What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Just started to learn everyone, so this is great! Hell, I started following Jamaica because there's two Phoenix Rising players on the team 
That is how it all starts :)   Find a connection and then start following.   Welcome to the start of a life long fandom, you will find many old and new fans in our various soccer threads.  Jump in any of them at any time :)

The first 11 players (these are the ones voted by the fans) of the 24 man MLS All Star roster were announced.  This won't be the starting lineup, as the coach ultimately chooses but this is who the fans voted for.

.............................Guzan

......Zusi............Zimmerman...........Gonzalez-Perez

Barco.................Nani.............J. Dos Santos...............Pity

.....Rooney................Zlatan...............Vela

The first 11 players (these are the ones voted by the fans) of the 24 man MLS All Star roster were announced.  This won't be the starting lineup, as the coach ultimately chooses but this is who the fans voted for.

nice team, tbh.

oh! seeing zusi's name reminds me.... what has happened to Garza? I've liked his best more than any other LB i've seen for a while... but he's not young, and his worst isn't so hot.

As much as I like seeing AUFC players on the team it’s hard for me to back the Pity selection.  He’s reminiscent of Barco last year with not settling in quickly.  Big name and price tag - I know you can’t swap Josef for him because of positioning but it’s not even close right now in terms of play and impact. 

Is that the vaunted Floppo 4-4-3? 🤔 

33 years ago today .... Diego scored a couple awesome goals against England.  I’ll never forget because it’s my birthday today, and I watched the game on television at my birthday party at my girlfriends house in Germany in 1986. It’s unbelievable how time flies.  That was before we instantly had 10 different hi def replays. I had no idea until the next morning’s newspapers came out that the English might have had a valid handball complaint on the first goal. 

33 years ago today .... Diego scored a couple awesome goals against England.  I’ll never forget because it’s my birthday today, and I watched the game on television at my birthday party at my girlfriends house in Germany in 1986. It’s unbelievable how time flies.  That was before we instantly had 10 different hi def replays. I had no idea until the next morning’s newspapers came out that the English might have had a valid handball complaint on the first goal. 
Happy Mano de dios day!

Happy Birthday!

:hot:

I was watching in a pub in London.

Milan are trying to take Dani Ceballious and Theo Hernandez from Real Madrid. Hernandez they want a 2 year loan option to buy

Maldini was seen in Ibizia today with Hernandez. 

Are there any free sources of live individual player stats during games that have more detail than Yahoo, ESPN, etc.?  Interested in stuff like tackles, dribbles, passes attempted, passes completed, corners, crosses, etc.  Seems like most sites I've found only have the most basic player stats live: goals, assists, shots, fouls...and that's about it.

Are there any free sources of live individual player stats during games that have more detail than Yahoo, ESPN, etc.?  Interested in stuff like tackles, dribbles, passes attempted, passes completed, corners, crosses, etc.  Seems like most sites I've found only have the most basic player stats live: goals, assists, shots, fouls...and that's about it.
Not sure it has everything you want, but I use the FotMob  app.  

try Whoscored.  I don't know if it has all this stuff live though.

https://www.fotmob.com/

El Floppo said:
I think he's been great for Newcastle... we'll see what comes next.

new managers often means shake-up the rosters and starters... a niche guy like the US's Yedlin might see himself on the outs with a new manager (hopefully not)

Yeah, from my cursory research on various fan sites, I get the impression that fans hate their ownership, and are getting to the point where "root for the team, not the owners" is losing its meaning. As a Pirates fan, this feels comfortable and I'm right at home. 

McBokonon said:
Benitez leaves role as Newcastle manager.

As Newcastle's newest fan, am I happy to see this bum gone, or upset we let him get away?
Looks like it's been answered by others in the interim but I think Rafa is a pretty decent manager, as does my NY friend who actually is a Maggie fan (unlike me).  Newcastle has some inherent advantages as a club (big, loyal fan base and big stadium among them) but ownership commitment and expertise isn't one of them. That and the dreary climate make it a little tougher to recruit great managers and players these days, imho.

Avram Grant is the rumor du jour at NUFC but it's unclear whether he'd be manager or technical director.   He was a John Terry slip away from a Champions League title but followed that up with successive relegations at Pompey and West Ham.  To be fair though, he did well at Portsmouth in spite of financial problems.

Users who are viewing this thread