What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

* Official Marvel's Luke Cage * Season 2 out. Sweet Christmas! (2 Viewers)

I really liked season one when Cottonmouth was the villain.  Season 2 is just terrible 1.5 episodes in.  I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it.

I really liked season one when Cottonmouth was the villain.  Season 2 is just terrible 1.5 episodes in.  I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it.
Serious or completely joking? 

Bushmaster >>>> cottonmouth

-OZ- said:
Serious or completely joking? 

Bushmaster >>>> cottonmouth
Maybe later - through 2 episodes this is terrible, and we’ve only had one real look at Bushmaster, assuming he’s the guy who had bullets stuck in his skin.

Maybe later - through 2 episodes this is terrible, and we’ve only had one real look at Bushmaster, assuming he’s the guy who had bullets stuck in his skin.
Give it time. It's not the best MCU show/season, but Bushmaster definitely beats cottonmouth.

Give it time. It's not the best MCU show/season, but Bushmaster definitely beats cottonmouth.
I really liked Cottonmouth.  Ali just had such gravitas, and the mood that the whole show established when he was the bad guy was great.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrWgBZeXqY is a good example - they burned 3 minutes of the show just to set the mood, and there's something about the look on Ali's face while he's watching this rehearsal when nobody's in the club yet that's great.

Shades is just the worst, and through 2 episodes, he's the main bad guy.

I really liked Cottonmouth.  Ali just had such gravitas, and the mood that the whole show established when he was the bad guy was great.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrWgBZeXqY is a good example - they burned 3 minutes of the show just to set the mood, and there's something about the look on Ali's face while he's watching this rehearsal when nobody's in the club yet that's great.

Shades is just the worst, and through 2 episodes, he's the main bad guy.
Oops. I was confusing cottonmouth with diamondback. 

I still like Bushmaster better but it's not as much and they're very different.

Shades is a #####. I was hoping for better as i like Theo Rossi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this season 2 important to the next daredevil season in anyway, because this is brutal to watch.  I'm only 5 episodes in and I don't think I can take anymore. Every 2 minutes you have to listen to or watch a blues concert. Literally nothing happens in any episode.

Is this season 2 important to the next daredevil season in anyway, because this is brutal to watch.  I'm only 5 episodes in and I don't think I can take anymore. Every 2 minutes you have to listen to or watch a blues concert. Literally nothing happens in any episode.
:lmao:

Those are the best parts of the show.  Anytime Mariah or Shades is on the screen trying to act, it's a real problem.

No

I finished season 2.

Positives:

• The Jamaican cadence/slang is always fun, and I liked that they didn't help us through it - it was up to us to keep up and know some basic terms.
  • I'm a suburban white guy, so I get to feel like I'm one of the good ones when I watch black-focused TV.
  • The music in this show just kills, and the live performances in the club set such a cool mood always.
  • I just really like Luke Cage - he's a badass.
  • I like Misty too, and there was even some bonus Colleen Wing.
  • Bushmaster was cool - his backstory was good, he was just ruthless, and the stuntwork was great.  It's hard to come up with an actor to play against the Luke Cage actor physically, but he totally pulled it off.
Negatives:

• I think Mariah Stokes is the worst actress I've seen in my life.  Like Pauly Shore level awful.
  • First couple of episodes were really disjointed and unnecessary.
  • Shades sucks.  He got better as the season went on and the Commanche story was better than I would have expected, but he sucks.
  • I never like a poorly executed, out-of-character break up in these series.  The way they pushed out Claire was lame.  Seems like they try too hard to wedge in 30 years of comic book storylines into shows/movies and try to get as many love interests as possible, but they push through them too abruptly.
  • Iron Fist cameo was stupid, mostly because it had Iron Fist in it.  I know those two are supposed to be buddies from the comic books, but Iron Fist just isn't working out in the shows.

Users who are viewing this thread