What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Madison Cawthorn Thread*** (1 Viewer)

From CNN political fact checker Daniel Dale:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1503481355652550657 (video clip of Cawthorn call in to Charlie Kirk show at link)

Cawthorn did not say he armed people around him; he said the people around him are armed. He also didn’t make any link between the Capitol riot and how he uses his wheelchair to carry weapons - he just said that’s what he does, as we already know.

There are tons of replies to the effect of “how did he know he needed to bring weapons on that day?!!” He always has weapons, he didn’t say he handed out weapons (much less to rioters), and he didn’t say anything here to suggest he brought special weapons on the 6th.

(Even if a member of Congress did get extra-armed on the 6th, that wouldn’t suggest anything criminal; they’re allowed to carry at the Capitol, and you could even find analysts on Twitter warning the day was going to be violent. In summary: not-great video captioning.)

just left a meeting with McCarthy and Scalise.  i wonder if he gave up the location of the GOP coke and orgy parties.

Can’t stop me now! I’m on a ROLLLL!!!1!

Washington Examiner Article:

Madison Cawthorn implicated in potential insider trading scheme, experts say

EXCLUSIVE — Rep. Madison Cawthorn may have violated federal insider trading laws as he hyped up an alleged pump-and-dump cryptocurrency scheme, multiple watchdog groups told the Washington Examiner.

Can’t stop me now! I’m on a ROLLLL!!!1!

Washington Examiner Article:

Madison Cawthorn implicated in potential insider trading scheme, experts say

EXCLUSIVE — Rep. Madison Cawthorn may have violated federal insider trading laws as he hyped up an alleged pump-and-dump cryptocurrency scheme, multiple watchdog groups told the Washington Examiner.
Isn't everyone in the House and Senate lining their pockets illegally? How dumb to you have to be to actually get caught? Nevermind, just saw the loaded handgun at the airport story. 

Isn't everyone in the House and Senate lining their pockets illegally? How dumb to you have to be to actually get caught? Nevermind, just saw the loaded handgun at the airport story. 
I would suggest there's an opposite argument to be made.  That is, given that there will almost certainly be no consequences for getting caught (see Kelly Loeffler, Richard Burr, et.al.), how dumb do you have to be to put in any effort to hide one's illegal activities?

This dude. Oh my

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10764209/GOP-Rep-Madison-Cawthorn-caught-video-male-staff-members-hand-crotch.html

New video of scandal-ridden GOP Rep Madison Cawthorn having his crotch felt by a close male friend and staff member is at the center of a complaint calling for an investigation into him and filed with the Office of Congressional Ethics today, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The extraordinary footage, obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com and seen here for the first time today, shows Cawthorn, 26, in a car with his close aide and his scheduler Stephen Smith, 23.

Cawthorn sits in the driver's seat apparently filmed by Smith as he adopts an exaggerated accent and says, 'I feel the passion and desire and would like to see a naked body beneath my hands.'

The camera then pans back to Smith who says, 'Me too' as Cawthorn can be heard laughing. Smith then films himself reaching his hand over and into Cawthorn's crotch.

Among the many allegations is the claim that representative for North Carolina's 11th district provided thousands of dollars in loans and gifts to Smith, a staff member, with whom, the complaint states, he is engaged in an improper relationship characterized by steamy postings on social media and so close that the staffer joined Cawthorn on his honeymoon to Dubai in April 2021.

“The Washington Examiner uncovered a photo posted on Instagram Dec. 29 in which Cawthorn posed with James Koutoulas, a hedge fund manager and the man behind the cryptocurrency “Let’s Go Brandon” meme coin. In an Instagram post at the time, Cawthorn announced that he owned the cryptocurrency and tomorrow it would “go to the moon.” Cawthorn’s prediction came true when NASCAR driver Brandon Brown announced the following day that the Let’s Go Brandon cryptocurrency would be his primary sponsor in the 2022 racing season. “Let’s Go Brandon” became a phrase used to express opposition to President Joe Biden after a NASCAR journalist misreported a chant by racing fans as cheering the driver when they were actually cursing at the president. After Brown’s announcement, which included a photo of the driver and Koutoulas, the meme coin’s value spiked by 75%, the Washington Examiner reported. The total value of the coin reached $570 million before bottoming out at $0 a month later, leading to at least one lawsuit against Koutoulas for an alleged pump-and-dump scheme.”

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article260803907.html#storylink=cpy

I think we’re getting a course of what happens when you step out of line with the GOP. The coke orgies appear to be real and powerful people are not happy he was talking about it.

Biff84 said:
I think we’re getting a course of what happens when you step out of line with the GOP. The coke orgies appear to be real and powerful people are not happy he was talking about it.
They're certainly hitting him hard. May be too late, but he could lose the primary.

Biff84 said:
He was talking about Gaetz, right? 

The "groping" video is nothing.  Just two good looking dudes joking around. Maybe there is a maturity threshold for office.  If your sense of humor is such that you would do something like that then you're not fit to be a Representative.

Last edited by a moderator:

The "groping" video is nothing.  Just two good looking dudes joking around. Maybe there is a maturity threshold for office.  If your sense of humor is such that you would do something like that then you're not fit to be a Representative.
Yeah, like take the whole Repub Freedom Caucus.

provided thousands of dollars in loans and gifts to Smith, a staff member, with whom, the complaint states, he is engaged in an improper relationship characterized by steamy postings on social media and so close that the staffer joined Cawthorn on his honeymoon to Dubai in April 2021.

an investigation into the nature of Cawthorn's relationship with Smith stating that the junior member of staff lives with Cawthorn.

A picture included in the exhibits filed in support of the call for an ethics investigation appears to show Cawthorn and Smith, poolside. Cawthorn lounges covered with only a towel, his arm draped over Smith who rests his head on his boss's shoulder and places his hand on Cawthorn's hip.

provided thousands of dollars in loans and gifts to Smith, a staff member, with whom, the complaint states, he is engaged in an improper relationship characterized by steamy postings on social media and so close that the staffer joined Cawthorn on his honeymoon to Dubai in April 2021.

an investigation into the nature of Cawthorn's relationship with Smith stating that the junior member of staff lives with Cawthorn.

A picture included in the exhibits filed in support of the call for an ethics investigation appears to show Cawthorn and Smith, poolside. Cawthorn lounges covered with only a towel, his arm draped over Smith who rests his head on his boss's shoulder and places his hand on Cawthorn's hip.
Right, there may be an ethics violation.  I just googled and they are second cousins.  I was refuting the salacious sexual angle to the story.  Did you watch the video?  It was obviously a joke.  I wanted it to be serious.  That would have been funnier.  

Alright…

I think we’ve all “seen enough” of Madison Cawthorn.

Time for this buffoon the fade into obscurity…

Finally something we can all agree on!

What am I missing.  Cross dressing and bisexuality not ok if you're republican or is it because he's a hypocrite?
Nobody cares, or would care if he was gay, bi, whatever, if he wasn't such a turd. 

He has railed against how the "left is destroying the nuclear family in America". Which is, as we all know, code for one man one woman. He got divorced after 8 months of marriage to his wife, and it appears that he may not be the hyper masculine dude he likes to say he is.

Nobody cares, or would care if he was gay, bi, whatever, if he wasn't such a turd. 

He has railed against how the "left is destroying the nuclear family in America". Which is, as we all know, code for one man one woman. He got divorced after 8 months of marriage to his wife, and it appears that he may not be the hyper masculine dude he likes to say he is.
Or stuff like this.

Yea, he is obviously dealing with some serious issues. He needs to be out of the spotlight before he completely implodes, IMO. This is quite the resume

Police stopped him for driving with a revoked license (again). Airport security stopped him for trying to bring a gun onto a plane (again). He made outlandish and unsubstantiated comments on an obscure podcast about orgies and cocaine use by his Capitol Hill colleagues. He called the Ukrainian president a “thug,” he suggested Nancy Pelosi was an alcoholic (she doesn’t drink), and the seemingly ceaseless gush of unsavory news has included allegations of insider trading, pictures of shuttered district offices, a leaked tranche of salacious images and videos, and ongoing proof in FEC filings that he’s a prodigious fundraiser but a profligate spender as well. All of this comes on top of multiple women in multiple places accusing him of sexual harassment, his role in the insurrection on Jan. 6 of last year, his growing catalogue of alarming provocations on social media and on the House floor, and his politically imprudent decision to announce he was switching districts only to reverse course. His marriage amidst all this lasted less than a year.

Yea, he is obviously dealing with some serious issues. He needs to be out of the spotlight before he completely implodes, IMO. This is quite the resume

Police stopped him for driving with a revoked license (again). Airport security stopped him for trying to bring a gun onto a plane (again). He made outlandish and unsubstantiated comments on an obscure podcast about orgies and cocaine use by his Capitol Hill colleagues. He called the Ukrainian president a “thug,” he suggested Nancy Pelosi was an alcoholic (she doesn’t drink), and the seemingly ceaseless gush of unsavory news has included allegations of insider trading, pictures of shuttered district offices, a leaked tranche of salacious images and videos, and ongoing proof in FEC filings that he’s a prodigious fundraiser but a profligate spender as well. All of this comes on top of multiple women in multiple places accusing him of sexual harassment, his role in the insurrection on Jan. 6 of last year, his growing catalogue of alarming provocations on social media and on the House floor, and his politically imprudent decision to announce he was switching districts only to reverse course. His marriage amidst all this lasted less than a year.
Checks all the boxes for a Trump endorsement…

"I miss not peeing the bed because I have no control over my penis"

Now it's an orgy party! 

Users who are viewing this thread