What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Madison Cawthorn Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Just when you'd given up all hopes that the GOP had any standards remaining they vote Cawthorn out.  He's lost his primary.
Worth adding that this is a redone district that he doesn't even live in. At one point a few weeks ago he was refusing to even debate. Just a complete dumpster fire

No chance he just goes away now?
He might revisit his Naval career, at the Academy he was rejected from, but lied about getting into. Maybe he will go back to sexually assaulting coeds in his car. There are a lot of trees in western Carolina that need to be punched. 

He received almost 32% of the vote and only lost by 1.5%. It’s great he lost but that’s pretty depressing.
Also depressing that odds are one of the only Republicans to call out Republicans for enabling White Nationalism will be primaried in Wyoming despite being as conservative as most any Republican in August. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He received almost 32% of the vote and only lost by 1.5%. It’s great he lost but that’s pretty depressing.
Pretty surprised by this given the radio silence I experienced with friends/family/acquaintances.  I thought it would be a slaughter.  They may not be loud, but they are still around and actively voting for people like this.  

No chance he just goes away now?
He has a place waiting for him on the Great Grift Tour. He’ll join MTG, Gaetz, Dinesh, the Trump kids, the Pillow Guy, Seb, and all the rest as they go from town to town ranting about the election being stolen while selling things that mention the election was stolen.

My first thought was, oh wow - cool, he actually conceded, good for him. My second thought was, WTF, I shouldn't be giving kudos to anyone for doing what 99.9% of people do when they lose an election.

Baby steps.  Baby steps.  And good to see.

My first thought was, oh wow - cool, he actually conceded, good for him. My second thought was, WTF, I shouldn't be giving kudos to anyone for doing what 99.9% of people do when they lose an election.
Remember when it mainly just Steve King (the guy from Iowa) that was constantly giving the GOP a black eye?  And when he finally lost, everybody was like "Well, the Republicans finally solved that Steve King problem?"

I guess it's good that Cawthorn lost, but there's a gaggle of other similarly-weird Republicans still in congress, and a handful more will surely join them in a few months.  It kind of feels strange to celebrate Cawthorn's defeat when people like him aren't really outliers all that much, except for the gay coke orgies or whatever the specific deal with him was.

Glad he's gone but the message delivered is reminiscent of Roy Moore's narrow defeat a few years ago. A terrible human bean still nearly won election. 

Glad he's gone but the message delivered is reminiscent of Roy Moore's narrow defeat a few years ago. A terrible human bean still nearly won election. 
The only message to take from it is that a horrible congressman won't be going back. We've got sexual assault allegations, weird sexual videos, insider trading, and other legal issues (multiple times driving with a revoked license and trying to fly with a handgun). Top it off with not living in the district or even taking the primary seriously. He was shooting for the moon doing everything wrong and then poked the leadership to boot.

The only message to take from it is that a horrible congressman won't be going back. We've got sexual assault allegations, weird sexual videos, insider trading, and other legal issues (multiple times driving with a revoked license and trying to fly with a handgun). Top it off with not living in the district or even taking the primary seriously. He was shooting for the moon doing everything wrong and then poked the leadership to boot.
GB, if Republican voters were sane, he would've lost the primary by 20 points. That's what scares me.

32% of the vote for an incumbent in a primary is extremely low, I'm not sure what folks were expecting.  If he had faced just one other candidate he would have probably lost by 20 points.
Yeah. People auto vote incumbents. That Jeff johnson guy got elected just because he had the same name as the incumbent who wasn't running again due to unforeseen circumstances. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didn’t know much about him but after reading his wiki page, yikes. Glad he’s out and shame he was even elected to an initial term.

32% of Republicans in that district thought a guy who tried too bring a loaded handgun on a plane would represent them well.

😲

Sam Brodey @sambrodey

In his first Instagram post since losing, Madison Cawthorn says it's time for "Dark MAGA to truly take command" Vows to "expose those who say and promise one thing yet legislate and work towards another, self-profiteering, globalist goal"

https://twitter.com/sambrodey/status/1527373298182434821 (text of Instragram post at link).
"Dark MAGA"? Is he trying to run the country or play Dungeons & Dragons?

I'm going to love it when Dark MAGA and Ultra MAGA decide to settle whose in charge of the GOP with a Steel Cage Match.

Users who are viewing this thread