What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Corey Coleman - WR - Patriots (1 Viewer)

Is that concerns woth Gordon? Because that post from Faust didn't sound too great for Coleman. Ahead of an injured 4th round pick? I'd hope so. 
Meh, Hue would cut off his nose to spite his face. Just like starting and then benching a 21 year old rookie then benching him again and then blaming him for your dumpster fire of a defensive scheme and losing every game on the season. Then spreading lies to the press to have your GM fired and blaming him as well for all of the problems you, yourself created. Does this adequately describe the clown that Hue Jackson is yet? So much of a clown that his new GM couldnt even tell him who they were picking first overall and probably him being the leak for every QB in this draft being the potential 1.1 because the GM was probably testing if he was the leak.... I really like what the Browns did this offseason, except for holding onto Hue Jackson.

Is that related with Gordon? Because that post from Faust didn't sound too great for Coleman. Ahead of an injured 4th round pick? I'd hope so. 
Callawayis being hyped because he’s the next Tyreek Hill of course. There’s a lot more chance he’s the next dgb. He’s a long term lottery ticket.

He's a dud.  You thought he didn't get enough targets before, welcome to life with target hogs Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll have a big pre-season game or catch a touchdown when he's on your bench.

He's a dud.  You thought he didn't get enough targets before, welcome to life with target hogs Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll have a big pre-season game or catch a touchdown when he's on your bench.
He’s now my WR5 in one dynasty league, so I’m counting on him at all, but he’s not cut-able just yet. Not looking good for him at all, though, and I expect to cut bait on him next off season  

If you own him now I think you have to hold him, hoping for a trade, to see where he ends up before cutting him. I traded him for Tyreek Hill before the season started last year so I'm not in that boat but I loved him coming out of college and happily drafted him at the 1.02. He's flashed but he keeps having these freak injuries. 

Targets? If you averaged out his first two seasons over 16 games he would average 110 targets in a season. If Gordon is out with no Dez addition I fully expect him to see that. However, through a combination of his own inefficiency and poor QB play his catch rate has been horrid. There has definitely been a disconnect, that doesn’t mean to sell him up a river though. Nelson Agholor is an easy example to pull from the top of my head that improved efficiency tenfold and paid dividends last year. If he could post a 55% catch rate with career average ypc you’d be talking 61 rec for 781 yds and a classification for a breakout season. IF Gordon isn’t there I would stand by that as a projection.

Yeah I can’t see him being dealt now unless he’s an uncontrollable diva.
Me either. He probably doesn't have any value. This is when guys are traded for like 5th round picks so a lesser guy wouldn't even rank. 

This thread is as expected. Coleman's time and chances are almost done so he's starting to MAYBE put it together but yet everyone that had dashed hopes for him is grumpy about those dashed hopes. 

Callaway is no #1 in the NFL. He's a two or a slot. I'm not even sure Coleman is but maybe he can fake it. Neither of them can fill Gordon's shoes and maybe ten guys in the NFL can. The Browns will have to have a different offense or different set of reads if Gordon gets hurt. Landry will bounce outside or get more focus in the slot. They won't ignore him. That guy's whole line of thought is off. They didn't sign Landry to rely upon some UDFA. He is a beast in the slot and just good outside but when Miami moved him around and Ds had to guess and chase him, it worked fine. The Browns will do that. Hue does not need to "find out" what Landry is good at, he's a known commodity. This whole line of thinking is off.

Coleman (and sometimes Callaway) is a great last pick in the draft type. He'll be the first player I cut week one for a WW or maybe even late in the summer but if he pans out then it's sweet. Fourth and Fifth WRs on NFL teams do not produce and should not be on your FF team. I lllllove to talk about them but you're half crazy if ya have one in a redraft league. 200? yards per season is a typical projection maybe even less. The perspective here has carried on from when Coleman was thought more highly of. That's off in this thread. We're just looking for a "show me something" camp and maybe some opportunity during the season. Suppose you're hoping he starts opposite Gordon with Landry in the slot. Ya can't insult Hue and then expect a lot from a fourth or fifth target even if he is the starter. The Browns TE and receiving back are impressive so to insult Hue's offense and have high expectations for a last ditch option in the passing game doesn't really match up either. 

Also I bet Janis becomes ol reliable here. He may not be old but this team could use a savvy veteran at times and I bet he can do that. He'll do nothing and then make a key catch when the walls are crumbling and this team, this culture sorely needs a guy like Janis to keep drives alive. Beasley and Williams were nothing on the Cowboys but when there was too much Dez and he struggled, man they made some key catches. This franchise hasn't overcome a thing in a decade- all their new "blood" is going to show them how to not panic on 3rd and 8 or when they're down 7 in the fourth. Why mention this? Because the prior Browns would have relied on athletes like Coleman and Callaway. This is a new age and they need a get'r done guy. If you tell me Janis has 12 catches in 2018, fine then I'm giving him 10 first downs. His production won't be huge but I think he'll be invaluable.

Bri said:
Me either. He probably doesn't have any value. This is when guys are traded for like 5th round picks so a lesser guy wouldn't even rank. 

This thread is as expected. Coleman's time and chances are almost done so he's starting to MAYBE put it together but yet everyone that had dashed hopes for him is grumpy about those dashed hopes. 

Callaway is no #1 in the NFL. He's a two or a slot. I'm not even sure Coleman is but maybe he can fake it. Neither of them can fill Gordon's shoes and maybe ten guys in the NFL can. The Browns will have to have a different offense or different set of reads if Gordon gets hurt. Landry will bounce outside or get more focus in the slot. They won't ignore him. That guy's whole line of thought is off. They didn't sign Landry to rely upon some UDFA. He is a beast in the slot and just good outside but when Miami moved him around and Ds had to guess and chase him, it worked fine. The Browns will do that. Hue does not need to "find out" what Landry is good at, he's a known commodity. This whole line of thinking is off.

Coleman (and sometimes Callaway) is a great last pick in the draft type. He'll be the first player I cut week one for a WW or maybe even late in the summer but if he pans out then it's sweet. Fourth and Fifth WRs on NFL teams do not produce and should not be on your FF team. I lllllove to talk about them but you're half crazy if ya have one in a redraft league. 200? yards per season is a typical projection maybe even less. The perspective here has carried on from when Coleman was thought more highly of. That's off in this thread. We're just looking for a "show me something" camp and maybe some opportunity during the season. Suppose you're hoping he starts opposite Gordon with Landry in the slot. Ya can't insult Hue and then expect a lot from a fourth or fifth target even if he is the starter. The Browns TE and receiving back are impressive so to insult Hue's offense and have high expectations for a last ditch option in the passing game doesn't really match up either. 

Also I bet Janis becomes ol reliable here. He may not be old but this team could use a savvy veteran at times and I bet he can do that. He'll do nothing and then make a key catch when the walls are crumbling and this team, this culture sorely needs a guy like Janis to keep drives alive. Beasley and Williams were nothing on the Cowboys but when there was too much Dez and he struggled, man they made some key catches. This franchise hasn't overcome a thing in a decade- all their new "blood" is going to show them how to not panic on 3rd and 8 or when they're down 7 in the fourth. Why mention this? Because the prior Browns would have relied on athletes like Coleman and Callaway. This is a new age and they need a get'r done guy. If you tell me Janis has 12 catches in 2018, fine then I'm giving him 10 first downs. His production won't be huge but I think he'll be invaluable.
Jeff Janis who has 17 career receptions and only one season with more than two?  Is that the "savvy vet" who makes key catches when the walls are crumbling?

Bri said:
Also I bet Janis becomes ol reliable here. He may not be old but this team could use a savvy veteran at times and I bet he can do that. He'll do nothing and then make a key catch when the walls are crumbling and this team, this culture sorely needs a guy like Janis to keep drives alive.
The bigger picture may be the Teams overall mentality vs. say the Packers and the direction their heading  I'm still kinda shocked Jordy left because he seemed to be ARod's man-crush  But here we have the Brown's acquiring at least a veteran if not special Teams Ace w/ nearly three times the amount of return yds in comparison to receiving who probably just needs opportunity's   

Let's not forget Flash is on record for stating best WR Corp in the League or something of that nature  It's easy to say in relation to "starters" but it could have meant more than just known abilities  Stuff like work ethics  - Wally Pip

Jeff Janis who has 17 career receptions and only one season with more than two?  Is that the "savvy vet" who makes key catches when the walls are crumbling?
In IDP leagues with points for special teams tackles, Janis could have some value in 32-team deep-roster formats.  He’s actually a Pro Bowl caliber gunner on punt coverage teams.

But his tackle stats far exceed his receiving stats, even in PPR.  

:P

We'll see. I only predicted 12 catches. Don't leap on my words here too much. 

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I’m about ready to accept that it’s time to drop him and move on. RIP CoCo 2018. 

I’ve gone out of my way to avoid Bills this offseason... guess I’ll just laugh at this irony and move on. Go... Josh Allen  :X

Bills' Corey Coleman: Traded to Buffalo

Cleveland has agreed to trade Coleman (hamstring) to Buffalo for a draft pick, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Coleman could quickly become the top target in Buffalo and his trade could mean the Browns are confident Josh Gordon will return to training camp. Coleman was limited throughout portions of Saturday's practice due to hamstring soreness, but the injury sounds minor and likely shouldn't limit completion of the trade.

### #### it. Of all the places that would be worse.
Not sure I understand this reaction at all. Coleman could easily be the Bills #1 WR, that was never happening in Cleveland. Its not the best QB situation I'll grant you, but the list of teams where Coleman could become the #1 WR was about Buffalo long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I understand this reaction at all. Coleman could easily be the Bills #1 WR, that was never happening in Cleveland. Its not the best QB situation I'll grant you, but the least of teams where Coleman could become the #1 WR was about Buffalo long.
Well I think Josh Allen, Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron are all dog ####. I’m not sure Brian Daboll has had a passer over 2500 yds passing and it’s 50/50 on whether I’m joking about that stat.

The most passing yards Brian Daboll has had as a OC was a collective 3091, the most TD’s: 20 and second highest amount of passing TD’s in a season was 13. The Bills organization is trash right now. 

Not sure I understand this reaction at all. Coleman could easily be the Bills #1 WR, that was never happening in Cleveland. Its not the best QB situation I'll grant you, but the list of teams where Coleman could become the #1 WR was about Buffalo long.

An inaccurate QB throwing to a WR who can't run routes or catch, awesome.

He will have opportunity this year that would not have been possible in Cleveland but we still have to wait a year until the Bills draft their QB of the future. Hold in dynasty, last round dart throw in best ball. 

Well I think Josh Allen, Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron are all dog ####. I’m not sure Brian Daboll has had a passer over 2500 yds passing and it’s 50/50 on whether I’m joking about that stat.
I don't disagree with any of that. But isn't being a potential #1 in a bad passing game, better than being a potential #4(possibly lower counting Njoku and Duke Johnson) in a mediocre one? This is an upgrade for Coleman's owners in my eyes, simply from a target standpoint. Coleman just went from likely under 50 or targets to possibly over 100.

I don't disagree with any of that. But isn't being a potential #1 in a bad passing game, better than being a potential #4(possibly lower counting Njoku and Duke Johnson) in a mediocre one? This is an upgrade for Coleman's owners in my eyes, simply from a target standpoint. Coleman just went from likely under 50 or targets to possibly over 100.
That’s my only hope is that he eats what would have been Benjamin’s target share away. If he gets that I would still bet high inefficiency and that will be 3 straight years of terrible efficiency. At that point it will be incredibly difficult to judge whether he has made any progress as a WR at all. Very unfair. How can you judge a player who has dealt with this?

Theoretically it may seem like an upgrade, but to me it makes Coleman worthless.  A bad team who's #1 WR is not even in camp just gave the guy up for what is probably peanuts when he isnt even making much this year.  

You are assuming Coleman can play.  Dorsey seems to know something, otherwise I can't see him giving away a guy who could actually help.

Theoretically it may seem like an upgrade, but to me it makes Coleman worthless.  A bad team who's #1 WR is not even in camp just gave the guy up for what is probably peanuts when he isnt even making much this year.  

You are assuming Coleman can play.  Dorsey seems to know something, otherwise I can't see him giving away a guy who could actually help.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I'm not sure how this move could make Coleman worthless, he was already worthless in Cleveland as their likely 4th WR. At worst he remains worthless. 

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I'm not sure how this move could make Coleman worthless, he was already worthless in Cleveland as their likely 4th WR. At worst he remains worthless. 
Because I think the trade signifies something that maybe we all were not aware of prior to the trade.  

You think it is an upgrade.  I do not.

In the NFL, one man's trash is usually just another man's trash as well, just with more optimism. This might not be the case with camp cuts and such. But when it comes to trades, the value usually tells you what the NFL as a whole thinks of the guy, and most importantly what the trading team who has seen him every day during his career thinks...unproven guys who get traded off of past pedigree and potential almost never pan out. 

In the NFL, one man's trash is usually just another man's trash as well, just with more optimism. This might not be the case with camp cuts and such. But when it comes to trades, the value usually tells you what the NFL as a whole thinks of the guy, and most importantly what the trading team who has seen him every day during his career thinks...unproven guys who get traded off of past pedigree and potential almost never pan out. 
I am sure the Bills are feeling a little desperate at WR right now as well. It is probably the worst WR group in the league and the worst QB group too. They need a lucky break to generate a passing game this year. 

I think there may be some cause here for optimism.  Coleman could have potentially found a role in a Tyrod Taylor-led Browns' offense, but he may not yet be ready to take that step.  Long-term, I didn't see as good a fit for Coleman in a Baker Mayfield-led offense in Cleveland.  However, Coleman could become a vertical weapon for the strong-armed Josh Allen. Coleman's star is not yet on the rise, but neither am I ready to write him off just yet.  At worst, I see this as a lateral move for Coleman.  At best, it kick starts his fledgling career.  

Theyre getting a 7th back for him, sounds like its a combination of the browns liking other guys and also really wanting him gone for some reason. Maybe he will flourish under a new staff in a new organization. He has a chance to be in the same role as sammy was when he was there. But I agree, its from one dumpster fire to another slightly less fiery one.

They have him for this season and next for somewhat cheap. 1.5, and 2.04 million.

Kelvin is getting 8.45 this year. Then UFA next.

Kerley 915k then UFA.

Zay 773k.

It makes a lot of sense for Buf. High upside talent, cheap cost and a patchwork WR group. If it works out, its  steal, especially if Zay learns how to actually catch. Kelvin isnt coming back. So CC could lock in to the top spot there very quickly. Dunno how much thats worth for FF, prolly not a lot.

Or it's a decent pick.  If this is some 5th rounder I am simply shaking my head, unless Coleman is some huge locker room cancer
7th rounder....in 2020.  That's pretty much the lowest amount of compensation they could have received.  They just wanted him gone. 

Bad players switching bad teams don't turn them into good players.
Agreed.  However, Coleman has the potential to be on the field more in Buffalo than in Cleveland and should have more targets.  Coleman owners should not have been expecting much but this should not hurt those expectations at all.  They should be happy for the potential in Buffalo. 

Users who are viewing this thread