What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (7 Viewers)

It's the Hollywood Elites vs Will Smith and Rob McElhenney and the Blue Collard East coasters.
i can't tell if i am bias and homer'ing this on my end, but it seems like MLS really, really wants LA to win this, no?

ETA: glad it is a fun game, and going both ways. LA doesn't deserve to have anything nice

Oh they wanted an LA vs NY cup. They totally F'd us last year with Covid Protocol. Gerber didn't even come to Philly for the East Conf Finals stayed in LA. Also Bale our Technical Director Ernest Tanner basically said what many in MLS clubs don't want to say about getting these big name players in these cities mid season is a little suspicious considering the amount of money allocated to that. Also made no mention of LAFC Supporters throwing bottles at Union players.

The league hates us because we screwed up their draft. Ernest Tanner like the LARAMS basically said **** the draft picks and is going to the European style of developing layers through our academy

FourFourTwo
https://twitter.com/FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

The #UCL last-16 draw in full

RB Leipzig vs Manchester City
Club Brugge vs Benfica
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
AC Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Napoli
Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea
Inter Milan vs Porto
Paris Saint-Germain vs Bayern Munich

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

The full Europa League last-16 play-off draw:
Barcelona vs Manchester United
Juventus vs Nantes
Sporting vs Midtjylland
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Rennes
Ajax vs Union Berlin
Bayer Leverkusen vs Monaco
Sevilla vs PSV
Red Bull Salzburg vs Roma

Athletic reporting that FSG is selling Liverpool.
Going to box myself in here. If the club is bought by a petro state, I'm out.

In the meantime... Liverpool's path to a CL title likely runs through Real Madrid, City and Bayern. Just can't see that this year. The midfield isn't up to it.

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

Club Brugge vs Benfica
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Inter Milan vs Porto

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

Juventus vs Nantes
Sporting vs Midtjylland
Ajax vs Union Berlin
Sevilla vs PSV
I'll take it for Spurs, I'm sure Conte has a good feel for Milan and how they play. Not a bad draw really. Knockouts are two legs then a redraw with the final 8, right?

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

Club Brugge vs Benfica
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Inter Milan vs Porto

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

Juventus vs Nantes
Sporting vs Midtjylland
Ajax vs Union Berlin
Sevilla vs PSV
I'll take it for Spurs, I'm sure Conte has a good feel for Milan and how they play. Not a bad draw really. Knockouts are two legs then a redraw with the final 8, right?

Correct. And the redraw is blind. Any team can draw any other team (which is different from the round of 16)

Also a reminder that the away goal rule is gone.

then a redraw
Is that right? I thought they had the bracket already?

Complete blind redraw I believe. Here are the rules

=====

In the draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals, there are no seedings, and teams from the same group or the same association can be drawn against each other. As the draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals are held together before the quarter-finals are played, the identity of the quarter-final winners is not known at the time of the semi-final draw. A draw is also held to determine which semi-final winner is designated as the "home" team for the final (for administrative purposes as it is played at a neutral venue).

The gap between Messi and Ronaldo is cavernous
It's not just this season. Messi's non-PK goals/game is competitive with Ron's, but he adds so many more assists. Not saying #9 isn't great or anything, just that Messi's on a planet by himself.

I agree.

But what I meant more was last year Messi had a very down year and Ronaldo was still a good player, so the gap was not quite as big. Messi is back to being a top 3 player in the world and Ronaldo is basic dog **** right now.

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

Club Brugge vs Benfica
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Inter Milan vs Porto

FourFourTwo
@FourFourTwo

Juventus vs Nantes
Sporting vs Midtjylland
Ajax vs Union Berlin
Sevilla vs PSV

These games are over 3 months away, which is kind of odd. Who knows what the situation will be with some of these teams after the Word Cup and January transfer window? With Chelsea having three major injuries in James, Chilwell and Kante, it works well to have an entire month + off to get healthy while not missing any league or cup games. Meanwhile, some players will be in Qatar deep into December, and some (Haaland, all the Italians) will have a month on a beach somewhere.

Anyway - I love having a few big teams meeting in the round of 16. There are some great looking ties in this draw.

It's not just this season. Messi's non-PK goals/game is competitive with Ron's, but he adds so many more assists.
Looked this up again and... woof.

Messi: .85 goals/game (.97 with PKs), 1.27 non-PK goals + assists/game. 557 played
Ronaldo: .69 goals/game (.86 with PKs), .93 non-PK goals + assists/game. 651 played

insane paces
For context... non-PK goals/90 and non-PK goals + assists/90

Messi, .85/1.27
Haaland .92/1.19 👀

Lewandowski .77/.93
Ronaldo .69/.93
Suarez .66/.99
Zlatan .62/.89
Aguero .62/.82

Kane .58/.72
Salah .56/.83
Neymar .55/.91
Henry .53/.86
Drogba .53/.77
Lukaku .51/.69

Ronaldo to start and captain the side - maybe an indicator that he’s gone during the next window?
Sadly, he needs to go. He is hindering more than helping imo.

The game yesterday was poor. They missed Bruno's energy, DvB wasn't involved, Ronaldo just has fits and doesn't press well. So may were poor and AV was after it. Missing Antony and Bruno.
Need to bounce back. Play AV in league cut next then Fulhamerica before the WC break.

I take a weird amount of MLS pride in Miggy lighting up the Prem for Newcastle.
Athletic reporting that FSG is selling Liverpool.
Going to box myself in here. If the club is bought by a petro state, I'm out.

In the meantime... Liverpool's path to a CL title likely runs through Real Madrid, City and Bayern. Just can't see that this year. The midfield isn't up to it.
There's a lot of speculation about Bezos going and buying the Commanders, but I think this would be a better investment (if he has any interest in owning a sports team).

There's a lot of speculation about Bezos going and buying the Commanders, but I think this would be a better investment (if he has any interest in owning a sports team).
If he forms BSG and buys both an NFL team and LFC the Liverpudlians might riot.

You'd think after 30 years they'd be happier with the Fenway folks, but, hooboy.

Ronaldo to start and captain the side - maybe an indicator that he’s gone during the next window?

The game yesterday was poor. They missed Bruno's energy, DvB wasn't involved, Ronaldo just has fits and doesn't press well. So may were poor and AV was after it. Missing Antony and Bruno.
Need to bounce back. Play AV in league cut next then Fulhamerica before the WC break.

Yep - I said before the season that ETH should let him walk even for a free - but looks like nobody really wants him. He looks off the pace, a tad more selfish than usual and doesn't fit the system. Don't want him taking up somebody else's minutes for no return on it.

Yep - I said before the season that ETH should let him walk even for a free - but looks like nobody really wants him. He looks off the pace, a tad more selfish than usual and doesn't fit the system. Don't want him taking up somebody else's minutes for no return on it.
Agreed, unfortunately the injuries have forced him back into the lineup too often. He throws a fit if you don't pass him the ball, and when you do pass to him he consistently misses, doesn't get the shot off or looks for the PK. He really fell off hard this offseason and it may be that he doesn't want to be there. Let him go.

Was looking forward to going to our game tomorrow, but there are no trains back thanks mainly due to workshy communists and partly due to the train company in question not bothering to schedule a single train for the entire day when said workshy communists were actually going to show up for work. Marvellous, TV it is then, second use of season ticket denied this week and a perfect waste of a good percentage of my holiday entitlement.

Here you go Andy!

Philadelphia helped deliver the biggest TV audience for #MLSCup in 25 years, and No. 2 ever: 2.155 million viewers.

1.487 million on Fox; 668,000 on Univision.

Biggest combined total since 1997 and No. 2 in league history.

#MLSCup

this was my favorite stat:

Of Fox's viewership of MLS Cup, 43 percent were in the 18-49-year-old demographic, which advertisers covet. World Series is about 30 percent, NFL around 35.

what a way to go out :lmao:

He did this at half time, got a red card and lost his chance to sub in as a cameo in last game

========

[Sid Lowe] Gerard Pique’s last words as a footballer (said to a ref): “I **** on your prostitute mother”​

Gil Manzano is the worst, way to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread