What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Marvel's The Defenders -Netflix original series thread*** (1 Viewer)

Got a little tired of the "we can't just kill people" and "that's straight up murder" crap.  Stick and Castle are the only ones who can "pull the trigger" when needed.  The others need to get over the self righteousness and give me some carnage.

Ok to watch this without watching Iron Fist, or should I watch Iron Fist first even though I heard it was bad?
I couldn't finish that series and gave up in episode 5 or so. It was awful. Some enjoy it and you might be one of those. I'd try it but if you don't like it you can skip it and be fine as long as you have a general idea. 

Ok to watch this without watching Iron Fist, or should I watch Iron Fist first even though I heard it was bad?
I couldn't finish that series and gave up in episode 5 or so. It was awful. Some enjoy it and you might be one of those. I'd try it but if you don't like it you can skip it and be fine as long as you have a general idea. 

I only watched about 10% of Cage and Iron Fist and I knew what was going on.  Both of those could have been wrapped up in 3 to 5 episodes.

Got a little tired of the "we can't just kill people" and "that's straight up murder" crap.  Stick and Castle are the only ones who can "pull the trigger" when needed.  The others need to get over the self righteousness and give me some carnage.
You do get that these people are supposed to be heroes, right? They're not out to be judge, jury, and executioner. They're just trying to stop the bad guys that the police can't/won't. 

Killing should be the last resort for a hero. That's why they call the Punisher an anti-hero. 

You do get that these people are supposed to be heroes, right? They're not out to be judge, jury, and executioner. They're just trying to stop the bad guys that the police can't/won't. 

Killing should be the last resort for a hero. That's why they call the Punisher an anti-hero. 

:Spoiler:

So, do you feel Stick was justified in doing what he did to the one bad guy who escaped?  Because Cage almost cried about it and called the police.  That's the type of #### I get tired of.  So yes, I want my heroes to kill evil guys.

:Spoiler:

So, do you feel Stick was justified in doing what he did to the one bad guy who escaped?  Because Cage almost cried about it and called the police.  That's the type of #### I get tired of.  So yes, I want my heroes to kill evil guys.
First off, I have no problem with fictional characters killing each other, so I don't need Stick to justify what he did.

Additionally, I understand Stick's POV on the Hand and so I understand why he felt he had to do it.

But that's not the way heroes operate. If they all did it Stick's way, Iron Fist would've been killed to keep him from the Hand. You can't have your heroes killing one another, even for the greater good. 

Once the hero feels it's ok to kill for the greater good,  it starts to get murky as to which criminals she/he can kill and why,  and how sure about their guilt they need to be, and extenuating circumstances, etc. 

Soon you get to the point where everyone's afraid the "hero" might come for them next. That's why they're not heroes. Heroes are cheered by the masses, not feared. 

First off, I have no problem with fictional characters killing each other, so I don't need Stick to justify what he did.

Additionally, I understand Stick's POV on the Hand and so I understand why he felt he had to do it.

But that's not the way heroes operate. If they all did it Stick's way, Iron Fist would've been killed to keep him from the Hand. You can't have your heroes killing one another, even for the greater good. 

Once the hero feels it's ok to kill for the greater good,  it starts to get murky as to which criminals she/he can kill and why,  and how sure about their guilt they need to be, and extenuating circumstances, etc. 

Soon you get to the point where everyone's afraid the "hero" might come for them next. That's why they're not heroes. Heroes are cheered by the masses, not feared. 

That's the hero we deserve.

Fun show but Iron Fist guy is still horrendous. Awful acting and a dumb, bland, boring character. The casting is on point everywhere else. 

Was waiting to watch this while riding my exercise bike, but leg is still messed up. :(   So went ahead and watched it so I can move on to Punisher.   Enjoyed it. 

Iron Fist's acting was the big detraction.  Sigourney was ok.  Seeing Gao defer to her at the start made her seem like she was going to be more badass than she ended up being.  Also did a little bit of eye rolling at what they revealed was going to destroy the city.  Just... no. No that wouldn't wipe out swathes of the city. Next time have your writers talk to that geologist who called Trish's show.

Nitpicks aside, liked it a lot.  Liked how everything tied back in to the other series and the roles they had for the supporting people in their lives.  Really enjoyed the first few episodes as you could see it forming up how they would end up getting drawn together.  

Makes me want to watch Jessica Jones again.

Users who are viewing this thread