What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 11 (1 Viewer)

Watson is the obvious pickup. Allen Robinson also if he's still out there.

Van Jefferson started to look like himself this week. With Kupp out, he will definitely get more targets.

James Robinson - if he was cut due to bye week.

Ravens D - if they were cut due to bye. They've gained momentum, stole Roquan from the Bears and have some juicy matchups along the home stretch.

Isaiah Paychecko - if he is somehow unrostered due to Chiefs running game anxieties.

Paris Campbell - check out his last three games with Matty no longer on Ice - 11, 10 and 9 targets... 15, 18, 17 half PPR points.

Stillers D - TJ Watt is the only player in the NFL right now who might be better than Pat Mahomie.

Christian Watson - Godspeed.

Cole Kmet - 5 TDs in the last three games after starting the season a pariah in the Justin Fields desert.

Players like Watson, Robinson, Pacheco, Campbell, Kmet and Jefferson aren't available in any of my leagues (7 of them), but I only play in dynasty. Virgil is however :) We probably should have one of these threads for redraft and one for dynasty. Or maybe not :shrug:

Players like Watson, Robinson, Pacheco, Campbell, Kmet and Jefferson aren't available in any of my leagues, but I only play in dynasty. We probably should have one of these threads for redraft and one for dynasty. Or maybe not :shrug:
I would think dynasty has less of the roster churn week to week that redraft sees because of the win now mentality.

Most of the time, this thread recommends players that are already rostered in my Primary Dynasty league (12 Team / 25 Roster / 2 IR).
This week the "Best FA Pickups"
LAC DeAndre Carter WR
HOU Chris Moore WR
IND Jordan Wilkins RB
KC Jerick McKinnon RB
NYG Tanner Hudson TE
TB Scotty Miller WR
DEN Jalen Virgil WR
CAR Laviska Shenault WR
LAR Ben Skowronek WR

Not much in "League Winner" value here... but Bye Week / Injury help can be found... if you pick right... and get lucky!

Any thoughts on Nick Westbrook-Ikhine? (Titans)

8/5/119/2 wk 10 highlights

He led the team for targets, tied for receptions, led yards and TDs.

Not much competition, although it was Burks' first week back and his role should increase.

He did look to get open easily and his first TD was a great catch and toe tap, the second TD was that 60 yard flea flicker which isn't going to happen every game.

Pretty sure @Bri is the resident Titans expert and said good things about him last season or maybe 2020. Should we be targeting NWI or is a he a 1 hit wonder?

Going for Kmet now that Ertz is done.

Failing that, any other TEs anyone feels strongly about or is it streaming hell?
Maybe Trey McBride the promising rookie behind Ertz.

Rookie tight end Trey McBride is likely to get the first crack as the team's starting tight end with Ertz sidelined, after playing on a season-high 62 snaps in Week 10's loss to the Rams.

Any thoughts on Nick Westbrook-Ikhine? (Titans)

8/5/119/2 wk 10 highlights

He led the team for targets, tied for receptions, led yards and TDs.

Not much competition, although it was Burks' first week back and his role should increase.

He did look to get open easily and his first TD was a great catch and toe tap, the second TD was that 60 yard flea flicker which isn't going to happen every game.

Pretty sure @Bri is the resident Titans expert and said good things about him last season or maybe 2020. Should we be targeting NWI or is a he a 1 hit wonder?

Feel like he does this once per year then proceeds to go poof.

Fool's gold.

I'd go for T. Burks instead in the same offense.

I am all over Pacheco in my 12-team redraft. I like the matchup against LAC next week. As a backup pick-up in case my waiver claim isn't successful, I have McKinnon in there. He had only one rush, but a ton of targets in the pass game and I could see a game script where he sees 6+ targets again. Now if they could only combine Pacheco and McKinnon into one back then we'd really have something.

Need a bye-week fill-in for Walker in a standard-scoring league. I have Gus Edwards, but Pacheco and Mitchell are available. Would you pick up and start either of those guys over Gus Bus? I like Pacheco's matchup vs LAC, but KC backfield is always a crap shoot. And of course, whatever Shanahan says this week about a split backfield, we're still talking about CMC, so Mitchell's ceiling is capped

Need a bye-week fill-in for Walker in a standard-scoring league. I have Gus Edwards, but Pacheco and Mitchell are available. Would you pick up and start either of those guys over Gus Bus? I like Pacheco's matchup vs LAC, but KC backfield is always a crap shoot. And of course, whatever Shanahan says this week about a split backfield, we're still talking about CMC, so Mitchell's ceiling is capped
All 3 of those guys are crap shoots.

Edwards should split carries with Drake. Pacheco should get the bulk of the carries vs a bad run defense but no receiving touches. Mitchell I am still not convinced he will split carries with CMC but he is an RB1 if CMC gets hurt.

For this week, I rank them Pacheco, Edwards, Mitchell

For ROS, I rank them Mitchell, Pacheco, Edwards.

I would pick up Pacheco just so someone else doesn’t. I like Gus Bus, but he’s injury prone.

Edwards should split carries with Drake. Pacheco should get the bulk of the carries vs a bad run defense but no receiving touches. Mitchell I am still not convinced he will split carries with CMC but he is an RB1 if CMC gets hurt.

Yes, this is what I'm thinking as well. It's a 2 RB, no flex league and I have Chubb and Walker, so my main focus is this week.

The other decision is whether to use a waiver claim on them. I'm inclined not to, since I don't like to do that for one-week fill-ins. Also, Marquise Brown is available (and apparently close to coming back), so I think that's a better ROS investment even if his role will be diminished with D-Hop back.

ETA: Never mind, I had misread the Rotoworld blurb. Sounds like earliest Hollywood is back is Week 13, so not sure it's worth stashing him just yet

ETA: Never mind, I had misread the Rotoworld blurb. Sounds like earliest Hollywood is back is Week 13, so not sure it's worth stashing him just yet

Better to be a week early than a week late. Granted, he's not going back to the WR6 overall he was through 6 weeks, but if Kyler's hammy gets right, Conners is now healthy, Moore is suddenly a force - those guys could start cooking with gas down the stretch. Historically Kliff's teams have tailed off at YE but might see swing the other way this year.

WRT the RB of the Week situation, I'd say Gus over Mitchell this week. KC is such an even 3 way split, just not enough opportunities. SF touches were close (Mitchell 19, CMC 18) but I think that utilization was very game specific. Snaps were 45-25 for the stud and that ratio stands to go up. Drake has looked good, for sure - but so has Edwards, and I think Harbough will prefer to go with the guy he trusts a little more.

Better to be a week early than a week late. Granted, he's not going back to the WR6 overall he was through 6 weeks, but if Kyler's hammy gets right, Conners is now healthy, Moore is suddenly a force - those guys could start cooking with gas down the stretch. Historically Kliff's teams have tailed off at YE but might see swing the other way this year.

WRT the RB of the Week situation, I'd say Gus over Mitchell this week. KC is such an even 3 way split, just not enough opportunities. SF touches were close (Mitchell 19, CMC 18) but I think that utilization was very game specific. Snaps were 45-25 for the stud and that ratio stands to go up. Drake has looked good, for sure - but so has Edwards, and I think Harbough will prefer to go with the guy he trusts a little more.
Yeah, small sample size, but it seems like if (big IF) Gus is healthy, Harbaugh seems to ride him

So how much FAAB are people dropping on Watson?

220, 221, whatever it takes.

Normally I would say keep your powder dry for that annual late season RB off the streets/backup who steps in for a stud who gets hurt. But not sure that will happen this year, at least not in my redraft. Maybe it's just my experience, IDK - FF is just way harder now than it was 5 or 10 years ago bc of the proliferation of information. Everyone knows about sleepers and lottery tickets, those guys have been stashed, dropped/added during bye weeks, just not was much on your average WW compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

ARod could go back to being the guy he's always been (was never better than QB through Week 9.) Having a deep threat could unlock a few things for their offense, Watson has on the of the best RAS of any wideout in the last decade.

Then again, inconsistent rookie who has struggled with drops and healthy. But despite that, GB tries to get him involved again every time he's on the field again.

I don't think he's worth an all-in bid, maybe 1/4 of your remaining FAAB. The question you have to ask is how many more chances will there be? Four Weeks left in the regular season, three in the playoffs - def would not want to have $0 for the last 6-7 weeks bc I overpaid chasing points.

Who is the better pickup Watson or Toney?
Tough call here. I think they are both legitimate possibilities for the Ghost of Drew Bennett award.

I like Watson a little bit more RoS but mostly because I think Toney has a slightly longer road to go down before he supplants Hardman &/or MVS &/or JuJu. However, judging by what Pacheco appears to be doing in the backfield, I do think he could legitimately work his way into the #1 WR role in KC. If there are injuries in front of him it could happen sooner but I think it could happen regardless. He has the draft pedigree, he seems to pass the eyeball test and the talent in front of him isn't incredibly daunting (although I am a bigger fan of JuJu than most).

Is Elijah Mitchell worth a big spend?
IDK do we really think that is a trend of some sort? Has Shanny finally realized that a full timeshare is the best way to limit the risk of best RBs from getting killed, while maximizing their output?

If so, he's probably worth a lot. But it is so difficult to know.

Nice

:lmao:
One of Michael Keaton’s finest lines ever!
Agreed but, I think what cemented the true brilliance of that line is the call back with Teri Garr later in the film.

38, 39, whatever it took.

I have a super comfortable brown leather chair Michael Keaton (Adrian Toomes) sat in; buddy of mine is a production assistant, he purchased it from the studio after they wrapped up shooting. Gave it (& matching ottoman) to us as wedding gift last summer.

It’s my favorite piece of furniture, sit in it everyday watching tv.

Nice

:lmao:
One of Michael Keaton’s finest lines ever!
Agreed but, I think what cemented the true brilliance of that line is the call back with Teri Garr later in the film.

38, 39, whatever it took.

I have a super comfortable brown leather chair Michael Keaton (Adrian Toomes) sat in; buddy of mine is a production assistant, he purchased it from the studio after they wrapped up shooting. Gave it (& matching ottoman) to us as wedding gift last summer.

It’s my favorite piece of furniture, sit in it everyday watching tv.
GTFO!

I'm jealous.

I don't know. Finding it hard to trust a KC RB. Was nice seeing him get carries this week, but its not as if its a long trend of Pacheco getting a lot of work. I go back and forth on him and Gus. Obviously coming off injury and Drake having a nice game before the bye complicates that, but Edwards has a bit of a history there at least to go on.

How would y’all rank Christian Watson, Peoples-Jones, and Slayton in full ppr? In that order? Or does DPJ get the slight nod bc of consistency and upside when he gets a better qb in December?

How would y’all rank Christian Watson, Peoples-Jones, and Slayton in full ppr? In that order? Or does DPJ get the slight nod bc of consistency and upside when he gets a better qb in December?
I'd rank 'em (according to upside):

-Watson (highest ceiling)
-DJP (maybe highest floor?)
-Slayton (not much competition, but historically has been inconsistent)
-Super comfortable leather chair Michael Keaton once sat in

I have been very impressed with DPJ. He can't seem to find the end zone but he has not really had a down game since week 3. 4-50-0 has been his worst output and he's averaging just under 5 receptions and 74 yards over his last six games. In many leagues that comes out to about 10-12 ppg

Maybe Watson does help improve on those numbers but you never can tell in that situation. Maybe he force feeds Amari and DPJ goes back to being very up-&-down.

I would love to see Watson continue to get 8 targets per game. I think that could certainly happen but both Cobb & Doubs will be back at some point so he needs to capitalize every game where those guys are out to make sure it continues when they are back. And, we need to remember he only caught 50% of his passes, it would be nice to see him be productive on shorter routes across the middle, because the Alvin Harper routine is not a sustainable model long term.

Slayton is a fine player but, I don't view him as particularly interesting or reliable in magic football RoS. That offense is perfectly content throwing 26 passes per game. There just isn't much volume to go around.

Watson>DPJ>>Slayton

I have been very impressed with DPJ. He can't seem to find the end zone but he has not really had a down game since week 3. 4-50-0 has been his worst output and he's averaging just under 5 receptions and 74 yards over his last six games. In many leagues that comes out to about 10-12 ppg

That’s a guy I’ve been pumping for a few years. Totally on merit, dude has crushed the last few training camps, glowing reports from OTAs to opening day. Obvious limits with the QB who is there for 2 more weeks and the presence of a true alpha. But he’s a damn good football player.

I have Burrow and Fields. been keeping D.Watson in my I/R slot and...
Oh forget it, i''m just going to release Watson, can't really manufacture a quick trade
I have 2 players that jumped on Injured Reserve this week gotta make some roster adjustments, Hate to see someone else just pick him up but that's how it goes.

Christian Watson available, seems like the obvious move

Najee feeling knee discomfort today after a fairly heavy load on Sunday. Fire up the bids for Jaylen Warren.

Users who are viewing this thread