What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Owen Daniels (1 Viewer)

Kiddnets

Footballguy
Thought he would have a big year in that offense - not only has he been ignored by Schaub but the backup TEs seem to play more and get more looks....any info on him and who is still rolling with him in crunch time? Still a #1 TE in playoff matchups?

He's been pretty good I thought. I've been lucky to start him when he's scored and Vernon Davis when he had good games. Not sure where I am going this week. Indy is bad against the pass, but only gives up the 21st most points against the TE, whereas NE is among the best TE matchups (although that didn't work for Daniels last week).

I don't think the backups are really taking time from him... he was banged up for a few weeks and that is the only reason why you saw a spike in their stats. I think you have to start him with confidence this week unless you have a viable alternative.

I thought he was done after last year, and he's top ten at the moment. If you have been rolling him out all year not sure why you would stop now.

I don't think the backups are really taking time from him... he was banged up for a few weeks and that is the only reason why you saw a spike in their stats. I think you have to start him with confidence this week unless you have a viable alternative.
He was great until the hip injury but since his return he's been extremely underwhelming. I understand if you have to start him but I don't see how you can do it with any strong degree of confidence any longer.He's had 5 games under his belt since he returned. He's barely over a 50% catch rate and is averaging only 3.8 catches and 43.2 yards per game. He salvaged two fantasy week with TD's which are great but hate to rely on a TD to hit double digit points.The game against the Patriots was extremely concerning. No Garret Graham, massive need to pass and still very meager production.This week they face a team with poor CB's and poor ability to stop the run. While I don't get to carried away with defense stats against TE's they are the 5th best defense in the league in terms of yielding fewest fantasy points to TE's. I'm benching Daniels this week and unless he produces like the pre-hip injury Daniels he'll stay on the bench for the remainder of the season. As always benching a player depends on your options. This week I'm rolling Clay Harbor over him. Next week I'm thinking Scheffler but that's TBD.

He was great until the hip injury but since his return he's been extremely underwhelming. I understand if you have to start him but I don't see how you can do it with any strong degree of confidence any longer.He's had 5 games under his belt since he returned. He's barely over a 50% catch rate and is averaging only 3.8 catches and 43.2 yards per game. He salvaged two fantasy week with TD's which are great but hate to rely on a TD to hit double digit points.The game against the Patriots was extremely concerning. No Garret Graham, massive need to pass and still very meager production.This week they face a team with poor CB's and poor ability to stop the run. While I don't get to carried away with defense stats against TE's they are the 5th best defense in the league in terms of yielding fewest fantasy points to TE's. I'm benching Daniels this week and unless he produces like the pre-hip injury Daniels he'll stay on the bench for the remainder of the season. As always benching a player depends on your options. This week I'm rolling Clay Harbor over him. Next week I'm thinking Scheffler but that's TBD.
the whole houston texan offense was off against the pats.

As always benching a player depends on your options. This week I'm rolling Clay Harbor over him. Next week I'm thinking Scheffler but that's TBD.
Really considering doing the same. I really can't afford to take another 20 yard performance. I wish we knew more about Harbor and how much production he will get tonight since he's about the only TE left available in my league.

I agree underwhelming, but it's been underwhelming (compared to last year) for TE's in general.

You have a guy like Vernon Davis (3 catches 19 yards last 3 weeks) that is considered by many as a TE1 play. Then you have Gates's downgrade in stats this year.

I think it just says more about the TE position in general that he's still considered a mid-TE1 as much as Daniels's #s.

Schaub has missed Daniels at least three times on long TDs (WIDE OPEN) in the last 3 weeks or so. Daniels runs long routes, sometimes a few in a game. He also gets targets in the endzone in the 20ish yards-out range.

It's partly on Schaub. He hits on a couple of those, and we're talking about some huge games. I don't see many other TEs targeted in such a manner. Just gotta connect.

Disclosure: probably starting him this weekend over Marty B.

He just hasn't produced since the injury. I'm probably going to be leaving him on the bench with A. Hernandez back tearing it up.

'Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:
I agree underwhelming, but it's been underwhelming (compared to last year) for TE's in general.You have a guy like Vernon Davis (3 catches 19 yards last 3 weeks) that is considered by many as a TE1 play. Then you have Gates's downgrade in stats this year.I think it just says more about the TE position in general that he's still considered a mid-TE1 as much as Daniels's #s.
This. Unless you have one of the big three you just have to make do and mend at TE this year. Even those top 3 have had issues, first Hermandez out and now Gronk at the crucial part f the season. With the position as it is, I'd love to have Daniels and the upside he has, far more so than some of the options mentioned in this thread. Give me him over the Clay Harbours of this world all day

I'm not understanding this post. He was taken late in most drafts and is performing higher than his ADP suggested. He's not a bust at all, and in fact, has been great for the two teams I own him where I took TE very late.

I'm nervous, but not much else to roll out there in the TE wasteland this year. My other option is Rudolph. At least Daniels hasn't put up any donuts.

Users who are viewing this thread