can manage and utilize that information effectively. As you might imagine, some squads are relatively simple to set the lineup and forget it. Most others have issues, be it pending injury mysteries, or just generally the lack of clarity on a given situation such that I'll make a note in the spreadsheet for those squads. Like Everett being downgraded on Saturday, I put a quick little note for all those squads that I need to make a decision by 10am kickoff (west coast), or perhaps I have later options so I can punt the decision to the Sunday night game. Like I did with Palmer/Everett in a couple of spots last night. Stoked that Everett being announced out forced my hand towards Palmer.

Anyway, I suppose one other key is to not toil too much over decisions. I like to think that I'm *very* good at making quick and decisive choices and then moving on to the next one. I imagine that is something that would slow a lot of people down trying to manage this many teams. I have found that I'm pretty good at it consistently for years now. I haven't really done any traveling this season, but that is usually my biggest concern - whether I will have coverage for my portfolio of squads if I am out of wifi range/in the hospital/etc. I have my brother as my asst manager just in case. I did go camping earlier this season but I had a signal.
You know who else uses bulk management?

lol I'm afraid to ask but now I need to know!

That is like 2 hours on Tuesday morning over coffee, 2 more that night and 2 more Wednesday morning to put all the claims in. A couple more before Thursday kickoff and a couple more Sunday morning. Really not much more than most FF enthusiasts IMO. I'll definitely spend a couple more here and there in aggregate doing other stuff, reading articles, what have you.
Do you worry about burnout?

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

:lmao:

Treylon Burks
Darius Slayton
DPJ
Latavius Murray
DPJ 0% available
Burks 0% available
Murray 0% available

:lmao:
Sounds like he has a handle on it. I admire his ability to do that effectively. I’m in 7 and I’ve already missed one player OUT this year and I stay on top of things.

• waste management.
  • waste disposal.
  • waste treatment.
  • recycling of wastes.
  • disposal of waste.
  • waste recycling.
  • recycling.

Any of those ring a bell?

I would say if you are pretty close to a playoff lock your needs are different than people fighting to get in. Also if you have no bye weeks of import in week 14 you can also maybe start hoarding backup rbs if there are any out there of import. Spiller of SD seems to be an option (except if news of joshua Kelley coming back soon happens). If anybody has any news on Kelley I would be greatfull to hear it as an Ekler owner who is scared of an injury there. Perine will be everybodys rb to go after this week....Brieda is a decent pickup rb. White at TB if he isnt owned I expect there will be a changing of the guard in tampa. Time to pick up Jameson in detroit and OBJ who everybody expects to pick a team after thanksgiving..... He could walk into a starring role if he picks the giants but I expect him to pick dallas.

• waste management.
  • waste disposal.
  • waste treatment.
  • recycling of wastes.
  • disposal of waste.
  • waste recycling.
  • recycling.

In this context, no, not at all. It's a 747 going 30,000' over my head at 555 mph.

Not really. I almost missed a waiver deadline last year. My regular job is PT and I can work remote. I am very active with the kids and my wife and honestly get a lot of this FF work done before anyone else in the house even wakes up. I can't imagine rolling with this large a portfolio forever though. The dynasty side pays for itself and I want to win the half million in the big FPC redraft tourney (or the million in the Main Event) and I figure taking several shots at it while I have it in my bandwidth to do so is smart. I did sell off a few dynasty squads last year and believe it or not the redraft side is less than last year as well. I think last year I was at something like 78 leagues.

Not really. I almost missed a waiver deadline last year. My regular job is PT and I can work remote. I am very active with the kids and my wife and honestly get a lot of this FF work done before anyone else in the house even wakes up. I can't imagine rolling with this large a portfolio forever though. The dynasty side pays for itself and I want to win the half million in the big FPC redraft tourney (or the million in the Main Event) and I figure taking several shots at it while I have it in my bandwidth to do so is smart. I did sell off a few dynasty squads last year and believe it or not the redraft side is less than last year as well. I think last year I was at something like 78 leagues.
Well good luck. I work in IT and I also work remotely, so I do have some flexibility, but I’m just in 7 leagues.

Well, I do make a point of eating a very high fiber diet.

• waste management.
  • waste disposal.
  • waste treatment.
  • recycling of wastes.
  • disposal of waste.
  • waste recycling.
  • recycling.

Sopranos? (If not then I’ll admit I’m stumped)

• waste management.
  • waste disposal.
  • waste treatment.
  • recycling of wastes.
  • disposal of waste.
  • waste recycling.
  • recycling.

I think what Blade is implying is that when you do bulk management...Waste Mgmt is code for **** and with 774,623 teams, you're gonna have a lot of ****.
That's how I read it and I might add that I am a fan of @barackdhouse I preferred his old avatar but that's neither here or there.
Also I tend to joke a lot with Blade

Didn't mean to cause a ripple,
Cheers

Last edited:

• waste management.
  • waste disposal.
  • waste treatment.
  • recycling of wastes.
  • disposal of waste.
  • waste recycling.
  • recycling.

• waste management.
  • waste disposal.
  • waste treatment.
  • recycling of wastes.
  • disposal of waste.
  • waste recycling.
  • recycling.

I think what Blade is implying is that when you do bulk management...Waste Mgmt is code for **** which is code fro with 774,623 teams, you're gonna have a lot of ****.
That's how I read it and I might add that I am a fan of @barackdhouse I preferred his old avatar but that's neither here or there.
Also I tend to joke a lot with Blade

Didn't mean to cause a ripple,
Cheers
It's all good. I like the Sopranos take, especially since I sometimes refer to it as my FF empire. I got to take my family to Disneyland a couple of years ago with other people's FF money so Imma go with that.

But perhaps to the point, with 66 teams (plus I think ~200 bestball drafts this year) there are definitely some duds out there. The FPC redrafts squads have 12 week regular seasons and only the top 4 make the league playoffs weeks 13/14 and then only the top 2* make the big dance weeks 15/16/17. So in other words many of those teams aren't going to advance - there is some poop out there. There's also some pretty shiny gems that could be worth something absolutely unlike any of these poop analogies and come closer to the one about the organized crime boss that gets golden blowjobs and people bring him money.

*The 3 or 4 seed can also make the big dance if they win the league playoffs in wk14, so the big dance is very thin slice. I hope to get 10+ teams into it out of 29.

Assuming Stafford is out and Wofford doesn’t get the nod, Bryce Perkins in 2QB/SF leagues. The guy can play and has some decent rushing upside.

I'll never understand people who still have all their FAAB. I've got a $350 league and 30% of the league hasn't spent a time.

WTF are you saving it for :lol:

No leads on players just waiver anecdote

So...I'm hearing a lot of talk that Perine should be the priority pick up.
More so than Murray?
With Gordon gone and Edmunds out for awhile, wouldn't Murray be a more useful pick up than Perine (who may only be a one week fill-in, against a tough Titans D)?

So...I'm hearing a lot of talk that Perine should be the priority pick up.
More so than Murray?
With Gordon gone and Edmunds out for awhile, wouldn't Murray be a more useful pick up than Perine (who may only be a one week fill-in, against a tough Titans D)?

I would pick up Murray ahead of Perine. Advice depends on who is available, of course.

Well it's over

-The regular season is almost over in many redrafts, nobody on that waiver wire is going to save any of our seasons.
Trying to decide between rogue back ups on poor teams, enjoy the NFL team you root for if they are still in the playoff hunt and just push the keyboard away for a week or two.

Sincerely,
Debbie Downs

Sky Moore seems to be primed for an uptick in usage. He and Burks are a couple guys I’m looking to pick up, if available.
Rookie WRs are typically a bad recipe for FF teams, I try to avoid them as much as possible except for the flashy one from Green Bay last 2 weeks.
I already don't like having him as part of my 3-prong attack at WR plus even flex options scare me with Watson and he has Aaron Rodgers.
I liked Moore initially when he was drafted but I don't see him clicking with the offense or anyone that Mahomes is "looking for" when he drops back.
Just my opinion

Sky Moore seems to be primed for an uptick in usage. He and Burks are a couple guys I’m looking to pick up, if available.
Rookie WRs are typically a bad recipe for FF teams, I try to avoid them as much as possible except for the flashy one from Green Bay last 2 weeks.
I already don't like having him as part of my 3-prong attack at WR plus even flex options scare me with Watson and he has Aaron Rodgers.
I liked Moore initially when he was drafted but I don't see him clicking with the offense or anyone that Mahomes is "looking for" when he drops back.
Just my opinion

Tell me you missed out on the ARSB run without telling me you missed out on the ARSB run

Well it's over

-The regular season is almost over in many redrafts, nobody on that waiver wire is going to save any of our seasons.
Trying to decide between rogue back ups on poor teams, enjoy the NFL team you root for if they are still in the playoff hunt and just push the keyboard away for a week or two.

Sincerely,
Debbie Downs
Yeah, I'm only fortunate to have started 7-3, but I'm fading fast (only team to lose a 1st rounder in Kupp) and playing 2 teams that are just now getting hot -- I need a WR BAD!! and its a total crapshoot-

Just my opinion

Tell me you missed out on the ARSB run without telling me you missed out on the ARSB run
Or JaMarr Chase or Justin Jefferson. The good rookie WRs do just fine in recent history.

Just my opinion

:rant:

Users who are viewing this thread